Pages:
Author

Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion? - page 10. (Read 901291 times)

legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468
May 04, 2019, 09:19:27 PM
^^^ 1. Recognize that homosexual tendencies are only that, tendencies, that were recognized to be friendship tendencies in other ways than homosexuality.
2. Get help and counseling to confirm how to properly apply those tendencies in life.
3. Absolutely avoid homosexual acts.
4. Get counseling about how to interact with people of both sexes without doing the H acts.
5. No sexual intercourse outside of marriage.
6. Make friends who are strong in ways that avoid H, while avoiding people who tend toward the H acts.
7. Seek a straight church, and get counseling for those trained to deal with H.
8. Avoid anti-H medicines as much as possible; get into good nutrition.

Doing these things will gradually train a person away from H no matter what his chemical tendencies are.

Life is full of troubles. Don't make them worse by indulging them.

Acting out the gay part is an illness because it completely thwarts the purpose for the instincts, procreation.

Cool

Ignoring the fact that you are completely mental when it comes to the issue of homosexuality...

Do you buy cars without driving them?  No sex before marriage can lead to lifelong sexual frustration, adultery and eventually a divorce.

Are you sure you (or your God, lol) thought this through?

Why are you so afraid of gays?  Are you gay yourself and are afraid that people would find out and think less of you as a man?

It cannot be just Bible verses, there is more to this story, I'm afraid.
legendary
May 04, 2019, 09:08:57 PM
first of all we can not blame whole community just because of few rotten apples. And i think some of them hate religion because they think different religion are the reason of this extremism and radicalization presence in the world, which is true at all. Some people who are not following religion properly are extremist because no religion of world preach extremism.

What does the Bible or Quran say you should do with the gay people?

Religious people are the victims.  The worldview presented in the scriptures is what is wrong with religions.

Not 'few rotten apples' as you put it.  People are born into their religions and become indoctrinated as children.
What happens after that depends on who they associate with.

Religions poison your mind.  All religions are equally evil.

The issue is not with 'few rotten apples', the issue is with 'rotten scriptures'.

Religious apologetics always try to shift the blame on people, away from the scriptures, but the fact is that the scriptures are the root cause of all the problems created by religions.  Not the people who were indoctrinated into the religions of their parents.
its the laws to live, if we live without rules we are savages. Holy religious books do not stops you from any beneficial thing or action it only stops you from what is wrong and harmful for humanity.

Is killing gays wrong or not, in your opinion?

legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368
May 04, 2019, 08:56:48 PM
^^^ LOL! Another gay-sick homo! And not only that, but one who doesn't know a whole lot about Islam.

Are you an atheist, too? Say you are so that you will be explained a little.

Cool
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1540
May 04, 2019, 05:22:59 PM
^^^ 1. Recognize that homosexual tendencies are only that, tendencies, that were recognized to be friendship tendencies in other ways than homosexuality.
2. Get help and counseling to confirm how to properly apply those tendencies in life.
4. Get counseling about how to interact with people of both sexes without doing the H acts.
6. Make friends who are strong in ways that avoid H, while avoiding people who tend toward the H acts.

Doing these things will gradually train a person away from H no matter what his chemical tendencies are.

Acting out the gay part is an illness because it completely thwarts the purpose for the instincts, procreation.

Cool

There is no difference in between you and Islamist fanatics, who thinks like that. you may want to collaborate with this so called Islamic scholar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ty-_iMy5E0g

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1122686639417856003
Activity: 120
Merit: 6
May 04, 2019, 04:46:40 PM
first of all we can not blame whole community just because of few rotten apples. And i think some of them hate religion because they think different religion are the reason of this extremism and radicalization presence in the world, which is true at all. Some people who are not following religion properly are extremist because no religion of world preach extremism.

Religious people are the victims.  The worldview presented in the scriptures is what is wrong with religions.

Not 'few rotten apples' as you put it.  People are born into their religions and become indoctrinated as children.

The issue is not with 'few rotten apples', the issue is with 'rotten scriptures'.

Religious apologetics always try to shift the blame on people, away from the scriptures, but the fact is that the scriptures are the root cause of all the problems created by religions.  Not the people who were indoctrinated into the religions of their parents.
its the laws to live, if we live without rules we are savages. Holy religious books do not stops you from any beneficial thing or action it only stops you from what is wrong and harmful for humanity.
legendary
May 04, 2019, 01:35:26 PM

Cool
Activity: 1624
Merit: 645
May 04, 2019, 06:37:44 AM
^^^ There are both, free will and lack of it.

For example, when you work for a company, your boss often tells you to do something. Some things he dictates. But others he allows you to use your own judgment on. The results work out best when there is a little of each, free will and controlled direction.

God works similarly in the universe, but much more foundationally. He allows us partial free will so that we are free. But because we are not strong enough to actuate anything that we free-will decide, God does the actuating for us. When He does it, He does it according to His goals and the physics of the universe.

Cause & Effect in the universe makes it look like we ultimately don't have free will. But we don't have enough science to factually claim that we have free will or not. So, we need to follow the two examples available:
1. Apparent free will shows that the free-will idea is present;
2. The Bible shows us how we have free will, with God Almighty guiding it.

Conscious control of things is very limited. Even science has shown that the subconscious is far greater than the conscious.

Cool

Just let us know when you successfully turn yourself into a homosexual and I will accept your theory that people ''choose'' to be gay.

I get sick once in a while. But I don't choose to be sick. When I get sick, I work on ways to get well rather than indulging the sickness more and more.

Cool

Mind telling us what ways are there to convert yourself from homosexuality to heterosexuality? Because I don't think any doctor in the world has been able to do it, some people might have converted back but as far as I know there are no drugs/medicine able to convert you back, unless you know something the rest of the world doesn't.

Also, why is being gay an illness?
legendary
May 04, 2019, 02:07:51 AM

For example, when you work for a company, your boss often tells you to do something. Some things he dictates. But others he allows you to use your own judgment on. The results work out best when there is a little of each, free will and controlled direction.

God works similarly in the universe, but much more foundationally. He allows us partial free will so that we are free. But because we are not strong enough to actuate anything that we free-will decide, God does the actuating for us. When He does it, He does it according to His goals and the physics of the universe.

Cause & Effect in the universe makes it look like we ultimately don't have free will. But we don't have enough science to factually claim that we have free will or not. So, we need to follow the two examples available:

Conscious control of things is very limited. Even science has shown that the subconscious is far greater than the conscious.

Cool

Just let us know when you successfully turn yourself into a homosexual and I will accept your theory that people ''choose'' to be gay.

I get sick once in a while. But I don't choose to be sick. When I get sick, I work on ways to get well rather than indulging the sickness more and more.

Cool
Activity: 616
Merit: 30
May 03, 2019, 11:42:08 PM

Cool

What the ****  people choose to be Gay?what about those 3 years old children's that has been showinh to be a Gay in their younger years meaninh they choose to be one?no man thats impossible

But yeah i believed that some gAys had choose to be what they are because most of the time it is from the environment and from the people we live on,but some gays just woke ip feeling to be a women and thats not a choice its reality
legendary
May 03, 2019, 09:26:33 PM

Just stop this 'free will' nonsense...

Our world can be deterministic or non-deterministic.  There is no other choice.

Actually there is a third option. The universe including all time and space could be an imagined deterministic creation in which the creations are imagined to be free.
The Izbicer Rebbe and Freewill
http://www.theapj.com/the-izbicer-rebbe-and-freewill-2/

You just babble without thinking, or you are unable to think.  Which one is it?

Your 'third' option is the "first" option.  Even if we live in the deterministic simulation.

Fuck, you are a walking, talking proof that religions cause permanent brain damage.

I am sorry af_newbie but if you want to understand this topic you are going to have to put in a little more effort.

However emotional satisfying you find it calling people sadistic and brain damaged it just makes you look silly. You are simply not understanding what in my opinion is the most elegant of the solutions to the free will problem.

Izbicer demonstrates is that it is possible for agents to be free, relative to the fiction that they live in, whilst wholly determined from a God’s eye view. If you want to really understand how this works you will have to do some reading and approach the topic with an open mind.

Did you just conceit that the moral code is relative to the culture that adopts it?
Moral code evolves as our cultures evolve.
You just validated two things: that the morals are relative to the culture they were developed in, and that God did not write the ...moral code,... If it was the creator of space and time, he would have given transcendent, objective (to any culture) moral code.  

No I said that the proper instantiation of the objective moral code can vary across changing circumstances.

The command love your neighbor as yourself for example can cause you to act in one way in a particular scenario and in an entirely different way in another time and situation. The truth is fixed it’s implementation infinity variable.

Societies adherence to objective morality is always flawed.  The closeness of the approximation varies hopefully with gradual improvement over time.

As BadDecker mentioned human nature does not change much over time on a fundamental level. This is true and it’s the reason why the 10 commandments are as relevant today as there were centuries ago.

Society, however, is vastly more complex and powerful then it was 4,000 years ago.  Some things that were important in times past are not as relevant or practical in our modern world (animal offerings are an example). When those situations arise one can understand the message of the Bible by attempting to understand why the rule was ideal and necessary 4,000 years ago. Deriving that truth if we can sometimes allows us to extrapolate how that principle would map to the modern world. It’s not an easy process which is perhaps why we have been granted a role model to follow. The ideal if you will.

Ask yourself: 'What would Jesus character do?"

"the proper instantiation" is subjective, not objective.  

I do not understand people like you and BADecker, I cannot believe that you, living in a modern, Western country, can think that people 4000 years ago knew more about the human condition than contemporary scientists and philosophers.  You do realize that these people were ignorant, did not know what planet they were on, what Sun was and why they have evolved from other life forms.  Their community leaders wrote the Bible to manage growing cities and communities, provide some legal and moral guidance.  That is it.

I just don't get it.  Are you that stupid? Unbelievable!!!
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1055
May 03, 2019, 08:46:43 PM

Just stop this 'free will' nonsense...

Actually there is a third option. The universe including all time and space could be an imagined deterministic creation in which the creations are imagined to be free.

Your 'third' option is the "first" option.  Even if we live in the deterministic simulation.

Fuck, you are a walking, talking proof that religions cause permanent brain damage.

I am sorry af_newbie but if you want to understand this topic you are going to have to put in a little more effort.

However emotional satisfying you find it calling people sadistic and brain damaged it just makes you look silly. You are simply not understanding what in my opinion is the most elegant of the solutions to the free will problem.

Izbicer demonstrates is that it is possible for agents to be free, relative to the fiction that they live in, whilst wholly determined from a God’s eye view. If you want to really understand how this works you will have to do some reading and approach the topic with an open mind.

Did you just conceit that the moral code is relative to the culture that adopts it?
Moral code evolves as our cultures evolve.
You just validated two things: that the morals are relative to the culture they were developed in, and that God did not write the ...moral code,... If it was the creator of space and time, he would have given transcendent, objective (to any culture) moral code.  

No I said that the proper instantiation of the objective moral code can vary across changing circumstances.

The command love your neighbor as yourself for example can cause you to act in one way in a particular scenario and in an entirely different way in another time and situation. The truth is fixed it’s implementation infinity variable.

Societies adherence to objective morality is always flawed.  The closeness of the approximation varies hopefully with gradual improvement over time.

As BadDecker mentioned human nature does not change much over time on a fundamental level. This is true and it’s the reason why the 10 commandments are as relevant today as there were centuries ago.

Society, however, is vastly more complex and powerful then it was 4,000 years ago.  Some things that were important in times past are not as relevant or practical in our modern world (animal offerings are an example). When those situations arise one can understand the message of the Bible by attempting to understand why the rule was ideal and necessary 4,000 years ago. Deriving that truth if we can sometimes allows us to extrapolate how that principle would map to the modern world. It’s not an easy process which is perhaps why we have been granted a role model to follow. The ideal if you will.

legendary
May 03, 2019, 07:10:59 PM

Activity: 120
Merit: 6
May 03, 2019, 05:35:19 PM
Activity: 1624
Merit: 645
May 03, 2019, 02:26:36 PM

Cool

legendary
May 03, 2019, 11:00:04 AM

Did you just conceit that the moral code is relative to the culture that adopts it? The Bible moral code was written by people from one Bronze Age culture for people from other Bronze Age cultures.  Nothing more, nothing else.  That is why in today's cultures we have different sets of moral values.  

Moral code evolves as our cultures evolve.  Actions that were accepted to be moral 100 years ago are not moral today, and vice versa.  Even our contemporary cultures have different moral standards.  Just look around the world, from the Middle East to Africa and Europe.  All diametrically different.

You just validated two things: that the morals are relative to the culture they were developed in, and that God did not write the Bible/Talmud/Quran moral code, people from those cultures did.  If it was the creator of space and time, he would have given transcendent, objective (to any culture) moral code.  That did not happen.

PS.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SQbc0I9_pM

The thing that you willing ignore is that people are just the same now as they were back then. So, the laws fit the people of today as they did the people back then. But the point is who the laws were given to, and why.

Science shows us that math and physics haven't changed much in the last several thousand years. But the Bible stopped expanding with the Revelation, almost 2,000 years ago, because God accomplished the saving of ALL people back then, with Jesus' death and resurrection. So, the laws, while they are important, are going to dissolve (along with the math and physics) in the coming destruction of this universe.

Why doesn't science know about the coming destruction scientifically? They do. Everybody knows that we all die. But science is too weak to tell about the coming end of the universe. We need to go to God for that. Btw, God is attested to by science, not necessarily by scientists - Scientific proof that God exists? - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/scientific-proof-that-god-exists-737322.

Cool
legendary
May 03, 2019, 10:49:38 AM
^^^ That's too bad for you.

I was raised Christian, and the first time I heard about death, I asked my parents what it meant. They explained it to me. And then they explained that Jesus (the Christ) takes people to Heaven if they believe in Him.

I feel sad for you that you never had anyone explain it to you.

Cool

I feel sad for you that your folks indoctrinated you with “fairy tales for grownups” (as l like to refer to Christianity as) when you were young and impressionable, rather than letting you think critically and come to the rational conclusion that all religions are fairy tales for grownups.
Thank goodness my parents did just that, and around the age of nine I was smart enough to realize that the
almighty invisible sky fairy, that deluded pious folk (such as yourself) refer to as god, allah,  yowie, jehova....or whatever the phuk  your silly flavor religion names him..is about as real as Santa Claus or the tooth fairy.

All you are saying is that you reject reality and science. Go through my posts in Scientific proof that God exists? - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/scientific-proof-that-god-exists-737322 - and put it together.

What? You won't do this? See? It's by choice that you reject the truth. You grew up to make your own choice, based on lack of facts.

Cool
legendary
May 03, 2019, 07:51:50 AM

Just stop this 'free will' nonsense, aka. excuse why God fucked up his 'perfect' plan.

If the world is deterministic, you have no control over what you are going to do next.  Your thoughts are driven by all the cause and effects that created thoughts in your brain. The 'choices' your brain produces are the product of C&E your brain experienced before it produced the said 'choices'.  The very process of 'choosing the right option' is determined by your previous experiences and the state of your brain.

If the world is non-deterministic, there is some random process that you have no control over it.  The thoughts produced by your brain are the result of C&E and some random process over which you have no control.  By definition, the 'choices' your brain produces are not really yours but are determined by some random process inside or outside of your brain and the current state of your brain.
Our brains are complex automatons capable of creating illusions, including the 'free will' and "me" illusion.

BTW, I just included the first option for completeness of the argument against the free will.  

In reality, it looks like the world is driven by more probabilistic, random events first seen in the double split experiment.

The first option would be correct if classical, Newtonian mechanics would explain everything we see in the universe, but it does not.

As for the simulation argument, it is a long shot.  But it is the only shot you religious freaks got, that the world is an infinite chain of simulations run by some alien species.

You are a moral relativitist because you do not kill gays for breakfast as the Bible recommends.

The best way to understand the Old Testament of the Bible is as a set of ideal rules for the primitive society it was given to a barbaric primitive corrupt illiterate tribe living in unimaginable squalor surrounded and vastly outnumbered by more powerful pagan cultures.

It should be viewed as the necessary rules for that society to survive and thrive in their utterly hostile environment.

Did you just conceit that the moral code is relative to the culture that adopts it? The Bible moral code was written by people from one Bronze Age culture for people from other Bronze Age cultures.  Nothing more, nothing else.  That is why in today's cultures we have different sets of moral values.  

Moral code evolves as our cultures evolve.  Actions that were accepted to be moral 100 years ago are not moral today, and vice versa.  Even our contemporary cultures have different moral standards.  Just look around the world, from the Middle East to Africa and Europe.  All diametrically different.

You just validated two things: that the morals are relative to the culture they were developed in, and that God did not write the Bible/Talmud/Quran moral code, people from those cultures did.  If it was the creator of space and time, he would have given transcendent, objective (to any culture) moral code.  That did not happen.

PS.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SQbc0I9_pM
legendary
Activity: 3388
Merit: 3514
born once atheist
May 03, 2019, 07:20:40 AM
^^^ That's too bad for you.

I was raised Christian, and the first time I heard about death, I asked my parents what it meant. They explained it to me. And then they explained that Jesus (the Christ) takes people to Heaven if they believe in Him.

I feel sad for you that you never had anyone explain it to you.

Cool

I feel sad for you that your folks indoctrinated you with “fairy tales for grownups” (as l like to refer to Christianity as) when you were young and impressionable, rather than letting you think critically and come to the rational conclusion that all religions are fairy tales for grownups.
Thank goodness my parents did just that, and around the age of nine I was smart enough to realize that the
almighty invisible sky fairy, that deluded pious folk (such as yourself) refer to as god, allah,  yowie, jehova....or whatever the phuk  your silly flavor religion names him..is about as real as Santa Claus or the tooth fairy.
legendary
May 03, 2019, 03:06:29 AM
^^^ You're so good, CoinCube. When you look at the Psalms in the O.T., you find many of them were written and spoken/sung by King David, some before he was king. He was a warrior. He was one of the bloodiest warriors. He personally killed thousands. But his Psalms explain him.

"When I wanted peace, they wanted war."
"O, my God, save my life from those dogs."

Most of his Psalms had to do with asking God for help in his warrior activities... not because he wanted to be a warrior, but because he was thrown into the position by others who wanted to harm him and the little nation of Ancient Israel.

Exactly as you said. There wasn't any police force. There wasn't any modern military. It was every little nation for themselves... against any other nation that was out to savagely attack them, rape, plunder, steal their land, etc.

David was throwing his life into God's hands. And, he was obeying God's law. The thing he set up for his son, Solomon, was a little dinky nation, that was, size for size, the most powerful nation that the world ever knew... possibly right up to the present.

It wasn't God's idea for Ancient Israel to go on the warpath, out of their land, to attack other nations far away. But if David had wanted, God probably would have allowed him to become a mightier conqueror than Genghis Khan could have imagined.

Cool
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1055
May 02, 2019, 11:50:57 PM

Just stop this 'free will' nonsense, aka. excuse why God fucked up his 'perfect' plan.

If the world is deterministic, you have no control over what you are going to do next.  Your thoughts are driven by all the cause and effects that created thoughts in your brain. The 'choices' your brain produces are the product of C&E your brain experienced before it produced the said 'choices'.  The very process of 'choosing the right option' is determined by your previous experiences and the state of your brain.

If the world is non-deterministic, there is some random process that you have no control over it.  The thoughts produced by your brain are the result of C&E and some random process over which you have no control.  By definition, the 'choices' your brain produces are not really yours but are determined by some random process inside or outside of your brain and the current state of your brain.
Our brains are complex automatons capable of creating illusions, including the 'free will' and "me" illusion.

Here is the solution to the problem I agree with. Trigger warning you are going to absolutely hate it.

The more powerful the consciousness the more spectacular the illusion

You are a moral relativitist because you do not kill gays for breakfast as the Bible recommends.

The best way to understand the Old Testament of the Bible is as a set of ideal rules for the primitive society it was given to a barbaric primitive corrupt illiterate tribe living in unimaginable squalor surrounded and vastly outnumbered by more powerful pagan cultures.

It should be viewed as the necessary rules for that society to survive and thrive in their utterly hostile environment.  When viewed from this frame of reference even the seemingly bizarre passages often fall into logical order as I discussed with Astargath immediately up thread.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.50785483

When trying to reconcile rules from those primitive times with today's much more complex and developed society the answer is fairly straightforward yet at the same time quite difficult. You shared it with us yourself.

Pages:
Jump to: