Author

Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion? - page 156. (Read 901343 times)

legendary
Activity: 3388
Merit: 3514
born once atheist
July 30, 2016, 11:24:55 AM
but heres a good George Carlin one that always pops up....

"Religion easily has the greatest bullshit story ever told. Think about it, religion has actually convinced people
that there's an INVISIBLE MAN...LIVING IN THE SKY...who watches every thing you do, every minute of every day.
And the invisible man has a list of ten special things that he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things,
he has a special place full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish where he will send to live and suffer and burn
and choke and scream and cry for ever and ever ´til the end of time...but he loves you."
legendary
Activity: 3388
Merit: 3514
born once atheist
July 30, 2016, 11:16:04 AM
Just a thought.

When the earth was barely created, there was darkness all around. So, If a person is completely blind, he is living in darkness. This begs the question. Is it the atheists who are blind? the theists? or all of us?

Maybe we are living in pre-creation times, when there was no light of the soul at all.

Cool

I'll go out on a limb here and say that brilliant pearl of wisdom won't be appearing in any
collection of religious quotes anytime soon....

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
July 27, 2016, 07:07:37 AM
Just a thought.

When the earth was barely created, there was darkness all around. So, If a person is completely blind, he is living in darkness. This begs the question. Is it the atheists who are blind? the theists? or all of us?

Maybe we are living in pre-creation times, when there was no light of the soul at all.

Cool
Activity: 621
Merit: 500
July 27, 2016, 03:14:52 AM
When people with strongly held beliefs hate; Atheists hate religious people for the very same reasons as religious people hate atheists.. each side thinks they have seen the light and that the other is living in ignorance. Atheists can see no point in living a life believing in something that doesn't exist and religious people see no point in living a life where something bigger than themselves doesn't exist.

Fierce People there are among the atheists and the believers. In the story, not a few examples of that. The Crusades, witch burning at the stake, the Holy Inquisition has created quite a few terrible deeds. As ardent atheists destroyed the church, they arrested Ikazń clergymen. True faith is never forced. Likewise, atheism is only a belief in themselves and not something terrible.
Activity: 621
July 27, 2016, 03:05:01 AM
Being Atheists doesn't mean they hate religion. I think the only reason why they became atheist was because they do not agree with the religion itself, but not HATING it. Some people may rather believe on themselves than believe in God (or other Gods). To believe on what they think is right and just. To settle for what they think is good for them and for the people around them.
You are right, but not quite. Many atheists, it is not interested in religion in general. They do not mind not over. They just do not want to burden themselves with the rules and what to drive themselves in a certain style. The more that representatives of different confessions, still have not found a common language with each other. So why, other people, they must piously believe in the word ?!
Activity: 700
July 27, 2016, 02:17:17 AM
When people with strongly held beliefs hate; Atheists hate religious people for the very same reasons as religious people hate atheists.. each side thinks they have seen the light and that the other is living in ignorance. Atheists can see no point in living a life believing in something that doesn't exist and religious people see no point in living a life where something bigger than themselves doesn't exist.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
July 26, 2016, 10:07:31 PM
Being Atheists doesn't mean they hate religion. I think the only reason why they became atheist was because they do not agree with the religion itself, but not HATING it. Some people may rather believe on themselves than believe in God (or other Gods). To believe on what they think is right and just. To settle for what they think is good for them and for the people around them.
Activity: 284
Merit: 250
July 26, 2016, 01:07:39 PM
The assumption is incorrect. Atheism is not defined as hatred for religion, but absence of belief in god.
Personally, my opinion is. Many religious fanatics. Have faith that absolutely can not be compared with that faith, which have some atheists. God is not on the icons in cathedrals, churches. The true God in the soul. If a person does not attend Mass service. He does not wear a cross. He does not know on izust prayers. All this does not mean that it does not not believe in anything. It can talk about that. That man, just know the true God.
Activity: 66
Merit: 1
July 26, 2016, 10:58:30 AM
The assumption is incorrect. Atheism is not defined as hatred for religion, but absence of belief in god.
Activity: 1694
Merit: 516
July 26, 2016, 04:34:25 AM
most atheists have a negative opinion of religion because of its oppressive nature and the harm that it causes to hold unfounded beliefs.

That is not true. It is more religious people having a negative opinion about different religions. Every religious person except maybe Buddhists view there own god as the real one and the other just fake...seems pretty ignorant to me.
Activity: 205
Merit: 10
July 26, 2016, 04:27:57 AM
most atheists have a negative opinion of religion because of its oppressive nature and the harm that it causes to hold unfounded beliefs.
legendary
July 26, 2016, 03:04:24 AM
I don't think atheists, in general, hate religion. It's just that they're looking at things quite differently, seeing beyond religious restrictions.

Yes. In my opinion are religious people the more ignorant ones compared to atheists. Just look at all these terror attacks lately, all done by religious people not by atheists.

The trouble is, the more an atheist becomes atheistic, the more he becomes religious about his atheism. It's the same with people of any other religion.

People are people. People are religious beings. Just because some people want to classify atheism outside of religion, doesn't stop it from being a religion. All they are doing is showing that atheism is essentially a religion of non-religion.

Cool

I think humans are spiritual beings by default, not religious. Religion is something almost the same as "law" or "government" - it is meant to be only highly beneficial for those who pull the levers behind the curtains and in effect steer the path of millions, who like sheep are led most often to the slaughterhouses and not to those so-called promised "green pastures", as are propagated as actual truth by the clergy of these institutions. This is sad but mostly true I believe.

The weak spirits that humans are wouldn't be able to do anything at all without bodies. And bodies need the universe to operate the way they do.

Religion is simply the theme that everyone lives by. Look it up in various dictionaries.

There are con artists all over, in everything. Why would anyone expect that there aren't any in religion? But many (most?) people are sincere in what they are doing, both in religion, and in everything else.

Cool
Activity: 441
Merit: 278
It's personal
July 26, 2016, 01:56:40 AM
I don't think atheists, in general, hate religion. It's just that they're looking at things quite differently, seeing beyond religious restrictions.

Yes. In my opinion are religious people the more ignorant ones compared to atheists. Just look at all these terror attacks lately, all done by religious people not by atheists.

The trouble is, the more an atheist becomes atheistic, the more he becomes religious about his atheism. It's the same with people of any other religion.

People are people. People are religious beings. Just because some people want to classify atheism outside of religion, doesn't stop it from being a religion. All they are doing is showing that atheism is essentially a religion of non-religion.

Cool

I think humans are spiritual beings by default, not religious. Religion is something almost the same as "law" or "government" - it is meant to be only highly beneficial for those who pull the levers behind the curtains and in effect steer the path of millions, who like sheep are led most often to the slaughterhouses and not to those so-called promised "green pastures", as are propagated as actual truth by the clergy of these institutions. This is sad but mostly true I believe.

Activity: 672
Merit: 508
LOTEO
July 25, 2016, 09:53:29 AM
I dont know why all world govrements dont want say that religions are fake and save us from drugs halucinations called religion.I even dont know why religion exist?Is that to give job to fat priests which are lazy?
Because government is benefiting with the oppression religion make to people, it makes people become ignorance so all things that government do can be do easily without the doubt of people.
All world governments are competitors, partners at best but do not have the same interests. Religion is illegal in some Asian countries.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
July 25, 2016, 09:52:12 AM
I dont know why all world govrements dont want say that religions are fake and save us from drugs halucinations called religion.I even dont know why religion exist?Is that to give job to fat priests which are lazy?
Because government is benefiting with the oppression religion make to people, it makes people become ignorance so all things that government do can be do easily without the doubt of people.
legendary
July 25, 2016, 08:57:56 AM

Cool
Activity: 1694
Merit: 516
July 25, 2016, 02:01:35 AM

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
July 25, 2016, 01:23:07 AM
legendary
July 24, 2016, 11:46:28 AM

The governments would like to do that very much. Then they could promote their governmental religion as the national religion. Actually, Great Britain did that with the Church of England.

Religion is a strong motivator. Look at how the Irish Catholics fight the English Protestants with very real fighting. Best idea is for government to allow the people religious freedom so that government isn't completely destroyed.

Cool
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
July 24, 2016, 11:27:31 AM
Jump to: