Author

Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion? - page 158. (Read 901343 times)

Activity: 441
Merit: 278
It's personal
July 21, 2016, 04:56:27 PM
Well I dont know exactly why Atheists hate religion but I think there are several reasons. The first reason is that they don't believe that Gods Exist. They believe that bible was made only by humans and created by another humans to fool another human but I may be wrong since this thing im saying is just my hypothesis. Lastly, They hate religion because they believe every miracle can be explained by science I think. Correct me if im wrong but I may be wrong.

What is known as "the bible" is in fact a compilation of various ancient literary genres written by different authors in different locations over and extended period of time. All of these authors were of middle eastern origin and shared cultural-religious beliefs and rituals (that varied itself over time as nothing stays the same).

The variation is not that huge though. If you look at middle eastern cultural-religious beliefs of the Islamist faction Boko Haram and what they are doing today (see for instance the Chibok schoolgirl kidnapping in Nigeria in 2014 for instance, where virgin schoolgirls between 16-18 were kidnapped and forced into so-called 'marriage' with the Boko Haram soldiers) then you will realize the continuoues congruency across all middle-eastern born religions, evidenced by the compilation of literary works. As a comparative example, look at this passage in Numbers 31:13-18, 31-35  and do the comparison to Islamist Boko Haram and you will discover how cultural-religious values are shared and transferred all over  the show from then till today:

13 Moses, Eleazar the priest and all the leaders of the community went to meet them outside the camp. 14 Moses was angry with the officers of the army—the commanders of thousands and commanders of hundreds—who returned from the battle.

15 “Have you allowed all the women to live?” he asked them. 16 “They were the ones who followed Balaam’s advice and enticed the Israelites to be unfaithful to the Lord in the Peor incident, so that a plague struck the Lord’s people. 17 Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18 but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

31 So Moses and Eleazar the priest did as the Lord commanded Moses.

32 The plunder remaining from the spoils that the soldiers took was 675,000 sheep, 33 72,000 cattle, 34 61,000 donkeys 35 and 32,000 women who had never slept with a man

Activity: 700
Merit: 500
July 21, 2016, 09:07:19 AM
Well I dont know exactly why Atheists hate religion but I think there are several reasons. The first reason is that they don't believe that Gods Exist. They believe that bible was made only by humans and created by another humans to fool another human but I may be wrong since this thing im saying is just my hypothesis. Lastly, They hate religion because they believe every miracle can be explained by science I think. Correct me if im wrong but I may be wrong.
I guess what you are saying is right !! They hate religion because they feel that the religion were created by humans to fool the society or in other words have control over them. There are many rules and things that don't add up and think that these are more of a tradition than religion.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
July 21, 2016, 08:50:05 AM
I think Atheists hate religion because some people use religion to gain an advantage over other people. Some head of the religion use the name of their "God" to earn like collecting money and they will say that they will use it for charity because that's the will of God but in reality they will keep it and use it personally. Some people also use religion to depend the crimes they commit by saying that "God" let them do it and that it is his will. By being an atheists, they are not bound to follow a "higher being" that will make them do this things.
That's one of the reason, their are way more reason why a atheist hate certain religion. They are not just oppressing people but they are also slowly making the world develop and progress.
Activity: 1694
Merit: 516
July 21, 2016, 08:16:05 AM
Hello all

I have never meet the atheist who hates any religion,
instead i meet a lot of religious guys who hates all or few other religions. So i think this thread title have wrong setup.

I fully agree with you. It is mostly religious people who are ignorant towars other religions. Just look at Islam...you are supposed to be killed as a men when leaving the religion (convert or become an atheists)...can't get more ignorant than that.
Activity: 882
Merit: 544
July 21, 2016, 07:35:33 AM
I dont know exactly why Atheists hate religion but I think there are several reasons. The first reason is that they don't believe that Gods Exist. They believe that bible was made only by humans and created by another humans to fool another human but I may be wrong since this thing im saying is just my hypothesis. Lastly, They hate religion because they believe every miracle can be explained by science I think. Correct me if im wrong but I may be wrong.
Activity: 644
Merit: 261
July 20, 2016, 03:12:17 PM
I think Atheists hate religion because some people use religion to gain an advantage over other people. Some head of the religion use the name of their "God" to earn like collecting money and they will say that they will use it for charity because that's the will of God but in reality they will keep it and use it personally. Some people also use religion to depend the crimes they commit by saying that "God" let them do it and that it is his will. By being an atheists, they are not bound to follow a "higher being" that will make them do this things.
Activity: 441
Merit: 278
It's personal
July 20, 2016, 02:32:13 PM

@Moloch, some divine logic god has going for him eh! lol. I like the point 4 most - lay low the rest of the time.  Cheesy

Activity: 798
Merit: 722
July 20, 2016, 01:16:03 PM
Activity: 154
July 20, 2016, 12:05:52 PM
Knowing what's wrong and what's bad fall under Philosophy. Where do you base your point of view that it is bad or wrong? That's why most theist put an argument saying "atheist are evil because they don't have morality, how can they base what's wrong and what's right?"

The difference is that atheists do good because they think it is the right thing to do. On the other hand, theists do good for fear of revenge and for their selfish interest.
That's why when we talk about morality, theist always read up their bible and condone that it is wrong to be homosexual, why it is bad?

But for atheist, it is not bad to do something as long as you don't harm or hurt anyone, that's the simplest form I can tell as an Atheist.

God set up the universe according to laws. People broke the basic of these laws - to love God above all things - and then started breaking many of the others as well.

When God sent His Son, Jesus, to die on the cross so that there could be salvation for people, was the death on the cross God's doing? or people's?

God is hurt in frustration pain (if nothing else) whenever people do wrong. Why? Because they are leading themselves away from faith in God and towards eternal damnation, the thing that Jesus went through a lot of pain, and even death, to save people from.

Cool
If jesus plan to die on the cross, was that god's plan? if yes then he clearly violated the free will he give on humans. It's like making an option when there's really no option to choose.

Jesus willingly did the plan of God... died on the cross to save mankind.

Certainly Jesus will receive great benefit from this sacrifice. But He did it freely and willingly, even though He didn't like the pain any more than you or I would.

Cool
Also isn't it stated on the bible that Jesus and God is the same?
John 10:30-33 - Jesus answered them, “I and My Father are one.” Then the Jews took up stones again to stone Him. Jesus answered them, “Many good works I have shown you from My Father. For which of those works do you stone Me?” The Jews answered Him, saying, “For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy, and because You, being a Man, make Yourself God.”

It really amuse me that all things I see on the bible is full of contradiction.

No contradictions. Only weakness in people. For example...

Do me a favor. Go out there and create a universe like the one we live in. And do it in 6 days like God did this one. Well, at least use your mind to levitate something to show us your great abilities.

And you think that you understand God enough to know that He is self-contradictory?  LOL!

Cool
I think he's telling that you're contradicting your bible with the argument you present

See this proof:
Certainly Jesus will receive great benefit from this sacrifice

You said Jesus will receive great benefit but on bible it is said that Jesus and God are one, in your argument you're implying that they weren't the same.

I agree with you about Jmild1.

What I was saying is that God is so extremely Great and "different" from us that we don't/can't understand how God can be One God, and yet have 3 parts (Father, Son, Holy Spirit), that are each entirely God on their own, and yet are 3 completely separate parts, and yet have only One God.

We can't/don't understand, just like we don't understand almost 100% of the universe.

Cool
Yeah, and I think your only diffirence with him is that you see it as a great power that you can't understand how it works but for Jmild1 as he is an atheist he see it as full of contradictions that will never be possible to exist in the law of Physics we currently have.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
July 20, 2016, 11:37:12 AM
Knowing what's wrong and what's bad fall under Philosophy. Where do you base your point of view that it is bad or wrong? That's why most theist put an argument saying "atheist are evil because they don't have morality, how can they base what's wrong and what's right?"

The difference is that atheists do good because they think it is the right thing to do. On the other hand, theists do good for fear of revenge and for their selfish interest.
That's why when we talk about morality, theist always read up their bible and condone that it is wrong to be homosexual, why it is bad?

But for atheist, it is not bad to do something as long as you don't harm or hurt anyone, that's the simplest form I can tell as an Atheist.

God set up the universe according to laws. People broke the basic of these laws - to love God above all things - and then started breaking many of the others as well.

When God sent His Son, Jesus, to die on the cross so that there could be salvation for people, was the death on the cross God's doing? or people's?

God is hurt in frustration pain (if nothing else) whenever people do wrong. Why? Because they are leading themselves away from faith in God and towards eternal damnation, the thing that Jesus went through a lot of pain, and even death, to save people from.

Cool
If jesus plan to die on the cross, was that god's plan? if yes then he clearly violated the free will he give on humans. It's like making an option when there's really no option to choose.

Certainly Jesus will receive great benefit from this sacrifice. But He did it freely and willingly, even though He didn't like the pain any more than you or I would.

Cool
John 10:30-33 - Jesus answered them, “I and My Father are one.” Then the Jews took up stones again to stone Him. Jesus answered them, “Many good works I have shown you from My Father. For which of those works do you stone Me?” The Jews answered Him, saying, “For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy, and because You, being a Man, make Yourself God.”

Do me a favor. Go out there and create a universe like the one we live in. And do it in 6 days like God did this one. Well, at least use your mind to levitate something to show us your great abilities.

And you think that you understand God enough to know that He is self-contradictory?  LOL!

Cool
I think he's telling that you're contradicting your bible with the argument you present

See this proof:

You said Jesus will receive great benefit but on bible it is said that Jesus and God are one, in your argument you're implying that they weren't the same.

I agree with you about Jmild1.

What I was saying is that God is so extremely Great and "different" from us that we don't/can't understand how God can be One God, and yet have 3 parts (Father, Son, Holy Spirit), that are each entirely God on their own, and yet are 3 completely separate parts, and yet have only One God.

We can't/don't understand, just like we don't understand almost 100% of the universe.

Cool
Activity: 154
July 20, 2016, 11:27:10 AM

Cool

Cool

Cool

See this proof:

legendary
July 20, 2016, 10:43:29 AM

Cool

Cool

Cool
Activity: 210
July 20, 2016, 10:33:49 AM

Cool

Cool

legendary
July 20, 2016, 10:25:20 AM

Cool

Cool
Activity: 210
July 20, 2016, 10:15:00 AM

Cool
legendary
July 20, 2016, 09:33:26 AM

Cool
legendary
July 20, 2016, 09:27:12 AM

Just because atheists think something is the right thing to do, doesn't mean it IS the right thing to do.

Honest humble theists do good with the idea of saving others from eternal death and damnation.

Cool
Activity: 182
July 20, 2016, 08:30:52 AM

Activity: 362
Merit: 250
July 20, 2016, 07:54:01 AM
Hello all

I have never meet the atheist who hates any religion,
instead i meet a lot of religious guys who hates all or few other religions. So i think this thread title have wrong setup.
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 1254
Thread-puller extraordinaire
July 20, 2016, 06:23:20 AM
Where do you base your point of view that it is bad or wrong? That's why most theist put an argument saying "atheist are evil because they don't have morality, how can they base what's wrong and what's right?"

Secular morality is based on the autonomy of consent. One cannot have a reasonable expectation of self-determination without accepting the right of others to same.

Example: You cannot harm another person while demanding that you not be harmed. You cannot have freedom while demanding that other people do not.

Informed consent is the basis for morality, in that you don't get to decide somebody's choice is 'wrong' if their decision does not impact your autonomy or anyone else's and is based on functional reasoning.

Jump to: