Author

Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion? - page 192. (Read 901343 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250
February 25, 2016, 07:42:04 AM
Actually, that is man's interpretation of the data. People forget (intentionally) that there is no way to take into account natural C-14 activity in the past, because nobody was there measuring the C-14 data as it happened. In addition, because of the carbon dating that has been proven to be false, the best that carbon dating might be is a better interpretation of things that we know the near date of through other methods.

In other words, carbon dating is all guesswork regarding the dates that are being interpreted from the results evidence.

It's not guess work! It's statistics! And that's why we do the experiments few dozens of times and we take into account a margin error! But you'd want us to be wrong about millions of years wrong? nonsense!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiocarbon_dating#Errors_and_reliability

Sounds quite reliable to me... the example they use to show the possibility of error using only 1 standard deviation, is still only off by like 5% at most... still super accurate

This was demonstrated in 1970 by an experiment run by the British Museum radiocarbon laboratory, in which weekly measurements were taken on the same sample for six months. The results varied widely (though consistently with a normal distribution of errors in the measurements), and included multiple date ranges (of 1σ confidence) that did not overlap with each other. The extreme measurements included one with a maximum age of under 4,400 years, and another with a minimum age of more than 4,500 years

Problem is not even accuracy!
No matter the accuracy, when you get ONLY results between 5 millions years old and 4 999 500 years old, it's hard to believe that the real result would be 3000...

BADecker thinks God put less Carbon-14 in older objects... just to trick us into thinking he doesn't exist... if that makes sense?
(makes no sense to me... why would God hide any/all evidence of creation?)

Mouhahahahaha xD

That's actually a good explanation!
But if Gods has nothing better to do he's really a douchebag xD

He's holding your life in His hands.    Cool

So what? If I come to your house and put a gun on your head I'm holding your life in my hands. Will it make me any different? Means I'm some kind of God to you?
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
February 25, 2016, 07:02:16 AM
organofcorti, what you're proposing is not easy. It's far easier to be a drone and repeat the same thing.
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
February 25, 2016, 06:50:47 AM
Actually, that is man's interpretation of the data. People forget (intentionally) that there is no way to take into account natural C-14 activity in the past, because nobody was there measuring the C-14 data as it happened. In addition, because of the carbon dating that has been proven to be false, the best that carbon dating might be is a better interpretation of things that we know the near date of through other methods.

In other words, carbon dating is all guesswork regarding the dates that are being interpreted from the results evidence.

Cool

It's not guess work! It's statistics! And that's why we do the experiments few dozens of times and we take into account a margin error! But you'd want us to be wrong about millions of years wrong? nonsense!

Statistically guesswork, when you look at how far of it is most of the time.    Cool

Do you have examples of statistical analysis that you don't think is guesswork? Or is all statistical analysis guesswork to you?

I checked my pockets, under the bed, in the garage, the attic, and all of a sudden I realized, it is all over the Internet for anybody who wants to research it.

Cool

Is all statistical analysis guesswork to you?

Are you such a child that you constantly have to ask me for my beliefs, my knowledge, and my opinions? Can't you figure anything out on your own?

Smiley

I'm attempting to get an answer from you. You post opinions masquerading as facts but when someone asks you a relevant question it's back to insults, eh?

Just answer the question: Do you have examples of statistical analysis that you don't think is guesswork?

Now there is a statement! Of course, there might be other reasons why you would ask me a question than because you are trying to get an answer from me.

I suspect that we all post opinions a times. And, like you, I probably dip over the line into opinion in some ways when I am stating facts. However, if I insult anybody intentionally, it's just that I am agreeing with their insults of themselves.

Is it going to bother you a lot if I don't answer your question in the way you want? Ask yourself the question, or go out and research it if you want.

Cool

So, you make lots of comments about carbon dating being inaccurate but you don't know enough about statistics to post even one simple type of analysis that you don't think is guesswork.

I don't think any of us should take anything you write seriously.

Well, you are right about the, "I don't think..." part, anyway.    Cool

That's because I allow for the fact I might be wrong. You should try it sometime -- you might learn something if you're not continually letting yourself be backed into attempting to explain ridiculous ideas with even more ridiculous ideas.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
February 25, 2016, 06:28:24 AM

Cool

Statistically guesswork, when you look at how far of it is most of the time.    Cool

Do you have examples of statistical analysis that you don't think is guesswork? Or is all statistical analysis guesswork to you?

I checked my pockets, under the bed, in the garage, the attic, and all of a sudden I realized, it is all over the Internet for anybody who wants to research it.

Cool

Are you such a child that you constantly have to ask me for my beliefs, my knowledge, and my opinions? Can't you figure anything out on your own?

Smiley

I'm attempting to get an answer from you. You post opinions masquerading as facts but when someone asks you a relevant question it's back to insults, eh?

Just answer the question: Do you have examples of statistical analysis that you don't think is guesswork?

Now there is a statement! Of course, there might be other reasons why you would ask me a question than because you are trying to get an answer from me.

I suspect that we all post opinions a times. And, like you, I probably dip over the line into opinion in some ways when I am stating facts. However, if I insult anybody intentionally, it's just that I am agreeing with their insults of themselves.

Is it going to bother you a lot if I don't answer your question in the way you want? Ask yourself the question, or go out and research it if you want.

Cool

So, you make lots of comments about carbon dating being inaccurate but you don't know enough about statistics to post even one simple type of analysis that you don't think is guesswork.

Well, you are right about the, "I don't think..." part, anyway.    Cool
legendary
February 25, 2016, 06:26:36 AM

Sounds quite reliable to me... the example they use to show the possibility of error using only 1 standard deviation, is still only off by like 5% at most... still super accurate

This was demonstrated in 1970 by an experiment run by the British Museum radiocarbon laboratory, in which weekly measurements were taken on the same sample for six months. The results varied widely (though consistently with a normal distribution of errors in the measurements), and included multiple date ranges (of 1σ confidence) that did not overlap with each other. The extreme measurements included one with a maximum age of under 4,400 years, and another with a minimum age of more than 4,500 years

No matter the accuracy, when you get ONLY results between 5 millions years old and 4 999 500 years old, it's hard to believe that the real result would be 3000...

BADecker thinks God put less Carbon-14 in older objects... just to trick us into thinking he doesn't exist... if that makes sense?

Takes someone who doesn't even consider that God might exist, especially in the face of all the cause and effect we see, without anything other than cause and effect being known, to ask why God would do things, when he wouldn't understand the answer if it walked right up and scratched him in the eyeball.

Are you just here to troll and be a douche?

Really poor representative of Christianity

Of course I have considered whether or not God exists... I spent 30 fucking years researching the subject!  How about you ya little shit?

Yes, I am just here to act like I'm 12, and makes all Christians look stupid

That's what I thought

Did you actually thought that BD might be an atheist in disguise coming here to discredit religious freaks? Cause that works!

He's not an atheist. He is not coming to discredit atheists (religious freaks). He is coming to show them how they are wrong to be atheists, except if they really want eternal damnation.

Cool
legendary
February 25, 2016, 06:24:30 AM

Mouhahahahaha xD

He's holding your life in His hands.    Cool
donator
Poor impulse control.
February 25, 2016, 06:23:57 AM

Cool

Cool

Smiley

Cool

legendary
February 25, 2016, 06:22:28 AM

Cool

Cool

Smiley

We try to understand how flawed your reasonning is. And believe me it's hard to understand how dumb you can be.

You're actually saying that it's not because the same experiment made 1500 times give the same result that this result is correct?

Well, thank you for showing us how dumb you can be by stating your inability to understand how dumb I can be.

Did I really say that about some experiment made 1500 times? I don't see, above, where I said anything about 1500.

Cool
legendary
February 25, 2016, 06:18:10 AM

Cool

Cool

Smiley

Cool
Activity: 476
Merit: 252
February 25, 2016, 06:14:05 AM

Takes someone who doesn't even consider that God might exist, especially in the face of all the cause and effect we see, without anything other than cause and effect being known, to ask why God would do things, when he wouldn't understand the answer if it walked right up and scratched him in the eyeball.

Of course I have considered whether or not God exists... I spent 30 fucking years researching the subject!  How about you ya little shit?

That's what I thought

Did you actually thought that BD might be an atheist in disguise coming here to discredit religious freaks? Cause that works!
Activity: 476
Merit: 252
February 25, 2016, 06:13:16 AM

Mouhahahahaha xD

Activity: 826
Merit: 500
Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!
February 25, 2016, 05:26:43 AM

Cool

Cool

Smiley

We try to understand how flawed your reasonning is. And believe me it's hard to understand how dumb you can be.

You're actually saying that it's not because the same experiment made 1500 times give the same result that this result is correct?
donator
Poor impulse control.
February 25, 2016, 05:14:06 AM

Cool

Cool

Smiley

legendary
February 25, 2016, 04:44:29 AM

Cool

Cool

Smiley
donator
Poor impulse control.
February 24, 2016, 10:33:46 PM

Cool

Cool

legendary
February 24, 2016, 09:13:19 PM

That's what I thought

I was wondering how long it would take one of you jokers to get around to that. What are you going to do now? Edit it back?   LOL

Cool
Activity: 798
Merit: 722
February 24, 2016, 09:09:29 PM

That's what I thought
legendary
February 24, 2016, 09:08:22 PM

That's the exact point. I'm simply going along with your self-analysis.

When I agree with you, you call me a poor Christian, douche troll, and if I don't agree with you, you call me the same.

Now you admit that you are of low enough IQ that 30 years wasn't enough. What are you going to call me now that I point THIS out to you?

Cool
Activity: 798
Merit: 722
February 24, 2016, 09:04:54 PM

Of course I have considered whether or not God exists... I wasted 30 fucking years researching the subject!  How about you ya little shit?
legendary
February 24, 2016, 09:02:25 PM

Cool

Cool
Jump to: