Author

Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion? - page 191. (Read 901343 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 292
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
February 25, 2016, 11:38:30 PM

It is God who gave man music and instruments in first place to worship him. All music therefore originates from God. it is not man invention by the way.

Moloch destiny is fire and brimstone. So don't follow a looser, it is not profitable at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7EZONzP4iE

So God created man to worship Him? How much praise does one need?

That part never made any sense to me...

If I was a God, I might be interested in companionship... ya know, another dude to tell my stories... but worship?  from a bunch of ants?  why?

Must be something in the water during bronze age.

He created his Son who is him, sent him to Earth to die on the cross so that he can forgive sins of ants.  He had to die himself to forgive sins of some schmucks on 3rd rock from the Sun.  Hey, God,  you could have just forgave the sins.  Why bother with all the theatrical dying on the cross.  

You created the fucking universe, you could not forgive the sins of some insignificant bronze age schmucks?

The guy who first wrote this story was tripping on Meth.

You'd think God would be smart enough to send Jesus during the 20th century... so we could record that shit on video...

I'd seriously consider any physical evidence for Jesus being historical... even a sandal with Jesus' name written on it from the year 20 CE... maybe a chair or table?  Wasn't Jesus a carpenter?  What did he make?  Why is there zero evidence that Jesus ever existed?

It was on purpose. Because you don't need proof. You need Faith. Proof would destroy Faith. Which is a big NO NO.

What's the difference between faith and delusion?

Is there one?
Activity: 798
Merit: 722
February 25, 2016, 11:37:30 PM

It is God who gave man music and instruments in first place to worship him. All music therefore originates from God. it is not man invention by the way.

Moloch destiny is fire and brimstone. So don't follow a looser, it is not profitable at all.

If I was a God, I might be interested in companionship... ya know, another dude to tell my stories... but worship?  from a bunch of ants?  why?

He created his Son who is him, sent him to Earth to die on the cross so that he can forgive sins of ants.  He had to die himself to forgive sins of some schmucks on 3rd rock from the Sun.  Hey, God,  you could have just forgave the sins.  Why bother with all the theatrical dying on the cross.  

You created the fucking universe, you could not forgive the sins of some insignificant bronze age schmucks?

You'd think God would be smart enough to send Jesus during the 20th century... so we could record that shit on video...

I'd seriously consider any physical evidence for Jesus being historical... even a sandal with Jesus' name written on it from the year 20 CE... maybe a chair or table?  Wasn't Jesus a carpenter?  What did he make?  Why is there zero evidence that Jesus ever existed?

It was on purpose. Because you don't need proof. You need Faith. Proof would destroy Faith. Which is a big NO NO.

What's the difference between faith and delusion?
Activity: 308
Merit: 292
February 25, 2016, 11:36:17 PM

I'd seriously consider any physical evidence for Jesus being historical... even a sandal with Jesus' name written on it from the year 20 CE... maybe a chair or table?  Wasn't Jesus a carpenter?  What did he make?  Why is there zero evidence that Jesus ever existed?

February 25, 2016, 11:26:12 PM

I'd seriously consider any physical evidence for Jesus being historical... even a sandal with Jesus' name written on it from the year 20 CE... maybe a chair or table?  Wasn't Jesus a carpenter?  What did he make?  Why is there zero evidence that Jesus ever existed?
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1468
February 25, 2016, 10:38:34 PM

If I was a God, I might be interested in companionship... ya know, another dude to tell my stories... but worship?  from a bunch of ants?  why?

He created his Son who is him, sent him to Earth to die on the cross so that he can forgive sins of ants.  He had to die himself to forgive sins of some schmucks on 3rd rock from the Sun.  Hey, God,  you could have just forgave the sins.  Why bother with all the theatrical dying on the cross. 

February 25, 2016, 09:13:24 PM

If I was a God, I might be interested in companionship... ya know, another dude to tell my stories... but worship?  from a bunch of ants?  why?
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
February 25, 2016, 08:15:55 PM

donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
February 25, 2016, 08:10:15 PM

It is God who gave man music and instruments in first place to worship him.

You say this thing, but I don't hear any proof. Can you prove this assertion?
February 25, 2016, 07:58:53 PM

At least I can spell loser...
Activity: 978
Merit: 506
February 25, 2016, 06:38:13 PM

February 25, 2016, 05:56:57 PM
First to the spirit realm then obviously to you aka m_l_ch or whatever fan you are of.

Where is your sense of eternity, let me post a song for you:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VM_rQmF8Q-M

Christian metal... now that's amusing... is there anything Christians won't try these days?

Allen Ginsberg - Moloch (from Howl movie)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nonab6djMAA

They broke their backs lifting Moloch to heaven...
February 25, 2016, 05:52:32 PM
Grin
First to the spirit realm then obviously to you aka m_l_ch or whatever fan you are of.

Where is your sense of eternity, let me post a song for you:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VM_rQmF8Q-M&list=RDwkScq3OveAw&index=10

February 25, 2016, 05:38:15 PM
BTW, do you know what is the future destiny of a person you have in your nickname?  Roll Eyes

February 25, 2016, 05:26:05 PM
Let me tell you The Truth:

Jesus, the LORD and KING not only that HE exist, He rose from the dead 2000 years ago that you may have life and yet you are now rejecting that? Think.

Why rejecting the Lord of all things, the beginning and the end. Where is your profit in that. There is none.

And yes, i have heard of non biblical accounts. He that has a power over death can also raise from the dead.

BTW, do you know what is the future destiny of a person you have in your nickname?  Roll Eyes

February 25, 2016, 05:09:22 PM
Does it have to be mentioned again that there is no measurable evidence for religion/God?

yes , there is no god no heaven no saving by jesus.. we are in the real world not in a delusional heaven..

Ok, and yet you ask of community to provide one for you. So what do you want to hear.

Now let me tell you what I want to hear:

Give me PROOF and EVIDENCE that atheism(which you are so eagerly preaching) is ACCURATE and CORRECT. Just ONE proof and i will be the first one to became a true atheist.

Atheism is not a religion, or a claim... it is a rejection of your claim that God exists

Christians made a claim... "God exists, and he is just like is says in this book here"... Atheists read the book, and dispute this claim for lack of foundation/evidence

It's as simple as, "We don't believe you"... what is there to prove?

I did not ask you to define atheism, I know what atheism is. Give me only one proof and evidence that will prove it 100% accurate and correct.

Let me help you.
Actually the quickest way to destroy my faith in God would be to show a naturalistic mechanism for resurrection of the dead.  Then Christ's resurrection, which is the center of our faith, would be nothing special at all.
Of course people can't pop out of graves randomly.  But God can raise people from the dead easily enough. But even that he has no obligation to do that. Your time here is measured, your days are numbered, remember that.

Nobody ever resurrected from the dead... not even Jesus... in fact, Jesus never existed at all

Have you ever heard of a non-biblical account of anyone rising from the dead?  One that is verifiable, not some silly voodoo story?  Dead people stay dead... sorry
February 25, 2016, 05:02:06 PM
Does it have to be mentioned again that there is no measurable evidence for religion/God?

yes , there is no god no heaven no saving by jesus.. we are in the real world not in a delusional heaven..

Ok, and yet you ask of community to provide one for you. So what do you want to hear.

Now let me tell you what I want to hear:

Give me PROOF and EVIDENCE that atheism(which you are so eagerly preaching) is ACCURATE and CORRECT. Just ONE proof and i will be the first one to became a true atheist.

Atheism is not a religion, or a claim... it is a rejection of your claim that God exists

Christians made a claim... "God exists, and he is just like is says in this book here"... Atheists read the book, and dispute this claim for lack of foundation/evidence

It's as simple as, "We don't believe you"... what is there to prove?

I did not ask you to define atheism, I know what atheism is. Give me only one proof and evidence that will prove it 100% accurate and correct.

Let me help you.
Actually the quickest way to destroy my faith in God would be to show a naturalistic mechanism for resurrection of the dead.  Then Christ's resurrection, which is the center of our faith, would be nothing special at all.
Of course people can't pop out of graves randomly.  But God can raise people from the dead easily enough. But even that he has no obligation to do that. Your time here is measured, your days are numbered, remember that.

legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1468
February 25, 2016, 04:34:18 PM
Actually, that is man's interpretation of the data. People forget (intentionally) that there is no way to take into account natural C-14 activity in the past, because nobody was there measuring the C-14 data as it happened. In addition, because of the carbon dating that has been proven to be false, the best that carbon dating might be is a better interpretation of things that we know the near date of through other methods.

In other words, carbon dating is all guesswork regarding the dates that are being interpreted from the results evidence.

Cool

It's not guess work! It's statistics! And that's why we do the experiments few dozens of times and we take into account a margin error! But you'd want us to be wrong about millions of years wrong? nonsense!

Statistically guesswork, when you look at how far of it is most of the time.    Cool

Do you have examples of statistical analysis that you don't think is guesswork? Or is all statistical analysis guesswork to you?

I checked my pockets, under the bed, in the garage, the attic, and all of a sudden I realized, it is all over the Internet for anybody who wants to research it.

Cool

Is all statistical analysis guesswork to you?

Are you such a child that you constantly have to ask me for my beliefs, my knowledge, and my opinions? Can't you figure anything out on your own?

Smiley

We try to understand how flawed your reasonning is. And believe me it's hard to understand how dumb you can be.

You're actually saying that it's not because the same experiment made 1500 times give the same result that this result is correct?

Well, thank you for showing us how dumb you can be by stating your inability to understand how dumb I can be.

Did I really say that about some experiment made 1500 times? I don't see, above, where I said anything about 1500.

Cool

You said carbon datation was not correct. Carbon datation has been made not 1500, but hundreds of thousands of times. And you're saying all those experiments are wrong.

Wrong? I don't know that "wrong" is a good word for this. Rather, inconclusive. Why? For at least two strong reasons:
1. There have been plenty of times that C-dating has given conflicting results, as reported on right in this thread;
2. Nobody knows what C-14 content was like in the past, beyond what we can date through other methods.

In other words, if we have used a "pottery" dating system to show that something is, say, 4,000 years old, we can examine the object for C-14, and determine what the C-14 results are for that object. The flaw in the C-14 dating system is to think that everything in the world follows that exact, same pattern, and that anything before that 4,000 years follows the C-14 pattern of that 4,000-y-o item at all. We don't know for sure. Good guesses, maybe. But entirely inconclusive. The point is, we don't know at all how old the earth is from C-14. Other evidence suggests that the earth is less than 10,000 years old. The best written record, the Bible, suggests that the earth is well under 10,000 years old.

Cool

Well, that is it.  Nobel Prize committee will contact you soon.

I guess we can stop all science and technology research, since Bible tells us everything we need to know  Wink Wink

Is this what you really want?  Create Bible Madrasa schools, study only from Bible, the true word of God?  
Muslims already tried it, look at the results.  Do you honestly think that if they used the Bible the results would be any different?

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
February 25, 2016, 12:54:18 PM
Actually, that is man's interpretation of the data. People forget (intentionally) that there is no way to take into account natural C-14 activity in the past, because nobody was there measuring the C-14 data as it happened. In addition, because of the carbon dating that has been proven to be false, the best that carbon dating might be is a better interpretation of things that we know the near date of through other methods.

In other words, carbon dating is all guesswork regarding the dates that are being interpreted from the results evidence.

Cool

It's not guess work! It's statistics! And that's why we do the experiments few dozens of times and we take into account a margin error! But you'd want us to be wrong about millions of years wrong? nonsense!

Statistically guesswork, when you look at how far of it is most of the time.    Cool

Do you have examples of statistical analysis that you don't think is guesswork? Or is all statistical analysis guesswork to you?

I checked my pockets, under the bed, in the garage, the attic, and all of a sudden I realized, it is all over the Internet for anybody who wants to research it.

Cool

Are you such a child that you constantly have to ask me for my beliefs, my knowledge, and my opinions? Can't you figure anything out on your own?

Smiley

We try to understand how flawed your reasonning is. And believe me it's hard to understand how dumb you can be.

You're actually saying that it's not because the same experiment made 1500 times give the same result that this result is correct?

Well, thank you for showing us how dumb you can be by stating your inability to understand how dumb I can be.

Did I really say that about some experiment made 1500 times? I don't see, above, where I said anything about 1500.

Cool

You said carbon datation was not correct. Carbon datation has been made not 1500, but hundreds of thousands of times. And you're saying all those experiments are wrong.

Wrong? I don't know that "wrong" is a good word for this. Rather, inconclusive. Why? For at least two strong reasons:
1. There have been plenty of times that C-dating has given conflicting results, as reported on right in this thread;
2. Nobody knows what C-14 content was like in the past, beyond what we can date through other methods.

In other words, if we have used a "pottery" dating system to show that something is, say, 4,000 years old, we can examine the object for C-14, and determine what the C-14 results are for that object. The flaw in the C-14 dating system is to think that everything in the world follows that exact, same pattern, and that anything before that 4,000 years follows the C-14 pattern of that 4,000-y-o item at all. We don't know for sure. Good guesses, maybe. But entirely inconclusive. The point is, we don't know at all how old the earth is from C-14. Other evidence suggests that the earth is less than 10,000 years old. The best written record, the Bible, suggests that the earth is well under 10,000 years old.

Cool
Activity: 448
February 25, 2016, 07:44:46 AM

That's because I allow for the fact I might be wrong. You should try it sometime -- you might learn something if you're not continually letting yourself be backed into attempting to explain ridiculous ideas with even more ridiculous ideas.

Problem is not even that he's sure of himself and his ideas...

I don't care that people are sure of how they think! Problem is there is NOTHING to back his reasoning, and when we try to make him define his arguments he just avoids the question...
Activity: 448
February 25, 2016, 07:43:01 AM

Cool

Statistically guesswork, when you look at how far of it is most of the time.    Cool

Cool

Smiley

Cool

Jump to: