Author

Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion? - page 190. (Read 901343 times)

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
February 29, 2016, 10:07:47 AM
Mathematicians love math. It is their baby. You have to expect that mathematicians want their baby to exist in reality. But, math is all virtual, no matter what anyone says. Math is only a language that mankind uses to relate to the universe in certain ways.

A black hole can't exist according to the math of it. Why not? At the core of a black hole there exists a point that is supposed to contain an extreme amount of material, which causes an extreme amount of gravity. Among the definitions of "point" are:
1. something that has position but not extension, as the intersection of two lines.
2. a place of which the position alone is considered; spot:
3. In geometry, a location having no dimension — no length, height, or width — and identified by at least one coordinate.

Since a point has no dimension, it is nothing. There is no material in nothing. With no material, there can be no gravity. A black hole is a fictional "thing" that is abstractly presented in the minds of mathematicians, but does not exist in reality.

The anomaly in space that we call a black hole is something entirely different than the mathematical black hole of the cosmologists and the mathematicians.

Cool

Ouch. This stupidity hurts me.

You're wrong of course. Here the word "point" is used with a non mathematical definition. It's an expression to describe a truly tiny part of space. It's like when you say "oh, this ship is really far, it's barely a point on the horizon".

"Point" to you might be only a very tiny spot. But "point" in black hole theory means infinitely tiny, which also means, no size. No size means that it does not exist.

Cool
legendary
February 29, 2016, 10:04:27 AM
Must be something in the water during bronze age.

He created his Son who is him, sent him to Earth to die on the cross so that he can forgive sins of ants.  He had to die himself to forgive sins of some schmucks on 3rd rock from the Sun.  Hey, God,  you could have just forgave the sins.  Why bother with all the theatrical dying on the cross. 

You created the fucking universe, you could not forgive the sins of some insignificant bronze age schmucks?

The guy who first wrote this story was tripping on Meth.

Can't forgive the sins of gods that won't accept forgiveness.    Cool

I got to say I rather agree with af_newbie. Why can't God forgive the people he created for being dumb. He's still responsible for it isn't he?

What is so hard to understand? Look at this example.

A guy borrows $10,000 from the bank. Later he goes to the bank and tells them he can't repay. The bank forgives the debt entirely, and writes it off their records. Still later, the guy comes in with a payment on the loan. The debt has been forgiven entirely, what is the bank supposed to do? Reinstate the loan somehow?

God forgives the debt through Jesus entirely. But the people won't accept it. They don't even want to understand that God exists when they are shown scientific proof. What is God supposed to do? Use force to make the people believe in Him? Use force to make them stop paying on a debt that is too big for them to pay off anyway?

So, you jokers have a little time in this life where forgiveness has sort of been forced on you. How do you know? You are alive, aren't you? But your life and forgiveness in it exist so that God can find out if you want to accept it. If you don't want to accept, well, ultimately just go out and die. What else is there?

Cool
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251
February 29, 2016, 09:34:09 AM

He created his Son who is him, sent him to Earth to die on the cross so that he can forgive sins of ants.  He had to die himself to forgive sins of some schmucks on 3rd rock from the Sun.  Hey, God,  you could have just forgave the sins.  Why bother with all the theatrical dying on the cross. 

You created the fucking universe, you could not forgive the sins of some insignificant bronze age schmucks?

I got to say I rather agree with af_newbie. Why can't God forgive the people he created for being dumb. He's still responsible for it isn't he?
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1468
February 29, 2016, 09:09:59 AM

It is God who gave man music and instruments in first place to worship him. All music therefore originates from God. it is not man invention by the way.

Moloch destiny is fire and brimstone. So don't follow a looser, it is not profitable at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7EZONzP4iE

So God created man to worship Him? How much praise does one need?

That part never made any sense to me...

If I was a God, I might be interested in companionship... ya know, another dude to tell my stories... but worship?  from a bunch of ants?  why?

Say whaat? Seriously BSDecker, "Who is your daddy and what does he do?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP2xnAMQ3HM
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251
February 29, 2016, 09:00:39 AM
Mathematicians love math. It is their baby. You have to expect that mathematicians want their baby to exist in reality. But, math is all virtual, no matter what anyone says. Math is only a language that mankind uses to relate to the universe in certain ways.

A black hole can't exist according to the math of it. Why not? At the core of a black hole there exists a point that is supposed to contain an extreme amount of material, which causes an extreme amount of gravity. Among the definitions of "point" are:
1. something that has position but not extension, as the intersection of two lines.
3. In geometry, a location having no dimension — no length, height, or width — and identified by at least one coordinate.

Since a point has no dimension, it is nothing. There is no material in nothing. With no material, there can be no gravity. A black hole is a fictional "thing" that is abstractly presented in the minds of mathematicians, but does not exist in reality.

The anomaly in space that we call a black hole is something entirely different than the mathematical black hole of the cosmologists and the mathematicians.

Cool

Ouch. This stupidity hurts me.

You're wrong of course. Here the word "point" is used with a non mathematical definition. It's an expression to describe a truly tiny part of space. It's like when you say "oh, this ship is really far, it's barely a point on the horizon".
legendary
February 29, 2016, 08:35:09 AM

It is God who gave man music and instruments in first place to worship him. All music therefore originates from God. it is not man invention by the way.

Moloch destiny is fire and brimstone. So don't follow a looser, it is not profitable at all.

If I was a God, I might be interested in companionship... ya know, another dude to tell my stories... but worship?  from a bunch of ants?  why?

legendary
February 29, 2016, 08:30:33 AM

Nope. BADecker isn't a guru on cause and effect. BADecker simply knows that Newton's 3rd Law substantiates cause and effect in everything.

God exists, and the science He created proves it.

Cool

Nope BSEcker can't even look at a definition like entropy, completely misunderstand the meaning of those very precise words and use the laws (that apply only to the CORRECT definition) like it was normal.

It's like if I says 2+2=4 we all agree. Well now if I say that 2 is the same as 3, it means that 3+2=4. Why can't you see the truth? 3+2=4 it's obvious you just refuse it!

He does actually attempt to prove that 1 + 1 != 2 earlier on in this thread. Entertaining in it's way, and I'm sure he'll pull out the old "maths is not perfect" chestnut again if you ask him nicely.

Math is not perfect? xD
Didn't read that! I hope he'll go again with such an argument!!!

Math is perfect. However, it is virtual. Virtual doesn't fit reality perfectly. The reason that math works for the average person is, the person automatically applies virtual math to reality in ways that make up for the differences between the two. But when you get into complex math, the person can't connect the complex virtual with reality as easily. Math is gradually shown in complex math that it doesn't apply to reality.

Cool

"Math is gradually shown in complex math that it doesn't apply to reality."

Wrong. Totally wrong. It appears more clearly every time you post that you never studied science. Every mathematician will explain you how and why math applies to reality. Whatever the level of complexity.

Cool
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!
February 29, 2016, 06:09:18 AM

Nope. BADecker isn't a guru on cause and effect. BADecker simply knows that Newton's 3rd Law substantiates cause and effect in everything.

Cool

Nope BSEcker can't even look at a definition like entropy, completely misunderstand the meaning of those very precise words and use the laws (that apply only to the CORRECT definition) like it was normal.

It's like if I says 2+2=4 we all agree. Well now if I say that 2 is the same as 3, it means that 3+2=4. Why can't you see the truth? 3+2=4 it's obvious you just refuse it!

He does actually attempt to prove that 1 + 1 != 2 earlier on in this thread. Entertaining in it's way, and I'm sure he'll pull out the old "maths is not perfect" chestnut again if you ask him nicely.

Math is not perfect? xD

Math is perfect. However, it is virtual. Virtual doesn't fit reality perfectly. The reason that math works for the average person is, the person automatically applies virtual math to reality in ways that make up for the differences between the two. But when you get into complex math, the person can't connect the complex virtual with reality as easily. Math is gradually shown in complex math that it doesn't apply to reality.

Cool

"Math is gradually shown in complex math that it doesn't apply to reality."

Wrong. Totally wrong. It appears more clearly every time you post that you never studied science. Every mathematician will explain you how and why math applies to reality. Whatever the level of complexity.
February 29, 2016, 06:06:36 AM

It is God who gave man music and instruments in first place to worship him.

You say this thing, but I don't hear any proof. Can you prove this assertion?

That god created music? Well as long as I know he never made a tube so...
legendary
February 26, 2016, 11:35:45 PM

Cool

Math is not perfect? xD

Cool

I guess your paycheck and the way it's calculated it's also virtual, no?

No. But I see that you don't really understand.

The paycheck is a translation of math into reality by those who calculate the paycheck. The paycheck doesn't have any math on/in it. It is made up of paper and ink.

If people want to check out the calculations, they convert the math symbols represented by the ink on the paper into the virtual reality of math... in their minds. If they use other paper and ink, or adding machine, or computer, to help them with their calculations, they are constantly jumping back and forth between virtual and reality as they make the calculations with the use of these other "media," and in their minds.

Cool
Activity: 308
Merit: 292
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
February 26, 2016, 08:53:30 PM

Cool

Math is not perfect? xD

Cool

I guess your paycheck and the way it's calculated it's also virtual, no?
legendary
February 26, 2016, 04:35:23 PM

Cool

Math is not perfect? xD

Cool
Activity: 840
Merit: 529
February 26, 2016, 08:38:52 AM

Cool

Math is not perfect? xD
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
February 26, 2016, 07:57:20 AM

Cool

February 26, 2016, 06:02:34 AM

Cool

February 26, 2016, 05:59:37 AM

You said carbon datation was not correct. Carbon datation has been made not 1500, but hundreds of thousands of times. And you're saying all those experiments are wrong.

Wrong? I don't know that "wrong" is a good word for this. Rather, inconclusive. Why? For at least two strong reasons:
1. There have been plenty of times that C-dating has given conflicting results, as reported on right in this thread;
2. Nobody knows what C-14 content was like in the past, beyond what we can date through other methods.

In other words, if we have used a "pottery" dating system to show that something is, say, 4,000 years old, we can examine the object for C-14, and determine what the C-14 results are for that object. The flaw in the C-14 dating system is to think that everything in the world follows that exact, same pattern, and that anything before that 4,000 years follows the C-14 pattern of that 4,000-y-o item at all. We don't know for sure. Good guesses, maybe. But entirely inconclusive. The point is, we don't know at all how old the earth is from C-14. Other evidence suggests that the earth is less than 10,000 years old. The best written record, the Bible, suggests that the earth is well under 10,000 years old.

Cool

Please, help me, I'm dying of BD stupidity ><

I don't even know what to say. You're actually suggesting that the whole radioactivity mechanism changed without any reason like 3 000 years ago? Cause that's the only way C-14 could be so wrong!
legendary
February 26, 2016, 05:16:01 AM

If I was a God, I might be interested in companionship... ya know, another dude to tell my stories... but worship?  from a bunch of ants?  why?

He created his Son who is him, sent him to Earth to die on the cross so that he can forgive sins of ants.  He had to die himself to forgive sins of some schmucks on 3rd rock from the Sun.  Hey, God,  you could have just forgave the sins.  Why bother with all the theatrical dying on the cross.  

You'd think God would be smart enough to send Jesus during the 20th century... so we could record that shit on video...

I'd seriously consider any physical evidence for Jesus being historical... even a sandal with Jesus' name written on it from the year 20 CE... maybe a chair or table?  Wasn't Jesus a carpenter?  What did he make?  Why is there zero evidence that Jesus ever existed?

It was on purpose. Because you don't need proof. You need Faith. Proof would destroy Faith. Which is a big NO NO.

What's the difference between faith and delusion?

cause and effect.  But check with BSDecker, he is a guru on causes and effects.

Cool
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1468
February 25, 2016, 11:42:09 PM

If I was a God, I might be interested in companionship... ya know, another dude to tell my stories... but worship?  from a bunch of ants?  why?

He created his Son who is him, sent him to Earth to die on the cross so that he can forgive sins of ants.  He had to die himself to forgive sins of some schmucks on 3rd rock from the Sun.  Hey, God,  you could have just forgave the sins.  Why bother with all the theatrical dying on the cross.  

You'd think God would be smart enough to send Jesus during the 20th century... so we could record that shit on video...

I'd seriously consider any physical evidence for Jesus being historical... even a sandal with Jesus' name written on it from the year 20 CE... maybe a chair or table?  Wasn't Jesus a carpenter?  What did he make?  Why is there zero evidence that Jesus ever existed?

It was on purpose. Because you don't need proof. You need Faith. Proof would destroy Faith. Which is a big NO NO.

cause and effect.  But check with BSDecker, he is a guru on causes and effects.
Activity: 308
Merit: 292
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
February 25, 2016, 11:41:29 PM

Is there one?

I asked you first  Tongue

Well, the problem is that I'm not sure I care anymore. If they want to convince themselves about certain ideas from a book, then go right ahead. I'll keep my objective, rational mind, and use it as I see fit.
Activity: 798
Merit: 722
February 25, 2016, 11:39:15 PM

Is there one?

I asked you first  Tongue
Jump to: