Author

Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion? - page 198. (Read 901343 times)

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
February 19, 2016, 01:53:38 PM

That's why we need Heaven, so everybody will be using the same language, and the same "dictionary," and we won't have any atheists blabbering on and on in their stupidity.

Yeah, because God exists and talks to us... sure... you believe that too?  Can you show me any evidence of that?

These poor girls look like they are about to cry...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hm_NNLZiusg

God has proven time and time again... that if he exists at all... he doesn't give a single fuck about this planet

Well, since you have your mind so closed to God, how do you think you could hear him if He shouted? I hope when He slaps you up side of the head to wake you up, that He restrains His hand, so that you don't die before you have a final chance. But, maybe you are lost way more than I think.

I'll take that as a no

Atheism doesn't matter, so there isn't any reason to care how you take anything.

How very Christian of you...

What would Jesus do?

He would offer atheists salvation, and when they didn't accept, shake the dust off His feet. In other words, let them go off an suicide themselves.

Cool
Activity: 798
Merit: 722
February 19, 2016, 01:50:14 PM

That's why we need Heaven, so everybody will be using the same language, and the same "dictionary," and we won't have any atheists blabbering on and on in their stupidity.

Yeah, because God exists and talks to us... sure... you believe that too?  Can you show me any evidence of that?

God has proven time and time again... that if he exists at all... he doesn't give a single fuck about this planet

Well, since you have your mind so closed to God, how do you think you could hear him if He shouted? I hope when He slaps you up side of the head to wake you up, that He restrains His hand, so that you don't die before you have a final chance. But, maybe you are lost way more than I think.

I'll take that as a no

Atheism doesn't matter, so there isn't any reason to care how you take anything.

How very Christian of you...

What would Jesus do?
legendary
February 19, 2016, 01:48:11 PM

I'll take that as a no

Cool
legendary
February 19, 2016, 01:46:13 PM

And since Atheism is a religion according to the dictionary definition, religion has been in the schools for ages, now.

You do not get to choose which of the several definitions you prefer... that's not how definitions of words work...
Words have different definitions depending on the context in which the word is used (6th time I've explained this to you)

Atheism is not a religion... Atheism is not taught in schools... please provide an example of exactly what you are referring to

Choosing definitions? The definition of "religion," as I have shown in past posts, shows that atheism IS a religion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion
Though the religiously unaffliated, including atheism and agnosticism...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irreligion
When characterized as the rejection of religious belief, it encompasses atheism, agnosticism, religious dissidence, and secular humanism. When characterized as the absence of religious belief, it may also include "spiritual but not religious", pandeism, ignosticism, nontheism, pantheism, panentheism, and freethought. When characterized as indifference to religion, it is known as apatheism.

As I said, anybody can place himself into a position where he can contribute to Wikipedia. That's why all those jokers who ignore dictionary definitions post there.

The only joker is the Christian who refuses to accept the same definition that EVERYONE ELSE ON THE PLANET USES

Yeah. And I have shown you over and over that it is the choice of mankind to reject God's helping hand that is keeping the world in pain and poverty. You atheists are the perfect example of it.

Cool
February 19, 2016, 01:46:02 PM

I'll take that as a no
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1468
February 19, 2016, 01:44:52 PM

Currently our educational systems seem to be effectively teaching a great deal of Gaia worship green bullshit so, in my opinion, teaching religion is already happening.  My solution would be to get rid of the classroom since nobody can use it without pushing their own agenda.

Your solution is... since you can't teach religion in school... get rid of schools?!?

Um...since you can't help but teach religion in school...

Like I say, a focus on the 'Three R's would be of value.  The first R is 'reading'...

It's easy to avoid teaching religion in school... simply, don't teach anything that is not true... easy

You teach whatever the fuck you are told to teach under the common core system or you are unemployed, and a variety of metrics are collected to enforce that.  If 'science' says the earth is going to die unless we pay carbon taxes to the U.N., that's what you teach.  If 'science' says that people purple penguins are often born into the wrong sex and can choose their gender and get their junk hacked off if they don't feel comfortable with it, that's what you teach.

BTW, you keep somehow converting my 'classroom' to your 'school'.  As I said, I don't in principle have anything against collective support of basic education, and I've never complained about the fairly significant amount of taxes I pay to make it happen.

Do you even know what Bible teaches?
legendary
February 19, 2016, 01:43:44 PM

And since Atheism is a religion according to the dictionary definition, religion has been in the schools for ages, now.

You do not get to choose which of the several definitions you prefer... that's not how definitions of words work...
Words have different definitions depending on the context in which the word is used (6th time I've explained this to you)

Atheism is not a religion... Atheism is not taught in schools... please provide an example of exactly what you are referring to

Choosing definitions? The definition of "religion," as I have shown in past posts, shows that atheism IS a religion.

When characterized as the rejection of religious belief, it encompasses atheism, agnosticism, religious dissidence, and secular humanism. When characterized as the absence of religious belief, it may also include "spiritual but not religious", pandeism, ignosticism, nontheism, pantheism, panentheism, and freethought. When characterized as indifference to religion, it is known as apatheism.

As I said, anybody can place himself into a position where he can contribute to Wikipedia. That's why all those jokers who ignore dictionary definitions post there.

The only joker is the Christian who refuses to accept the same definition that EVERYONE ELSE ON THE PLANET USES

Cool
legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276
February 19, 2016, 01:41:55 PM

Currently our educational systems seem to be effectively teaching a great deal of Gaia worship green bullshit so, in my opinion, teaching religion is already happening.  My solution would be to get rid of the classroom since nobody can use it without pushing their own agenda.

Your solution is... since you can't teach religion in school... get rid of schools?!?

Like I say, a focus on the 'Three R's would be of value.  The first R is 'reading'...

It's easy to avoid teaching religion in school... simply, don't teach anything that is not true... easy

You teach whatever the fuck you are told to teach under the common core system or you are unemployed, and a variety of metrics are collected to enforce that.  If 'science' says the earth is going to die unless we pay carbon taxes to the U.N., that's what you teach.  If 'science' says that people purple penguins are often born into the wrong sex and can choose their gender and get their junk hacked off if they don't feel comfortable with it, that's what you teach.

BTW, you keep somehow converting my 'classroom' to your 'school'.  As I said, I don't in principle have anything against collective support of basic education, and I've never complained about the fairly significant amount of taxes I pay to make it happen.

legendary
February 19, 2016, 01:41:12 PM
(ignorance is bliss)

I have already explained this to you 18 times... I'm getting tired of this circular logic that you love so much

I'm sorry you cannot accept the definition that the rest of the planet uses... if you cannot conform to consensus reality... then you are the person who is incorrect

Yeah. I can't understand, either, why you keep on blabbering your nonsense and lack of proof to back it up. But, that's what politicians often do.

Cool
February 19, 2016, 01:40:30 PM

legendary
February 19, 2016, 01:39:05 PM

Cool
February 19, 2016, 01:37:48 PM
(ignorance is bliss)

I have already explained this to you 18 times... I'm getting tired of this circular logic that you love so much

I'm sorry you cannot accept the definition that the rest of the planet uses... if you cannot conform to consensus reality... then you are the person who is incorrect, not everyone else on the planet... that's not how it works...
legendary
February 19, 2016, 01:36:39 PM

No, no, no. Don't throw out scientific theory. Simply teach it as it is, something that should not be believed to be true, until it is proven to be true.

For the 18th time, scientific theory is fact, and gets taught in school... because it has been shown to be a true and accurate representation of reality
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_theory

Except that it hasn't been scientifically proven to be fact. If it had, it would be law, not theory. Science theory that is accepted as fact is religion.

Cool
February 19, 2016, 01:35:55 PM

legendary
February 19, 2016, 01:34:49 PM

Cool
February 19, 2016, 01:33:50 PM

No, no, no. Don't throw out scientific theory. Simply teach it as it is, something that should not be believed to be true, until it is proven to be true.

For the 18th time, scientific theory is fact, and gets taught in school... because it has been shown to be a true and accurate representation of reality
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_theory
legendary
February 19, 2016, 01:33:15 PM

Naw, fuck that... its time to stop being polite... religion is fucking bullshit... it is NOT SCIENCE and RELIGION SHOULD NEVER BE TAUGHT IN A SCIENCE CLASSROOM... NEVER!... PERIOD. FULL-STOP!

If you disagree, it is your right... but know that it makes you a fucking moron when you say people should teach religion in a science classroom... it makes us all look like morons because we are associated with you... go fuck yourself, and quit making me look foolish in front of the entire world!

A centrally controlled educational system simply wants to pump out workplace ready robots and are increasingly good at it.  To the extent that it is failing here in the West, it is because there is no more 'workplace' so the shift is to pump out lemmings who will throw themselves over the cliff when the time is right.

NO! NO! NO!

The solution is... only teach provable facts in public schools... if you can't prove it, don't teach it!

As always, you can attend a private school and be brainwashed any direction you like... but don't try that bullshit in public schools!

Now you want religion in the schools? since science has proven God to exist? Make up your mind... (like in the same breath).

Cool

Can you point me to a Scientific American issue that presents a scientific proof of God existence?  I must have missed it.

Thanks buddy.

You stay away from me, especially with all this buddy stuff.

Cool

Is that a threat?

I guess I'm not really sure. But I wasn't going to stick around and find out.

Cool
legendary
February 19, 2016, 01:32:19 PM

Cool
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1468
February 19, 2016, 01:31:31 PM

Naw, fuck that... its time to stop being polite... religion is fucking bullshit... it is NOT SCIENCE and RELIGION SHOULD NEVER BE TAUGHT IN A SCIENCE CLASSROOM... NEVER!... PERIOD. FULL-STOP!

If you disagree, it is your right... but know that it makes you a fucking moron when you say people should teach religion in a science classroom... it makes us all look like morons because we are associated with you... go fuck yourself, and quit making me look foolish in front of the entire world!

A centrally controlled educational system simply wants to pump out workplace ready robots and are increasingly good at it.  To the extent that it is failing here in the West, it is because there is no more 'workplace' so the shift is to pump out lemmings who will throw themselves over the cliff when the time is right.

NO! NO! NO!

The solution is... only teach provable facts in public schools... if you can't prove it, don't teach it!

As always, you can attend a private school and be brainwashed any direction you like... but don't try that bullshit in public schools!

Now you want religion in the schools? since science has proven God to exist? Make up your mind... (like in the same breath).

Cool

Can you point me to a Scientific American issue that presents a scientific proof of God existence?  I must have missed it.

Thanks buddy.

You stay away from me, especially with all this buddy stuff.

Cool

Is that a threat?
February 19, 2016, 01:30:08 PM

Jump to: