Author

Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion? - page 201. (Read 901343 times)

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
February 18, 2016, 05:04:51 AM
I know it's hard to think for yourself. Believe me. It's a daily struggle. But that doesn't mean that you have to let a book and some people turn you into a mindless drone. Be religious. It's your right. We don't have to. It's our right.
To be fair it's not just the book.
Most of them get brainwashed by priests and all the stuff around religion. You know the huge American messes and things like that...

Come on. Christians can think a whole lot better than atheists.    Cool
Activity: 476
Merit: 252
February 18, 2016, 04:10:45 AM
I know it's hard to think for yourself. Believe me. It's a daily struggle. But that doesn't mean that you have to let a book and some people turn you into a mindless drone. Be religious. It's your right. We don't have to. It's our right.
To be fair it's not just the book.
Most of them get brainwashed by priests and all the stuff around religion. You know the huge American messes and things like that...
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
February 18, 2016, 03:51:34 AM
I call people who believe in a god "religionists". It's a fair enough term, although I could have just used the term "theist" instead, I suppose.

I would say the term "religionists" perpetuates a narrow view in regards to belief. It would mean that every god is tied to a religion and that religion cannot exist without god, and god cannot exist without religion. This of course is not the case.

It's not? You follow BADecker's view that religions can exist without belief in the supernatural?

Dictionary view.    Cool
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
February 18, 2016, 03:47:58 AM
I call people who believe in a god "religionists". It's a fair enough term, although I could have just used the term "theist" instead, I suppose.

I would say the term "religionists" perpetuates a narrow view in regards to belief. It would mean that every god is tied to a religion and that religion cannot exist without god, and god cannot exist without religion. This of course is not the case.

It's not? You follow BADecker's view that religions can exist without belief in the supernatural?
Activity: 994
Merit: 500
February 17, 2016, 09:23:58 PM

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
February 17, 2016, 09:11:16 PM
Activity: 826
Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!
February 17, 2016, 06:57:52 PM
well atheists donot believe in religion...wic is why they hate religion!

Non sequitur. Not believing in something doesn't mean you hate it. Well, for rational people, anyway.

I don't believe in UFOs. I don't hate them.
I don't believe in the Easter bunny. I don't hate it.
I don't believe in Destiny. I don't hate it.

You get the idea - you can think up other examples yourself.

Yeah and we don't believe in God, but we believe in religion (hard to not believe in it as it's rather obvious religions exist) and I hate it ^^
Activity: 476
Merit: 252
February 17, 2016, 07:00:21 AM

By ignoring the quality of something, you are easily ignoring whether or not it is valid.

Cool

That is not true: a thing can be valid in a system and not in another.

The quality of a thing doesn't screw up the validity of the same thing.

Validity is absolute in a system, quality is relative in that system.

Although we are humans.

Best regards.

Someone has hijacked BitNow's account.

That's really sad.

Best regards.  Cheesy

Lol!
Don't think it's true though, it's just that it's not his usual posting habits.
Activity: 350
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
February 17, 2016, 06:29:27 AM

By ignoring the quality of something, you are easily ignoring whether or not it is valid.

Cool

Although we are humans.

Best regards.

That's really sad.

Best regards.  Cheesy
February 17, 2016, 06:20:13 AM

Cool

Although we are humans.

Best regards.

Yeah take care he said something vaguely coherent and intelligent xD
February 17, 2016, 06:19:16 AM

I prefer sheeple, or sometimes religitard, depending on their level of ineptitude

For example... I would consider BitNow sheeple, but BADecker a religitard... do you see the subtlety?

I guess there is something funny behind that but I don't have enough English knowledge to understand it ^^
donator
Poor impulse control.
February 17, 2016, 02:10:51 AM

Non sequitur. Not believing in something doesn't mean you hate it. Well, for rational people, anyway.

I don't believe in UFOs. I don't hate them.
I don't believe in the Easter bunny. I don't hate it.
I don't believe in Destiny. I don't hate it.

You get the idea - you can think up other examples yourself.

Activity: 798
Merit: 722
February 17, 2016, 02:10:32 AM

I bet you don't believe in unicorns...

1) Does that mean you hate unicorns?

2) Do you hate people who do believe in unicorns, or do you think they are silly?
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
February 17, 2016, 01:53:26 AM
Activity: 798
Merit: 722
February 17, 2016, 01:39:43 AM
Hate is an emotion and atheists hate because they are unable to control their emotions  Smiley

uhhhh no. Don't generalize people like that, it's stupid. I control my emotions quite well. I've never started a fight, never yell or any other outburst of negative emotions, so your statement is false. Also, as much as I've seen in my life, religious people tend to outburst just like that when you mention something about their religion.
That reminds me, I've had a pass time game where I'd go to some muslim website with live support and I'd try to annoy them, troll them if you will, until they start writing incorrect grammar and in all caps. Once I've did it in one "word", if you will, and it was"9/11?". He disconnected immediately.  Cheesy

That is what people do when they are backed into a corner...

When people have no evidence for what they believe, and you challenge them on their unfounded beliefs... they get angry and blow up a building...

(hopefully we don't read about BADecker in the news)
Activity: 1022
Merit: 564
Need some spare btc for a new PC
February 17, 2016, 01:27:29 AM
Hate is an emotion and atheists hate because they are unable to control their emotions  Smiley

uhhhh no. Don't generalize people like that, it's stupid. I control my emotions quite well. I've never started a fight, never yell or any other outburst of negative emotions, so your statement is false. Also, as much as I've seen in my life, religious people tend to outburst just like that when you mention something about their religion.
That reminds me, I've had a pass time game whre I'd go to some muslim website with live support and I'd try to annoy them, troll them if you will, until they start writing incorrect grammar and in all caps. Once I've did it in one "word", if you will, and it was"9/11?". He disconnected immediately.  Cheesy
Activity: 1022
Merit: 564
Need some spare btc for a new PC
February 17, 2016, 01:21:47 AM

I prefer sheeple, or sometimes religitard, depending on their level of ineptitude

For example... I would consider BitNow sheeple, but BADecker a religitard... do you see the subtlety?

ahaha yes, BADecker looks like a very delusional guy, but that's him, he can think what he wants and suites him still delusional to me. But his persistency is rather amusing. Cheesy
Activity: 406
February 16, 2016, 09:39:11 PM

donator
Poor impulse control.
February 16, 2016, 09:35:47 PM
Hate is an emotion and atheists hate because they are unable to control their emotions

I only hate stupidity and ignorant assertions of fact... like this for example

However, this does not mean I hate you as a person... I feel sad for you

I see more examples of "religionists hate because they are unable to control their emotions" than of atheists doing the same.

You call Moloch a "religionists"?

Best regards.

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1003
February 16, 2016, 09:27:46 PM
Hate is an emotion and atheists hate because they are unable to control their emotions

I only hate stupidity and ignorant assertions of fact... like this for example

However, this does not mean I hate you as a person... I feel sad for you

I see more examples of "religionists hate because they are unable to control their emotions" than of atheists doing the same.

You call Moloch a "religionists"?

Best regards.
Jump to: