Author

Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion? - page 202. (Read 901343 times)

donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
February 16, 2016, 08:35:56 PM
Hate is an emotion and atheists hate because they are unable to control their emotions

I only hate stupidity and ignorant assertions of fact... like this for example

However, this does not mean I hate you as a person... I feel sad for you

I see more examples of "religionists hate because they are unable to control their emotions" than of atheists doing the same.

Activity: 798
Merit: 722
February 16, 2016, 08:18:16 PM
Hate is an emotion and atheists hate because they are unable to control their emotions

I only hate stupidity and ignorant assertions of fact... like this for example

However, this does not mean I hate you as a person... I feel sad for you
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
February 16, 2016, 07:48:48 PM
Hate is an emotion and atheists hate because they are unable to control their emotions  Smiley
donator
Poor impulse control.
February 16, 2016, 06:51:53 PM

By ignoring the quality of something, you are easily ignoring whether or not it is valid.

Cool

That is not true: a thing can be valid in a system and not in another.

The quality of a thing doesn't screw up the validity of the same thing.

Validity is absolute in a system, quality is relative in that system.

Although we are humans.

Best regards.

Someone has hijacked BitNow's account.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1003
February 16, 2016, 06:13:16 PM

By ignoring the quality of something, you are easily ignoring whether or not it is valid.

Cool

That is not true: a thing can be valid in a system and not in another.

The quality of a thing doesn't screw up the validity of the same thing.

Validity is absolute in a system, quality is relative in that system.

Although we are humans.

Best regards.
donator
Poor impulse control.
February 16, 2016, 05:59:43 PM
Since nobody has been able to show the flaws in the so-called crap I say, my so-called crap is less crap than things that are opposite of it.

Cool

This is another example of wooly thinking. The validity of a statement is not contingent on its opposite. For example, two statements can both be invalid and opposing.

Validity or invalidity, the point was the difference in quality.    Cool

Perhaps you didn't really mean this? By denying the importance of validity you deny the importance of truth.

Cool

Not really. "Quality" can mean anything. Means whatever you want it to really. It's just your subjective opinion. I would hope your concept of truth was more objective than that.

When you say that theory necessarily shows fact, you are essentially saying that "validity" can mean anything as well.

Cool

If you don't accept the meaning of the word "validity", I'll restate:

"The truth of a statement is not contingent on its opposite"

February 16, 2016, 05:43:53 PM
When you say that theory necessarily shows fact, you are essentially saying that "validity" can mean anything as well.

How do you define fact?

I define fact as a piece of information that conforms to consensus reality

I haven't really thought about where to draw the line with regards to consensus, but I'd say if 99% of informed people believe something, it is a fact (like evolution for example)
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
February 16, 2016, 05:40:14 PM
Since nobody has been able to show the flaws in the so-called crap I say, my so-called crap is less crap than things that are opposite of it.

Cool

This is another example of wooly thinking. The validity of a statement is not contingent on its opposite. For example, two statements can both be invalid and opposing.

Perhaps you didn't really mean this? By denying the importance of validity you deny the importance of truth.

Cool

Not really. "Quality" can mean anything. Means whatever you want it to really. It's just your subjective opinion. I would hope your concept of truth was more objective than that.

Cool
donator
Poor impulse control.
February 16, 2016, 05:34:01 PM

Cool

Cool

legendary
February 16, 2016, 05:23:10 PM

Cool

Cool
donator
Poor impulse control.
February 16, 2016, 05:13:47 PM

Cool

legendary
February 16, 2016, 05:08:03 PM

Cool

donator
Poor impulse control.
February 16, 2016, 04:47:08 PM

Cool

Activity: 308
Merit: 292
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
February 16, 2016, 04:44:37 PM
Hey, valta4065! It seems you hate yourself. How do you feel about that?  Grin
legendary
February 16, 2016, 04:43:41 PM
You know, even though it would be a waste of time, I'd like to meet you, Moloch, afnewbie and others that have contributed, meet in real life and discuss. I know Moloch said you were trolling but you're either the biggest troll ever [or] you really believe all the crap you say.
Either way - it would be interesting.

1) He's both... I'm fairly sure he actually believes the stuff he says... he thinks science is a giant conspiracy against religion (basically the opposite of reality... he fell for the propaganda/pseudoscience)... I'm guessing he was home schooled because his thought process is too outside the box for even a private religious school upbringing... I spent 7-9th grades in a private Christian school myself, and never once did anyone state that science proves God, or anything of that sort... nobody believes that shit but BADecker

B) I've shown every claim you have made is pure propaganda and pseudoscience... mostly shown that you don't even understand the words you use... like theory and law and hypothesis... you conflate the ideas into your own definition, which contradicts the definition science has assigned those words... You have never even made a scientific-looking claim... Just a bunch of hocus pocus = God exists... meaningless drivel without supporting evidence... its just your opinion (at best), which is not an acceptable form of evidence when it comes to science... sorry, that's the facts

Actually, in all your talk, you haven't shown much of anything. You have said that you have shown things many times more than you have shown things.

Smiley
legendary
February 16, 2016, 04:41:59 PM
Atheists hate religion because it makes them feel stupid. Like discussing the theory of the match: how do you strike it, why does it make light? why does it make smoke? and most importantly: where does the smoke go?!

To me religion is an old relic. The religious ideas insult my intelligence.

I'm offended by the nonsense being presented as truth.

I don't hate religious people, I feel sorry for them.  They are wasting their lives.

I'd not say I hate religion or religious people in general.  Just like I would not hate a schizophrenic claiming to be a Napoleon.

Religion is just too funny and interesting to observe.  

What I hate is when the force their religious dogma on others, especially on children.  Now, that is just child abuse.

Oh me I hate religious people, the problem being they have the same right as me though they're obviously much more stupid.

There you go, hating yourself, since you are religious in many ways.

Cool
February 16, 2016, 03:32:03 PM
Atheists hate religion because it makes them feel stupid. Like discussing the theory of the match: how do you strike it, why does it make light? why does it make smoke? and most importantly: where does the smoke go?!

I don't hate religious people, I feel sorry for them.  They are wasting their lives.

I'd not say I hate religion or religious people in general.  Just like I would not hate a schizophrenic claiming to be a Napoleon.

What I hate is when they force their religious dogma on others, especially on children.  Now, that is just child abuse.

Sometimes it goes beyond child abuse, and enters the realm of premeditated murder:
Faith-Healing Leads To Dead Kids
Idaho Kids Are Dying From 'Faith Healing'
Idaho Republicans Defend 'Faith-Healing' Parents Who Watch Kids Die
February 16, 2016, 03:16:44 PM
You know, even though it would be a waste of time, I'd like to meet you, Moloch, afnewbie and others that have contributed, meet in real life and discuss. I know Moloch said you were trolling but you're either the biggest troll ever [or] you really believe all the crap you say.
Either way - it would be interesting.

1) He's both... I'm fairly sure he actually believes the stuff he says... he thinks science is a giant conspiracy against religion (basically the opposite of reality... he fell for the propaganda/pseudoscience)... I'm guessing he was home schooled because his thought process is too outside the box for even a private religious school upbringing... I spent 7-9th grades in a private Christian school myself, and never once did anyone state that science proves God, or anything of that sort... nobody believes that shit but BADecker

B) I've shown every claim you have made is pure propaganda and pseudoscience... mostly shown that you don't even understand the words you use... like theory and law and hypothesis... you conflate the ideas into your own definition, which contradicts the definition science has assigned those words... You have never even made a scientific-looking claim... Just a bunch of hocus pocus = God exists... meaningless drivel without supporting evidence... its just your opinion (at best), which is not an acceptable form of evidence when it comes to science... sorry, that's the facts
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
February 16, 2016, 02:48:15 PM
The original idea, at the time it was thought was good. But now we have other laws, that are adapted to the modern times we live in. That work - for now.
The same way there are some broader ideas in religion that are still applicable: be good, don't kill people and so on.
But I don't think everything in the Bible is right. Not everything should be taken literally. Read and think. Not just read.
The Bible is a series of books written by more people. How come no one has written nothing in the last 500 years for example? And if someone did would you believe that person? Or you would think he/she should be offered a jacket with very long sleeves?
You have a brain. Use it. Question everything.
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!
February 16, 2016, 02:16:04 PM

What I hate is when the force their religious dogma on others, especially on children.  Now, that is just child abuse.

Oh me I hate religious people, the problem being they have the same right as me though they're obviously much more stupid.
Jump to: