Author

Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion? - page 222. (Read 901342 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
February 04, 2016, 04:37:21 PM

Let me tell you something, as a theology major, that is: theology is nonsense. And I can and am allowed to say that because mine is an informed opinion. I'm not just talking out of my ass. And after 5 years my opinion (doesn't have to be yours too) is that it's just a bunch of hooey. How easy it is to make nonsense up, make people believe it, and then live out of people's ignorance. It's genius!

Perhaps if you had been a spiritual major, all that theology would have made some sense to you. Too bad. All that training, and what good did it do you. Essentially none... at least in the ways that are worth anything of eternal value.

Go study science with a focus on finding out how cause and effect, complex universe, and universal entropy combine to prove the existence of God. Then go back and review your theological training. You just might come to understand that even you can be saved for eternal life in pleasure and joy.

Smiley

Yeah - it took me 5 years of studying theology to finally understand that it's all nonsense. That's my opinion, please respect it, I'll respect your and that's it. Don't force your ideas upon others. Go be with Jesus.

In Hell you will be saying for eternity, "Please God, let that guy force faith in you on me."

Smiley

If God is so powerful and full of mercy and love He will forgive me, because I'm small and limited and He is all powerful. If not then He is spiteful and keeps spite like a small child.

He is trying to forgive you. But you will receive none of it.

The retarded black person over in Africa, who never learned to read or write, and who is not saved because he worships the idol his family taught him to worship, will be punished less in Hell than you, a theology major, who intentionally rejected God after you found out all about Him.

Smiley

Now that's one of the most racist thing I've read in some time.
You mean to say that black people are retarded?
Or that he will go to Hell because he can't or did not learn to read?
Or because his parents taught him something and not about your God that he will go to Hell even if he hasn't never heard about God?
Dude... That's wrong on so many levels, i don't even know what to say...
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
February 04, 2016, 04:35:13 PM

God will never be one and the same with allah (God in Arabic). This is because God has 3 distinct, separate persons making up one God. This is not at all like allah. (We are wrong to capitalize the word "allah." "Allah" simply means "god." Since it is a false god, it should not be capitalized.)

Judaism would be the same as Christianity if the Jews basically did not reject that Jesus is God. At one time they had not rejected the Messiah. But now they have by rejecting Jesus. With that rejection, they have made their god to be a god of two persons rather than the three that the Christians have.

One God, three separate, distinct persons. Difficult to understand.

Smiley

Too easy to talk like that.

Did you ever fight your father?!?

Best regards.

Perhaps, sometime, you should learn how to express yourself so that other people can understand what you are talking about. Just a thought.

Smiley
legendary
February 04, 2016, 04:32:30 PM

Let me tell you something, as a theology major, that is: theology is nonsense. And I can and am allowed to say that because mine is an informed opinion. I'm not just talking out of my ass. And after 5 years my opinion (doesn't have to be yours too) is that it's just a bunch of hooey. How easy it is to make nonsense up, make people believe it, and then live out of people's ignorance. It's genius!

Perhaps if you had been a spiritual major, all that theology would have made some sense to you. Too bad. All that training, and what good did it do you. Essentially none... at least in the ways that are worth anything of eternal value.

Go study science with a focus on finding out how cause and effect, complex universe, and universal entropy combine to prove the existence of God. Then go back and review your theological training. You just might come to understand that even you can be saved for eternal life in pleasure and joy.

Smiley

Yeah - it took me 5 years of studying theology to finally understand that it's all nonsense. That's my opinion, please respect it, I'll respect your and that's it. Don't force your ideas upon others. Go be with Jesus.

In Hell you will be saying for eternity, "Please God, let that guy force faith in you on me."

Smiley

If God is so powerful and full of mercy and love He will forgive me, because I'm small and limited and He is all powerful. If not then He is spiteful and keeps spite like a small child.

He is trying to forgive you. But you will receive none of it.

The retarded black person over in Africa, who never learned to read or write, and who is not saved because he worships the idol his family taught him to worship, will be punished less in Hell than you, a theology major, who intentionally rejected God after you found out all about Him.

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1003
February 04, 2016, 04:29:21 PM

Logic is not logic? That seems logical. At least in your church. I mean God can make anything possible, right?

I never said the word logic once!

Logic is about philosophy not Faith.

Are you talking with yourself?

Best regards.
legendary
February 04, 2016, 04:28:46 PM

The validity comes about because of the fact that it exists as it does??
What does that even mean?
Something is because something is? The fact that the Harry Potter exists (it is written) doesn't mean the accounts in it are true.
And tradition and word of mouth are not proof.

I quote that.

Can we agree on the God of the Old Testament: is the God of the Old Testament the same of all 3 monotheistic religions (Christianity, Judaism, Islam)?

Best regards.

As a philosophical experiment I will agree that theoretically all religions worship the same God using different names for it.

That's true deep down inside themselves. That's why Jesus says wording to the effect of, "Unless you repent and become like little children, you will not enter into the Kingdom of Heaven."

After people become adults, and start formulating what they think God is like, if their formulation doesn't match the truth, they have formed a false god for themselves.

This is why the Bible says, "Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God." Fill yourself on the Bible, so that you have an accurate picture of God in your mind, so that you are worshiping the true God.

Smiley
February 04, 2016, 04:28:39 PM
"You mean to say that if 2000 years from now someone will discover a copy of The Lord Of the Rings, they'll have proof that Elves existed?
We now have fragments of something someone sometime wrote. So what? "

this is also my view on it haha

Oh, no! Someone agrees with me! You should attack him before there will be more people that agree with me. Maybe we'll start some kind of logical sect of something.
Atheists of the world unite!  The Sect of the Logical Mind awaits. Donations not required.
legendary
February 04, 2016, 04:26:48 PM

From what I see the user BitNow did differentiate one God from another, so? Is it one or is it two?

It is a cave full of snakes.

Best regards.
legendary
February 04, 2016, 04:25:56 PM

I'm sure Jesus is alive in heaven but He's not here on earth. And we, here, on earth, deal in real, objective, palpable things.

Can we at least agree on the God of the Old Testament before coming to the one in the New Testament?

Best regards.

So there are two different Gods? Well well - things get interesting.

And to top it off, you throw in silliness?   Smiley

Wise words.

Best regards.
February 04, 2016, 04:25:23 PM

I'm sure Jesus is alive in heaven but He's not here on earth. And we, here, on earth, deal in real, objective, palpable things.

Can we at least agree on the God of the Old Testament before coming to the one in the New Testament?

Best regards.

From what I see the user BitNow did differentiate one God from another, so? Is it one or is it two?
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092
~Full-Time Minter since 2016~
February 04, 2016, 04:25:15 PM
"You mean to say that if 2000 years from now someone will discover a copy of The Lord Of the Rings, they'll have proof that Elves existed?
We now have fragments of something someone sometime wrote. So what? "

this is also my view on it haha
legendary
February 04, 2016, 04:23:42 PM

Best regards.

legendary
February 04, 2016, 04:22:19 PM
Much of the New Testament is eye-witness reports about Jesus and the things He did. In addition, while it is not scientific proof, the Holy Spirit has enlightened the hearts of Christians through faith that Jesus not only existed, not only is the Messiah, but also lives in Heaven right now as the almighty God with the Father and Holy spirit.

Have you read that little header above each of the gospels?

When were they written, according to your own bible? (many bibles give dates)

The earliest (Mark) is supposedly written 40 years after "Jesus" died, the latter ones as late as 140AD, over 100 years after Jesus died... now add 20 years since they were not children when they met Jesus...

Given the average lifespan was around 30 years at the time, I find it hard to believe that these 60-140 year old men wrote accurate accounts of what happened 40-100 years earlier...

How well do you remember events from 40+ years ago?

Assuming that the headers accurately mean what you say that they do, with God nothing is impossible. The Holy spirit can bring all memory alive in those that He wants to.

Smiley

This is the sh*t I've heard all of my life: when you give logical, irrefutable proof to a religious nut, the only argument they have is: anything is possible with God. And that's it.

How would you really know? You haven't examined the scientific proof for God that I gave. It would only be a story for you until you went out and proved it for yourself. What in the world is your purpose in this forum?

Smiley
February 04, 2016, 04:21:08 PM

The idea of cause and effect suggests that there is no free will. But how can one talk to a materialistic scientist who doesn't believe in spirit and soul, but only believes in bio-mechanical operations of mind?

Because Science comes from Wisdom which comes from fearing the Lord.

Best regards.

As usual, we have to fear the Lord. That's not right - ruling through fear. That's the rule of the jungle. The most powerful rules. There was no need for laws and free will. Fear always works best.

Fearing God is wisdom. After all, He has the ability to do anything to you He wants. Be glad He is patient and merciful with you.

Smiley

I am glad He is patient and merciful with me. But I think He has to choose: fear or love. What does he want? There seems to be some kind of contradiction here.
February 04, 2016, 04:19:57 PM
It seems that logic hurts sometimes. Sorry for hurting you. It'll pass. The Lord will help you.

Are you an atheist?

If you are an atheist, yours is not logic: you are just trying to cover your sin with something else, may be as well the Chupacabra.

That is not fun.

Best regards.

Logic is not logic? That seems logical. At least in your church. I mean God can make anything possible, right?
legendary
February 04, 2016, 04:19:21 PM

The idea of cause and effect suggests that there is no free will. But how can one talk to a materialistic scientist who doesn't believe in spirit and soul, but only believes in bio-mechanical operations of mind?

Because Science comes from Wisdom which comes from fearing the Lord.

Best regards.

As usual, we have to fear the Lord. That's not right - ruling through fear. That's the rule of the jungle. The most powerful rules. There was no need for laws and free will. Fear always works best.

Fearing God is wisdom. After all, He has the ability to do anything to you He wants. Be glad He is patient and merciful with you.

Smiley
February 04, 2016, 04:18:45 PM

Free will?  That is something I can prove false...

If you believe these 3 common Christian beliefs:
1) God created the universe exactly as it is
2) God could have created the universe differently if he wanted to (billions of possibilities)
3) God is Omniscient (knows the future)

Then free will cannot exist

God created this specific universe, knowing exactly what would happen, including your personal choices (free will)...  he could have created a universe where I was a Christian instead of an Atheist, but God created this universe, knowing that I would be an Atheist... It's God's fault I'm an Atheist, not mine!

You have free will in deciding to have faith in him or not.

Best regards.

No. You only have free will to decide not to believe in Him. However, if your free will is weak enough, the Holy spirit can work faith in your heart.

Smiley

So the Holy Spirit works better on the weak minded/spirited? That's really funny.
That would mean that the ones that are atheists have strong mindsets.
Thank you for the compliment. It's very welcome.

Unfortunately for them, if their spiritual strength is strong enough to resist God, they are resisting their own salvation, and plunging themselves into Hell.

Oh well. They asked for it. Even god gave them this ability. Jesus said, "Shake the dust off your feet."

Smiley

You wrote god instead of God. You sinner! How could you forget? What if God will forget to offer you air tomorrow?! you should be stoned to death or something.  Grin
legendary
February 04, 2016, 04:17:31 PM
It seems that logic hurts sometimes. Sorry for hurting you. It'll pass. The Lord will help you.

Are you an atheist?

If you are an atheist, yours is not logic: you are just trying to cover your sin with something else, may be as well the Chupacabra.

That is not fun.

Best regards.
February 04, 2016, 04:17:05 PM
There is too much pain and suffering in this world that so many innocents endure to believe there is a God that loves us like a parent would.
Why does He allow it? Or, seeing as how He knows the future, He did so from the beginning. Is it some kind of sadistic thing?
legendary
February 04, 2016, 04:16:51 PM

2) God could have created the universe differently if he wanted to (billions of possibilities)

God created this specific universe, knowing exactly what would happen, including your personal choices (free will)...  he could have created a universe where I was a Christian instead of an Atheist, but God created this universe, knowing that I would be an Atheist... It's God's fault I'm an Atheist, not mine!

You have free will in deciding to have faith in him or not.

Best regards.

No. You only have free will to decide not to believe in Him. However, if your free will is weak enough, the Holy spirit can work faith in your heart.

Smiley

So the Holy Spirit works better on the weak minded/spirited? That's really funny.
That would mean that the ones that are atheists have strong mindsets.
Thank you for the compliment. It's very welcome.

Unfortunately for them, if their spiritual strength is strong enough to resist God, they are resisting their own salvation, and plunging themselves into Hell.

Oh well. They asked for it. Even god gave them this ability. Jesus said, "Shake the dust off your feet."

Smiley
legendary
February 04, 2016, 04:13:36 PM
If we had the proof of His existence then how us, mortals, could oppose His will?
God has left a tiny area of free will open in us. It has to do with aspects of faith that we have in Him. It doesn't have anything to so with any of our standard understanding of free will, like choosing which side of the bed to get out of in the morning.

Our free will has to do with limited aspects of our faith in God. That's it. God judges us according to our faith in Him.

Then how could He test us?
God tests us based on the freewill portion of our faith in Him.

...the area of free will...

A point about free will and prayer...

When you pray for God to change his divine plan to benefit yourself... You claim that you know better than God does?  You ask him to change his perfect/divine plan because your kid has cancer?  Who are you to question God's divine/perfect plan?!?  God gave your kid cancer because that is His plan, and you think you know better than God? The lolz

Logic - can't fight it. Not in this universe. Which, I for one, believe drives this current version of the universe we're living in.

Since God asks us to pray, does Moloch think that God doesn't have the ability to answer prayer according to our way and His at the same time?

Smiley
Jump to: