Pages:
Author

Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion? - page 26. (Read 901342 times)

legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1540
February 26, 2019, 06:33:08 AM
Anybody can talk about other people. If he was talking about me, why should I condemn him for what he believes? So, my post simply directed him to reconsider... if he even looked at it.

Cool

That's a spirit bro. Btw I like reading your post whenever I get chance. no matter how ignorant you sound in your post (according to my perspective) lol please don't mind. I know you are a cool guy. Namaste

Trouble is, you aren't going to take the time to find out what is real. Or are you?

Cool

The version of your imaginary realism is just an illusion. I come from the land of seekers, not believers. that's why Krishna, Buddha, Jesus, Mohammad are only historic figures for me, that's it. oh but you only wanted me to learn about your version of reality. right? 

Sorry if I missed out a couple of 1000s years because our history goes back to 5000 years. hope you can make peace with it.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
February 25, 2019, 09:32:08 PM
Anybody can talk about other people. If he was talking about me, why should I condemn him for what he believes? So, my post simply directed him to reconsider... if he even looked at it.

Cool

That's a spirit bro. Btw I like reading your post whenever I get chance. no matter how ignorant you sound in your post (according to my perspective) lol please don't mind. I know you are a cool guy. Namaste

Trouble is, you aren't going to take the time to find out what is real. Or are you?

Cool
legendary
February 25, 2019, 10:38:53 AM

Cool

legendary
February 22, 2019, 10:32:35 AM
BADecker Very sick mentality then I must say. you remind me of those missionaries who sent the holy book as relief and not Food and Water during Nepal Earthquake.

BAD eck .. two ugly ewy words don't do justice to the amount of filth this guy has inside of his head. He's a total sasquatch worm.

I didn't realize you felt this way about JSRAW. I guess I haven't followed his(her) posts enough to know that he(she) is this way.

Sad

I thought sujoris was talkin about you actually....
BAD eck .. two ugly ewy words....... He's a total sasquatch worm.

Cool
legendary
Activity: 3388
Merit: 3514
born once atheist
February 22, 2019, 12:24:49 AM
BADecker Very sick mentality then I must say. you remind me of those missionaries who sent the holy book as relief and not Food and Water during Nepal Earthquake.

BAD eck .. two ugly ewy words don't do justice to the amount of filth this guy has inside of his head. He's a total sasquatch worm.

I didn't realize you felt this way about JSRAW. I guess I haven't followed his(her) posts enough to know that he(she) is this way.

Sad

I thought sujoris was talkin about you actually....
BAD eck .. two ugly ewy words....... He's a total sasquatch worm.
legendary
February 21, 2019, 06:13:28 PM

Sad
Activity: 80
Merit: 46
February 21, 2019, 12:27:34 PM

legendary
January 19, 2019, 10:27:24 PM

I barely have enough to live on, myself. You could try Bible Gateway.

Cool
legendary
January 19, 2019, 12:56:46 PM
legendary
January 19, 2019, 12:47:21 PM

God comes last in mind when people face hunger.

God coming last in the first place is why people face hunger at all.

Cool
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
January 19, 2019, 12:13:50 PM
Atheists hate religion because the dont like moral constraints.The are actually not confident that God exist.Also upbringing,some of them hate religion because of evil things done to them by religion teachers in school or church leaders,some are angry about God because of hell.
legendary
January 19, 2019, 10:56:28 AM
^^^ Why not have the same basic beliefs? After all, 100% of the people need air to breathe, water to drink, and food to eat. Since people are all the same in these basic ways, why not in the basic ways of believing in God?... which is more important than air, water, and food.

Cool

Sorry to say Bro but its foolish thing to say that God is more important than Air, Water, and food. its sounds like you never slept empty stomach in your life or met any person in real life who slept hungrily.

God comes last in mind when people face hunger.

And in case you really believe in your statement then you should try to give up Air, Water, and food for some time.
legendary
January 19, 2019, 09:26:53 AM
^^^ Why not have the same basic beliefs? After all, 100% of the people need air to breathe, water to drink, and food to eat. Since people are all the same in these basic ways, why not in the basic ways of believing in God?... which is more important than air, water, and food.

Cool

Because some people do not care if what they believe is actually true.  Psychological comfort is more important than the truth so people rely on emotions, gut feelings to make assumptions to get them to this psychological nirvana in the shortest amount of time.

Some people cannot live with the "I don't know" answers, so they make up answers.

LOL! There are loads of I-don't-know questions. You are simply talking about suicide.

Cool
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1468
January 19, 2019, 09:25:16 AM

Cool

Because some people do not care if what they believe is actually true.  Psychological comfort is more important than the truth so people rely on emotions, gut feelings to make assumptions to get them to this psychological nirvana in the shortest amount of time.

Some people cannot live with the "I don't know" answers, so they make up answers.
legendary
January 19, 2019, 09:15:13 AM

Cool
Activity: 247
Merit: 16
Learn and Grow
January 18, 2019, 11:00:12 AM
Its there decision to me such individuals have to exist one way or the other!!
the earth was not built for everyone to have the same belief! so this is just why its
there just have to be Atheists
legendary
January 18, 2019, 08:17:17 AM

''The theist understands that there is free will, because God tells him that there is free will.'' And how do you know that god is telling you that and it's not artificial free will via C&E?

See how stupid your arguments are? Seems like the C&E that programmed you, didn't make you too smart.

Read it in the Bible, and the Word resonates with my soul.

Cool
legendary
January 18, 2019, 08:16:01 AM

“DNA neither cares nor knows. DNA just is. And we dance to its music.” - Richard Dawkins

I disagree with Dawkins though. I believe that we are more than the sum of our genetic makeup and environment. We also have the spirit which can go against those two factors. The soul/spirit, which is independent of our genes and environment, gives us this free will.

You quoted Jesus yourself, "Is it not written in your Law, 'I have said you are "gods"'

I agree. However...

Be the person atheist or theist, disconnect his spine at the neck, and he can will to walk and wave his hands around all day, and it doesn't work, right?

Or take the whole and healthy person and let him will to fly through the air like superman. Does it happen? Or is his will only a wish or desire? But what about the free will to wish or desire? Isn't such set in place according to C&E causing certain synapses to fire in the brain? And isn't the C&E of the firing due to all kinds of C&E operations, which ultimately go back to the beginning, when everything was set in place by the way it was created?

Artificial free will only operates according to the way C&E allows it to act.

But since we are gods "to whom the Word of God comes," with real free will 'cause God says, why are we limited to using artificial free will? But if we use real free will, where and when and how?

This takes us into faith. "Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God."

Cool
Activity: 1624
Merit: 645
January 18, 2019, 05:43:53 AM
Science has found cause and effect. If, as the standard understanding of science is, there is no spirit or soul, then all things that we attribute to spirit and soul, are simply bio-electrical (or other) impulses that operate via C&E. All electrical impulses follow exact physical laws. Everything is programmed from the beginning... programming called cause and effect. No free will. Only programming.

But the scientists who think this way, still feel that they have free will to some extent. So, is the feeling of free will, really free will? Or is it artificial free will via C&E? If it is artificial free will, and there is nothing scientific that shows real free will, how do we know that we have free will, scientifically speaking?

The atheist who is a science buff, doesn't know that he has free will. He knows that he feels free will. But he doesn't know if it is artificial or real. He can only suggest artificial, because C&E is proven, but spontaneity hasn't been proven. To the atheist, everything is programmed, except that he guesses that there might be true free will that we don't know about.

The theist understands that there is free will, because God tells him that there is free will. But where does the free will lie? Just because a theist knows that he has free will, doesn't remove him from C&E programming, which programming says that free will is artificial.

From a theistic standpoint, we have free will. But our free will isn't what we think it is. We use artificial free will in our daily operations in lives, just like the atheists. We also use real free will daily (just like the atheists who don't know it), but we don't really know how we use it. It is a complete mystery. But we feel and use our artificial free will all the time.

Cool

''The theist understands that there is free will, because God tells him that there is free will.'' And how do you know that god is telling you that and it's not artificial free will via C&E?

See how stupid your arguments are? Seems like the C&E that programmed you, didn't make you too smart.
Activity: 70
Merit: 12
January 17, 2019, 10:32:26 PM
Science has found cause and effect. If, as the standard understanding of science is, there is no spirit or soul, then all things that we attribute to spirit and soul, are simply bio-electrical (or other) impulses that operate via C&E. All electrical impulses follow exact physical laws. Everything is programmed from the beginning... programming called cause and effect. No free will. Only programming.

But the scientists who think this way, still feel that they have free will to some extent. So, is the feeling of free will, really free will? Or is it artificial free will via C&E? If it is artificial free will, and there is nothing scientific that shows real free will, how do we know that we have free will, scientifically speaking?

The atheist who is a science buff, doesn't know that he has free will. He knows that he feels free will. But he doesn't know if it is artificial or real. He can only suggest artificial, because C&E is proven, but spontaneity hasn't been proven. To the atheist, everything is programmed, except that he guesses that there might be true free will that we don't know about.

The theist understands that there is free will, because God tells him that there is free will. But where does the free will lie? Just because a theist knows that he has free will, doesn't remove him from C&E programming, which programming says that free will is artificial.

From a theistic standpoint, we have free will. But our free will isn't what we think it is. We use artificial free will in our daily operations in lives, just like the atheists. We also use real free will daily (just like the atheists who don't know it), but we don't really know how we use it. It is a complete mystery. But we feel and use our artificial free will all the time.

Cool

“DNA neither cares nor knows. DNA just is. And we dance to its music.” - Richard Dawkins

I disagree with Dawkins though. I believe that we are more than the sum of our genetic makeup and environment. We also have the spirit which can go against those two factors. The soul/spirit, which is independent of our genes and environment, gives us this free will.

You quoted Jesus yourself, "Is it not written in your Law, 'I have said you are "gods"'
Pages:
Jump to: