Author

Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion? - page 281. (Read 901342 times)

donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
December 20, 2015, 09:50:49 PM
Because they are disrespectful? That's why they are atheists.

Because religious people are so very respectful of other religions, aren't they?
Activity: 343
Merit: 250
Bonus Claim Url: http://betonline.wager.bz
December 20, 2015, 09:47:39 PM
Because they are disrespectful? That's why they are atheists.
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
December 20, 2015, 09:45:48 PM
That's not what I apologized for.

Most of what I post here is the logic of many others. Often, however, I put it together in ways others don't.

Smiley

I think it is exactly what you apologised for. Here's the quote, again:

None of these links describe atheism.

So would you be happy to let atheists define religion? I think not. The links you supply are all religious in nature. How about you find an atheist site that describes atheism as a religion?

None of us disbelieve in god, we just don't care. Gods are irrelevant to the way we live.

I'm sorry. I apologize. I didn't really realize.

Smiley

If you didn't apologise for not knowing that atheists are irreligious rather than antireligious, what were you apologising for?

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1003
December 20, 2015, 07:44:23 PM
ok, words apparently don't make sense to you, so there is no point in discussing anything with you.

Thank You for your point of view.

Best regards.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043
:^)
December 20, 2015, 07:41:09 PM
you're not getting the point. all I'm saying is civilizations seek explanations for their origins and the phenomena they experience, weather that explanation is mythical or scientific.

Avoiding questions is not civilization is barbarism.

Best regards.
ok, words apparently don't make sense to you, so there is no point in discussing anything with you.
legendary
December 20, 2015, 07:39:30 PM
you're not getting the point. all I'm saying is civilizations seek explanations for their origins and the phenomena they experience, weather that explanation is mythical or scientific.

Avoiding questions is not civilization is barbarism.

Best regards.
Activity: 966
Merit: 507
December 20, 2015, 07:39:06 PM
I used to be a religious person but no longer since I realized that this strict devotion in nothing but a waste of time because I am really convinced about the existence of something superior to us but we are prevented to know it because of our imperfect nature. Then I don't understand the real purpose of religion, it is really a useless thing that have been invented by humans to fight against each other.
legendary
December 20, 2015, 07:36:36 PM
You don't need the deity to explain anything.

You explain things with reason not faith.

Are you an atheist?

Best regards.
yes i am.
humans find the need for an explanation to our origins. therefore, the ideas of creationism, evolution, dieties, etc came about. there is no culture from the first of mankind to now that has gone without some sort of explanation for how they or the world came about to be. some myth, science, or story always surfaces to explain the origins of the world in the current state and its people.

Keep myth and science separated and you will find the truth.

that's not a religious view, thats just from a history / humanities view.

Why you need to explain?

Best regards.
legendary
December 20, 2015, 07:31:03 PM

Are you an atheist?

Best regards.
yes i am.
humans find the need for an explanation to our origins. therefore, the ideas of creationism, evolution, dieties, etc came about. there is no culture from the first of mankind to now that has gone without some sort of explanation for how they or the world came about to be. some myth, science, or story always surfaces to explain the origins of the world in the current state and its people.

Keep myth and science separated and you will find the truth.

that's not a religious view, thats just from a history / humanities view.

Why you need to explain?

Best regards.
legendary
December 20, 2015, 07:26:16 PM
its definitely a big facet of any religion, but i see it as just a detail. most religions want to focus on living your life in a positively influential way. a diety is just the result of the attempts to explain the origins of mankind, the universe (ex, christianty's god, resulting in the belief of creationism), everything (ex, shintoism and the belief that every set of objects has some diety attached to it), etc. its hard to really define, this is just my view on the topic.

Are you an atheist?

Best regards.
yes i am. humans find the need for an explanation to our origins. therefore, the ideas of creationism, evolution, dieties, etc came about. there is no culture from the first of mankind to now that has gone without some sort of explanation for how they or the world came about to be. some myth, science, or story always surfaces to explain the origins of the world in the current state and its people. that's not a religious view, thats just from a history / humanities view.
legendary
December 20, 2015, 07:09:15 PM
its definitely a big facet of any religion, but i see it as just a detail. most religions want to focus on living your life in a positively influential way. a diety is just the result of the attempts to explain the origins of mankind, the universe (ex, christianty's god, resulting in the belief of creationism), everything (ex, shintoism and the belief that every set of objects has some diety attached to it), etc. its hard to really define, this is just my view on the topic.

Are you an atheist?

Best regards.
legendary
December 20, 2015, 07:05:54 PM
tenants, ideologies, philosiphies, and religion might all be the same thing to an overly religious person, its just a set of ideas or teachings to live your life for the most part.

This is exactly it.

All people living, live in religion all the time. Simply because a person hasn't identified the doctrine or dogma of his personal religion, doesn't mean he doesn't have it.

A person who is "overly" religious, might seldom change certain aspects of his religion. Another person who is "barely" religious might be changing his religious dogma in life on a regular basis, often without realizing what he is doing.

Smiley

Religion involves faith in deity.

legendary
December 20, 2015, 06:55:15 PM

All right. If you don't want to play outside, there's cookies on the kitchen table and milk in the fridge.

Smiley

Why are you blaming me instead the atheist your are angry about?

Best regards.

Guys. I guess we're going to have to postpone our discussion. Can't get the youngin to go out and play. Again sometime.

Smiley

Those sentences are true:
Because atheists are people without religion... They don't necessarily hate it, they just don't care about it.

Atheism, the religion of non-religion. At least Buddhists recognize that their atheistic religion is a religion.

Smiley

Your ignorance is disturbing in this thread.

Atheism is NOT a religion.

Buddhists are NOT religious.  Buddhism is a PHILOSOPHY, and Buddhist practices & beliefs vary widely around the world.

Amazing how some of you Bible Thumpers are also experts on things you never practised.

I'm sure you must miss the days of the Crusades & Inquisitions, the way you try to impose your narrow views in an open discussion.  

I mean really. Look in the mirror, even if it is all just a pretend or a show that you're putting up here, you are not really making any fans. If you really want people to take you seriously try and put together sentences that make sense and just dont spew diarrhea out of your fingers.

Soon you will piss someone off so bad that they will track you down and delete your gene pool from Earth's history.. you and everyone that has a mentality like yours (irl).

Best regards.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
December 20, 2015, 06:52:23 PM

All right. If you don't want to play outside, there's cookies on the kitchen table and milk in the fridge.

Smiley

Best regards.

Guys. I guess we're going to have to postpone our discussion. Can't get the youngin to go out and play. Again sometime.

Smiley
legendary
December 20, 2015, 06:47:07 PM

Smiley

Best regards.
legendary
December 20, 2015, 06:45:48 PM

Now, now. Sometime you will grow up. Be a nice little bambino, and go play in the street.

Smiley

Best regards.

Smiley
legendary
December 20, 2015, 06:42:19 PM

Now, now. Sometime you will grow up. Be a nice little bambino, and go play in the street.

Smiley

Best regards.
legendary
December 20, 2015, 06:40:34 PM
Can we do something about atheism?

Best regards.

Look. You could always go out and play in the snow at Capracotta. Think of all the fun you could have digging snow tunnels. And we adults could get some serious thinking done and conversation in.

Smiley

All this attitude because you don't know how to face atheists?!?

Best regards.

Smiley
legendary
December 20, 2015, 06:14:19 PM

Best regards.

Look. You could always go out and play in the snow at Capracotta. Think of all the fun you could have digging snow tunnels. And we adults could get some serious thinking done and conversation in.

Smiley

All this attitude because you don't know how to face atheists?!?

Best regards.
legendary
December 20, 2015, 06:11:02 PM

Best regards.

Smiley
Jump to: