Author

Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion? - page 282. (Read 901342 times)

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1003
December 20, 2015, 06:07:14 PM
Can we do something about atheism?

Best regards.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
December 20, 2015, 05:58:18 PM
tenants, ideologies, philosiphies, and religion might all be the same thing to an overly religious person, its just a set of ideas or teachings to live your life for the most part.

This is exactly it.

All people living, live in religion all the time. Simply because a person hasn't identified the doctrine or dogma of his personal religion, doesn't mean he doesn't have it.

A person who is "overly" religious, might seldom change certain aspects of his religion. Another person who is "barely" religious might be changing his religious dogma in life on a regular basis, often without realizing what he is doing.

Smiley

Religion involves faith in deity.

Atheism is the lack of faith in God.

Neither the Freemasonry respect people without faith (they don't consider people without faith at the level of be a freemason).

Atheism is not a religion.

Best regards.

Okay, now you've said it. Be a good little urchin. Run along and play with the other kids.

Smiley
legendary
December 20, 2015, 05:46:29 PM
tenants, ideologies, philosiphies, and religion might all be the same thing to an overly religious person, its just a set of ideas or teachings to live your life for the most part.

This is exactly it.

All people living, live in religion all the time. Simply because a person hasn't identified the doctrine or dogma of his personal religion, doesn't mean he doesn't have it.

A person who is "overly" religious, might seldom change certain aspects of his religion. Another person who is "barely" religious might be changing his religious dogma in life on a regular basis, often without realizing what he is doing.

Smiley

Religion involves faith in deity.

Atheism is the lack of faith in God.

Neither the Freemasonry respect people without faith (they don't consider people without faith at the level of be a freemason).

Atheism is not a religion.

Best regards.
legendary
December 20, 2015, 05:43:22 PM

This is exactly it.

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043
:^)
December 20, 2015, 03:29:48 PM
I'm not sure why atheism keeps getting called a religion,  it's not.  I'm open minded enough that if someone could show me proof that there was a god I would admit I was wrong.  So far in this thread nothing that has been mentioned gives any peoof whatsoever.  In another hundred years or so more religions will disappear and be known as myths as they should be.  Unfortunately for now most people of religion can not and will not accept that whatever particular religion they believe in is wrong and theres no amount of proof that can be shown which will convince them other wise.

Even still I don't mind religion,  as long as your not cutting off other people's heads and such.  If believing in the tooth fairy gives you comfort then who am I to get in the way.  I suppose religion is there to try and comfort the fearful that everything will be ok(as long as you do whatever some guy a few thousand years ago thought was right at the time).
maybe it has something to do with the possibility that the religious arent able to comprehend the idea of the lack of a religious belief or set of tenants. it sounds a tad pretentious, but its not out of the question. religion, i would assume, is a pretty big part of a religious individual's life, and they may project that same view onto others, and see the lack of religion, which is both important and makes up a large part of their 'identity', so to speak, as something that is either wrong or impossible.

Because atheists are people without religion... They don't necessarily hate it, they just don't care about it.

Atheism, the religion of non-religion. At least Buddhists recognize that their atheistic religion is a religion.

Smiley

Your ignorance is disturbing in this thread.

Atheism is NOT a religion.

Buddhists are NOT religious.  Buddhism is a PHILOSOPHY, and Buddhist practices & beliefs vary widely around the world.

Amazing how some of you Bible Thumpers are also experts on things you never practised.

I'm sure you must miss the days of the Crusades & Inquisitions, the way you try to impose your narrow views in an open discussion. 
Activity: 1778
Merit: 764
www.V.systems
December 20, 2015, 12:10:01 PM
I mean really. Look in the mirror, even if it is all just a pretend or a show that you're putting up here, you are not really making any fans. If you really want people to take you seriously try and put together sentences that make sense and just dont spew diarrhea out of your fingers.

Soon you will piss someone off so bad that they will track you down and delete your gene pool from Earth's history.. you and everyone that has a mentality like yours (irl).

legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1126
December 20, 2015, 02:42:09 AM
Although I consider myself as an atheist, I respect all the world religions (with the exception of Islam, Catholicism and Protestantism / Evangelical Christianity). Religions such as Hinduism, Zoroastrianism, and Buddhism have contributed a lot to the human civilization, in the form of traditional medicine and other knowledge.

Best comment so far....
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1126
December 20, 2015, 02:39:34 AM
Because atheists are people without religion... They don't necessarily hate it, they just don't care about it.

Atheism, the religion of non-religion. At least Buddhists recognize that their atheistic religion is a religion.

Smiley

Your ignorance is disturbing in this thread.

Atheism is NOT a religion.

Buddhists are NOT religious.  Buddhism is a PHILOSOPHY, and Buddhist practices & beliefs vary widely around the world.

Amazing how some of you Bible Thumpers are also experts on things you never practised.

I'm sure you must miss the days of the Crusades & Inquisitions, the way you try to impose your narrow views in an open discussion.  
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
December 19, 2015, 01:49:51 PM
Although I consider myself as an atheist, I respect all the world religions (with the exception of Islam, Catholicism and Protestantism / Evangelical Christianity). Religions such as Hinduism, Zoroastrianism, and Buddhism have contributed a lot to the human civilization, in the form of traditional medicine and other knowledge.
M4z
Activity: 59
Merit: 1
December 19, 2015, 01:21:53 PM
because you looks cooler to other xD
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
December 19, 2015, 01:17:00 PM

so you grovel to some pretend god just to be respected by people? How humble!

It obviously shows how religion poisons the mind, i have respect for everyone regardless of their religion.

Is everyone somebody that respect you?

Best regards.

Well obviously not if i go by your facts, you already told me 90 percent of people dont.  Im comfortable with that, although i never realised before this that nobody had any respect for me because i dont follow what i can only describe as fantasy.

I'm not sure why atheism keeps getting called a religion,  it's not.  I'm open minded enough that if someone could show me proof that there was a god I would admit I was wrong.  So far in this thread nothing that has been mentioned gives any peoof whatsoever.  In another hundred years or so more religions will disappear and be known as myths as they should be.  Unfortunately for now most people of religion can not and will not accept that whatever particular religion they believe in is wrong and theres no amount of proof that can be shown which will convince them other wise.

Even still I don't mind religion,  as long as your not cutting off other people's heads and such.  If believing in the tooth fairy gives you comfort then who am I to get in the way.  I suppose religion is there to try and comfort the fearful that everything will be ok(as long as you do whatever some guy a few thousand years ago thought was right at the time).

When you get down to descriptions and definitions, atheism resembles a religion so much that it has to be classified as a religion... if accuracy is desired.

Smiley

Then perhaps im not an atheist, as im open to suggestion. If you could prove without reasonable doubt that your religion was real then i would accept that.If i had to choose one i like best then it would probably be Buddhism since it seems most fair, but if proof came tomorrow that we live in a simulation , or when we die i move onto a different level of conciousness , maybe i will start my same life cycle again, maybe i just wont face a scenario where i ever can die,Maybe your hateful god is actually real i would accept that, i might not like it . All i know is that theres not one ounce of logical proof to any of these theories and untill there is people shouldnt be running around doing things in the name of said religion.
legendary
December 19, 2015, 11:49:26 AM
I'm not sure why atheism keeps getting called a religion,  it's not.  I'm open minded enough that if someone could show me proof that there was a god I would admit I was wrong.  So far in this thread nothing that has been mentioned gives any peoof whatsoever.  In another hundred years or so more religions will disappear and be known as myths as they should be.  Unfortunately for now most people of religion can not and will not accept that whatever particular religion they believe in is wrong and theres no amount of proof that can be shown which will convince them other wise.

Even still I don't mind religion,  as long as your not cutting off other people's heads and such.  If believing in the tooth fairy gives you comfort then who am I to get in the way.  I suppose religion is there to try and comfort the fearful that everything will be ok(as long as you do whatever some guy a few thousand years ago thought was right at the time).

When you get down to descriptions and definitions, atheism resembles a religion so much that it has to be classified as a religion... if accuracy is desired.

Smiley
legendary
December 19, 2015, 11:48:06 AM

It obviously shows how religion poisons the mind, i have respect for everyone regardless of their religion.

Is everyone somebody that respect you?

Best regards.
legendary
December 19, 2015, 11:46:08 AM

It is as I explained. Two + 2 never equals 4 because there are no two that are exactly like any other two. However, for simple, life-living, practical purposes, 2 + 2 = 4 works well, even though it is flawed in its perfection. The further we get into precise math regarding the operations of the fundamentals of the universe, the further we get away from correct understanding about things.

Being dependent on math for the complex things of the univers will ultimately present a false picture of what the universe is all about.

Jesus is God. He knows each "1" for the individual value that it is.

Smiley

Sadly BADecker, here you are also wrong. If I want to know how many birds there are in a cage I don't need to know what kind they are, just that they are birds. It doesn't matter that they are not all the same bird, or even the same kind of bird.

Or if I have two stones and you give me two stones. I want to know "how many stones do I have", but you seem to want to know"How many stones do I have that are identical to the first stone?". In the first case the answer is "four", and in the second case the answer is "none".

The answers, of course, depend on which categories you want to count, and so your statement that "2 + 2 != 4" is incorrect and the rest of your argument can safely be ignored.

Should I even do this?

Even do what?

Birds in a cage are symbols to you, even if you see them. The word bird is a symbol. In your mind, the idea of two birds, that is, 1 bird and another bird are never the same. They aren't even the same in your mind. There is always 1 bird and 1 bird. The lie is a mild one, but it is a lie just the same.

No matter how many stones are suggested to be identical, they never are. We apply the word "stone" to each one, or we apply the words 4 stones to the group, but even in our mind we recognize that the stones are each individual, and therefore there are not four, but one of each.

How can you refer to a class then? Are you unable to classify things? Do you have a brain injury that prevents you from being able to group things by similarity?

However, it is handy to live our life in our modern countries using the small lie of mathematics. In the long run, however, lies are a part of what allow us to live only a hundred years or so rather than 200 or more.

Smiley

Uh ... Mathematics either works or it does not.  Maths can either do, or do not. There is no try. Maths can't lie and tell the truth at the same time.

Can you make any statement that does not rely on your imagination?

Similarity and sameness are two different things. The group is really many individual 1s. It is never the sum of the parts of the group, because they are all different.

Smiley
legendary
December 19, 2015, 11:42:46 AM

Being open minded is what helped me find out that atheism is a fictional religion. Didn't you see my response to one of your posts on the previous page - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.13289691 ?

You apologised for calling atheism a religion already - the relevant post is quoted below. Did you already forget that, or are you making things up?

Most of what you post here is just your opinion back up with nonsense. Perhaps you could start bringing logic to your arguments? I would certainly take you seriously if you did.

That's not what I apologized for.

Most of what I post here is the logic of many others. Often, however, I put it together in ways others don't.

Smiley
legendary
December 19, 2015, 11:39:33 AM
the core of atheism is to reject the existence of god and i dont think they have to hate religion in order to uphold his belief, atheist thinks religious people , or the people who follow any religion are in a illusion  filled existence while religious people thinks that atheists are delusional  Grin

and for the fact that many religion accept atheism like for example Hinduism , Buddhism , Jain etc 

still do you think that atheists hate religion Wink

Atheists are just like people of other religions. Some of them hate other religions. Some of them don't. Most of them accept their religion. If they didn't, they would find opportunity to stop being atheists. It is the same with people of all religions.

Smiley
legendary
December 19, 2015, 11:32:59 AM

It is as I explained. Two + 2 never equals 4 because there are no two that are exactly like any other two. However, for simple, life-living, practical purposes, 2 + 2 = 4 works well, even though it is flawed in its perfection. The further we get into precise math regarding the operations of the fundamentals of the universe, the further we get away from correct understanding about things.

Being dependent on math for the complex things of the univers will ultimately present a false picture of what the universe is all about.

Jesus is God. He knows each "1" for the individual value that it is.

Smiley

Sadly BADecker, here you are also wrong. If I want to know how many birds there are in a cage I don't need to know what kind they are, just that they are birds. It doesn't matter that they are not all the same bird, or even the same kind of bird.

Or if I have two stones and you give me two stones. I want to know "how many stones do I have", but you seem to want to know"How many stones do I have that are identical to the first stone?". In the first case the answer is "four", and in the second case the answer is "none".

The answers, of course, depend on which categories you want to count, and so your statement that "2 + 2 != 4" is incorrect and the rest of your argument can safely be ignored.

Should I even do this?

Even do what?

Birds in a cage are symbols to you, even if you see them. The word bird is a symbol. In your mind, the idea of two birds, that is, 1 bird and another bird are never the same. They aren't even the same in your mind. There is always 1 bird and 1 bird. The lie is a mild one, but it is a lie just the same.

No matter how many stones are suggested to be identical, they never are. We apply the word "stone" to each one, or we apply the words 4 stones to the group, but even in our mind we recognize that the stones are each individual, and therefore there are not four, but one of each.

How can you refer to a class then? Are you unable to classify things? Do you have a brain injury that prevents you from being able to group things by similarity?

However, it is handy to live our life in our modern countries using the small lie of mathematics. In the long run, however, lies are a part of what allow us to live only a hundred years or so rather than 200 or more.

Smiley

Uh ... Mathematics either works or it does not.  Maths can either do, or do not. There is no try. Maths can't lie and tell the truth at the same time.

Can you make any statement that does not rely on your imagination?

The way people use math doesn't produce accurate results. The results are close enough to accurate that people accept them anyway. That's because people aren't accurate beings.

Smiley
legendary
December 19, 2015, 11:27:39 AM

But, do you think that by accepting the Christ that all of our sins are forgiven?

Let's get back to the 10 Commandments:

1. You shall have no other gods before Me.
2. You shall not make idols.
3. You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain.
4. Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
5. Honor your father and your mother.
6. You shall not murder.
7. You shall not commit adultery.
8. You shall not steal.
9. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
10.You shall not covet.

Moses was teaching us that we should accept the Law of God if we want to have our salvation. Also, Christ mentioned that and he add plus 2 Commandments:

1. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.
2. Love your neighbor as yourself.

There are many people who think that they accept Christ, but did they try to respect the Law?

Accepting Jesus Christ as your Savior is the thing that will save you, provided you remain in that acceptance. The sins are gone. Jesus took them on the cross. The only sin Jesus did not take on the cross is the blasphemy against the Holy spirit. Do you know what that blasphemy is?

Nobody keeps the commandments perfect enough to be accepted by God. The commandments were given for two reasons:
1. To show the people that they couldn't keep them;
2. To bring about peaceful earthly lives when people attempted to keep them.

Accepting Jesus Christ in the way that saves, includes some respect for the Law.

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
December 19, 2015, 11:07:41 AM
I'm not sure why atheism keeps getting called a religion,  it's not.  I'm open minded enough that if someone could show me proof that there was a god I would admit I was wrong.  So far in this thread nothing that has been mentioned gives any peoof whatsoever.  In another hundred years or so more religions will disappear and be known as myths as they should be.  Unfortunately for now most people of religion can not and will not accept that whatever particular religion they believe in is wrong and theres no amount of proof that can be shown which will convince them other wise.

Even still I don't mind religion,  as long as your not cutting off other people's heads and such.  If believing in the tooth fairy gives you comfort then who am I to get in the way.  I suppose religion is there to try and comfort the fearful that everything will be ok(as long as you do whatever some guy a few thousand years ago thought was right at the time).

Neither the Freemasonry respect people without faith.

Are you comfortable by not being respected by 90% of people in this Planet Earth?

Best regards.

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
December 19, 2015, 09:28:46 AM
snip

Paradise is not Heaven. Heaven is where we will be after things are completed, if we are not sent to Hell, that is. Here is Paradise in the Revelation

Heaven is above us and that is the place where will be when Christ come to judge the world. He will destroy the Satan together with his demons, then He will judge on humanity and only those with the scar on their head will be in Heaven.
In simple language, this is correct. Yet, there is a lot more that could be said, and from your words, we could draw incorrect conclusions as well as correct ones.

9 When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God and the testimony they had maintained.

10 They called out in a loud voice, “How long, Sovereign Lord, holy and true, until you judge the inhabitants of the earth and avenge our blood?”

11 Then each of them was given a white robe, and they were told to wait a little longer, until the number of their fellow servants and brothers who were to be killed as they had been was completed.

Dude, the word Paradise is metaphor just like the word White Robe. The robe is the metaphor for the new body. The body of Light and eternal life!

Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

But, John never mention new Universe just like you say in your previous post... Wink
If you need it said exactly like John said it, that's okay. I was simply writing it in an easier way, because that is essentially what John means... new universe.

Heaven above, earth beneath. That covers everything. Universe.

As far as earning salvation, what is the salvation that we can earn? Describe what that salvation is? If it does not include living for a thousand years minimum, then it is not really salvation. I don't see anyone living for much over a hundred years these days. Are you going to make it to a thousand?

Great! You finally ask the true question! Here is my answer:

The moment when you stop to fear of the death and know that trough Christ you will have eternal body(white robe or body of light) is the moment when start to walking the path to eternity. Wink

This sounds good, but it needs a little more explanation to make it clear.

When Jesus died on the cross, He took the punishment for all the sins of all of the people of the whole world. God has no more reason to punish people for their sins, because the punishment is already complete, by what Jesus did on the cross.

When Jesus arose, He showed that He has God-power. His resurrection was the seal on His triumph over the devil and evil.

God is honest. He will only accept honesty and truth. When people do not accept Jesus salvation by believing in the cross and the resurrection, there is no other way. Those people have pushed salvation away from themselves.

The only way to have Christ light in you is to believe that Jesus saves by what He has done on the cross. God will recognize THAT faith in your heart, and will not attribute your sins to you because of it.

There is more that can be said to make it clearer. But this is enough for the moment.

Smiley

EDIT: BTW, often you use the word "dude." Do you mean me? Or are you referring to someone else?

But, do you think that by accepting the Christ that all of our sins are forgiven?

Let's get back to the 10 Commandments:

1. You shall have no other gods before Me.
2. You shall not make idols.
3. You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain.
4. Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
5. Honor your father and your mother.
6. You shall not murder.
7. You shall not commit adultery.
8. You shall not steal.
9. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
10.You shall not covet.

Moses was teaching us that we should accept the Law of God if we want to have our salvation. Also, Christ mentioned that and he add plus 2 Commandments:

1. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.
2. Love your neighbor as yourself.

There are many people who think that they accept Christ, but did they try to respect the Law?
Jump to: