Author

Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion? - page 285. (Read 901342 times)

Activity: 1778
Merit: 764
www.V.systems
December 17, 2015, 10:01:25 AM
....  Christians just ignore Bible shit that makes no sense in the world they live in.

But this measure of merit, it would be Muslims who were clueless, thinking they must obey every word.

LOL....

This is the inherent statement that I have a problem with. Just because someone is born in a Christian family does not mean that they will do things that make practical sense and just because someone who's a muslim will have a thinking that matches Bin laden. For FUDGE's Sake not every Christian is Donal Trump (Tramp) not every Buddhist is Gautam Buddha and not ever Hindu is a Shiv Sena soldier/cadre.

Yet people that subscribe to this ideology that just because there are some idiots who do idiotic things in the name of a religion that instantly makes everyone else the same. If you ask me that is just a xenophobic thought.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
December 17, 2015, 09:36:34 AM
Lastly, it seems you are taking the fear of god approach which would mean that we only pray for selfish means to appease a God rather than doing because we feel it is right. God never intended hell as a place for humans to go and in fact would never wish the evil on anyone because he himself would be considered evil. Man is responsible for sending himself to hell. Man must choose that path.

That is the point mate, bravo!

There isn't such a thing as Hell or Paradise. If you carefully read the New Testament you will understand that God use the words Hell and Paradise to explain what did humans did on Earth. In the Revelation of John, John is telling us the story about the fight between Archangel Michael - Seraphim and the Satan. As you can see, Lucifer was banish from the Heaven down to Earth so He can never came back. God first banish us (the humans) and then the Satan.!

We was having that chance to live in the Paradise here, but when we taste from the Tree of Knowledge we loose our minds and start to killing each other. That's why God banish us from Haven down to Earth. At the same time he banish the Satan who lose the fight against the Seraphim.

He can destroy us at any time, but He gave us chance to live with the Devil so we can start to learn what is difference between good and bad. That is the path to the Enlightenment!

I am glad you replied to sorryforthat the way you did. Personally I believe that the Bible clearly speaks about a real Heaven and Hell existing outside of this earthly life. Our life here, since the fall into sin, is more like the Purgatory of the Roman Catholic Church.

The speaking in the Revelation about the New Heavens and the New Earth is a clearer explanation of Heaven. It is a new universe that has different physical laws than this one - a different physics and science.

The Lake of Fire in the Revelation is a smelting pot that melts the eternal soul down into its component parts so that God gets His energy back. Since the soul is eternal, the tearing down of the soul is eternal as well. God can wait for eternity to be over, because He is outside, even, of eternity, although He is eternal at the same time.

Smiley

I am glad you replied to sorryforthat the way you did. Personally I believe that the Bible clearly speaks about a real Heaven and Hell existing outside of this earthly life. Our life here, since the fall into sin, is more like the Purgatory of the Roman Catholic Church.

You see, that is the difference... You personally believe that the Bible clearly speaks about the real Paradise and Hell and actually never show us where is it. The Bible clearly speaks about Heaven and Earth and that is very different with Paradise and Hell.
Jesus said that Heaven and earth will pass away. This means that these things that we know will become non-existent.

Revelation says that there will be New Heavens and a New Earth because the old one had passed away. John saw this new universe come down from God.

How much clearer can one be?

Further, everything that we know and think pertains to this universe. Why? We have been built into the physics of this universe. We can understand no more than the understanding of the physics that makes us allows us to understand.

The fact that we can understand that there is something outside of this universe is something that shows us that we are tremendous beings. However, since we are beings of this universe, there is no way to conceive of "where" the new universe will be, because it will not be inside of this universe, and all we understand are things inside this universe. We can't understand things outside of this universe, because we don't think like that.

If you carefully read the Revelation, you will understand that John is telling us about the war in Heaven. So if the war was actually happen in the Heaven between Archangel Michael and the Satan, then it is normal to be banished here on Earth. And if the Earth was before Paradise like God created it, now is Hell because he banish the Satan from Heaven... Smiley

The war in heaven is not the only thing that the Revelation talks about.

God banished Satan to earth, not to Hell.

Indeed, this universe and everything in it will be the Lake of Fire talked about in the Revelation. Yet, we are not experiencing the Lake of Fire, yet. The devil, his angels, the false prophet, and all the people who do not believe in Jesus salvation will be thrown into the Lake of Fire after our universe is converted into the Lake of Fire.

Smiley

Jesus said that Heaven and earth will pass away. This means that these things that we know will become non-existent.

Revelation says that there will be New Heavens and a New Earth because the old one had passed away. John saw this new universe come down from God.

Yeah, that is completely true, but I must correct you... You have mentioned before Paradise and Hell and that is quite different from Heaven and Hell. Smiley

Plus, in Revelation John had visions directly from Christ and he see the New World, not the Universe. I think that you should re-read the Revelation and comeback with some new thoughts! John clearly speaking that they will be New World, New Heaven and New Israel. In other words, whole New Holly Earth where we will not have the sun, but instead of that the Supreme will be the Light for all of us!

"And I will be a father to you, And you shall be sons and daughters to Me," Says the Lord Almighty.''

Mate, please read my posts carefully... I know that I have some problems with my English, but I am very clear in my words. I never mention that He banish to Hell, on contrary I sad that He banish him to Earth and leave us all to live with the Satan so we can taste the Hell here and discover what is the difference between good and bad. Wink

We already have the chance to live here like in Paradise, but know we should learn that we have to earn that if we want our salvation!
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
December 17, 2015, 09:19:36 AM
I don't think that atheists hate religion. I think the fact is they just don't believe in religions. I guess they don't like worshipping a god, or maybe they don't like all the rules you need to follow in a religion.

There are theists all over who do not like all the rules of religion. So, they don't partake of any formal religion. Yet they believe in God... or so they say.

The more a person expresses his beliefs, and especially if he fights for them, the more he is making his beliefs into a religion.

Smiley
I would agree dude. What are all the religious books like Bible, Quran and others thought that Only we human beings are following But May not know what is its thought and Its just not preaching.

Well, maybe one of the books is correct. But which one? And why? And how?

Smiley
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
December 17, 2015, 04:16:11 AM
I don't think that atheists hate religion. I think the fact is they just don't believe in religions. I guess they don't like worshipping a god, or maybe they don't like all the rules you need to follow in a religion.

There are theists all over who do not like all the rules of religion. So, they don't partake of any formal religion. Yet they believe in God... or so they say.

The more a person expresses his beliefs, and especially if he fights for them, the more he is making his beliefs into a religion.

Smiley
I would agree dude. What are all the religious books like Bible, Quran and others thought that Only we human beings are following But May not know what is its thought and Its just not preaching.
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
December 17, 2015, 03:40:24 AM

Smiley

I'll fight for my right to not believe in anything. Imagine if tried to force you to believe in an invisible rainbow clown that controls your thoughts. By your logic you would be making disbelief in the invisible rainbow clown into a religion - and wouldn't you then have two religions?

There are many things for which I will fight - do *I* have multiple religions?

It seems like you're making the word 'religion' mean whatever you want it to.

legendary
December 17, 2015, 02:34:55 AM

Smiley
Activity: 112
December 17, 2015, 02:17:52 AM
legendary
December 17, 2015, 01:47:07 AM
I suppose we could argue. But that would be unprofitable.

Argument is usually profitable, if both sides are willing to listen.

When you Google or DuckDuckGo search on "atheism religion," you get many sites. Some suggest that atheism is a religion and some suggest that it is not.

Neither Google nor DuckDuckGo are authorities on the subject of atheism. Try an atheist site instead.

The point is, if atheism is NOT a religion, it is so extremely close to being a religion,

No. Really really no. That's not atheism at all.

that there is little to divide the two. A sampling of sites that suggest atheism is a religion, why, and how:

http://creation.com/atheism-a-religion

http://www.strangenotions.com/is-atheism-a-religion/

http://www.wnd.com/2014/03/atheism-is-a-religion/

Smiley
None of these links describe atheism.

So would you be happy to let atheists define religion? I think not. The links you supply are all religious in nature. How about you find an atheist site that describes atheism as a religion?

None of us disbelieve in god, we just don't care. Gods are irrelevant to the way we live.

I'm sorry. I apologize. I didn't really realize.

Smiley
donator
Poor impulse control.
December 17, 2015, 01:35:11 AM

Argument is usually profitable, if both sides are willing to listen.

When you Google or DuckDuckGo search on "atheism religion," you get many sites. Some suggest that atheism is a religion and some suggest that it is not.

Neither Google nor DuckDuckGo are authorities on the subject of atheism. Try an atheist site instead.

The point is, if atheism is NOT a religion, it is so extremely close to being a religion,

No. Really really no. That's not atheism at all.

that there is little to divide the two. A sampling of sites that suggest atheism is a religion, why, and how:

Smiley
None of these links describe atheism.

So would you be happy to let atheists define religion? I think not. The links you supply are all religious in nature. How about you find an atheist site that describes atheism as a religion?

None of us disbelieve in god, we just don't care. Gods are irrelevant to the way we live.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1126
December 17, 2015, 12:22:56 AM
Atheism is not an organized religion.

Too bad the OP started with a false premise, but it's been a good discussion anyway, except where people try to cram their beliefs down our throats.

As if that would effect any change, except maybe to make the OP more real by actually making a few Atheists hate religion.
 Grin
legendary
December 16, 2015, 11:18:26 PM
Atheists dont have to like religions but they have to respect religions , hate mean is look like enemy so it is not good.

Atheists really need to wake up and see that atheism is a religion.   Smiley

Again, no - you're still wrong, just like last time you posted the same comment.

https://atheists.org/activism/resources/what-is-atheism

WHAT IS ATHEISM?

No one asks this question enough.

The reason no one asks this question a lot is because most people have preconceived ideas and notions about what an Atheist is and is not. Where these preconceived ideas come from varies, but they tend to evolve from theistic influences or other sources.

Atheism is usually defined incorrectly as a belief system. Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods. Older dictionaries define atheism as "a belief that there is no God." Some dictionaries even go so far as to define Atheism as "wickedness," "sinfulness," and other derogatory adjectives. Clearly, theistic influence taints dictionaries. People cannot trust these dictionaries to define atheism. The fact that dictionaries define Atheism as "there is no God" betrays the (mono)theistic influence. Without the (mono)theistic influence, the definition would at least read "there are no gods."

Why should atheists allow theists to define who atheists are? Do other minorities allow the majority to define their character, views, and opinions? No, they do not. So why does everyone expect atheists to lie down and accept the definition placed upon them by the world’s theists? Atheists will define themselves.

Atheism is not a belief system nor is it a religion. While there are some religions that are atheistic (certain sects of Buddhism, for example), that does not mean that atheism is a religion. Two commonly used retorts to the nonsense that atheism is a religion are: 1) If atheism is a religion then bald is a hair color, and 2) If atheism is a religion then health is a disease. A new one introduced in 2012 by Bill Maher is, "If atheism is a religion, then abstinence is a sexual position."

The only common thread that ties all atheists together is a lack of belief in gods and supernatural beings. Some of the best debates we have ever had have been with fellow atheists. This is because atheists do not have a common belief system, sacred scripture or atheist Pope. This means atheists often disagree on many issues and ideas. Atheists come in a variety of shapes, colors, beliefs, convictions, and backgrounds. We are as unique as our fingerprints.

The point is, if atheism is NOT a religion, it is so extremely close to being a religion, that there is little to divide the two. A sampling of sites that suggest atheism is a religion, why, and how:

Smiley
donator
Poor impulse control.
December 16, 2015, 09:11:02 PM
Atheists dont have to like religions but they have to respect religions , hate mean is look like enemy so it is not good.

Atheists really need to wake up and see that atheism is a religion.   Smiley

Again, no - you're still wrong, just like last time you posted the same comment.

https://atheists.org/activism/resources/what-is-atheism

WHAT IS ATHEISM?

No one asks this question enough.

The reason no one asks this question a lot is because most people have preconceived ideas and notions about what an Atheist is and is not. Where these preconceived ideas come from varies, but they tend to evolve from theistic influences or other sources.

Atheism is usually defined incorrectly as a belief system. Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods. Older dictionaries define atheism as "a belief that there is no God." Some dictionaries even go so far as to define Atheism as "wickedness," "sinfulness," and other derogatory adjectives. Clearly, theistic influence taints dictionaries. People cannot trust these dictionaries to define atheism. The fact that dictionaries define Atheism as "there is no God" betrays the (mono)theistic influence. Without the (mono)theistic influence, the definition would at least read "there are no gods."

Why should atheists allow theists to define who atheists are? Do other minorities allow the majority to define their character, views, and opinions? No, they do not. So why does everyone expect atheists to lie down and accept the definition placed upon them by the world’s theists? Atheists will define themselves.

Atheism is not a belief system nor is it a religion. While there are some religions that are atheistic (certain sects of Buddhism, for example), that does not mean that atheism is a religion. Two commonly used retorts to the nonsense that atheism is a religion are: 1) If atheism is a religion then bald is a hair color, and 2) If atheism is a religion then health is a disease. A new one introduced in 2012 by Bill Maher is, "If atheism is a religion, then abstinence is a sexual position."

The only common thread that ties all atheists together is a lack of belief in gods and supernatural beings. Some of the best debates we have ever had have been with fellow atheists. This is because atheists do not have a common belief system, sacred scripture or atheist Pope. This means atheists often disagree on many issues and ideas. Atheists come in a variety of shapes, colors, beliefs, convictions, and backgrounds. We are as unique as our fingerprints.
legendary
December 16, 2015, 06:50:57 PM

Atheists really need to wake up and see that atheism is a religion.   Smiley
Activity: 122
Merit: 100
December 16, 2015, 06:20:45 PM
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003
December 16, 2015, 03:53:32 PM
Yes, people who say they hate Christians are just fulfilling prophecy from the 2,000 year old book they dismiss as only being written by humans.
For a biblical foreknowledge to be valid it must pass ALL these criteria:

1) It must be in the Bible.
2) It must be accurate.
3) It must be unambiguous.
4) It must be improbable.
5) It must have been unknown.

The prophecy you highlighted is false because it failed to satisfy #4.

That one isn't improbable, but that doesn't make it false. It just means it can't be proven to be prophetic. After all, if you said, "the sun will rise tomorrow" no one would call you a liar, they'd just say so what. So no, it's not false, it just can't be proven to be prophetic.

These are better (written centuries before Christ):

Christ will be born in Bethlehem...

Micah 5:2 – “But you, O Bethlehem Ephrathah, are only a small village in Judah. Yet a ruler of Israel will come from you, one whose origins are from the distant past.”

to a virgin mother...

Isaiah 7:14 – “All right then, the Lord Himself will choose the sign. Look! The virgin will conceive a child! She will give birth to a son and will call Him Immanuel – ‘God is with us.’”

he will be despised by his own people...

Isaiah 53:1, 3 – “Who has believed our message? To whom will the Lord reveal His saving power? He was despised and rejected – a man of sorrows, acquainted with bitterest grief. We turned our backs on Him and looked the other way when He went by. He was despised, and we did not care.”

and betrayed for 30 pieces of silver (which is what Judas Iscariot was payed to betray Jesus)...

Zechariah 11:12-13 – “And I said unto them, ‘If ye think good, give me my price; and if not, forbear. So they weighed for my price thirty pieces of silver. And the Lord said unto me, Cast it unto the potter: a goodly price that I was prised at of them. And I took the thirty pieces of silver, and cast them to the potter in the house of the Lord.”

and tried and condemned, He will die for the sins of the people...

Isaiah 53:8 – “From prison and trial they led Him away to His death. But who among the people realized that He was dying for their sins – that He was suffering their punishment?”

this one needs a New Testament verse or two to compare...

Psalm 22:7-8 – “Everyone who sees Me, mocks Me. They sneer and shake their heads, saying, ‘Is this the One who relies on the Lord? Then let the Lord save Him! If the Lord loves Him so much, then let the Lord rescue Him!’”

Matthew 27:39-40 – “And the people passing by shouted abuse, shaking their heads in mockery. ‘So! You can destroy the Temple and build it again in three days, can You? Well then, if You are the Son of God, save Yourself and come down from the cross!’”

Luke 23:11, 35 – “Now Herod and his soldiers began mocking and ridiculing Jesus. Then they put a royal robe on Him and sent Him back to Pilate. The crowd watched, and the leaders laughed and scoffed. ‘He saved others,’ they said, ‘let Him save Himself if He is really God’s Chosen One, the Messiah.’”

All of these were fulfilled during Jesus' lifetime, and there are many more as well. For example the Old Testament states that no bone would be broken, and although most victims of crucifixion had their legs broken, He did not.

I'm not here to debate though, read the Bible for yourself and see what you think. It can't hurt right? If you decide it's not true, no harm right? If you decide it is, you'll be saved.
legendary
December 16, 2015, 03:37:42 PM
Isn't it obvious why do atheists hate Religion? Throughout history Religion have been the cause for attrocities and torture. Religion was all about not respecting the others. So why wouldn't they hate it?

Look at Stalin, one of the greatest supporters of atheism. He murdered as many as a hundred million of his own people who were trusting in their government.

True, religion is the greatest cause of "atrocities and torture." But there is nothing else besides religion. Google or DuckDuckGo search on "atheism religion" and you will see that if atheism isn't religion, it is so close that it is hard to tell the difference.

Smiley
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
December 16, 2015, 02:49:59 PM
Isn't it obvious why do atheists hate Religion? Throughout history Religion have been the cause for attrocities and torture. Religion was all about not respecting the others. So why wouldn't they hate it?
legendary
December 16, 2015, 01:22:30 PM
Lastly, it seems you are taking the fear of god approach which would mean that we only pray for selfish means to appease a God rather than doing because we feel it is right. God never intended hell as a place for humans to go and in fact would never wish the evil on anyone because he himself would be considered evil. Man is responsible for sending himself to hell. Man must choose that path.

There isn't such a thing as Hell or Paradise. If you carefully read the New Testament you will understand that God use the words Hell and Paradise to explain what did humans did on Earth. In the Revelation of John, John is telling us the story about the fight between Archangel Michael - Seraphim and the Satan. As you can see, Lucifer was banish from the Heaven down to Earth so He can never came back. God first banish us (the humans) and then the Satan.!

We was having that chance to live in the Paradise here, but when we taste from the Tree of Knowledge we loose our minds and start to killing each other. That's why God banish us from Haven down to Earth. At the same time he banish the Satan who lose the fight against the Seraphim.

He can destroy us at any time, but He gave us chance to live with the Devil so we can start to learn what is difference between good and bad. That is the path to the Enlightenment!

The speaking in the Revelation about the New Heavens and the New Earth is a clearer explanation of Heaven. It is a new universe that has different physical laws than this one - a different physics and science.

The Lake of Fire in the Revelation is a smelting pot that melts the eternal soul down into its component parts so that God gets His energy back. Since the soul is eternal, the tearing down of the soul is eternal as well. God can wait for eternity to be over, because He is outside, even, of eternity, although He is eternal at the same time.

Smiley

You see, that is the difference... You personally believe that the Bible clearly speaks about the real Paradise and Hell and actually never show us where is it. The Bible clearly speaks about Heaven and Earth and that is very different with Paradise and Hell.

Further, everything that we know and think pertains to this universe. Why? We have been built into the physics of this universe. We can understand no more than the understanding of the physics that makes us allows us to understand.

The fact that we can understand that there is something outside of this universe is something that shows us that we are tremendous beings. However, since we are beings of this universe, there is no way to conceive of "where" the new universe will be, because it will not be inside of this universe, and all we understand are things inside this universe. We can't understand things outside of this universe, because we don't think like that.

If you carefully read the Revelation, you will understand that John is telling us about the war in Heaven. So if the war was actually happen in the Heaven between Archangel Michael and the Satan, then it is normal to be banished here on Earth. And if the Earth was before Paradise like God created it, now is Hell because he banish the Satan from Heaven... Smiley

Indeed, this universe and everything in it will be the Lake of Fire talked about in the Revelation. Yet, we are not experiencing the Lake of Fire, yet. The devil, his angels, the false prophet, and all the people who do not believe in Jesus salvation will be thrown into the Lake of Fire after our universe is converted into the Lake of Fire.

Smiley
Activity: 98
December 16, 2015, 09:33:47 AM

Smiley

Activity: 504
Merit: 500
December 15, 2015, 08:48:49 PM
You are soooo good. I suppose that I could find all these links, and many others. But I didn't do it. You did.

Smiley

It doesn't prove the God of the bible, but it does prove Intelligent Design. To ignore Charles Darwin, himself, saying his whole theory "would absolutely break down" based on the information we have now, is just being blind.

I thought you were going to reprove me for saying that you are good, when Jesus said that no one is good except God alone.

Cheesy

Well that's true, but.... I didn't even register the compliment, lol. As you can see I didn't actually even reply to anything you said. My mind is scattered in multiple lines of thought. Tongue
Jump to: