Author

Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion? - page 284. (Read 901342 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500
December 18, 2015, 03:38:51 PM
Atheist here. Im sure this has been said before but i dont want to read through 163 pages of post. I wouldnt say i hate religion but i hate whats done in the name of religion. I also dont know why people put so much faith in religion. i would have thought people would see through it by the time you stop beleiving in the tooth fairy, santa etc. i suppose for most people its nothing more than brain washing. if your told from birth that thats the way it is i suppose its hard to remove it, some manage most dont. I honestly find it ridiculous that people beleive in their religion in this day and age.

See I believe in my religion but I am not brainwashed because my religion teaches me to be polite , honest and be good and helpful to everyone so it's up to us how we take it because brainwashers are everywhere in the world and a smart person will understand that. By the way you are right I have some friends who are Atheist and they don't hate religion.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
December 18, 2015, 02:54:33 PM
I would love to be enlightened but for most non religious folk its fairly evident that religion was made by men to control men.  And it's worked well to some extent.  I would be interested in some scientific evidence of your god though.

My god?

The evidence for the God over all, as I have often written, is found in combining these three things:
1. Newton's 3rd law, action and reaction (cause and effect);
2. complex universe, with focus on the brain and mind of mankind;
3. Simple entropy - not all the theoretical stuff about entropy.

Really though, there is a lot more that upholds what the above three things say.

Smiley

EDIT: Also, the link in the post directly above this one has excellent points in it.

Focus on Mankind's brain? Even Mick Foley would find that hard to digest.

That's equivalent to claiming that the the Sahara exists for a single molecule inside of a particular single grain of sand.

You epitomize; either intentionally (probably) or otherwise, the hypocrisy of all things a religious man stands for and for that sir I love you, you continue to give atheism a new reason to hate 'all things religious'. Perhaps that is your purpose.

See? There you go, miss representing the things that I said. You are Troll extraordinaire.

Reread it, folks.

Smiley
legendary
December 18, 2015, 02:52:18 PM

It is as I explained. Two + 2 never equals 4 because there are no two that are exactly like any other two. However, for simple, life-living, practical purposes, 2 + 2 = 4 works well, even though it is flawed in its perfection. The further we get into precise math regarding the operations of the fundamentals of the universe, the further we get away from correct understanding about things.

Being dependent on math for the complex things of the univers will ultimately present a false picture of what the universe is all about.

Jesus is God. He knows each "1" for the individual value that it is.

Smiley

On one hand you say nothing is perfect and question the very fabric of reality (maths) yet on the other hand you promote a fictitious concept that is flawed in even it's most basic level (God) which is borderline hypocritically stupid, not you, the idea.

As such I must come to one conclusion that you sir are a troll.

On one had you miss represent me. I am simply showing our inaccuracy in the ways we use math.

Next, you would rather keep people from recognizing the flawed math usage, so that people can continue to work in flawed ways.

Further, you keep on denying the existence of God right in the face of proof.

Troll isn't strong enough for you. You are more like liar and propagandist.

Smiley
Activity: 1778
Merit: 764
www.V.systems
December 18, 2015, 02:51:00 PM
I would love to be enlightened but for most non religious folk its fairly evident that religion was made by men to control men.  And it's worked well to some extent.  I would be interested in some scientific evidence of your god though.

My god?

The evidence for the God over all, as I have often written, is found in combining these three things:

Really though, there is a lot more that upholds what the above three things say.

Smiley

EDIT: Also, the link in the post directly above this one has excellent points in it.

Focus on Mankind's brain? Even Mick Foley would find that hard to digest.

That's equivalent to claiming that the the Sahara exists for a single molecule inside of a particular single grain of sand.

You epitomize; either intentionally (probably) or otherwise, the hypocrisy of all things a religious man stands for and for that sir I love you, you continue to give atheism a new reason to hate 'all things religious'. Perhaps that is your purpose.
www.V.systems
December 18, 2015, 02:46:02 PM

It is as I explained. Two + 2 never equals 4 because there are no two that are exactly like any other two. However, for simple, life-living, practical purposes, 2 + 2 = 4 works well, even though it is flawed in its perfection. The further we get into precise math regarding the operations of the fundamentals of the universe, the further we get away from correct understanding about things.

Being dependent on math for the complex things of the univers will ultimately present a false picture of what the universe is all about.

Smiley

On one hand you say nothing is perfect and question the very fabric of reality (maths) yet on the other hand you promote a fictitious concept that is flawed in even it's most basic level (God) which is borderline hypocritically stupid, not you, the idea.

As such I must come to one conclusion that you sir are a troll.
legendary
December 18, 2015, 02:39:57 PM

My god?

Smiley

Activity: 504
Merit: 500
December 18, 2015, 02:35:06 PM
I would love to be enlightened but for most non religious folk its fairly evident that religion was made by men to control men.  And it's worked well to some extent.  I would be interested in some scientific evidence of your god though.

I already posted some links to some.

Just watch some of the videos, they're a bit long, but they discuss the scientific reasons why we are created beings rather than random.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.13261362
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
December 18, 2015, 02:29:41 PM
I would love to be enlightened but for most non religious folk its fairly evident that religion was made by men to control men.  And it's worked well to some extent.  I would be interested in some scientific evidence of your god though.
legendary
December 18, 2015, 02:09:50 PM
Atheist here. Im sure this has been said before but i dont want to read through 163 pages of post. I wouldn't say i hate religion but i hate whats done in the name of religion. I also dont know why people put so much faith in religion. i would have thought people would see through it by the time you stop beleiving in the tooth fairy, santa etc. i suppose for most people its nothing more than brain washing. if your told from birth that thats the way it is i suppose its hard to remove it, some manage most dont. I honestly find it ridiculous that people beleive in their religion in this day and age.

All people have religion of a sort, because people need something to tell them the future is going to be okay. Atheism is a form of religion.

People put faith in religion because they need something to put faith in. Without faith in something, there would be no hope. If there were no hope, there would only be fear. Fear would result in suicide, and the human race would be gone.

Tooth Fairy and Santa are false religions. So is atheism, since Science, at least, has proven that God exists.

Children believe what they are told from birth. As they grow older, they start to question. Because they lack experience, their questioning often causes them to do things that hurt them. After the pain, they see how they should have listened to what they were told from birth. Their experience guides them next time.

Unfortunately, there is no next time experience after death. We need to learn the right religion in this life.

Smiley

Im sorry but i disagree completely, I dont see atheism as a religion and in fact there are some religions that sound nice if they were true but a lot of them it sounds like this god chap is just a complete power mad lunatic (thats putting it polite so as not offend). I dont need hope that theres something in the next life, i have no fear and am in no way contemplating suicide.

tooth fairy and santa are false religions just like Greek mythology and every modern day religion that should also be listed under mythology, i would be interested to see the science that has proven god to exist as i have yet to see any evidence.

And even if i was religious theres a good chance i would pick the wrong one anyway.

I completely accept your choice for yourself. I uphold your freedom just as I would want you to uphold mine.

If you ever become interested in looking at the details of what I said and why I said it, dig into the meanings of word, including atheism and religion, in dictionaries and encyclopedias, and you will come away with a refreshed understanding.

Smiley
legendary
December 18, 2015, 01:58:56 PM
Atheist here. Im sure this has been said before but i dont want to read through 163 pages of post. I wouldn't say i hate religion but i hate whats done in the name of religion. I also dont know why people put so much faith in religion. i would have thought people would see through it by the time you stop beleiving in the tooth fairy, santa etc. i suppose for most people its nothing more than brain washing. if your told from birth that thats the way it is i suppose its hard to remove it, some manage most dont. I honestly find it ridiculous that people beleive in their religion in this day and age.

All people have religion of a sort, because people need something to tell them the future is going to be okay. Atheism is a form of religion.

People put faith in religion because they need something to put faith in. Without faith in something, there would be no hope. If there were no hope, there would only be fear. Fear would result in suicide, and the human race would be gone.

Tooth Fairy and Santa are false religions. So is atheism, since Science, at least, has proven that God exists.

Children believe what they are told from birth. As they grow older, they start to question. Because they lack experience, their questioning often causes them to do things that hurt them. After the pain, they see how they should have listened to what they were told from birth. Their experience guides them next time.

Unfortunately, there is no next time experience after death. We need to learn the right religion in this life.

Smiley

Im sorry but i disagree completely, I dont see atheism as a religion and in fact there are some religions that sound nice if they were true but a lot of them it sounds like this god chap is just a complete power mad lunatic (thats putting it polite so as not offend). I dont need hope that theres something in the next life, i have no fear and am in no way contemplating suicide.

tooth fairy and santa are false religions just like Greek mythology and every modern day religion that should also be listed under mythology, i would be interested to see the science that has proven god to exist as i have yet to see any evidence.

And even if i was religious theres a good chance i would pick the wrong one anyway.
legendary
December 18, 2015, 01:51:04 PM
Atheist here. Im sure this has been said before but i dont want to read through 163 pages of post. I wouldnt say i hate religion but i hate whats done in the name of religion. I also dont know why people put so much faith in religion. i would have thought people would see through it by the time you stop beleiving in the tooth fairy, santa etc. i suppose for most people its nothing more than brain washing. if your told from birth that thats the way it is i suppose its hard to remove it, some manage most dont. I honestly find it ridiculous that people beleive in their religion in this day and age.

Smiley
legendary
December 18, 2015, 01:16:30 PM
legendary
December 18, 2015, 01:00:05 PM
snip

Paradise is not Heaven. Heaven is where we will be after things are completed, if we are not sent to Hell, that is. Here is Paradise in the Revelation

Heaven is above us and that is the place where will be when Christ come to judge the world. He will destroy the Satan together with his demons, then He will judge on humanity and only those with the scar on their head will be in Heaven.
In simple language, this is correct. Yet, there is a lot more that could be said, and from your words, we could draw incorrect conclusions as well as correct ones.

9 When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God and the testimony they had maintained.

10 They called out in a loud voice, “How long, Sovereign Lord, holy and true, until you judge the inhabitants of the earth and avenge our blood?”

11 Then each of them was given a white robe, and they were told to wait a little longer, until the number of their fellow servants and brothers who were to be killed as they had been was completed.

Dude, the word Paradise is metaphor just like the word White Robe. The robe is the metaphor for the new body. The body of Light and eternal life!

Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

But, John never mention new Universe just like you say in your previous post... Wink
If you need it said exactly like John said it, that's okay. I was simply writing it in an easier way, because that is essentially what John means... new universe.

Heaven above, earth beneath. That covers everything. Universe.

As far as earning salvation, what is the salvation that we can earn? Describe what that salvation is? If it does not include living for a thousand years minimum, then it is not really salvation. I don't see anyone living for much over a hundred years these days. Are you going to make it to a thousand?

Great! You finally ask the true question! Here is my answer:

The moment when you stop to fear of the death and know that trough Christ you will have eternal body(white robe or body of light) is the moment when start to walking the path to eternity. Wink

This sounds good, but it needs a little more explanation to make it clear.

When Jesus died on the cross, He took the punishment for all the sins of all of the people of the whole world. God has no more reason to punish people for their sins, because the punishment is already complete, by what Jesus did on the cross.

When Jesus arose, He showed that He has God-power. His resurrection was the seal on His triumph over the devil and evil.

God is honest. He will only accept honesty and truth. When people do not accept Jesus salvation by believing in the cross and the resurrection, there is no other way. Those people have pushed salvation away from themselves.

The only way to have Christ light in you is to believe that Jesus saves by what He has done on the cross. God will recognize THAT faith in your heart, and will not attribute your sins to you because of it.

There is more that can be said to make it clearer. But this is enough for the moment.

Smiley

EDIT: BTW, often you use the word "dude." Do you mean me? Or are you referring to someone else?
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
December 18, 2015, 09:54:00 AM
Jesus said that Heaven and earth will pass away. This means that these things that we know will become non-existent.

Revelation says that there will be New Heavens and a New Earth because the old one had passed away. John saw this new universe come down from God.

How much clearer can one be?

Yeah, that is completely true, but I must correct you... You have mentioned before Paradise and Hell and that is quite different from Heaven and Hell. Smiley

To the repentant thief on the cross with Him - Luke 23:43:
Plus, in Revelation John had visions directly from Christ and he see the New World, not the Universe. I think that you should re-read the Revelation and comeback with some new thoughts! John clearly speaking that they will be New World, New Heaven and New Israel. In other words, whole New Holly Earth where we will not have the sun, but instead of that the Supreme will be the Light for all of us!
Revelation 21:1:

"And I will be a father to you, And you shall be sons and daughters to Me," Says the Lord Almighty.''

The war in heaven is not the only thing that the Revelation talks about.

God banished Satan to earth, not to Hell.

Mate, please read my posts carefully... I know that I have some problems with my English, but I am very clear in my words. I never mention that He banish to Hell, on contrary I sad that He banish him to Earth and leave us all to live with the Satan so we can taste the Hell here and discover what is the difference between good and bad. Wink

We already have the chance to live here like in Paradise, but know we should learn that we have to earn that if we want our salvation!

I never said that you said, except when you did say.

If you really feel that living here is Paradise, then you have been very blessed in this life. There are many others wouldn't call this Paradise. But it certainly isn't Hell. If life gets too bad here, one dies. Hell will have no death in it... no escape.

As far as earning salvation, what is the salvation that we can earn? Describe what that salvation is? If it does not include living for a thousand years minimum, then it is not really salvation. I don't see anyone living for much over a hundred years these days. Are you going to make it to a thousand?

Smiley

Paradise is not Heaven. Heaven is where we will be after things are completed, if we are not sent to Hell, that is. Here is Paradise in the Revelation

Heaven is above us and that is the place where will be when Christ come to judge the world. He will destroy the Satan together with his demons, then He will judge on humanity and only those with the scar on their head will be in Heaven.

9 When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God and the testimony they had maintained.

10 They called out in a loud voice, “How long, Sovereign Lord, holy and true, until you judge the inhabitants of the earth and avenge our blood?”

11 Then each of them was given a white robe, and they were told to wait a little longer, until the number of their fellow servants and brothers who were to be killed as they had been was completed.

Dude, the word Paradise is metaphor just like the word White Robe. The robe is the metaphor for the new body. The body of Light and eternal life!

Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

But, John never mention new Universe just like you say in your previous post... Wink

Great! You finally ask the true question! Here is my answer:

The moment when you stop to fear of the death and know that trough Christ you will have eternal body(white robe or body of light) is the moment when start to walking the path to eternity. Wink
legendary
December 17, 2015, 03:37:15 PM

Not everyone who testifies in court tells the truth. The thing that he does with his testimony is to make a record.

The Bible is a record of many people with testimonies. To determine if the testimonies are the truth, you need to compare them... same as in court.

Outside of a handful of scientific laws that have been proven, the greater part of science is theory. Theory is science fiction that happens to have a part in science. Yet many people believe the theory to be true. So, where is the magic?

Smiley

Reality is quite the contrary actually. Only a handful of events occur in nature that is not yet described and linked mathematically to a theory. Yes the rest of it is just a theory but when a theory has stood the test of time after being validated by countless repeated experiments and lab test, only then a theory can be considered a 'law' - that is until someone else comes up with some observation in reality which cannot be linked mathematically to the theory at hand. Then the time comes for a new theory that explains the observations in reality - both old and new and still makes mathematical sense.

It is simple, if 2 + 2 did not equal to 4 then F would never be equal to G(m1)(m2)/r2. It does because it makes mathematical sense. Science is not just what Newton said or what Einstein did it's about every one of those unnamed physicists, mathematicians and biologists who have come up with new-er theories to prove the existing theory wrong and it is the cumulative failure of all those smaller theories that makes the current theory even stronger.

So instead of "oh Hesoos can fly so he must be a god because my cousin told me that because he read it in a book which was written by who knows who" ask the question "Why did Mr Hesoos fly?", "If he actually did fly, are there any physical reminiscent of his flight that exists today?", "Could Mr Hesoos really fly? If not why are so many people saying he did?", "Did a Mr Hesoos actually exist?"

No matter how silly start asking the questions, I mean give 'life' a chance.. if we figured out how to use Bitcoin coming from a single celled organism, I am sure we can figure out those unexplained observations in nature.

But in reality people tend to like 'magic' more than they like science. Just like they like reading a mystery novel more than they love memorizing the periodic table. THAT is the problem with religion, it seeks to simply universe and I think that is the real reason why atheists hate religion.

Smiley
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
December 17, 2015, 03:01:55 PM
why do ataheists need to hate from religions?
www.V.systems
December 17, 2015, 02:27:58 PM

Not everyone who testifies in court tells the truth. The thing that he does with his testimony is to make a record.

The Bible is a record of many people with testimonies. To determine if the testimonies are the truth, you need to compare them... same as in court.

Outside of a handful of scientific laws that have been proven, the greater part of science is theory. Theory is science fiction that happens to have a part in science. Yet many people believe the theory to be true. So, where is the magic?

Smiley

Reality is quite the contrary actually. Only a handful of events occur in nature that is not yet described and linked mathematically to a theory. Yes the rest of it is just a theory but when a theory has stood the test of time after being validated by countless repeated experiments and lab test, only then a theory can be considered a 'law' - that is until someone else comes up with some observation in reality which cannot be linked mathematically to the theory at hand. Then the time comes for a new theory that explains the observations in reality - both old and new and still makes mathematical sense.

It is simple, if 2 + 2 did not equal to 4 then F would never be equal to G(m1)(m2)/r2. It does because it makes mathematical sense. Science is not just what Newton said or what Einstein did it's about every one of those unnamed physicists, mathematicians and biologists who have come up with new-er theories to prove the existing theory wrong and it is the cumulative failure of all those smaller theories that makes the current theory even stronger.

So instead of "oh Hesoos can fly so he must be a god because my cousin told me that because he read it in a book which was written by who knows who" ask the question "Why did Mr Hesoos fly?", "If he actually did fly, are there any physical reminiscent of his flight that exists today?", "Could Mr Hesoos really fly? If not why are so many people saying he did?", "Did a Mr Hesoos actually exist?"

No matter how silly start asking the questions, I mean give 'life' a chance.. if we figured out how to use Bitcoin coming from a single celled organism, I am sure we can figure out those unexplained observations in nature.

But in reality people tend to like 'magic' more than they like science. Just like they like reading a mystery novel more than they love memorizing the periodic table. THAT is the problem with religion, it seeks to simply universe and I think that is the real reason why atheists hate religion.
legendary
December 17, 2015, 10:37:07 AM

Jesus said that Heaven and earth will pass away. This means that these things that we know will become non-existent.

Revelation says that there will be New Heavens and a New Earth because the old one had passed away. John saw this new universe come down from God.

Jesus who? What's his full name? Where is he from? When did he say that? Just because it is written in a piece of paper does not make it true. In fact nothing is the absolute truth unless it has stood the test of time and relentless experimentation for it's validation.

To date nothing Mr HeSoos has 'supposedly' said been proved in any scientific way, so why even have this conversation about what someone's imaginary friend said to that person? This also rings true for the millions of OTHER imaginary friends that people have come up with.

The moment they see something unexplainable they call it magic, the wrath of the gods, the kraken's poop. While in reality it could be simply be a Waterbear colony doing it's thing (stealing DNA).

Smiley
legendary
December 17, 2015, 10:28:51 AM

Yeah, that is completely true, but I must correct you... You have mentioned before Paradise and Hell and that is quite different from Heaven and Hell. Smiley

To the repentant thief on the cross with Him - Luke 23:43:
Plus, in Revelation John had visions directly from Christ and he see the New World, not the Universe. I think that you should re-read the Revelation and comeback with some new thoughts! John clearly speaking that they will be New World, New Heaven and New Israel. In other words, whole New Holly Earth where we will not have the sun, but instead of that the Supreme will be the Light for all of us!
Revelation 21:1:

"And I will be a father to you, And you shall be sons and daughters to Me," Says the Lord Almighty.''

The war in heaven is not the only thing that the Revelation talks about.

God banished Satan to earth, not to Hell.

Mate, please read my posts carefully... I know that I have some problems with my English, but I am very clear in my words. I never mention that He banish to Hell, on contrary I sad that He banish him to Earth and leave us all to live with the Satan so we can taste the Hell here and discover what is the difference between good and bad. Wink

We already have the chance to live here like in Paradise, but know we should learn that we have to earn that if we want our salvation!

I never said that you said, except when you did say.

If you really feel that living here is Paradise, then you have been very blessed in this life. There are many others wouldn't call this Paradise. But it certainly isn't Hell. If life gets too bad here, one dies. Hell will have no death in it... no escape.

Smiley
www.V.systems
December 17, 2015, 10:08:42 AM

Jesus who? What's his full name? Where is he from? When did he say that? Just because it is written in a piece of paper does not make it true. In fact nothing is the absolute truth unless it has stood the test of time and relentless experimentation for it's validation.

To date nothing Mr HeSoos has 'supposedly' said been proved in any scientific way, so why even have this conversation about what someone's imaginary friend said to that person? This also rings true for the millions of OTHER imaginary friends that people have come up with.

The moment they see something unexplainable they call it magic, the wrath of the gods, the kraken's poop. While in reality it could be simply be a Waterbear colony doing it's thing (stealing DNA).
Jump to: