Author

Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion? - page 308. (Read 901342 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
October 21, 2015, 04:42:06 PM
 A spirit vastly superior to that of man, believed by MANY eminent researchers, is worthy of consideration by everyone. No religion is implied, just a supreme being, revealed by those who seriously evaluate the evidence, like the evidence of physics as pointed out on the near-Death site (link omitted).
Activity: 555
Merit: 507
October 21, 2015, 02:06:54 PM
There are tons of people with high IQs that believe in some sort of God.

Right, plenty of people; including... Einstein!

Quote from: A. Einstein
every one who is seriously engaged in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that the laws of nature manifest the existence of a spirit vastly superior to that of men, and one in the face of which we with our modest powers must feel humble.

https://sites.google.com/site/chs4o8pt/eminent_researchers#researchers_einstein

Ah the religious quote mining.
here is the whole quote

“Everyone who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the universe – a spirit vastly superior to that of man, and one in the face of which we with our modest powers must feel humble. In this way the pursuit of science leads to a religious feeling of a special sort, which is indeed quite different from the religiosity of someone more naive.”

he also said:

“It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it.”

https://whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.com/2012/02/11/huffpo-science-section-engages-in-dishonest-quote-mining/
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1003
October 21, 2015, 01:53:36 PM

every one who is seriously engaged in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that the laws of nature manifest the existence of a spirit vastly superior to that of men, and one in the face of which we with our modest powers must feel humble.

What do you believe 1aguar?
October 21, 2015, 01:05:41 PM

Activity: 504
Merit: 500
October 21, 2015, 09:17:10 AM

Einstein's theory is predicated on there being no aether. It's been proved there is. Whoops.

As far as measuring IQs like measuring dicks, the practice is idiotic. There are tons of people with high IQs that believe in some sort of God. You'll need a different graph to prove what you said. But I'm sure people who like to think they're smarter than religious people will come up with some pretty graph to do that. Of course when everyone finds out the truth, they won't feel so smart, lol. We are to come to the Lord with a child-like innocence without pride. Because pride is a stumbling block, and the worst sin, it can keep you from an eternity in paradise.

What Einstein got wrong

Breaking relativity: Celestial signals defy Einstein

Why Einstein was wrong about relativity

Sacrificing Einstein: Relativity’s keystone has to go

Gravity: Were Newton and Einstein wrong?

Astrophile: Trio of dead stars could take on Einstein

Levitating glass bead proves Einstein wrong

What is the current status of Einstein-Aether theory of gravity?

http://aetherforce.com/the-aether-peer-reviewed-and-proven/

“I believe that I have really found the relationship between gravitation and electricity, assuming that the Miller experiments are based on a fundamental error. Otherwise, the whole relativity theory collapses like a house of cards.”
— Albert Einstein, in a letter to Robert Millikan, June 1921 (in Clark 1971, p.328)
October 21, 2015, 01:18:56 AM
The trouble with you is, you would like to do the command. You are trying to do the command. But you can't love.
According to you, I cannot love because... I do not accept that someone else has taken responsibility for my wicked actions?  Huh

If you had any love, you would teach people how to be saved the only way that they CAN be saved... through the salvation done by Jesus of the Bible.

I will not accept a dogma; the Bible is tampered; the books and doctrine therein were approved by the Church of Rome;
I use reason, I do not trust the Roman authorities with the keys to the Kingdom of God (which is within you), lest they attempt to steal my spiritual inheritance. Everyone has their own interpretation of the Bible, but God's Laws need no interpretation; I meditate upon these laws day and night and thus I am blessed (Psalms 1).

Only by knowledge will you be saved; God's people DIE for lack of knowledge. No one DIES for lack of a "SAVIOR" because there are no saviors; God's Kingdom is within you, so YOU have to do the saving.
Also, the command was "love others as yourself", and if you "do this, and [then] you shall live". The command was not "save yourself by believing that I am the son of God"; in fact, Jesus never ONCE suggested that he was your "SAVIOR".
October 21, 2015, 01:12:18 AM
Since you ignore what the Bible says at https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12690846 and https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12741055, you have no credibility in suggesting that Jesus doesn't offer salvation, yes, even to you.

I have interpreted those parts of the Bible differently, and I do not need to accept them anyway because it is a tampered book. These are the parts that you ignore:

1) he never ONCE suggested that he was your "SAVIOR".
2) WHEN ASKED IF HE WAS GOD HE SAID, “THEY say as much."
3) The New Commandment he gave was "follow my example", "love others as I have loved you"; he gave no Commandment to believe in a savior.
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
October 20, 2015, 11:43:02 PM

spoiler: it's lower than you think, especially if you believe in god(s).

Why do they call IQs between 85 and 100 to be average?  They should be "below average" - 100 is the average IQ.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU
October 20, 2015, 11:23:48 PM

spoiler: it's lower than you think, especially if you believe in god(s).
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
October 20, 2015, 08:10:14 PM

Now you're telling me the Pope is gay?    Grin

I can laugh on this as I know you are not a dead end.

The Bible tells us that Jesus is the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. He is not a dead end, and I am with Him in spirit now, and in true life through all eternity.

Smiley
legendary
October 20, 2015, 08:06:38 PM

I can laugh on this as I know you are not a dead end.
legendary
October 20, 2015, 07:54:58 PM

Why are you sorry that you are not gay? Some folks think that gay is the IN thing. You still have a chance to change your mind.    

Grin

And you respect the Pope.

legendary
October 20, 2015, 07:52:38 PM

Why are you sorry that you are not gay? Some folks think that gay is the IN thing. You still have a chance to change your mind.   

Grin

And you respect the Pope.
legendary
October 20, 2015, 07:51:37 PM

I'm not gay sorry.

Grin
legendary
October 20, 2015, 07:44:54 PM

St. Paul says that Christians own everything. Think of owning all the energy in the universe. Now, that's power.

Smiley

I'm not gay sorry.

I was just searching for a way of facing atheism, now I know (70pages and 3 months after): atheism is a dead end.
legendary
October 20, 2015, 07:42:54 PM

In the 2005 movie, Sahara, the bad guy was inadvertently dumping loads of toxic waste into the ground around the Niger River in Mali, Africa. The toxic waste was getting into the Niger, and was threatening to make it down to the Atlantic Ocean, where it would destroy ocean life, and, ultimately the Atlantic Ocean.

Dirk Pitt, and his buddy Al Giordino, had just made it into the main office of the plant to shut it down. But, there was nobody there, 'cause the bad guy was going to blow the plant, and everyone had fled so they wouldn't get killed in the explosion.

The script went like this:

Dirk Pitt: Hey, Al?
Al Giordino: Yeah.
Dirk Pitt: What would you do if you were about to be exposed as the worst polluter of modern times?
Al Giordino: I don't know. Run for president?

Smiley

Atheism is just a dead end.

And Christians like power.

St. Paul says that Christians own everything. Think of owning all the energy in the universe. Now, that's power.

Smiley
legendary
October 20, 2015, 07:41:01 PM

In the 2005 movie, Sahara, the bad guy was inadvertently dumping loads of toxic waste into the ground around the Niger River in Mali, Africa. The toxic waste was getting into the Niger, and was threatening to make it down to the Atlantic Ocean, where it would destroy ocean life, and, ultimately the Atlantic Ocean.

Dirk Pitt, and his buddy Al Giordino, had just made it into the main office of the plant to shut it down. But, there was nobody there, 'cause the bad guy was going to blow the plant, and everyone had fled so they wouldn't get killed in the explosion.

Dirk Pitt: What would you do if you were about to be exposed as the worst polluter of modern times?

Smiley

And Christians like power.
legendary
October 20, 2015, 07:35:59 PM
We just hate stupid people.  Roll Eyes

But first we feel sorry for stupid people.    Roll Eyes

BADecker for President!

Smiley
legendary
October 20, 2015, 07:14:57 PM
We just hate stupid people.  Roll Eyes

But first we feel sorry for stupid people.    Roll Eyes

BADecker for President!

legendary
October 20, 2015, 05:54:13 PM
Like I said, when we see the exhortations of Jesus as invitations to join him on a higher spiritual plane, his words suddenly make sense.

1) he never ONCE suggested that he was your "SAVIOR".
2) WHEN ASKED IF HE WAS GOD HE SAID, “THEY say as much."
3) The New Commandment he gave was "follow my example", "love others as I have loved you"; he gave no Commandment to believe in a savior.

He speaks to the individual who wants to find God as a personal experience, to attain what some might call grace, or God-consciousness, or enlightenment. This point is made especially clear in Chopra's book "The Third Jesus".

Jesus wanted his followers to evolve, to reach awareness of the Kingdom of God within.

The cosmic Christ is the spiritual guide whose teaching embraces all humanity, not just the church built in his name. Christianity needs to overcome its tendency to be exclusionary and refocus on being a religion of personal insight and spiritual growth. In this way Jesus can be seen for the universal teacher he truly is--someone whose teachings of compassion, tolerance, and understanding can embrace and be embraced by all of us.

In a simplistic way, Jesus wanted His followers to "evolve" to a true understanding of God and salvation.

Since you ignore what the Bible says at https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12690846 and https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12741055, you have no credibility in suggesting that Jesus doesn't offer salvation, yes, even to you.

Smiley
Jump to: