Author

Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion? - page 303. (Read 901342 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
October 31, 2015, 06:26:28 PM
Since you won't accept your Phoenix Journals when they express the Bible to be supreme, how could anyone expect that you would accept anything?

Quote it, please.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
October 31, 2015, 06:05:08 PM
This God is what the God of the Bible is. It is only when you allow yourself to be attached to Him that you can be considered to be a god. He is willing to so attach you, but you need to do it through the truth written in His Bible.

Not willing to surrender my discernment to your Bible; it has been tampered with. I post from Phoenix Journals so that you can use this material to do your own thinking.

It's not my Bible. I have my copies with me.

Since you won't accept your Phoenix Journals when they express the Bible to be supreme, how could anyone expect that you would accept anything?

Smiley
October 31, 2015, 12:14:53 AM
This God is what the God of the Bible is. It is only when you allow yourself to be attached to Him that you can be considered to be a god. He is willing to so attach you, but you need to do it through the truth written in His Bible.

Not willing to surrender my discernment to your Bible; it has been tampered with. I post from Phoenix Journals so that you can use this material to do your own thinking.
legendary
October 30, 2015, 11:19:12 PM

But on the other hand, "Jesus" Sananda tells us that man is all-powerful; this means that God is within man:
I am your brother, NOT your God! I am merely more advanced in my understanding of the nature of my being. I have accepted my place as a co-creator, and I have mastered the physical arena. I am merely an example for you ones to focus upon so as to know that there are no limitations that you must accept. Let go of the idea that you “can’t” for this is a LIE! You CAN do anything you can imagine! When the belief is pure enough, all is possible. When you doubt, even for a moment, so too will the manifestation of your desire be diminished or negated by the countering energy set forth by your doubt. Letting go of past limiting beliefs is the only way to progress forward in understanding and growth.

The problem with this kind of thinking is, the gods (people) that believe that Jesus of the Bible is God, are making it to be this way. Jesus is God because the gods are making Him to be God by believing Him to be such. Thus, Jesus is God above and beyond all gods, because the gods are making it to be like this.

The fight between the gods who are making the various "super-gods" to be the one great god has, as its failure, the fact that there really IS a One Great God, without the thinking or deeming of mankind, or the god-like delegating of Godness to a certain being. God exists in His own capacity, without (outside of) mankind, and even without the angels and aliens.

Smiley
legendary
October 30, 2015, 11:03:59 PM
I don't hate religion I just think that many people who have religion push their beliefs on others.  I think that many problems are caused by religion and that religion serves as a comfort, hiding place for many people.  I speak only for myself. I don't hate religion and I don't believe in it. "There are thousands of paths, they all lead nowhere. U must ask yourself one question:"Does this path have a heart?" If it does, the path is good, if it doesn`t it is of no use."

I'm assuming (and hopefully correctly) that you are referring to Religion and God in connection with what could be considered the more mainstream beliefs like Islam, Christianity, and the likes. I would like to say that I don't disagree with you entirely but would also like to shed light on many other beliefs that seem to be buried by views that religion is pushed.

First I would like to note that there are two types of Gods. The Natural (immanent) God and the Supernatural (transcendent) God. Immanant of course is all those that exist in space and time in our current physical realm that is to say earth is of course natural as is the moon and the sun. Transcendent is all those that exist on another plane and contain places like heaven and hell that are separate from our reality as we see it and would be associated with monotheistic religions.

Immanant beliefs would be those like

1. Scientific Pantheism
    -Imminent world is god but is based on reason and is observed in writings by Thomas Aquinas and Spinoza. Einstein would claim to be this early in his life.
2. Religious Pantheism
    -Imminent world is god but is based on faith and is associated with Taoism
3. Pandeism
    -One aspect of the Imminent world that is considered god. A plurality of nature and the Universe itself can be considered this plurality I suppose.
4. Poly-Pandeism (Animism)
    -Many aspects, though particular, of the imminent world that is considered god.

**Pan of course would mean Nature or natural and is observed in many words like Pandemic, demic being disaster and thus meaning Natural Disaster.

Transcendent Beliefs would follow

5. Polytheism
    -Ancient greek gods. Gods that are transcendent with distributed power. Has control over natural events while in the transcendent realm. Zues as an example is in the transcendent realm but has control over lightning in the natural. This control of course is without having passed through to the imminent realm.

-Monotheism also falls within transcendent realm but is broken down into different aspects.

6. God is all-powerful + God is not all good
7. God is not all-powerful + God is all good
8. God is not all-powerful + God is not all good (Epicurus would argue that this is no god at all)
9. God is all powerful + God is all good

*one should be careful as they believe and need to figure out whether they are appeasing god or worshiping god.

There is also those that fall within both and Vans Genepp would explain its connection as the Axis Mundi which is the axle to allow contact between the immanent and transcendent worlds

10. Panentheism
      -Nature inside of god and god inside of nature. Man as nature and made of god where this making also lives within. Associated with the story of Prajapati where he was dismembered and these pieces would ultimately become earth and with this dismemberment, man will then choose to put the pieces back together in order to remember. Einstein would claim to be this before his death.

And the list wouldn't be complete without the following

11. Agnosticism
    -Gnosis is greek for knowledge and A+gnosis would be "No Knowledge" or simply put, "I do not know." This person is awaiting further evidence to allow them to properly decide to believe in god or even disbelieve. x or not x.
12. Atheism
    -Believes there is no god -- Regardless of proof or no proof.
13. Non-theism
    -Doesnt understand why people even care about the belief and even disbelief in god and also doesn't care about proof or no proof. Confucianism is non-theistic.

You are right when you say that there are many paths and its up to people to ultimately choose. We must also understand that out of all those on the list very few of them actually force an agenda onto others. The K-12 doctorination has created a void where this knowledge should exist. Based on your assumption that it give people a place to hide, well this is true, but even the belief in nothing is a hiding place.

Also you cannot not hate something and then also not beleive it. By not hating it you acknowledge that it exists and then create contradiction to whatever point you are trying to make. Now regardless of what you feel, religion exists whether we like or not. Its what religion believes in that you ultimately don't believe but also understand that if you are for the big bang or whatever creation story you wish to follow, you are believing in some form a god and fall within the natural realm. To escape this altogether you fall within number 12 or 13.

Lastly, you say that all paths lead no where but then exclaim that if a path has a heart then therefore it is good and if it is good then it is of use. Now what's the point of path that has use but leads no where?

And for whats its worth I would fall under number 13.

Good break-down of various aspects of religion.

I would add that this logic about religion is done with the conscious mind. The subconscious mind is a difficult thing to examine. It is a much "larger" aspect of mentality than the conscious mind. Asking it questions often causes it to dredge up answers that it knows naturally, and hand these answers to the conscious mind. The problem is that it makes up some of the answers, rather than giving truth, depending on how it is asked.

What does the subconscious mind know as truth about religion? And what is it allowing the conscious mind to understand just to keep peace? - even though the peace-keeping is not necessarily the truth.

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1135
Merit: 1001
October 30, 2015, 10:25:21 PM
Atheists has many discriptions. I too am. But its not like that i hate it, its just i dont understand the logic. But i admire people who are into church because they get to learn helpful things like instruments and music. The learning oppurtunity is there.

And outside the church too. Many religious people do good work and contribute positively to society. But no need to join a religion to do those things. It isn't the religion that decides to do them, it's the person.
not really, religion is a community and it do encourages people to do stuff ,people are connected to each eother and when they see a large group of people into something they get interested...however,the choice is always their decision.

Right but it isn't the only community you can join to do things you want. That was my point. Join a local school to learn music. Or form a small band with friends. Or one of many other choices. Why bring religion into it? Unless that is what you want in the first place.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1003
October 30, 2015, 05:10:54 AM
Are you replying to me?  I am not sure what you are asking.

Huh

Of course you are not sure: you are blessing Satan!

Best regards.
October 30, 2015, 04:29:34 AM
13. Non-theism
    -Doesnt understand why people even care about the belief and even disbelief in god and also doesn't care about proof or no proof. Confucianism is non-theistic.

That is interesting, and I suppose the point here is that everyone hopes for truth, solace, and peace of mind. I have heard God's messenger Hatonn say something like that about himself: that it does not matter WHO he is or even if he is real--what matters is the valid truth brought to us by those speakers who KNOW GOD; these ones will always say that God has NO LIMITATIONS; it is important to be cautious when seeking truth, but also to seek it diligently for if ye seek it in earnest then indeed ye shall find that which ye sought; this below quote is from a very revealing and interesting chapter, so I will quote it at length here along with other relevant quotes that I have chosen:

Lastly, you say that all paths lead no where but then exclaim that if a path has a heart then therefore it is good and if it is good then it is of use. Now what's the point of path that has use but leads no where?
That phrase is not his own, it is from Castaneda who also says "a path with heart is easy; it does not make you work at liking it".
legendary
October 30, 2015, 03:32:27 AM
Atheists has many discriptions. I too am. But its not like that i hate it, its just i dont understand the logic. But i admire people who are into church because they get to learn helpful things like instruments and music. The learning oppurtunity is there.

The logic is this.

Nobody knows the future. Nobody!. Not even a second into the future. Experience teaches that things should be okay in the future. But often they are not.

The logic of religion is to find comfort in knowing that the future is in the hands of whatever "Divine" there is, and that the Divine will make things work out for the good, even though things appear bad at times.

Some people simply have not thought deeply about the fact that nobody knows the future. Some people don't have fear.

Smiley
legendary
October 30, 2015, 03:26:15 AM
I hate organized religion because it is a tool to control the masses.

You know this. But the masses don't. If they did, they would not allow themselves to be controlled.

You should be happy with religion. It is offering you, a person of understanding, a method for controlling the masses, so you can get rich.

Cheesy
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
October 30, 2015, 01:02:08 AM
I hate organized religion because it is a tool to control the masses.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
October 30, 2015, 12:39:54 AM
I don't hate religion I just think that many people who have religion push their beliefs on others.  I think that many problems are caused by religion and that religion serves as a comfort, hiding place for many people.  I speak only for myself. I don't hate religion and I don't believe in it. "There are thousands of paths, they all lead nowhere. U must ask yourself one question:"Does this path have a heart?" If it does, the path is good, if it doesn`t it is of no use."

Religion is one of the biggest problems in the world. If all those religious people would turn to worship true living God, world would be way more peaceful and better place to live.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
October 30, 2015, 12:12:24 AM

And outside the church too. Many religious people do good work and contribute positively to society. But no need to join a religion to do those things. It isn't the religion that decides to do them, it's the person.
not really, religion is a community and it do encourages people to do stuff ,people are connected to each eother and when they see a large group of people into something they get interested...however,the choice is always their decision.
Activity: 994
Merit: 500
October 30, 2015, 12:10:00 AM

I'm assuming (and hopefully correctly) that you are referring to Religion and God in connection with what could be considered the more mainstream beliefs like Islam, Christianity, and the likes. I would like to say that I don't disagree with you entirely but would also like to shed light on many other beliefs that seem to be buried by views that religion is pushed.

First I would like to note that there are two types of Gods. The Natural (immanent) God and the Supernatural (transcendent) God. Immanant of course is all those that exist in space and time in our current physical realm that is to say earth is of course natural as is the moon and the sun. Transcendent is all those that exist on another plane and contain places like heaven and hell that are separate from our reality as we see it and would be associated with monotheistic religions.

Immanant beliefs would be those like

1. Scientific Pantheism
    -Imminent world is god but is based on reason and is observed in writings by Thomas Aquinas and Spinoza. Einstein would claim to be this early in his life.
2. Religious Pantheism
    -Imminent world is god but is based on faith and is associated with Taoism
3. Pandeism
    -One aspect of the Imminent world that is considered god. A plurality of nature and the Universe itself can be considered this plurality I suppose.
4. Poly-Pandeism (Animism)
    -Many aspects, though particular, of the imminent world that is considered god.

**Pan of course would mean Nature or natural and is observed in many words like Pandemic, demic being disaster and thus meaning Natural Disaster.

Transcendent Beliefs would follow

5. Polytheism
    -Ancient greek gods. Gods that are transcendent with distributed power. Has control over natural events while in the transcendent realm. Zues as an example is in the transcendent realm but has control over lightning in the natural. This control of course is without having passed through to the imminent realm.

-Monotheism also falls within transcendent realm but is broken down into different aspects.

6. God is all-powerful + God is not all good
7. God is not all-powerful + God is all good
8. God is not all-powerful + God is not all good (Epicurus would argue that this is no god at all)
9. God is all powerful + God is all good

*one should be careful as they believe and need to figure out whether they are appeasing god or worshiping god.

There is also those that fall within both and Vans Genepp would explain its connection as the Axis Mundi which is the axle to allow contact between the immanent and transcendent worlds

10. Panentheism
      -Nature inside of god and god inside of nature. Man as nature and made of god where this making also lives within. Associated with the story of Prajapati where he was dismembered and these pieces would ultimately become earth and with this dismemberment, man will then choose to put the pieces back together in order to remember. Einstein would claim to be this before his death.

And the list wouldn't be complete without the following

11. Agnosticism
    -Gnosis is greek for knowledge and A+gnosis would be "No Knowledge" or simply put, "I do not know." This person is awaiting further evidence to allow them to properly decide to believe in god or even disbelieve. x or not x.
12. Atheism
    -Believes there is no god -- Regardless of proof or no proof.
13. Non-theism

You are right when you say that there are many paths and its up to people to ultimately choose. We must also understand that out of all those on the list very few of them actually force an agenda onto others. The K-12 doctorination has created a void where this knowledge should exist. Based on your assumption that it give people a place to hide, well this is true, but even the belief in nothing is a hiding place.

Also you cannot not hate something and then also not beleive it. By not hating it you acknowledge that it exists and then create contradiction to whatever point you are trying to make. Now regardless of what you feel, religion exists whether we like or not. Its what religion believes in that you ultimately don't believe but also understand that if you are for the big bang or whatever creation story you wish to follow, you are believing in some form a god and fall within the natural realm. To escape this altogether you fall within number 12 or 13.

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU
October 29, 2015, 09:29:35 PM
Do you really want to call Satan for this?

How do you like it?
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1126
October 29, 2015, 08:50:51 PM
Are you replying to me?  I am not sure what you are asking.

Huh
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1003
October 29, 2015, 08:47:22 AM
My name is Mary Magdalene and I am a survivor. God raped me and then told the court it was an immaculate conception. Being unscientific sexist bronze-age assholes, the court sided with him and I was refused the option to abort my rape-baby.

Outstanding!

Welcome to the 2,000 year-old Christian patriarchy, Mary!

Thanks for illustrating my point about religion being a TOOL for men to control women.

Religion sucks.

Angry

Think for yourself, goddammit.

Live your own truth.

User Beliathon is posting about satan every 6/7 pages.

Do you really want to call Satan for this?

Best regards.
legendary
October 29, 2015, 07:40:41 AM

The last couple of lines in your post are aimed in the right direction.

If there were no formal religion, everybody would have reason to do anything that he wanted. The basis for this is that there is no authority greater than man, and one man is just as good as another. If my personal law suggests that I can go out and kill and steal to my heart's content, it would be just as good of a law as yours that suggests that you (or I) can't do these "bad" things. There would be anarchy.

Practically speaking, even if there were no revelation of any kind from God, there would always be religion. Why? Because people are always insecure about not knowing any of the future. The operations of the universe, nature, and life, are way too complicated and complex to allow anybody to see any of the future for a fact. People need security. They will always have religion for such security.

Even if science were not a religion, ask yourself, how much does science really know? How much can it really do? The complexity of the universe has made it so that, even with the best of science that is around, we can't use it to extend our lives even to 200 years. But, if there is science that can do this, it requires a lot of machinery and equipment to make it work for one person. The slaves that make it work for one person will die. Thus, the science god isn't any better than any other god.

The point is, even though wars are fought because of differences in religion, religion is necessary because it suggests the good and right things to do to make community living a working thing. Otherwise there would be anarchy... real anarchy of each person against everyone else.

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1179
October 28, 2015, 11:23:49 PM
legendary
Activity: 1135
Merit: 1001
October 28, 2015, 11:22:31 PM

Jump to: