Author

Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion? - page 311. (Read 901342 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
October 20, 2015, 01:07:57 PM
It appears as though you have read none of my posts, so you have no context.
To please God is simple, just obey the laws of God; these rules do not need any interpretation.
I have posted evidence of the afterlife in this thread, but
Unfortunately no atheist was able to give a rational account of that evidence,
So it would be wise to consider how the Golden Rule relates to Karma.
Activity: 1778
Merit: 764
www.V.systems
October 20, 2015, 01:00:00 PM
I've said it before. Will say it again. Religion is nothing more than mind control. It is the simplest way to tap into every human being's most basic instinct : Fear. You control that and all of civilization is nothing more than a simple herd of sheep.

Except Christianity is based in loving everyone and not being afraid, lol.

Right, loving everyone because of the example of one man is the essence of Christianity.
He was an example to us, and he said that God resides within.
If you search for God outside of yourself, you will never find God thereby.

Hahaha that's fuckin hilarious. 5000 + gods/ goddesses / deities on Earth over the course of mankind's existence ... but just your religion is the only right one lol

psst... everyone thinks the same about the religion they believe in. Even Christianity is based on fear. The fear of 'the Judgement day'.

Dig deep enough with an open mind, the answer's always the same.

Good job if that was a troll post.
October 20, 2015, 12:54:54 PM
I've said it before. Will say it again. Religion is nothing more than mind control. It is the simplest way to tap into every human being's most basic instinct : Fear. You control that and all of civilization is nothing more than a simple herd of sheep.

Right, loving everyone because of the example of one man is the essence of Christianity.
He was an example to us, and he said that God resides within.
If you search for God outside of yourself, you will never find God thereby.
He said that we should love in accord with his example, that was his final command and it has nothing to do with "belief".
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
October 20, 2015, 11:20:42 AM

October 20, 2015, 11:03:11 AM
WHY DO ATHEISTS (like me) HATE RELIGION ?
i think because you and other atheis hate rules,hate any ritual of religion. that just my opinion,and i'm so corious why you decide to be atheis??
Activity: 1778
Merit: 764
www.V.systems
October 20, 2015, 10:55:32 AM
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU
October 20, 2015, 10:18:47 AM
Let me tell you something about God - his time is over now. We gave him his ten millennia, and now he's had his full of you. He's gone, and it's our time for the next ten thousand years.

Spiritu tuo conteram discipulorum Christi.

Hora aditus.
Activity: 616
October 20, 2015, 09:34:32 AM
You don't need some grubby made up story of evolution or dubious atheist cult to tell you how to live your life.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1003
October 20, 2015, 07:51:32 AM
Generally old traumas coming from believer times or childhood affect our behaviour.
I personally don't hate religions all all but if someone tries to impose their religion on me, I get mad.

It's called instruction and lead to Science.

Best regards.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1028
October 20, 2015, 04:56:00 AM
Generally old traumas coming from believer times or childhood affect our behaviour.
I personally don't hate religions all all but if someone tries to impose their religion on me, I get mad.
Activity: 553
October 20, 2015, 01:49:10 AM
You don't even understand the idea of responsibility. And here's why.
i am not sure if i have the idea or not (not much i care about) but i do know that i dont label people while having a convo...

Since we don't have free will, how can we take responsibility for anything? Here's how.
if we dont have a free will then who made the technology ? who controls the economy ? gold etc...
as we speak of chemicals inside me ,yes they belong to me, not to any spiritual god ....so it me again.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
October 19, 2015, 08:04:05 PM
When was the last time you gave everything you have to a homeless person, if you are a christian? If they aren't christians as you say then 99% of the others who say they are, aren't either.
1 John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. 8 The one who does not love does not know God, for God is love.

There is not one Jesus, Chopra writes, but three:
First, there is the historical Jesus, the man who lived more than two thousand years ago and whose teachings are the foundation of Christian theology and thought. Next, there is Jesus the Son of God, who has come to embody an institutional religion with specific dogma, a priesthood, and devout believers. And finally, there is the third Jesus, the cosmic Christ, the spiritual guide whose teaching embraces all humanity, not just the church built in his name. He speaks to the individual who wants to find God as a personal experience, to attain what some might call grace, or God-consciousness, or enlightenment.
When we take Jesus literally, we are faced with the impossible. How can we truly "love thy neighbor as thyself"? But when we see the exhortations of Jesus as invitations to join him on a higher spiritual plane, his words suddenly make sense.
Ultimately, Chopra argues, Christianity needs to overcome its tendency to be exclusionary and refocus on being a religion of personal insight and spiritual growth. In this way Jesus can be seen for the universal teacher he truly is--someone whose teachings of compassion, tolerance, and understanding can embrace and be embraced by all of us.
Jesus wanted his followers to evolve, to reach awareness of the Kingdom of God within. Although Jesus often sounds absolute, simplifying Karma into a matter of avoiding sin and obeying the law, the gospels still present a good deal of wisdom about how to live on the spiritual path.
His version of Karma can be summarized as follows:
Every action leads to a result.
Good actions have good results, bad actions bad results.
Every action is seen and weighed. Nothing can be hidden or kept secret.
If your actions are good, you will grow spiritually.
As you grow, your thoughts and wishes will manifest in the material world. Karma operates faster and more consciously.
God's intention is to make your actions turn out for the best. His ultimate concern is to bring you into the Kingdom, where the soul is freed from the law of Karma.

Everyone knows the Golden Rule, but this is a statement about Karma, not just about how to act morally toward other people.
Jesus implies something deeper, that when you follow the Golden Rule, you are acting as God does (Matthew 7:9-12). What makes it hard to treat others the way we want to be treated is that others may be the cause of misery, pain, and injustice. But Jesus points out that each of us is evil in his or her own way, in that we all commit wrongdoing, and yet God provides abundantly and with love. This is a compelling description of how someone acts in God-consciousness.

You are limiting yourself. Head on over to Mexico and you will find a whole lot more Jesuses.

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
October 19, 2015, 08:02:15 PM
Precisely.

Religion divides people & facilitates war & strife. 

Religion is used as an excuse to enslave others & invade countries.

It is used to control women & their bodies.

The Old Testament is over 5000 years old; the New Testament is over 2000 years old.

Religion is still barbaric. 

Dark Ages are over.  Maybe that's why Atheists & Agnostics dislike religion.

Exactly! And the worst religion for doing all this stuff is, atheism.   Smiley
October 19, 2015, 06:27:25 PM

Because the bible does more than tell us how to live our life on earth, it's about how to live on earth to get to live in a sinless peaceful eternity forever after we die.

In fact, the peace and power that we have to get out of sin is written about in the bible. Where most people are tied to their addictions here and now and don't know how to quit, the bible shows us a way to get over them through Jesus.

I disagree: Bible told you how to live your life on Earth very clearly.

Lots of fatigue.

Best regards.

I didn't say it doesn't.
legendary
October 19, 2015, 06:14:55 PM
You don't need some grubby old book or dubious religious cult to tell you how to live your life, why not just use your common sense?

Because common sense is not in the book, there is fear of God, Wisdom, Respect and Science, but not common sense.

You are on a dead end "buddy".

Best regards.

Because the bible does more than tell us how to live our life on earth, it's about how to live on earth to get to live in a sinless peaceful eternity forever after we die.

In fact, the peace and power that we have to get out of sin is written about in the bible. Where most people are tied to their addictions here and now and don't know how to quit, the bible shows us a way to get over them through Jesus.

I disagree: Bible told you how to live your life on Earth very clearly.

Lots of fatigue.

Best regards.
October 19, 2015, 04:34:58 PM
Dear you are wrong here, Religion not divide people it tell you how to live your life the difference is that some people follow right thing and some are following wrong...
You don't need some grubby old book or dubious religious cult to tell you how to live your life, why not just use your common sense?

I've relied on mine in life and it's fared me well enough so far.

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1016
October 19, 2015, 03:52:40 PM
Dear you are wrong here, Religion not divide people it tell you how to live your life the difference is that some people follow right thing and some are following wrong...

I've relied on mine in life and it's fared me well enough so far.
October 18, 2015, 06:26:36 PM
When was the last time you gave everything you have to a homeless person, if you are a christian? If they aren't christians as you say then 99% of the others who say they are, aren't either.
1 John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. 8 The one who does not love does not know God, for God is love.

There is not one Jesus, Chopra writes, but three:
First, there is the historical Jesus, the man who lived more than two thousand years ago and whose teachings are the foundation of Christian theology and thought. Next, there is Jesus the Son of God, who has come to embody an institutional religion with specific dogma, a priesthood, and devout believers. And finally, there is the third Jesus, the cosmic Christ, the spiritual guide whose teaching embraces all humanity, not just the church built in his name. He speaks to the individual who wants to find God as a personal experience, to attain what some might call grace, or God-consciousness, or enlightenment.
When we take Jesus literally, we are faced with the impossible. How can we truly "love thy neighbor as thyself"? But when we see the exhortations of Jesus as invitations to join him on a higher spiritual plane, his words suddenly make sense.
Ultimately, Chopra argues, Christianity needs to overcome its tendency to be exclusionary and refocus on being a religion of personal insight and spiritual growth. In this way Jesus can be seen for the universal teacher he truly is--someone whose teachings of compassion, tolerance, and understanding can embrace and be embraced by all of us.
Jesus wanted his followers to evolve, to reach awareness of the Kingdom of God within. Although Jesus often sounds absolute, simplifying Karma into a matter of avoiding sin and obeying the law, the gospels still present a good deal of wisdom about how to live on the spiritual path.
His version of Karma can be summarized as follows:
Every action leads to a result.
Good actions have good results, bad actions bad results.
Every action is seen and weighed. Nothing can be hidden or kept secret.
If your actions are good, you will grow spiritually.
As you grow, your thoughts and wishes will manifest in the material world. Karma operates faster and more consciously.
God's intention is to make your actions turn out for the best. His ultimate concern is to bring you into the Kingdom, where the soul is freed from the law of Karma.

Everyone knows the Golden Rule, but this is a statement about Karma, not just about how to act morally toward other people.
Jesus implies something deeper, that when you follow the Golden Rule, you are acting as God does (Matthew 7:9-12). What makes it hard to treat others the way we want to be treated is that others may be the cause of misery, pain, and injustice. But Jesus points out that each of us is evil in his or her own way, in that we all commit wrongdoing, and yet God provides abundantly and with love. This is a compelling description of how someone acts in God-consciousness.
legendary
October 18, 2015, 01:14:22 PM
Atheism divides people & facilitates war & strife. 

Atheism is used as an excuse to enslave others & invade countries.

The Old Testament is over 5000 years old; the New Testament is over 2000 years old.

Atheism is still barbaric. 

Dark Ages are over.  Maybe that's why Atheists & Agnostics dislike religion because they
want to bring those times back.

That's poetry.
Activity: 616
October 18, 2015, 12:55:23 PM
Atheism divides people & facilitates war & strife. 

Atheism is used as an excuse to enslave others & invade countries.

Atheism is still barbaric. 

Dark Ages are over.  Maybe that's why Atheists & Agnostics dislike religion because they
want to bring those times back.
Jump to: