Author

Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion? - page 310. (Read 901342 times)

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1016
October 20, 2015, 04:34:26 PM
You have taught US poorly if your claim that Christ claimed to be a "savior" cannot stand up to scrutiny.

Precisely.

There is no sound reason to believe Christ is our savior. Even slightly poking this huge claim it crashes down in flames.
There is only one thing keeping this house of cards savior thing up. Wishful thinking.

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
October 20, 2015, 04:32:32 PM
you're still saved by believing in Jesus Christ.
That is a false doctrine (LIE), it does not stand up to reason, and “faith without works is without meaning", as I have summarized here:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12690812

I'm not re-writing Christianity, it's just that most people are taught about it poorly.
You have taught US poorly if your claim that Christ claimed to be a "savior" cannot stand up to scrutiny. That claim is in error because it does not stand up to reason; your tampered book cannot be the "substance" that backs up your claim.

Follow the "errors" and you are totally LOST. Continue in ignorance and you end up likewise lost. Deliberately continue in ignorance to salve ego and possible change of perception--AND YOU HAVE DELIBERATELY CHOSEN AGAINST GOD. "You are either for me or ye be against me," sayeth the Lord God. How will you recognize God? By his wishy-washy homage to every error YOU make? I suggest you reconsider your position.

It is not a LIE. It stands up to reason. And here is how.

Perfection is required for the universe to exist. Think about it. All the laws of the universe need to act perfectly. If even one of them fails in the least bit of perfection, the universe comes crashing down in a blinding cascade of destruction.

Perfection is required in at least 2 ways:
1. You can't make something work as well as the universe works together without perfection;
2. God can't stand imperfection so much, that He can't even stand the shadow of imperfection.

When Adam and Eve sinned (and all the rest of us later), the universe should have dissolved for the two above reasons. But God has His reasons for not destroying it. Rather, He brought it back to perfection. You can't do such. I can't do such. Only God can.

God did it by sending His Son, Jesus, in the form of a man - it was man who sinned, so it was man who had to pay. Being God as well as man, Jesus could take the punishment for imperfection that us weaker people couldn't take. It was the perfection of Jesus, and the strength of God that Jesus is, that upheld the universe at the same time it was turning away the imperfection from the eyes of God.

God had desired to give mankind the graces of the universe before the time of the fall into sin. Jesus took the punishment and upheld the universe, all the whole time so that He could give it all back to mankind as God had intended in the first place. That's a part of the perfection.

But neither the Father nor Jesus are going to downplay the role of Jesus in the whole thing. They are perfectly honest. And that is why you need Jesus. Because you can't do it even for yourself. You are imperfect. And you need to admit to Jesus perfection to be honest and truthful.

If you don't pick up and use the honest truth of Jesus doing it for you, you are dead and gone. Don't lock yourself into death by dying without Jesus.

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1003
October 20, 2015, 04:28:27 PM
Just because people were taught something different, doesn't make it so, the bible is clear on this point.

Yes, and here is the clarity: Only through “. . . works can a man be known” and “faith without works is without meaning.”

If the shoes of sanctity fit--I suggest you take them out of your mouth and place them on your feet.

Who of you fellas were talking about wolf in sheep's clothing?
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
October 20, 2015, 04:21:09 PM
Just because people were taught something different, doesn't make it so, the bible is clear on this point.

Yes, and here is the clarity: Only through “. . . works can a man be known” and “faith without works is without meaning.”

If the shoes of sanctity fit--I suggest you take them out of your mouth and place them on your feet.
October 20, 2015, 04:16:44 PM
you're still saved by believing in Jesus Christ.
That is a false doctrine (LIE), it does not stand up to reason, and you shall not dump your sins and errors, evil and law-breaking actions upon a MAN by any name--dead or alive.

I have summarized the reasons for not believing the lie here:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12690812

I'm not re-writing Christianity, it's just that most people are taught about it poorly.
You have taught US poorly if your claim that Christ claimed to be a "savior" cannot stand up to scrutiny. That claim is in error because it does not stand up to reason and even your tampered book does not support that claim, as I have pointed out.

Follow the "errors" and you are totally LOST. Continue in ignorance and you end up likewise lost. Deliberately continue in ignorance to salve ego and possible change of perception--AND YOU HAVE DELIBERATELY CHOSEN AGAINST GOD. "You are either for me or ye be against me," sayeth the Lord God. How will you recognize God? By his wishy-washy homage to every error YOU make? I suggest you reconsider your position.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
October 20, 2015, 04:04:52 PM
Even Christianity is based on fear. The fear of 'the Judgement day'.

That just doesn't make sense. If you believe, there's nothing to fear from judgement, because believing in Jesus saving us means we won't be judged for our sins at the judgement, and if you don't believe, well you aren't going to be afraid of something you don't believe in, right?

This is actually a fundamental problem- Christianity takes away responsibility and gives all responsibility to Jesus, which kind of makes all of the ethical codes unnecessary, although Jesus emphasizes the permanence of the old testament law. Just one of many contradictions. You can really see the development of Christian theology if you read church history, although I think the council of Nicea was one of the definitive moments.

It doesn't take away responsibility, because once you're saved and have the Holy Spirit inside of you, you will feel convicted of your sin and want to stop doing it. You will become more Christ-like as you live and follow the commandments.

Yes, and what drives you to stop doing it? FEAR of what will happen if you don't.

You seem to be obsessed about molding Christianity into something it isn't. Everybody knows what it is, why it was invented, what it stands for, how it spreads, the rules it's sets down for followers etc...
It seems pointless to me painting it into a different picture when everyone already knows what the picture looks like. Majority of people it was drilled into them at childhood.

What stops you from doing it is not fear of what will happen if you don't. Because if you don't, you're still saved by believing in Jesus Christ.

I'm not re-writing Christianity, it's just that most people are taught about it poorly. People all around the world try to use it to pressure others into doing things to save themselves and using fear of punishment if you don't.

But Christianity means you aren't saved by the things you do or the things you don't do. You're saved by the grace of the Lord alone.

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9 not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Just because people were taught something different, doesn't make it so, the bible is clear on this point. Doing something or not doing it will NOT get you into heaven. So there's nothing to fear if you have the grace of the Lord by believing in Jesus, no matter what you've done or haven't done.

1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love. 19We love, because He first loved us
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
October 20, 2015, 03:44:55 PM
You are on a dead end "buddy".

Best regards.
Since you've admitted turning your back to God by worshipping man (i.e. The Pope), maybe it's you who has hit that dead end. Something to think about...

That just doesn't make sense. If you believe, there's nothing to fear from judgement, because believing in Jesus saving us means we won't be judged for our sins at the judgement, and if you don't believe, well you aren't going to be afraid of something you don't believe in, right?

This is actually a fundamental problem- Christianity takes away responsibility and gives all responsibility to Jesus, which kind of makes all of the ethical codes unnecessary, although Jesus emphasizes the permanence of the old testament law. Just one of many contradictions. You can really see the development of Christian theology if you read church history, although I think the council of Nicea was one of the definitive moments.

It doesn't take away responsibility, because once you're saved and have the Holy Spirit inside of you, you will feel convicted of your sin and want to stop doing it. You will become more Christ-like as you live and follow the commandments.

Yes, and what drives you to stop doing it? FEAR of what will happen if you don't.

You seem to be obsessed about molding Christianity into something it isn't. Everybody knows what it is, why it was invented, what it stands for, how it spreads, the rules it's sets down for followers etc...
It seems pointless to me painting it into a different picture when everyone already knows what the picture looks like. Majority of people it was drilled into them at childhood.

Yes. Fear. Fear of what?

Fluffer. Make a grain of sand. Make a planet. Make a universe.

Aren't you a little in awe of a guy who is big enough to beat the s**t out of you? If he has a gun, even though he doesn't use it, aren't you at least a little bit apprehensive in his presence?, especially if he has the gun out of its holster?

You better learn about God and fear Him a bit. Even though He offers forgiveness, there will come a time when He will withdraw the offer from all those who won't accept it. And His power is way beyond the power of a big man who has a gun out of its holster. Don't tick God off if you know what's good for you.

Smiley
legendary
October 20, 2015, 03:29:46 PM

You seems obsessed with Christianity.

You are in a dead end "buddy".

Best regards.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1016
October 20, 2015, 03:25:32 PM
You are on a dead end "buddy".

Best regards.
Since you've admitted turning your back to God by worshipping man (i.e. The Pope), maybe it's you who has hit that dead end. Something to think about...

October 20, 2015, 02:36:40 PM

Activity: 728
October 20, 2015, 02:27:53 PM

legendary
October 20, 2015, 02:26:46 PM

The cycle is like that: Fear of God -> Wisdom -> Respect -> Science.

You can find this all over the Book of Proverbs.

Best regards.
October 20, 2015, 02:11:20 PM
It appears as though you have read none of my posts, so you have no context.
To please God is simple, just obey the laws of God; these rules do not need any interpretation.
I have posted evidence of the afterlife in this thread, but
Unfortunately no atheist was able to give a rational account of that evidence,
So it would be wise to consider how the Golden Rule relates to Karma.

Sorry to burst your bubble but I have debunked many such theories of afterlife and 'Oh Just love my God' ideologies. They all serve the same purpose. To get rid of guilt and to be NOT afraid when it's time for the so called judgement. All religions are the same.

I have no interest in indulging you by even trying to read your pro-religious stuff that you have written here neither do I have any interest in learning your theories of afterlife. However if you believe you are onto something factual do yourself a favor, write a paper, get it peer reviewed and publish your findings.

You can read "Irreducible Mind", it was published and reviewed recently.
October 20, 2015, 01:57:36 PM

legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 1654
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
October 20, 2015, 01:44:28 PM
Wtf ?! this thread is still up ?

Why Did you Posted this? Does the Atheist Gone? If No, than This thread Should be running... Is'nt it?
Post with logic Man  Grin
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Selling Stuff 20% OFF ! See my signature
October 20, 2015, 01:33:20 PM
Wtf ?! this thread is still up ?
Activity: 1778
Merit: 764
www.V.systems
October 20, 2015, 01:30:59 PM
It appears as though you have read none of my posts, so you have no context.
To please God is simple, just obey the laws of God; these rules do not need any interpretation.
I have posted evidence of the afterlife in this thread, but
Unfortunately no atheist was able to give a rational account of that evidence,
So it would be wise to consider how the Golden Rule relates to Karma.

Sorry to burst your bubble but I have debunked many such theories of afterlife and 'Oh Just love my God' ideologies. They all serve the same purpose. To get rid of guilt and to be NOT afraid when it's time for the so called judgement. All religions are the same.

I have no interest in indulging you by even trying to read your pro-religious stuff that you have written here neither do I have any interest in learning your theories of afterlife. However if you believe you are onto something factual do yourself a favor, write a paper, get it peer reviewed and publish your findings.
legendary
October 20, 2015, 01:27:01 PM
I've said it before. Will say it again. Religion is nothing more than mind control. It is the simplest way to tap into every human being's most basic instinct : Fear. You control that and all of civilization is nothing more than a simple herd of sheep.

Except Christianity is based in loving everyone and not being afraid, lol.

Christianity also tech you to fear God to reach Science.

"lol"
October 20, 2015, 01:21:45 PM
Also it should be noted that religion simply means a way of life and a set of beliefs, in this sense democracy and empirical observation to know reality is simply another religion with its missionaries and priests.
October 20, 2015, 01:20:37 PM
I'm quite capable of critical thinking, trained in it in fact, and have come to the conclusion that Mohammed was not insane or a liar or possessed.

I think atheists hate religion due to the rampant hypocrisy exhibited by most practitioners of religion.
Jump to: