Author

Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion? - page 309. (Read 901342 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
October 20, 2015, 05:41:26 PM
Like I said, when we see the exhortations of Jesus as invitations to join him on a higher spiritual plane, his words suddenly make sense.

1) he never ONCE suggested that he was your "SAVIOR".
2) WHEN ASKED IF HE WAS GOD HE SAID, “THEY say as much."
3) The New Commandment he gave was "follow my example", "love others as I have loved you"; he gave no Commandment to believe in a savior.

He speaks to the individual who wants to find God as a personal experience, to attain what some might call grace, or God-consciousness, or enlightenment. This point is made especially clear in Chopra's book "The Third Jesus".

Jesus wanted his followers to evolve, to reach awareness of the Kingdom of God within.

The cosmic Christ is the spiritual guide whose teaching embraces all humanity, not just the church built in his name. Christianity needs to overcome its tendency to be exclusionary and refocus on being a religion of personal insight and spiritual growth. In this way Jesus can be seen for the universal teacher he truly is--someone whose teachings of compassion, tolerance, and understanding can embrace and be embraced by all of us.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
October 20, 2015, 05:33:12 PM
Who cares what Christianity is based in? You better learn how to fear God, or you will be destroyed. Once you learn the Fear, then you will find the salvation and the love that replaces the fear.

Now we learn from BADecker that FEAR is the source of salvation.

If you as an unbeliever in salvation, don't have fear regarding your impending doom and eternal destruction, why would you begin to think that you might need salvation? Not all the time, but most of the time, fear comes first.

Smiley
October 20, 2015, 05:29:22 PM
Who cares what Christianity is based in? You better learn how to fear God, or you will be destroyed. Once you learn the Fear, then you will find the salvation and the love that replaces the fear.

Now we learn from BADecker that FEAR is the source of salvation.
legendary
October 20, 2015, 05:29:06 PM
When you place the above Bible passages in context with everything else written in the New Testament, you will find that Jesus was a man, sent from His Father (therefore also God), lived a completely righteous life, died an innocent death on a cross, arose to life on the third day after his death, and ascended into Heaven 40 days later.

Not true; when you read those while using reason, you will see that it is not his BEING which has any merit, and that he never ONCE suggested that he was your "SAVIOR". This will become even MORE apparent when you read those books which the "authorities" would rather you DID NOT read, like the Gnostic Gospels and the Phoenix Journals.

He speaks to the individual who wants to find God as a personal experience, to attain what some might call grace, or God-consciousness, or enlightenment.

Christianity needs to overcome its tendency to be exclusionary and refocus on being a religion of personal insight and spiritual growth. In this way Jesus can be seen for the universal teacher he truly is--someone whose teachings of compassion, tolerance, and understanding can embrace and be embraced by all of us.

You can't separate Jesus from His Being. The devil tried that, and though are trying it again, you will fail, just like the devil did.

You are welcome to not accept what the Bible says about Jesus being your salvation. Jesus, by His work of salvation, brought Godness back to you. Thus it is your right to reject even your Godness as you are doing.

Smiley
legendary
October 20, 2015, 05:25:33 PM
We just hate stupid people.  Roll Eyes

But first we feel sorry for stupid people.    Roll Eyes
October 20, 2015, 05:24:24 PM
When you place the above Bible passages in context with everything else written in the New Testament, you will find that Jesus was a man, sent from His Father (therefore also God), lived a completely righteous life, died an innocent death on a cross, arose to life on the third day after his death, and ascended into Heaven 40 days later.

Not true; when you read those while using reason, you will see that it is not his BEING which has any merit, and that
1) he never ONCE suggested that he was your "SAVIOR".
2) WHEN ASKED IF HE WAS GOD HE SAID, “THEY say as much."
3) The New Commandment he gave was "follow my example", "love others as I have loved you"; he gave no Commandment to believe in a savior.

This will become even MORE apparent when you read those books which the "authorities" would rather you DID NOT read, like the Gnostic Gospels and the Phoenix Journals.

He speaks to the individual who wants to find God as a personal experience, to attain what some might call grace, or God-consciousness, or enlightenment.

Jesus wanted his followers to evolve, to reach awareness of the Kingdom of God within.

Christianity needs to overcome its tendency to be exclusionary and refocus on being a religion of personal insight and spiritual growth. In this way Jesus can be seen for the universal teacher he truly is--someone whose teachings of compassion, tolerance, and understanding can embrace and be embraced by all of us.
legendary
October 20, 2015, 05:24:05 PM
Mankind was made in God's image.

You contradict yourself.

the Adam and Eve story is the truth
What you are telling me is that:
A God of Creation capable of ordering a universe [caused] his most precious creations to be a mud sculpture and a rib-bone birthed in sin.

You are so blind that you can't even see the thing that I am telling you. Here it is.

God made mankind perfect.
Mankind threw away the perfection by sinning.
Jesus-God brought perfection back for mankind.
Folks like you are disregarding this final perfection,
and losing even it thereby.

Smiley
legendary
October 20, 2015, 05:21:20 PM
Have you given up saying Christianity is based on fear?
Yes. BADecker has just confirmed Christainity is fear based. There is no need for me to continue pressing this fact. He done all the hard work for me.  Cheesy
He just just threaten me with the good old "believe or else" sketch.  Roll Eyes
You better learn about God and fear Him a bit. Even though He offers forgiveness, there will come a time when He will withdraw the offer from all those who won't accept it. And His power is way beyond the power of a big man who has a gun out of its holster. Don't tick God off if you know what's good for you.

Smiley
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
welcome
October 20, 2015, 05:19:14 PM
We just hate stupid people.  Roll Eyes
legendary
October 20, 2015, 05:18:20 PM

1) He did not EVER ONCE suggest he was your SAVIOR.
Right here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12690846.

2) He represented the Christ Path of Truth and Godness--he NEVER CLAIMED TO BE GOD. IN FACT AT HIS
TRIAL WHEN ASKED IF HE WAS GOD HE SAID, “THEY say as much."
From the Bible New Testament, John 10:22-38:
3) The New Commandment says "follow my example", "love others as I have loved you"; there is no Commandment to believe in a savior. It is sufficient to follow the Commandment he gave; is this not what is meant by "take up your cross"?

The trouble with you is, you would like to do the command. You are trying to do the command. But you can't love. If you had any love, you would teach people how to be saved the only way that they CAN be saved... through the salvation done by Jesus of the Bible.

Smiley
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
October 20, 2015, 05:17:28 PM
Yes. BADecker has just confirmed Christainity is fear based. There is no need for me to continue pressing this fact. He done all the hard work for me.  Cheesy
You better learn about God and fear Him a bit. Even though He offers forgiveness, there will come a time when He will withdraw the offer from all those who won't accept it. And His power is way beyond the power of a big man who has a gun out of its holster. Don't tick God off if you know what's good for you.

Are you afraid? No? Then Christianity is not based on fear.

He may have been trying to get you to fear in order to be saved. But that's him personally, and since you don't believe, you won't fear.

If you do believe, you won't be afraid either, because you're already saved.
October 20, 2015, 05:14:47 PM
Mankind was made in God's image.

You contradict yourself.

the Adam and Eve story is the truth
What you are telling me is that:
A God of Creation capable of ordering a universe [caused] his most precious creations to be a mud sculpture and a rib-bone birthed in sin.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1016
October 20, 2015, 05:04:55 PM

legendary
October 20, 2015, 04:57:14 PM
When Adam and Eve sinned

That is a made-up story with no substance; MAN is made in GOD'S image.

How dare you limit a God of Creation capable of ordering a universe and causing his most precious creations to be a mud sculpture and a rib-bone birthed in sin.

There is a whole nation of people who have strength of will, and family and tradition consciousness who have it handed down that the Adam and Eve story is the truth.

How dare you limit God to using some stupid story that you concoct rather than the true story of how He did it.

Mankind was made in God's image. Through Jesus and His work of salvation, mankind is remade in God's image. Don't toss it away by not accepting the perfection of Jesus.

Smiley
October 20, 2015, 04:54:35 PM
I was talking about the Christianity from the bible. I understand you don't believe the bible.
I am skeptical about the content of the Bible because it is tampered; I think you admit to this earlier.

Not even the Bible supports your claim. Especially when you read the Gospel of Thomas and other salient books like Chopra's "The Third Jesus". Here are the three points I made which show that the Bible does not support the savior-doctrine:

1) He did not EVER ONCE suggest he was your SAVIOR.
2) He represented the Christ Path of Truth and Godness--he NEVER CLAIMED TO BE GOD. IN FACT AT HIS
TRIAL WHEN ASKED IF HE WAS GOD HE SAID, “THEY say as much."
3) The New Commandment says "follow my example", "love others as I have loved you"; there is no Commandment to believe in a savior. It is sufficient to follow the Commandment he gave; is this not what is meant by "take up your cross"?

Since the book has been tampered, I use reason and practice discernment and take ONLY the good parts from the Bible, like the part about the Laws of God and not judging. Now, why don't you do some critical thinking in this regard:

If you had a guidebook and trail-guide on locating your enemy in order to blow him away--and the enemy in point had opportunity to get your books--do you not think HE WOULD ALTER THEM TO SEND YOU DOWN THE "OTHER" PRIMROSE PATHWAY AND THEREBY ALLOW HIS WINNING OF THE WAR? Ponder this most closely--for THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO YOUR GUIDEBOOKS WHICH WOULD DEFEAT SATANIC INTENT AND BRING YOU HOME TO GOD.

Just because people were taught something different, doesn't make it so, the bible is clear on this point.

Yes, and here is the clarity: Only through “. . . works can a man be known” and “faith without works is without meaning.”

If the shoes of sanctity fit--I suggest you take them out of your mouth and place them on your feet.

I agree with those lines too. I already said:

It doesn't take away responsibility, because once you're saved and have the Holy Spirit inside of you, you will feel convicted of your sin and want to stop doing it. You will become more Christ-like as you live and follow the commandments.
Contradictory parts in bold. It matters not how you FEEL about the matter; You shall not dump your sins and errors, evil and law-breaking actions upon a MAN by any name--dead or alive.

Since we're saved we will have works, but the works is NOT what saves us. Grace is.
If there is going to be any saving, YOU shall do it; you cannot dump your evil upon another and then say it will make you better. In Psalms 1, it says that you have to meditate upon God's Law day and night. You cannot be saved by faith alone for faith alone is nothing!
October 20, 2015, 04:46:34 PM
When Adam and Eve sinned

That is a made-up story with no substance; MAN is made in GOD'S image.

How dare you limit a God of Creation capable of ordering a universe and causing his most precious creations to be a mud sculpture and a rib-bone birthed in sin.
legendary
October 20, 2015, 04:39:52 PM

It is not a LIE. It stands up to reason. And here is how.

Perfection is required for the universe to exist. Think about it. All the laws of the universe need to act perfectly. If even one of them fails in the least bit of perfection, the universe comes crashing down in a blinding cascade of destruction.

Perfection is required in at least 2 ways:
1. You can't make something work as well as the universe works together without perfection;
2. God can't stand imperfection so much, that He can't even stand the shadow of imperfection.

When Adam and Eve sinned (and all the rest of us later), the universe should have dissolved for the two above reasons. But God has His reasons for not destroying it. Rather, He brought it back to perfection. You can't do such. I can't do such. Only God can.

God did it by sending His Son, Jesus, in the form of a man - it was man who sinned, so it was man who had to pay. Being God as well as man, Jesus could take the punishment for imperfection that us weaker people couldn't take. It was the perfection of Jesus, and the strength of God that Jesus is, that upheld the universe at the same time it was turning away the imperfection from the eyes of God.

God had desired to give mankind the graces of the universe before the time of the fall into sin. Jesus took the punishment and upheld the universe, all the whole time so that He could give it all back to mankind as God had intended in the first place. That's a part of the perfection.

But neither the Father nor Jesus are going to downplay the role of Jesus in the whole thing. They are perfectly honest. And that is why you need Jesus. Because you can't do it even for yourself. You are imperfect. And you need to admit to Jesus perfection to be honest and truthful.

If you don't pick up and use the honest truth of Jesus doing it for you, you are dead and gone. Don't lock yourself into death by dying without Jesus.

Smiley

I think Perfection is Satan's tool to put you away from Science.

No, science is God's tool to set up universal perfection.   Smiley
October 20, 2015, 04:38:34 PM
You have taught US poorly if your claim that Christ claimed to be a "savior" cannot stand up to scrutiny.

Precisely.

There is no sound reason to believe Christ is our savior. Even slightly poking this huge claim it crashes down in flames.
There is only one thing keeping this house of cards savior thing up. Wishful thinking.

I edited this in, and you may have missed it:

1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love. 19 We love, because He first loved us
October 20, 2015, 04:36:05 PM
you're still saved by believing in Jesus Christ.
That is a false doctrine (LIE), it does not stand up to reason, and you shall not dump your sins and errors, evil and law-breaking actions upon a MAN by any name--dead or alive.

I have summarized the reasons for not believing the lie here:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12690812

I'm not re-writing Christianity, it's just that most people are taught about it poorly.
You have taught US poorly if your claim that Christ claimed to be a "savior" cannot stand up to scrutiny. That claim is in error because it does not stand up to reason and even your tampered book does not support that claim, as I have pointed out.

Follow the "errors" and you are totally LOST. Continue in ignorance and you end up likewise lost. Deliberately continue in ignorance to salve ego and possible change of perception--AND YOU HAVE DELIBERATELY CHOSEN AGAINST GOD. "You are either for me or ye be against me," sayeth the Lord God. How will you recognize God? By his wishy-washy homage to every error YOU make? I suggest you reconsider your position.

I was talking about the Christianity from the bible. I understand you don't believe the bible.

Just because people were taught something different, doesn't make it so, the bible is clear on this point.

Yes, and here is the clarity: Only through “. . . works can a man be known” and “faith without works is without meaning.”

If the shoes of sanctity fit--I suggest you take them out of your mouth and place them on your feet.

I agree with those lines too. I already said:

It doesn't take away responsibility, because once you're saved and have the Holy Spirit inside of you, you will feel convicted of your sin and want to stop doing it. You will become more Christ-like as you live and follow the commandments.

Since we're saved we will have works, but the works is NOT what saves us. Grace is.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1003
October 20, 2015, 04:35:33 PM

It is not a LIE. It stands up to reason. And here is how.

Perfection is required for the universe to exist. Think about it. All the laws of the universe need to act perfectly. If even one of them fails in the least bit of perfection, the universe comes crashing down in a blinding cascade of destruction.

Perfection is required in at least 2 ways:
1. You can't make something work as well as the universe works together without perfection;
2. God can't stand imperfection so much, that He can't even stand the shadow of imperfection.

When Adam and Eve sinned (and all the rest of us later), the universe should have dissolved for the two above reasons. But God has His reasons for not destroying it. Rather, He brought it back to perfection. You can't do such. I can't do such. Only God can.

God did it by sending His Son, Jesus, in the form of a man - it was man who sinned, so it was man who had to pay. Being God as well as man, Jesus could take the punishment for imperfection that us weaker people couldn't take. It was the perfection of Jesus, and the strength of God that Jesus is, that upheld the universe at the same time it was turning away the imperfection from the eyes of God.

God had desired to give mankind the graces of the universe before the time of the fall into sin. Jesus took the punishment and upheld the universe, all the whole time so that He could give it all back to mankind as God had intended in the first place. That's a part of the perfection.

But neither the Father nor Jesus are going to downplay the role of Jesus in the whole thing. They are perfectly honest. And that is why you need Jesus. Because you can't do it even for yourself. You are imperfect. And you need to admit to Jesus perfection to be honest and truthful.

If you don't pick up and use the honest truth of Jesus doing it for you, you are dead and gone. Don't lock yourself into death by dying without Jesus.

Smiley

I think Perfection is Satan's tool to put you away from Science.
Jump to: