Author

Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion? - page 347. (Read 901342 times)

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027
September 17, 2015, 09:26:57 PM
Answering you is not the point. Coming up with an answer for you on these issues, I feel, is pointless because you won't change your mind. And you won't change mine on this issue. So we can just agree to disagree.

We can agree on this, though:

You have no evidence that my beliefs are demonic and have not taken responsibility upon yourself to rationally evaluate ANY of the writings, so your "belief" is made in total ignorance.

So, we can agree that you are not using reason, and that you know nothing about my beliefs.

I hope that by my use of reason, I can convince others that these three beliefs are actually big lies that have yet to be proven:
1) "Jesus" is the savior of humanity and you only need to accept him to "enter heaven".
2) Darwin's theory, since it is based on three fallacious “gaps” in reasoning that were pointed out in 1873 and remain unchanged to this day, as explained here: http://www.lloydpye.com/essay_interventiontheory.htm
3) Integrity of the Bible.

Nope. I have evidence that it's demonic, good enough for me. Their website has some symbols on it that are anti-christian for one thing, but it's only a small part. But like my belief that there is a God who created us, I can not prove it to others. You won't see it. I know that.
Aliens are not demons they are beings from another world..or could be from this world who knows..
legendary
September 17, 2015, 09:23:36 PM
Way to many things are unknown.  I think there is more to quantum physics then we know.  Which is true.
What is fascinating to me is that anomalous phenomena are connected.

Principles of quantum physics support NDE concepts, [including] the properties of (a) light, (b) a multi-dimensional reality, (c) zero point field, (d) quantum interconnectivity, (e) quantum consciousness, (f ) quantum synchronicity, (g) space and time interconnectivity, (h) time travel, (i ) teleportation, (j ) non-locality, (k) singularities and the concept of (l ) subjectivity.

See these two points:
http://www.near-death.com/science/evidence.html#a22
http://www.near-death.com/science/evidence.html#a37

So being as it was not understood.   God had to have done it.
How would you explain the evidence supporting rebirth?
http://www.near-death.com/science/evidence.html

Just makes you think what is out there.  I am more opened minded to things unknown then what is known but not actually proven.  Things like that tend to be lie.
Very astute observation.
I might add that these three beliefs are big ones that have yet to be proven:
1) "Jesus" is the savior of humanity and you only need to accept him to "enter heaven".
2) Darwin's theory, since it is based on three fallacious “gaps” in reasoning that were pointed out in 1873 and remain unchanged to this day, as explained here: http://www.lloydpye.com/essay_interventiontheory.htm
NO YOU JUST PUT GOD TO EVERYTHING..LIKE IF I GO TURN THE TV ON I COULD SAY GOD MADE ME DO THAT..
SCIENCE GOD MADE THAT..
I WON 1000 DOLLARS GOD MADE ME WIN THAT
CAR NEARLY RUNS YOU OVER ..GOD SAVED ME THERE..
I FALL OVER..GOD PUNISHING ME THERE..
REMEMBER THEY USED TO SAY ..APOLLO..RA THE SUN GOD..
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy just had a thought ..
I bet the egyptians when building there pyramids used to say..
RA ME FUCKIN FINGER I JUST SMASHED IT WITH A HAMMER Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
September 17, 2015, 09:19:36 PM
Answering you is not the point. Coming up with an answer for you on these issues, I feel, is pointless because you won't change your mind. And you won't change mine on this issue. So we can just agree to disagree.

You have no evidence that my beliefs are demonic and have not taken responsibility upon yourself to rationally evaluate ANY of the writings, so your "belief" is made in total ignorance.

So, we can agree that you are not using reason, and that you know nothing about my beliefs.

I hope that by my use of reason, I can convince others that these three beliefs are actually big lies that have yet to be proven:

Nope. I have evidence that it's demonic, good enough for me. Their website has some symbols on it that are anti-christian for one thing, but it's only a small part. But like my belief that there is a God who created us, I can not prove it to others. You won't see it. I know that.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
September 17, 2015, 09:15:57 PM

September 17, 2015, 09:11:22 PM
Don't act like I didn't read through all that when we originally discussed things. I did my research. As you can see no one else seems to even call you on the fact that your info comes from an "alien".

Which book did you read through completely?

These teachings come from God. Do you have proof otherwise?
I told this thread that the Biblical story about sacrificing Isaac is not of God, for God would not terrorize a child to teach a man a lesson. Do care to rebut this and do you have a similar example from my teachings?

It is fundamentalist Christians who make God an "alien" by believing in a separate "savior" who will take all of the responsibility for obeying God (even though God resides within you), and do so without any basis in reason OR the Bible. If this were not so, then my 6 questions would be easy to answer.

September 17, 2015, 09:06:16 PM
Don't act like I didn't read through all that when we originally discussed things. I did my research. As you can see no one else seems to even call you on the fact that your info comes from an "alien".

Which book did you read through completely?

These teachings come from God. Do you have proof otherwise?
I told this thread that the Biblical story about sacrificing Isaac is not of God, for God would not terrorize a child to teach a man a lesson. Do you care to rebut this and do you have a similar example from my teachings?

It is "fundamentalist" Christians who make God an "alien" by believing in a separate "savior" who will take all of the responsibility for obeying God (even though God resides within you), and do so without any basis in reason OR the Bible. If this were not so, then my 6 questions would be easy to answer.

I asked 6 questions to clear up my confusion because I could not find Biblical or rational support of a "savior":
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12452294
September 17, 2015, 09:00:47 PM
Way to many things are unknown.  I think there is more to quantum physics then we know.  Which is true.
What is fascinating to me is that anomalous phenomena are connected.

Principles of quantum physics support NDE concepts, [including] the properties of (a) light, (b) a multi-dimensional reality, (c) zero point field, (d) quantum interconnectivity, (e) quantum consciousness, (f ) quantum synchronicity, (g) space and time interconnectivity, (h) time travel, (i ) teleportation, (j ) non-locality, (k) singularities and the concept of (l ) subjectivity.

See these two points:
http://www.near-death.com/science/evidence.html#a22
http://www.near-death.com/science/evidence.html#a37

So being as it was not understood.   God had to have done it.
How would you explain the evidence supporting rebirth?

Just makes you think what is out there.  I am more opened minded to things unknown then what is known but not actually proven.  Things like that tend to be lie.
Very astute observation.
I might add that these three beliefs are big ones that have yet to be proven:
legendary
September 17, 2015, 08:55:14 PM
Im against no religion here.

However I am a most scientific person.   I need proof of things.

Anyways, I don't believe in a load of the rituals some religions have.  I see some religions as money makers only.  A job for some and they need donators.

I don't see how there can be for instance Christianity but yet there be different variations of it where each church believe in something similar but different.  There should be one.

But with that being said I believe people tend to put it on religion because they do not understand it.   They see something happen and they call it a miracle.  When what it was was not understood and anomaly I should say.  So being as it was not understood.   God had to have done it.  The world is way to messed up for religion to have anything to do with it.  Unless god as a wicked sense of humor.

Not being weird here.  But I could say I am a God.  I am sure there are aleast a few people out there I could make believe it.  which as has happened in many cults in the past.  If this is true which it is.  I just made my own religion and there ya go.  Who says its not the same for all other religions.  There is no proof of any of them being totally legit and yes this includes Christianity.
totally agree with you Grin Grin well said
September 17, 2015, 08:54:15 PM
You're the one who believes in the teachings of an "alien" right? I don't agree with that philosophy. I believe it was demonic, to get people to not be saved.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."--Aristotle

I am keeping this short so that you can focus on the most obvious point of disagreement.

MMH,
Read about the Laws of God/Creation in full, so that you don't have to claim ignorance or misunderstanding.

In my opinion, the Laws of Creation have already been published, you don't really need to look elsewhere; they are found in Phoenix Journal #27.

Now let us describe what commitments are made in service to GOD verses commitments of this manifested illusion. Your MOST IMPORTANT commitment in service to GOD is to WISELY understand and obey THE LAWS OF GOD AND THE CREATION which we are unfolding for you here. This is THE excellent way for honoring self and GOD within ALL others in service to God and The Creation. Simply, UNDERSTAND AND OBEY THE LAWS OF GOD AND THE CREATION. You ones have made this commitment difficult unto yourselves and it needn't any longer be so. YOU NOW HAVE THE LAWS BEFORE YOU and you need not any longer claim ignorance or misunderstanding. DO YOU SEE?! Claim YOUR DIVINE HOLY GODNESS NOW! WE ARE ALL ONE! THE TIME IS NOW BEFORE YOU TO KNOW AND OWN THE TRUTH!

September 17, 2015, 08:51:02 PM
You're the one who believes in the teachings of an "alien" right? I don't agree with that philosophy. I believe it was demonic, to get people to not be saved.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."--Aristotle

I am keeping this short so that you can focus on the most obvious point of disagreement.

MMH,
Read about the Laws of God/Creation in full, so that you don't have to claim ignorance or misunderstanding.

In my opinion, the Laws of Creation have already been published, you don't really need to look elsewhere; they are found in Phoenix Journal #27.

Now let us describe what commitments are made in service to GOD verses commitments of this manifested illusion. Your MOST IMPORTANT commitment in service to GOD is to WISELY understand and obey THE LAWS OF GOD AND THE CREATION which we are unfolding for you here. This is THE excellent way for honoring self and GOD within ALL others in service to God and The Creation. Simply, UNDERSTAND AND OBEY THE LAWS OF GOD AND THE CREATION. You ones have made this commitment difficult unto yourselves and it needn't any longer be so. YOU NOW HAVE THE LAWS BEFORE YOU and you need not any longer claim ignorance or misunderstanding. DO YOU SEE?! Claim YOUR DIVINE HOLY GODNESS NOW! WE ARE ALL ONE! THE TIME IS NOW BEFORE YOU TO KNOW AND OWN THE TRUTH!
Activity: 168
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
September 17, 2015, 08:47:38 PM
Im against no religion here.

However I am a most scientific person.   I need proof of things.

Anyways, I don't believe in a load of the rituals some religions have.  I see some religions as money makers only.  A job for some and they need donators.

I don't see how there can be for instance Christianity but yet there be different variations of it where each church believe in something similar but different.  There should be one.

But with that being said I believe people tend to put it on religion because they do not understand it.   They see something happen and they call it a miracle.  When what it was was not understood and anomaly I should say.  So being as it was not understood.   God had to have done it.  The world is way to messed up for religion to have anything to do with it.  Unless god as a wicked sense of humor.

Not being weird here.  But I could say I am a God.  I am sure there are aleast a few people out there I could make believe it.  which as has happened in many cults in the past.  If this is true which it is.  I just made my own religion and there ya go.  Who says its not the same for all other religions.  There is no proof of any of them being totally legit and yes this includes Christianity.
legendary
September 17, 2015, 08:18:56 PM
YOU CAN STILL GET THICK ATHEIST  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
IF YOUR A CLEVER THINKER..you want proof..To see it with your own eyes..
evidence.. I AM A FREETHINKER IRRELIGIOUS PERSON..

About that evidence... I am still waiting for your reply to the 52 points of evidence that support life-after-death; it is an important starting point in our discussion. To be rational means that one can intelligently evaluate new ideas when presented. SO, are you a clever thinker? What is your evaluation of this evidence?

Science demands verifiable evidence which can be reproduced again and again under experimental situations. Dr. Jim Whinnery, of the National Warfare Institute, thought he was simply studying the effects of G forces on fighter pilots. He had no idea he would revolutionize the field of consciousness studies by providing experimental proof that NDEs are real. The pilots were placed in huge centrifuges and spun at tremendous speeds. After they lost consciousness, after they went into seizures, after they lost all muscle tone, when the blood stopped flowing in their brains, only then would they suddenly have a return to conscious awareness. They had "dreamlets" as Dr. Whinnery calls them. These dreamlets are similar to near-death experiences and they often involved a sense of separation from the physical body. A typical dreamlet involved a pilot leaving his physical body and traveling to a sandy beach, where he looked directly up at the sun. The pilots would remark that death is very pleasant

i did answer your question..
I said it could be the brains way of making you comfortable before you die ..
just like when you have a bad accident you don.t feel nothing until 10 to 15 mins after then the pain comes..
like these pilots said death felt comfortable..a pain blocker could it be..
remember i am an NDE ..i will say the feeling was like going home.. WHY YOU ASK..i don.t know why i was just going home..A NEED TO GO HOME..
we are humans the brain acts the same way as other brains
like how we move our arms the brain tells the arm to move so it moves just like most brains..
so its no surprise to say that when we are dying the brain does the same process to make us feel comfortable before we die..just you might see your mum and i will see my mum if i am dying..
we all dream..you must of had a dream were its felt so real..or you have had a dream and its been so good you try go back asleep to go back into your dream..
well the same could go for death..A PAIN BLOCKER Wink Wink
But because i have had an NDE does not mean there is a god ..plus say there was an after life why would there still be a god..
would this not be just what happens to humans after they die..

legendary
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
September 17, 2015, 08:14:09 PM
After reading I feel most of the atheist dont hate religion itself but what put the off religion is the religious customs,rituals and laws that are associated with religion
September 17, 2015, 07:59:03 PM
this is the way i think about god..
if you were my friend and you said to me i have just won 1 million pounds..i would say oh yer right what ever..and i would not believe you..but if you showed me it then i would have to believe you..

well people have been saying all my life there is a god but not 1 person on this planet has showed me him yet ..nor has he showed him self to me.. Have you seen him MMH...

I've had experiences and knowledge showing me proof. But those with hardened hearts who disbelieve are not going to experience Him like that, they're being kept behind a veil that doesn't let the light in. There are so many things the bible has predicted, and so many anti-Christian (in particular) hatred movements that make me wonder why people can't see it's the Truth. There's no reason to be so anti-Christian if it was just another religion. Just IMHO.
what have you experienced to make you believe in god ..Do tell..what did you see..

I didn't say I "saw" anything. I've had experiences and knowledge. But as I said people who don't believe in God will not believe in anyone's personal experiences. They want "proof". You said it yourself. Proof to one person is not proof to another. And no matter what, science can't prove anything either because everything they know could be a program like in the matrix. The best way to have personal proof, is to accept Jesus as your Lord and savior, and ask Him to fill you with the Holy Spirit. But it's not the best reason. The best reason to get "saved" is because you're sick and tired of being a slave to sin and want to be free. Jesus sets us free from the bondage if we want to be free.
what like a climax Cheesy thats not god Cheesy what did you experience then..

Deliverance, evil spirits (demons), prayer working, getting out of "sleep paralysis" just by saying Jesus's name, etc. Nothing that would convince anyone else that God exists.

The best way to have personal proof, is to accept Jesus as your Lord and savior, and ask Him to fill you with the Holy Spirit. But it's not the best reason. The best reason to get "saved" is because you're sick and tired of being a slave to sin and want to be free. Jesus sets us free from the bondage if we want to be free.

God's people DIE for lack of knowledge, but the truth can set us free. So, let us reason about the truth! I have doubts about this "savior" doctrine; I hope you can clarify.

MMH, won't you Please tell us:

1) where Emmanuel actually suggested he was my savior? *
2) how such a belief is not magical thinking?
3) how you can still have full responsibility for your life if someone else has taken that burden?
4) why didn't Emmanuel explicitly say that one must believe in him and accept him as one’s “personal savior” to get to “heaven” while he was alive over and over again?
5) Why must Man have interpreters and go-betweens, authorities other than self and "saviors" to take his burden and "save even his soul"? Is it because you think Man is separate from God and that God does not reside within you?
6) Since Matthew 7:17-21 refutes the notion that mere faith suffices for entrance into the kingdom of heaven, and even calling Jesus "Lord" is not enough; how can this possibly be reconciled with the doctrine of Paul which you promote?

* Since the ending of Mark was probably added a long time after the gospel was written and is not considered by scholars to be authentic, and this would include Mark 16:16, could you please take note of this fact in your answer to my question of "where did Emmanuel actually suggest he was my savior?"

I will post this link again for your education:
http://christianity.stackexchange.com/questions/15353/did-jesus-actually-ever-say-if-you-dont-believe-in-me-you-go-to-hell

Everyone has full responsibility for what they choose to do or not, but they can either be a slave to their sin and continue to do it, even if they wanted to stop, or stop with the help of Jesus, because He frees us. Matthew only says those doing the will of the Father will get in, he doesn't say all who do the will of the Father will get in. I'm not going to debate that though, I know there's a line that talks about people later being judged by works, but those aren't the elect who get to live with Jesus for 1,000 years and they have to go through the wrath of God part, so it's really not preferable to go through all that and do good works and hope it works out, versus just believing that Jesus came to save us. But that's not a good reason to believe in God, so whatever. I'm not going to get into a long discussion with you. I don't believe you'll actually change your mind on this issue, so we have to agree to disagree as I did the last time I talked with you here.
September 17, 2015, 07:24:31 PM
The best way to have personal proof, is to accept Jesus as your Lord and savior, and ask Him to fill you with the Holy Spirit. But it's not the best reason. The best reason to get "saved" is because you're sick and tired of being a slave to sin and want to be free. Jesus sets us free from the bondage if we want to be free.

God's people DIE for lack of knowledge, but the truth can set us free. So, let us reason about the truth! I have doubts about this "savior" doctrine; I hope you can clarify.

MMH, won't you Please tell us:

1) where Emmanuel actually suggested he was my savior? *
2) how such a belief is not magical thinking?
3) how you can still have full responsibility for your life if someone else has taken that burden?
4) why didn't Emmanuel explicitly say that one must believe in him and accept him as one’s “personal savior” to get to “heaven” while he was alive over and over again?
5) Why must Man have interpreters and go-betweens, authorities other than self and "saviors" to take his burden and "save even his soul"? Is it because you think Man is separate from God and that God does not reside within you?
6) Since Matthew 7:17-21 refutes the notion that mere faith suffices for entrance into the kingdom of heaven, and even calling Jesus "Lord" is not enough; how can this possibly be reconciled with the doctrine of Paul which you promote?

* Since the ending of Mark was probably added a long time after the gospel was written and is not considered by scholars to be authentic, and this would include Mark 16:16, could you please take note of this fact in your answer to my question of "where did Emmanuel actually suggest he was my savior?"

I will post this link again for your education:
http://christianity.stackexchange.com/questions/15353/did-jesus-actually-ever-say-if-you-dont-believe-in-me-you-go-to-hell
September 17, 2015, 07:08:59 PM
YOU CAN STILL GET THICK ATHEIST  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
IF YOUR A CLEVER THINKER..you want proof..To see it with your own eyes..
evidence.. I AM A FREETHINKER IRRELIGIOUS PERSON..

About that evidence... I am still waiting for your reply to the 52 points of evidence that support life-after-death; it is an important starting point in our discussion. To be rational means that one can intelligently evaluate new ideas when presented. SO, are you a clever thinker? What is your evaluation of this evidence?

Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
September 17, 2015, 07:00:27 PM
I would change my mind if VOD starts believing in G..
In VOD(boob sucker) i believe .

In order for me to start believing in a god, I'd have to lose a few dozen IQ points.

I'll post back here if I ever start snorting glue.  Smiley
and if it works pass me some so i can see him Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy i need to ask him if england will ever win the world cup again Cheesy Cheesy

We need to start our own religion, and pass around the glue and pray for whatever god we want!

That's what thousands of people do every year.   Tongue
legendary
September 17, 2015, 07:00:12 PM
if you were my friend and you said to me i have just won 1 million pounds..i would say oh yer right what ever..and i would not believe you..but if you showed me it then i would have to believe you..

well people have been saying all my life there is a god but not 1 person on this planet has showed me him yet ..nor has he showed him self to me.. Have you seen him MMH...

I've had experiences and knowledge showing me proof. But those with hardened hearts who disbelieve are not going to experience Him like that, they're being kept behind a veil that doesn't let the light in. There are so many things the bible has predicted, and so many anti-Christian (in particular) hatred movements that make me wonder why people can't see it's the Truth. There's no reason to be so anti-Christian if it was just another religion. Just IMHO.
what have you experienced to make you believe in god ..Do tell..what did you see..

I didn't say I "saw" anything. I've had experiences and knowledge. But as I said people who don't believe in God will not believe in anyone's personal experiences. They want "proof". You said it yourself. Proof to one person is not proof to another. And no matter what, science can't prove anything either because everything they know could be a program like in the matrix. The best way to have personal proof, is to accept Jesus as your Lord and savior, and ask Him to fill you with the Holy Spirit. But it's not the best reason. The best reason to get "saved" is because you're sick and tired of being a slave to sin and want to be free. Jesus sets us free from the bondage if we want to be free.
what like a climax Cheesy thats not god Cheesy what did you experience then..
September 17, 2015, 06:50:29 PM

legendary
September 17, 2015, 06:38:31 PM

Jump to: