Author

Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion? - page 355. (Read 901342 times)

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1003
September 15, 2015, 10:58:18 AM
So we can agree the pope isn't biblical and therefore not Christian?

Pope is the vicar of Jesus Christ... so you are not believing the Pope now that he's alive, how would you have acted if you did lived during the time of Jesus Christ?

Would you had believed in Jesus Christ if you did lived during Jesus Christ's time?

Thank You.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
September 15, 2015, 10:57:18 AM

You want me to change the bible so Catholics are Christians? Like what the papacy did when they changed the 10 commandments right?

I told you to make the Pope biblical.

So we can agree the pope isn't biblical and therefore not Christian?
legendary
September 15, 2015, 10:55:48 AM

You want me to change the bible so Catholics are Christians? Like what the papacy did when they changed the 10 commandments right?

I told you to make the Pope biblical.

Pope is the vicar of Jesus Christ... so you are not believing the Pope now that he's alive, how did you have acted if you were lived during the time of Jesus Christ?

Would you have believed in Jesus Christ if you were lived during his times?

Thank You.
September 15, 2015, 10:50:52 AM
...omissis...

That's not biblical.

...omissis...

Well... than make it so.

Thank You.

legendary
September 15, 2015, 10:48:04 AM
...omissis...

That's not biblical.

...omissis...

Well... than make it so.

BYTW... "that's not biblical" because we are chatting about atheism. That's why I think discussing about Christianity is OT (Off Topic).

Thank You.
September 15, 2015, 10:45:25 AM

Anyone who doesn't follow Jesus Christ and try to do what He said, His teachings, is not a Christian. Catholics don't believe you can be forgiven by the Lord (according to your words you need a priest or you go to hell). I don't understand how you don't understand that it means they're not teaching a Christian philosophy. There's only way to the Lord and that's through the Son, Jesus. He said that. He didn't say the only way to the Lord was through the priest or pope.

Yeah! Except that there is the Pope in there.

Are you the Pope?

But that's not in the bible! Followers of Jesus Christ (including his disciples) didn't have pope to confess to. Jesus told them to confess to the Lord, not to a person. You don't agree with what Jesus said? Then you're not a follower of Jesus, and aren't a Christian, right?

What are you talking about: the Pope is the vicary of Christ on earth?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primacy_of_Simon_Peter

This is really basic catechism: you'll learn that in 1st primary school from the Country were I came from.

Pope is Jesus Christ.

What are you talking about?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vicar_of_Christ

Ephesians 4:32 Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.

Matthew 6:14 For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you,

Colossians 3:13 Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive.

Matthew 6:4 That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly. 5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. 6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly. 7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. 8 Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him. 9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. 10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. 11 Give us this day our daily bread. 12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. 13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

14 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: 15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

There are many instances where we are to pray to the Lord in Heaven for forgiveness, and He forgives us. Yet you place a man (priest or pope) in the middle. That's not biblical. Jesus told us to pray to our Heavenly Father for forgiveness, and not to a man. Also He said not to "use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do" which is actually what Catholics do when they pray the rosary over and over and over without thinking do.
legendary
September 15, 2015, 10:29:32 AM

Anyone who doesn't follow Jesus Christ and try to do what He said, His teachings, is not a Christian. Catholics don't believe you can be forgiven by the Lord (according to your words you need a priest or you go to hell). I don't understand how you don't understand that it means they're not teaching a Christian philosophy. There's only way to the Lord and that's through the Son, Jesus. He said that. He didn't say the only way to the Lord was through the priest or pope.

Are you the Pope?

But that's not in the bible! Followers of Jesus Christ (including his disciples) didn't have pope to confess to. Jesus told them to confess to the Lord, not to a person. You don't agree with what Jesus said? Then you're not a follower of Jesus, and aren't a Christian, right?

What are you talking about: the Pope is the vicary of Christ on earth?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primacy_of_Simon_Peter

This is really basic catechism: you'll learn that in 1st primary school from the Country were I came from.

Pope is Jesus Christ.

What are you talking about?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vicar_of_Christ
September 15, 2015, 10:16:43 AM

Are you the Pope?

legendary
September 15, 2015, 10:05:04 AM
And, what sir, is the “sin of Adam”? Eating apples or what? Where did Adam come from? Mud? I doubt that! GOD CREATES FROM MATTER ATOMS AND MOLECULES--HE DOES NOT NEED CLAY OR MUD--FOR GOD IS AND GOD IS INFINITE AND HE CERTAINLY NEEDS NO WAD OF DIRT FROM WHICH TO CREATE HIS MOST WONDROUS CREATIONS. HE CREATED MAN FROM THE ESSENCE OF LIGHT AND GAVE UNTO MAN SPIRIT WHICH IS A PURE REFLECTION OF HIMSELF--THE BODY OF MAN IS ONLY A HANDY PIECE OF MACHINERY TO ENABLE HIM TO BETTER EXPERIENCE THROUGH THE DIMENSION OF PHYSICAL PLANE.

The speaker refers to eternal life and then pronounces that Man still experiences death so somehow he is still cursed. Man does not experience “death”--a physical housing experiences changes which you call death in your lack of knowledge--for it, too, is only changed into energy form of one sort or another--back into its original forming elements of matter and energy. The MAN WITHIN WHICH IS THE REFLECTION OF GOD IS THAT WHICH IS IMMORTAL--IN EITHER EVENT THERE IS ONLY CHANGE--NOT DEATH! PONDER IT!

Source: http://www.phoenixsourcedistributors.com/html/j029/

I like to think as my life without sins but, if I need to choose, the sin of Adam was to listen to Eve.

Are you the Pope?

I haven't heard this. Atheist don't believe in any religion and that's all. They don't hate nothing. At least the normal atheists. Then there are extremists (as in every kind of this things) that hate something or everything. But this is not to be generalized.

I thought that Atheism is just like any other faith and now I see they have even many denominations.
As I recall, there's an article I read about the different types of Atheism (I'll look for that blog site).

1. Intellectual atheist
-They like debating and arguing, particularly on popular Internet sites.
2. Anti-theist
- This group regularly speaks out against religion and religious beliefs, usually by positioning themselves  as "opposed to religious ideology".

I forgot the others.  Tongue

Guys: you are discussing about a sin.

Atheism is idolatry, a sin according to the 2nd Commandement.
"Thou shalt have no other gods before me. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image"
Ref: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_Commandments

Don't lose time discussing that.
September 15, 2015, 09:23:11 AM

This is not to say there aren't followers of Jesus Christ who call themselves Catholic, as I was one growing up. But the Catholic Church is not a Christian Church.

You must have had a head trauma during your childhood.

Where you kidnapped by aliens?

Yo' kid: in Italy you are Catholic. If you are Christian and not Catholic you are 0.10% maximum. Catholicism is Christianity in Italy.

"Thank You".

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
September 15, 2015, 06:09:47 AM

Myself dislike it. I would prefer that so many people didn't believe in things like this,like that, like what?, to me it's absurd. I think we'd all be better off if more people viewed the world scientifically.

I agree with the view-the-world-scientifically part. If people viewed the world scientifically, and thought about what they viewed, they would see that God exists.

We all need God. When we find Him, we are far better off.

Smiley
Activity: 134
Merit: 100
September 15, 2015, 05:51:46 AM
I haven't heard this. Atheist don't believe in any religion and that's all. They don't hate nothing. At least the normal atheists. Then there are extremists (as in every kind of this things) that hate something or everything. But this is not to be generalized.

I thought that Atheism is just like any other faith and now I see they have even many denominations.
As I recall, there's an article I read about the different types of Atheism (I'll look for that blog site).

1. Intellectual atheist
-They like debating and arguing, particularly on popular Internet sites.
2. Anti-theist
- This group regularly speaks out against religion and religious beliefs, usually by positioning themselves  as "opposed to religious ideology".

I forgot the others.  Tongue
Activity: 134
September 15, 2015, 05:43:58 AM

Myself dislike it. I would prefer that so many people didn't believe in things like this,like that, like what?, to me it's absurd. I think we'd all be better off if more people viewed the world scientifically.

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1016
September 15, 2015, 05:14:45 AM
For the first time, public school students in Alabama will be required to understand evolution, thanks to new curriculum rules behind implemented next year. Teachers in the state will also be required to discuss climate change.

Not only did the 40-person, Republican-controlled Board of Education pass the standards unanimously, but nobody even spoke out against them at a board meeting.

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2015/09/alabama_will_require_students.html

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2015/09/alabama_will_require_students.html - "Textbooks used in Alabama science classes have carried a disclaimer sticker for years stating that evolution is a "controversial theory," not fact, and the new course of study doesn't change the warnings, which were advocated by Christian conservatives"

I'm fine with the sticker thing, as long as similar disclaimer warning stickers are glued on the bible during RE classes.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
September 15, 2015, 04:27:31 AM

The casual atheist might not hate anything, even religion.

Many people hate things, but it is seldom that they hate things that they haven't thought about a bit... things that they are far more than casual about.

The deeper an atheist goes into thinking about his atheism, the more he makes it a religion for himself. If he thinks about it deeply enough, he will start to get angry at religion, because he can't get away from it. It is right in his atheism. Google "Is atheism a religion?" to see that the symptoms of religion are found in atheism as well as in the formal religions.

People can't get away from religion. A casual atheist isn't atheistic very much.

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000
September 15, 2015, 01:58:42 AM
Activity: 210
September 15, 2015, 01:55:08 AM
But your god creates each baby.  
Vod,
Your judgment is incorrect.
So your god does NOT create each baby?  Another god must then, and that god must be the true god.
Sorry Vod, but humans are the only ones who are making human babies. I think we can both agree that a virgin birth is not possible. Right?
So, can you give these 52 points of evidence a rational response? Or will you instead choose to engage in cognitive dissonance, just like Beliathon (you can thank him for the image)?

Sure, I'll read that and respond, if you give these 11 subjects a rational response.

Sorry Vod, I'm not interested in reading whole subjects at this time, but if you have evidence, I will gladly take a look; I am intensely curious about the universe, so I always seek to evaluate any evidence presented; it is simply the rational and polite thing to do. Smiley
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
September 15, 2015, 12:05:21 AM
For the first time, public school students in Alabama will be required to understand evolution, thanks to new curriculum rules behind implemented next year. Teachers in the state will also be required to discuss climate change.

Not only did the 40-person, Republican-controlled Board of Education pass the standards unanimously, but nobody even spoke out against them at a board meeting.

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2015/09/alabama_will_require_students.html
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
September 14, 2015, 11:26:44 PM
Vod,

So your god does NOT create each baby?  Another god must then, and that god must be the true god.

So, can you give these 52 points of evidence a rational response? Or will you instead choose to engage in cognitive dissonance, just like Beliathon (you can thank him for the image)?

Sure, I'll read that and respond, if you give these 11 subjects a rational response.
Activity: 210
September 14, 2015, 11:18:31 PM
Man caused this situation by choosing to have sex without the intent of procreation.

Vod,
Man causes this situation by choosing to ignore the laws and to have sex without the intent of procreation.

You and I are allowed to experience upon the physical planes to be stewards of the things physical that we might grow and learn. Boy, we humans have really blown that job, haven’t we? We were sent as caretakers for the wondrous creations of matter and look where we have come to be.

God gave you a set of laws, birthed within thine soul essence so that you would always know Truth--and the evil taught you to turn away from the laws and follow that which he would give unto you to pull you away from the Laws of God and it has worked, has it not? What makes you think you came into creation either according to the MAN PROJECTED method of EVOLUTION OR THROUGH THE METHOD NOW RECOGNIZED AS “CREATION”? NEITHER ONE ARE CORRECT, FRIENDS, AND ARE SIMPLY MORE LIES TO DECEIVE YOU AND KEEP YOU FROM GOD’S PATH HOME TO SOURCE.

IT IS TRULY A GREAT MAN WHO CAN STUDY TRUTH, SET ASIDE HIS EGO, AND ANNOUNCE THAT HIS ORIGINAL UNDERSTANDING WAS FLAWED THROUGH LACK OF TOTAL KNOWLEDGE AND FURTHER KNOW THAT HE HAS PLACED JUDGMENT WHERE, IN FACT, HIS PROJECTIONS ARE ONLY SELF--OPINION!

Now, your projections about "my" God aside, I have asked you to please tell me how I could rationally evaluate the 52 points of evidence for rebirth, as linked here. I am asking atheists to be rational with regards to the evidence; in common parlance this means that one can think clearly and is capable of intelligently assessing new ideas when presented.

Jump to: