Author

Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion? - page 393. (Read 901341 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU
July 13, 2015, 10:19:53 AM
Atheists do not hate religion.
Speak for yourself, some of us absolutely do despise any superstition.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
July 13, 2015, 10:17:37 AM
Atheists do not hate religion. Shocked
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
July 13, 2015, 10:13:02 AM
i was wondering about what would atheis mention when they've got some problem or mistake on their life are they still mention "God" or something else ? for me when i've got some problem just mention "God" its make me feel better so what about atheis?
July 13, 2015, 09:59:16 AM
What if the result of raising your children to be free of dogma and giving them the freedom to make up their own minds is that they end up coming to the conclusion that there is an absolutely correct way of thinking/behaving, and that they decide it is necessary to teach this to their own children?  
Mandatory gelding for the offending theistard, and Science Re-Education Gulag for the entire bloodline.
Activity: 154
July 13, 2015, 09:53:12 AM
I pray to get strength to face all of my problems. But, the other people said that praying is the shortcut to success. As a example, there is a person who pray to get rich directly, but for me, I pray to stay strong in my job and work hardly, so I can get rich in my way.

Sounds to me like you are lazy and want things handed to you.  You want strength?  Go work out (physical) or mediate (mental).

Two working hands can accomplish more than a million clasped in prayer.

Very true. Praying to your god or whatever deity is acceptable . Everyone has their own opinions and beliefs. But if you blindly follow any superstition , or ritual that is extremely foolish .  You must not assume so much into something you dont have a proof of that you will take any extreme actions like donating millions of bucks and sacrificing animals and stuff. Yes this does happen.

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020
July 13, 2015, 09:43:26 AM
Posted by: BADecker - The only place we know about freedom is from God religion, in the Bible. Now, there may be other religions that teach freedom. But God is the only one who can state with any kind of certainty that there is freedom beyond the simple illusion of freedom. And He does, in the Bible.

So, what is proper and right to teach our children? If we want to teach them the truth, we must teach them that freedom is found in God. Everything else is pre-programmed.

The problem with this statement is "God" has never written anything, its all been done by humans. So claiming "God" has prescribed anything is false.

The proper and right way to raise our children should be free of dogma, giving them the freedom to make up their own minds.

What if the result of raising your children to be free of dogma and giving them the freedom to make up their own minds is that they end up coming to the conclusion that there is an absolutely correct way of thinking/behaving, and that they decide it is necessary to teach this to their own children? 
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1016
July 13, 2015, 06:51:22 AM
The proper and right way to raise our children should be free of dogma, giving them the freedom to make up their own minds.

+1
Activity: 444
Merit: 260
July 13, 2015, 06:41:43 AM
Posted by: BADecker - The only place we know about freedom is from God religion, in the Bible. Now, there may be other religions that teach freedom. But God is the only one who can state with any kind of certainty that there is freedom beyond the simple illusion of freedom. And He does, in the Bible.

So, what is proper and right to teach our children? If we want to teach them the truth, we must teach them that freedom is found in God. Everything else is pre-programmed.

The problem with this statement is "God" has never written anything, its all been done by humans. So claiming "God" has prescribed anything is false.

Activity: 364
Merit: 252
July 12, 2015, 11:48:04 PM
So I see 2 threads of why islam hates people or why people hate Islam. I dont see the point of such a mundane debate based on religion any debate for or against religion would be stupid. Either you are stupid to believe what a prophet / god / divine entity said or you are stupid enough to believe you can change the minds of the bleak minded people who follow such a prophet / god / divine entity.

But since its fun let me initiate my own brand of 'why do' topic.

WHY DO ATHEISTS (like me) HATE RELIGION ?

Seriously what has to happen in a person's life for them to seriously give up hope on the one true everlasting brand (of religion) which their ancestors have followed for generations.

Everyone has their own story even I have mine, so lets hear some of it.

I am kind of an atheist. I don't believe there is a divine entity controlling the whole universe. I believe in people .  Anyway, my point is that atheists might hate religion because  they think some of the arbitrary rituals and superstitions are really  irrational and unfair. Mostly people who think more scientifically and don't just follow blindly what their families teach them come under atheists group.

I have never been religious, but grew up in an environment where most people subscribed to a religion, but weren't the most serious about it.  Over time, I've seen almost everyone I know distance themselves from religion.  Most religions succeeded from localized knowledge, before the internet.  I think the internet has changed the game, and it's very difficult to condition kids these days, when they have access to whatever information they choose.

I think religion is fine as long as it is tolerant and considerate of people that don't subscribe to the same belief system.  Once you need to start convincing other people you are reading the right book and the other books are wrong, then it becomes an annoyance.  With the internet and access to information, the trend is moving away from religion as each year passes.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
July 12, 2015, 11:13:51 PM
So, what is proper logic?  Who decides what proper logic is for their children or for anybody? Actually, the answer is that without God and God-religion, we don't know. Why? Here's why. In two words it is, "freedom illusion."

What is freedom illusion? It is the illusion that we are free, when in all logic, determined from all that we know, we are not at all free.

Cause and effect penetrates everything. All of our decisions, whatever they may be, are based on something, or some group of things, that caused us to decide and act the way we did.

Enter, science. The standard scientist looks at nature. He focuses on a particular thing. Then he attempts to determine what caused the thing to be that way or happen that way. Once he has found the cause, then he tries to find what caused the cause. The dedicated scientist is one who is constantly looking for a deeper cause. The more a scientist is a scientist, the more he looks for causes.

Everything that we know is caused by causes. Even the high quantum math that suggests that there can be some things without a cause, is determined by the quantum mechanics of the mathematician attempting to manipulate the quantum math into the thing that determines such. It is similar with collider and cyclotron physics. If a collider is adjusted and used to present the effect before the cause, it is because the scientist caused the collider to act this way.

The only place we know about freedom is from God religion, in the Bible. Now, there may be other religions that teach freedom. But God is the only one who can state with any kind of certainty that there is freedom beyond the simple illusion of freedom. And He does, in the Bible.

You shutting your brainwashed ignorant fucking theist mouth, and obeying my teachings like I was your personal Jesus.

Because I am. You're welcome.

It's okay, poor little guy. You need to learn to lay off the bottle (baby bottle is okay if you don't have any alcohol in it).

God is there for you. He isn't difficult. He is loving and kind. Why don't you simply accept Him? It's so easy. You will feel such warmth. You will feel so free. Come and join with us and turn to God. He loves you, you know.

Hey! Put that gun down right this second. You don't need to suicide yourself. You're a logical guy, and we need logical guys like you to help us show the world how great and wonderful God is. Since you are going to get rid of yourself anyway, why not turn your life over to God?

Kiss
July 12, 2015, 11:00:54 PM
So, what is proper logic?
You shutting your brainwashed ignorant fucking theist mouth, and obeying my teachings like I was your personal Jesus.

Because I am. You're welcome.
legendary
July 12, 2015, 09:53:07 PM
BD what have you been smoking?
During the formative years of life, children are supposed to learn empathy, critical thinking, basic logic, and social skills. The brain is plastic, constantly rewiring itself as it adapts to new information. There is one exception: at the end of the formative years, all that a child has learned "sets" like a concrete. For the rest of this person's life, this will be the foundation upon which all other thought is built.  If instead of proper logic, a young mind is forced to adapt itself to a religion-supporting toxic mimic of logic, full of unchecked loops (circular logic), dead ends, and fallacies, unfortunately in many cases the damage is irreparable.

This is why both the church and the nation-state have historically demanded the attention of your children during formative years, often under threat of violence.

This is also why intellectual abuse is every bit as ethically despicable as physical abuse.

So, what is proper logic? Who decides what proper logic is for their children or for anybody? Actually, the answer is that without God and God-religion, we don't know. Why? Here's why. In two words it is, "freedom illusion."

What is freedom illusion? It is the illusion that we are free, when in all logic, determined from all that we know, we are not at all free.

Cause and effect penetrates everything. All of our decisions, whatever they may be, are based on something, or some group of things, that caused us to decide and act the way we did.

Enter, science. The standard scientist looks at nature. He focuses on a particular thing. Then he attempts to determine what caused the thing to be that way or happen that way. Once he has found the cause, then he tries to find what caused the cause. The dedicated scientist is one who is constantly looking for a deeper cause. The more a scientist is a scientist, the more he looks for causes.

Everything that we know is caused by causes. Even the high quantum math that suggests that there can be some things without a cause, is determined by the quantum mechanics of the mathematician attempting to manipulate the quantum math into the thing that determines such. It is similar with collider and cyclotron physics. If a collider is adjusted and used to present the effect before the cause, it is because the scientist caused the collider to act this way.

The only place we know about freedom is from God religion, in the Bible. Now, there may be other religions that teach freedom. But God is the only one who can state with any kind of certainty that there is freedom beyond the simple illusion of freedom. And He does, in the Bible.

Smiley
Activity: 742
July 12, 2015, 09:41:02 PM
i followed the last 2 thread with  topic "why do" islam hate people? and People hate islam and this time for why do atheis hate religion? ok iam not atheis but i have any friend who atheis,i think they're not hate religion but more than not interesting on religion basically.they dont care about religion and the purpose of their life why and for wht they created even the life after death.
Activity: 504
July 12, 2015, 12:17:20 PM
My idea of religious freedom is everybody free to worship or not worship as they choose, with no one's beliefs treated more importantly than another's.

YOUR idea of "religious freedom" is the freedom to push your religion in laws, in public schools, and in everyone's faces.

Who are you talking to?
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
July 12, 2015, 10:29:23 AM
My idea of religious freedom is everybody free to worship or not worship as they choose, with no one's beliefs treated more importantly than another's.

YOUR idea of "religious freedom" is the freedom to push your religion in laws, in public schools, and in everyone's faces.
July 12, 2015, 06:03:48 AM
You ask why rational people try to engage theists into critical thinking, then go on to detail how you, like most atheists, began as a child being conditioned to believe the theist myths of your parents until you discovered the skills of critical thinking and objective reasoning.

So you prove that theists can break their conditioning but then question why we bother trying to free the minds of others who, like us once, were brainwashed.

I was just about to say that too. What a contradictory statement is that. Anyway , I am also an atheist but I do not understand why people ''hate'' each other's culture or anything . Every one has their own opinions and ideas of how life is and the whole God concept. Then why fight about it. And we all don't know the truth anyway.  So how can anyone be so sure enough to fight one another and loathe and criticize each other's way of living?
July 11, 2015, 11:44:21 PM
BD what have you been smoking?
During the formative years of life, children are supposed to learn empathy, critical thinking, basic logic, and social skills. The brain is plastic, constantly rewiring itself as it adapts to new information. There is one exception: at the end of the formative years, all that a child has learned "sets" like a concrete. For the rest of this person's life, this will be the foundation upon which all other thought is built.  If instead of proper logic, a young mind is forced to adapt itself to a religion-supporting toxic mimic of logic, full of unchecked loops (circular logic), dead ends, and fallacies, unfortunately in many cases the damage is irreparable.

This is why both the church and the nation-state have historically demanded the attention of your children during formative years, often under threat of violence.

This is also why intellectual abuse is every bit as ethically despicable as physical abuse.
legendary
July 11, 2015, 11:04:02 PM
Your average, simple atheist probably doesn't hate religion. It is the atheists who are out there constantly trying to deceive themselves into believing that atheism is not a religion who start to become hateful of religion. They become hateful because, the more they try to drive religion from their lives, the more religious they become at doing it - even though their atheism religion isn't a theistic religion (except that it might be way more theistic than most people think).

Want to see the ways that atheism is a religion? Google "atheism religion" or some similar combination of words.

Smiley
July 11, 2015, 10:38:02 AM
So I see 2 threads of why islam hates people or why people hate Islam. I dont see the point of such a mundane debate based on religion any debate for or against religion would be stupid. Either you are stupid to believe what a prophet / god / divine entity said or you are stupid enough to believe you can change the minds of the bleak minded people who follow such a prophet / god / divine entity.

But since its fun let me initiate my own brand of 'why do' topic.

WHY DO ATHEISTS (like me) HATE RELIGION ?

Seriously what has to happen in a person's life for them to seriously give up hope on the one true everlasting brand (of religion) which their ancestors have followed for generations.

Everyone has their own story even I have mine, so lets hear some of it.

I am kind of an atheist. I don't believe there is a divine entity controlling the whole universe. I believe in people .  Anyway, my point is that atheists might hate religion because  they think some of the arbitrary rituals and superstitions are really  irrational and unfair. Mostly people who think more scientifically and don't just follow blindly what their families teach them come under atheists group.

legendary
July 10, 2015, 09:48:23 PM
Here's where you guys are wrong. The below is simply an example. It is a broad example to show you how you are not free to make choices.

Imagine that you are living in a dry land of the Arabs, perhaps in part of the Sahara Desert. It is a hot, dry day, and you have been working hard. You are very thirsty. Someone stops by and offers you a drink of water. You drink the water. You drink fully so that you are thirsty no longer. You are full of water. Your thirst has prompted you to drink.

Five minutes later, while you are still full of water, someone else offers you a drink of water. You decline, because the fact that you are full of water influences your decision.

Right at that moment, a second person comes up to you and tells you that you don't have any choice in the matter. He says that you don't have a choice because you are already full of water, so you can't drink any more. Just to show him that you have freedom of choice, you decide to take a drink after all.

Just as you are raising the water to your lips, a third guy steps up and says that you were influenced by the second guy and that you really don't have any choice but to drink. The third guy makes you hesitate as you realize that your choice either way has been influenced by these 3 guys.

Inside all of us are multitudes of emotions caused by who knows what. Electrons zap around in our brains, causing neurons to fire, influencing our every decision. Why do we choose anything? Because of countless operations of nature and other people and circumstances that we do not ever know about. But they influence us in every choice we make and everything we do.

There is no freedom that is apparent. The only thing that is apparent is the illusion of freedom.

Once you can absorb this and understand it, come back and I will show you where your only freedom of choice lies. I'm busy today. Maybe tomorrow.

Smiley

Lol do you know how many times in the past you have criticized atheists for abusing their free will to ignore God?  You have the memory of a zygote.

I don't expect that very many people keep statistical records of how many times they this or they that. Perhaps most people do, but I don't; do you?

No, I didn't remember what a zygote was. But when I looked it up, I also checked on how much memory it has. Quite a large amount, I see. But most (all?) of it is genetic programming.

Thanks for understanding what I was talking about in my post that you quoted above.

Smiley
Jump to: