Author

Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion? - page 423. (Read 901341 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Where is Teddy?
May 27, 2015, 05:36:57 PM
but i would like to ask to an atheist what happens after death?

Well nobody knows that, Atheist or otherwise.

i agree but if someone is following a religion, it is stated in their religious book about the life after death or something like that. but how about atheists? since they dont have a book and rely on science, bearing in mind science is more or less about theories which changes over time. i would like to know their views about it
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1016
May 27, 2015, 05:35:20 PM
but i would like to ask to an atheist what happens after death?

Well nobody knows that, Atheist or otherwise.
Anyone claiming to know what happens is lying.

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU
May 27, 2015, 05:25:11 PM

Of course, how does anybody know for a fact that when you are dead, you don't know you're dead?
Irreversible brain death occurs within 8 minutes of the heart's final pump,  after that the brain begins to rot away. Little to no brain matter remains just 7 days post-mortem, and there is no electrical storm happening in whatever rotting matter remains.

Unless you're one of the level 99 theistards who actually believe experience occurs somewhere other than the brain, you must concede this argument. I genuinely hope the damage religion has done to your critical thinking capacity isn't that severe.

Your beliefs do nothing to invalidate modern medical science, and are farcical in the face of it. As science progresses and relegion struggles to survive the suffocating effects of the information age, I wonder how many of you will go mad and end yourselves rather than face a transhumanist existence? Hopefully you don't take too many (more) of us non-theists down with you in your implosion.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Where is Teddy?
May 27, 2015, 05:24:04 PM
i think atheist are just people who do not like to be controlled or have the feeling to believe in a deity or any Godliness. but i would like to ask to an atheist what happens after death?
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020
May 27, 2015, 05:12:31 PM
A mind is a terrible thing to waste. The gift of rational thought is perverted and usurped by superstitious brainwashing during the formative years of very nearly all religious adults.

Some linguistic anthropologists regard religion as a language virus, which short circuits the critical thinking pathways in our brains. The gift of primate brain plasticity can also be a curse, when barbaric Mother Nation Culture ignorantly tinkers with nature.

True Detective - Rust talks about Religion

If you love reason, it follows that you must despise its enemies, violence and its ally superstition.

This can be true for members of any religion. But while it is not necessarily true of all the members of every religion, it is mostly true for members of the atheism religion. Why? Because the evidence for the existence of God is overwhelming, as shown here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10718395.

Smiley

Honestly, I don't even know why you keep pushing the "atheism is a religion" point.  It says nothing about Christianity whatsoever, and really doesn't mean much of anything.

What I can tell you is that the reason why we keep pushing back against such an unimportant point is that the reasoning by which you arrive at this point infiltrates all other conclusions that you create.  That is, the way in which you invent definitions on the fly, such that you have many active definitions in play at one time, only serves to make your conclusions inconsistent (via the inconsistent definitions you have in play).

You would be better off just dropping your whole "atheism is a religion" shtick, and then finding a way to re-word your beliefs in a way that's consistent with the language everyone else uses.  Else, we will continue to never understand you, and what we don't understand won't make sense.  And you wonder why we call your blabberings "nonsense."
legendary
May 27, 2015, 05:08:48 PM

Of course, how does anybody know for a fact that when you are dead, you don't know that you are dead? Has anybody come back from real death and stated such on the witness stand in court? Or is it only hearsay? Or is it only an assumption?

Until I know for a fact that when a person is dead, he/she doesn't know it, I'm not going to stupidly make that assumption.

Smiley

Care to explain how making the assumption that you will live eternally is any more valid?
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
May 27, 2015, 04:44:12 PM
A mind is a terrible thing to waste. The gift of rational thought is perverted and usurped by superstitious brainwashing during the formative years of very nearly all religious adults.

Some linguistic anthropologists regard religion as a language virus, which short circuits the critical thinking pathways in our brains. The gift of primate brain plasticity can also be a curse, when barbaric Mother Nation Culture ignorantly tinkers with nature.

If you love reason, it follows that you must despise its enemies, violence and its ally superstition.

This can be true for members of any religion. But while it is not necessarily true of all the members of every religion, it is mostly true for members of the atheism religion. Why? Because the evidence for the existence of God is overwhelming, as shown here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10718395.

Smiley
legendary
May 27, 2015, 04:40:19 PM

Of course, how does anybody know for a fact that when you are dead, you don't know that you are dead? Has anybody come back from real death and stated such on the witness stand in court? Or is it only hearsay? Or is it only an assumption?

Until I know for a fact that when a person is dead, he/she doesn't know it, I'm not going to stupidly make that assumption.

Smiley
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU
May 27, 2015, 11:03:14 AM

Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
May 26, 2015, 06:59:20 PM
legendary
May 26, 2015, 06:24:18 PM
BTW, I never answered this.

Why do Atheists hate Religion ?

The answer is that they do not, it is the other way around. Actually most atheists I know feel very sad for those that feel they must conform to some doctrine in order to have a better life than the one they currently have. I see there point.

Last post, thread is a waste of time.

Every last one of them, right? Well, you might as well leave after a statement like that.

Smiley

Cow : Pie :: BADecker : Religion

You're so cute. Thanks for getting down to earth.    Grin
legendary
May 26, 2015, 05:55:38 PM

The answer is that they do not, it is the other way around. Actually most atheists I know feel very sad for those that feel they must conform to some doctrine in order to have a better life than the one they currently have. I see there point.

Every last one of them, right? Well, you might as well leave after a statement like that.

Smiley

Cow : Pie :: BADecker : Religion
legendary
May 26, 2015, 04:28:44 PM

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
May 26, 2015, 02:31:48 PM

legendary
May 26, 2015, 02:09:42 PM
Poor analogy.

Religion is most certainly not a "safety belt".
It's a hardened steel chain, designed not for the benefit of the captive.

This is true about your religion of atheism or whatever it is. It might be true about many other religions, as well. If a christian thinks this about his Christian religion, he has a lot of re-thinking to do.

Smiley

Does religion grant permission for it's victims to think? I'm guessing that's strictly controlled.

Ask yourself that question about your religion. The only way you won't get an answer is if your religion doesn't allow you to think.

Smiley

No restrictions this end.

So, what answer does your religion give you?   Smiley

Nothing, because I don't use your twisted warped definition of the word religion that changes daily to suit the situation.

Since you have access to dictionaries just like most other people, your answer to the question, "nothing," simply means that you can't even hear yourself think. You are the most capable vegetable I have ever seen.

Wink

Vegetable today, perhaps tomorrow you'll change some word definition around so I won't be. Fingers crossed.
legendary
May 26, 2015, 01:57:36 PM
Poor analogy.

This is true about your religion of atheism or whatever it is. It might be true about many other religions, as well. If a christian thinks this about his Christian religion, he has a lot of re-thinking to do.

Smiley

Does religion grant permission for it's victims to think? I'm guessing that's strictly controlled.

Ask yourself that question about your religion. The only way you won't get an answer is if your religion doesn't allow you to think.

Smiley

Nothing, because I don't use your twisted warped definition of the word religion that changes daily to suit the situation.

Since you have access to dictionaries just like most other people, your answer to the question, "nothing," simply means that you can't even hear yourself think. You are the most capable vegetable I have ever seen.

Wink
legendary
May 26, 2015, 01:51:44 PM
Poor analogy.

Smiley

Smiley

legendary
May 26, 2015, 01:31:20 PM
Poor analogy.

Smiley

Smiley

legendary
May 26, 2015, 01:10:17 PM
Poor analogy.

Smiley

Smiley

legendary
May 26, 2015, 12:33:52 PM
Poor analogy.

Smiley

Smiley
Jump to: