Pages:
Author

Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion? - page 74. (Read 901342 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 102
August 07, 2017, 06:25:44 AM
Atheists, on the contrary, are normal to all people in contrast to religious fanatics who are ready to kill a person only because he does not want to take their faith.
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
August 07, 2017, 05:46:01 AM
So I see 2 threads of why islam hates people or why people hate Islam. I dont see the point of such a mundane debate based on religion any debate for or against religion would be stupid. Either you are stupid to believe what a prophet / god / divine entity said or you are stupid enough to believe you can change the minds of the bleak minded people who follow such a prophet / god / divine entity.

But since its fun let me initiate my own brand of 'why do' topic.

WHY DO ATHEISTS (like me) HATE RELIGION ?

Seriously what has to happen in a person's life for them to seriously give up hope on the one true everlasting brand (of religion) which their ancestors have followed for generations.

Everyone has their own story even I have mine, so lets hear some of it.

i don't think so, I find it strange that you say they despise religion. That's a strong term to use. The only people that express such strong emotions related to religion, are other religious people that belong to a different religion than the one they are attacking. Most atheists I know just couldn't be bothered with religion
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
August 07, 2017, 05:01:39 AM
In my opinion i think that atheists hate religion due to reason they feel superior and they find it funny the think that many people are deceived in a kind of way.They also believe that the science have tell them the truth about everything and will rule the world with it.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
August 02, 2017, 01:27:54 PM
I'm an atheist. And I don't hate religion I just thee hate the methos which are used by the people to worship their god, aAllah or whatever
Activity: 80
August 02, 2017, 11:41:19 AM
That is their ideology in all religions. That religion doesn't help you in all times.
Activity: 630
Merit: 263
August 02, 2017, 10:26:09 AM
It seems to me that OP wants to blame his sins of atheists. Atheists never had a hatred of religion. How can you hate something that does not happen? What can be said about Church going people. They're all people who do not share their beliefs. This is because of the aggressiveness of believers in the world there is a lot of wars.
Activity: 448
Merit: 251
Futurov
August 02, 2017, 09:13:09 AM
atheists dont actually hate religion. People just usually get the wrong idea and tend to overgeneralize the situation because of the fact that atheists cant simply accept and believe of a religion's thriving existence. They have their own reason and logical explanation why they choose not to believe in it. To them, religion is just a mere fairytale, something that is purely fictional. If you want an atheist to believe then you must first state the facts.
Activity: 157
August 02, 2017, 08:33:24 AM
because week people ae always either religious or atheist who hate religions. because some just accept the fear and some start repelling even when there is no need for it that's where religious and atheist fundamentalism comes . and then there those who think who just don't care. they only care about when will Bitcoin price will rise.
Activity: 109
Merit: 100
August 02, 2017, 08:25:01 AM
It seems to me that atheists do not hate religion, but are indifferent to it. Atheists rather perceive religion as a fairy tale, and not a subject for hatred. Although many may consider the opposite.
Activity: 798
Merit: 722
August 01, 2017, 11:24:04 PM
Because religious people are too ignorant/gullible for their own health

Religious people hurt themselves and their family and society as a whole by neglecting/hindering science/medicine/etc

Religion is a thorn in the side of progress
Activity: 826
Merit: 529
July 31, 2017, 01:19:22 AM
nobody should hate any religion, whoever you are.
in a case of an atheist, he has to read a lot because of discovering the actual fact. if he doesn't read in every aspect then he hasn't gathered any knowledge about this issue. if he goes through about many things regarding the creation of nature, human being and others then he has to show respect every body belief. so he should not hate any religion.
Activity: 728
Merit: 266
July 30, 2017, 11:16:09 PM

Well people have different kinds of perception and interpretation about their feelings, we do not have the right to judge or to force our ideas to someone else. Maybe those people had their own explaination on how did they end up being an atheist just like the OP and the others saying. Maybe also it is from their own experiences in life that made them what they are today.
Activity: 154
🌟 eSports ICO: 01/11/2017 🌟
July 30, 2017, 03:04:28 PM
It seems to me that what someone believes in the absence of God or in the wrong religion, then this is also a kind of Faith. So I consider atheists to be very huge rivals of any religion.
Activity: 322
Merit: 151
They're tactical
July 30, 2017, 12:26:24 PM
All religions is just lies professing by crooks trying to fool and shake down people, also because of religion we have many wars and terrorists.

Many people understand this and renounce religions, because they are not needed in the modern world and soon the time will come when all religions will disappear.

Looks like kali yuga lol
Activity: 239
July 30, 2017, 11:55:21 AM
As if vast majority of violence in the previous one hundred years wasnt commited by secular communists and nazis...

That's so stupid

First, Hitler was a Catholic... he believed in god... read his book, Mein Kampf... listen to his speeches... he claims religious authority... Hitler was definitely christian

Even if Hitler was an atheist... the German people were christians... the nazi's were christians... German christians murdered the jews

The people who actually did the murdering in Germany (Hitler never killed anyone), were christian!

Besides, everyone knows Christians are the biggest war-mongers on the planet... why do you think America is the biggest threat to world peace?

Have you heard of the "Dark Ages", "The Crusades", "The Witch Hunts", et al?  Christians/Jews are horrible murderers who have been waging a war against everyone for 4000+ years (The murders of millions of people are well documented in the bible... Jews murdered the inhabitants of more than 60 cities in a single chapter of the bible)
I am afraid that Religion has been a factor why many people were killed before and why people kill. I mean, if you really believe in God or whoever your God is, I think God didn't order us to kill someone just to go straight in to heaven and have eternal peace. We must be kind and compassionate towards other people and have strong faith if we really want to go to heaven.
Activity: 798
Merit: 722
June 27, 2017, 01:16:00 PM
As if vast majority of violence in the previous one hundred years wasnt commited by secular communists and nazis...

That's so stupid

First, Hitler was a Catholic... he believed in god... read his book, Mein Kampf... listen to his speeches... he claims religious authority... Hitler was definitely christian

Even if Hitler was an atheist... the German people were christians... the nazi's were christians... German christians murdered the jews

The people who actually did the murdering in Germany (Hitler never killed anyone), were christian!

Besides, everyone knows Christians are the biggest war-mongers on the planet... why do you think America is the biggest threat to world peace?

Have you heard of the "Dark Ages", "The Crusades", "The Witch Hunts", et al?  Christians/Jews are horrible murderers who have been waging a war against everyone for 4000+ years (The murders of millions of people are well documented in the bible... Jews murdered the inhabitants of more than 60 cities in a single chapter of the bible)
Activity: 322
Merit: 252
June 26, 2017, 11:40:52 PM
I don't think that they "hate" Religion but rather correcting the religious one.
because for example, "some" of the Christians always called atheist as an evil entity, evil-possessed human and satanist(etc).
Activity: 73
Merit: 4
May 22, 2017, 06:24:06 AM
My opinion, because we all are asleep! when you are thinking of God it's like waking up from your sleep, and some people just can't handle being waked up, so they are angry about God, why doesn't he leave them to sleep.
Activity: 910
Merit: 500
May 21, 2017, 10:34:41 AM
You contradict yourself. According to the definition of religion (http://www.dictionary.com/browse/religion?s=t), whatever you believe in is a religion for you. Nobody, not even you, can walk around without having any beliefs whatsoever.

A sane person will believe in things that seem logical. It is not logical to believe that science theory is fact when it is acknowledged by scientists to not be know to be fact. Belief in science theory as fact is religious belief.

Cool

Wrong.
Science is not a religion. You say that theories are acknowledged by scientists to not be facts?
Well that's the very difference between theories and theorems... But only few theories remain. Most science aspects have been proven right now.

Could you give an example of a scientific theory that is not proven? Cause the only ones I see are... Well no scientist "believe in them" they just find those theories interesting and we think it MIGHT be the answer but that's all.

Where are those scientists right now? Lol they are all dead  turns into ash. Scientific Theory that are not proven? Lol a lot example human evolution is from the fish seriously? You are talking about theory and theorem yet it seems that you dont understand its meaning
Activity: 574
Merit: 506
May 21, 2017, 07:40:28 AM
All religions is just lies professing by crooks trying to fool and shake down people, also because of religion we have many wars and terrorists.

Many people understand this and renounce religions, because they are not needed in the modern world and soon the time will come when all religions will disappear.

You are not very literate, are you? Numbers say the exact opposite of your feelings. The west is in the process of desecularization and the rest of the world never abandoned moral compass provided by Faith.

It is completely logical aswell. As one thing agnostics fear is commitment. Commitment to family, to a nation, to a Faith.

Nature doesnt reward fear of commitment.

Keep in mind, that only about half of "unaffs" are non-religious. The rest are simply in transition period.
Pages:
Jump to: