Pages:
Author

Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion? - page 75. (Read 901342 times)

Activity: 142
Merit: 100
May 21, 2017, 07:23:13 AM
All religions is just lies professing by crooks trying to fool and shake down people, also because of religion we have many wars and terrorists.

Many people understand this and renounce religions, because they are not needed in the modern world and soon the time will come when all religions will disappear.
Activity: 574
Merit: 506
May 21, 2017, 06:51:45 AM
^^^^^ That's an interesting religion you have there.    Cool

Yeah, there are alot of misinformed folk out there.

As if vast majority of violence in the previous one hundred years wasnt commited by secular communists and nazis, who in orwellian fashion deified state and nation in misguided belief, they can alter and bend natural order to their whims and wishes.

Then there are others, who call themselves "atheist", yet they do belive in God. And hate Him for some assumed injustice. Thats not atheism, thats cry of sheltered child, that just realized parents cannnot pander to it all the time. They refuse to understand, that they were gifted with free will precisely for the reason, that they themselves will be held accountable for the way they chose to lead their limited life.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
May 21, 2017, 04:09:08 AM
^^^^^ That's an interesting religion you have there.    Cool
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
May 21, 2017, 12:13:16 AM
All religions is just lies professing by crooks trying to fool and shake down people, also because of religion we have many wars and terrorists.
legendary
May 20, 2017, 10:24:12 PM

Wrong.
Science is not a religion. You say that theories are acknowledged by scientists to not be facts?
Well that's the very difference between theories and theorems... But only few theories remain. Most science aspects have been proven right now.

Could you give an example of a scientific theory that is not proven? Cause the only ones I see are... Well no scientist "believe in them" they just find those theories interesting and we think it MIGHT be the answer but that's all.

I agree with you that science is not religion. So you are wrong with your "wrong," because I didn't say that science is religion.

Belief in science theory as fact is religious belief.

Looks like you didn't say that the first time.

If science theories had been proven, they would be science laws. The fact that they remain theories shows that they have not been proven.
Most of them are laws yeah... Do you have an example of what is called a theory and not a law?

People who believe unproven things to be fact, have religion going for themselves. Science theories are not religion. Only the people who believe that they are factual when it is not known, are the people who have a religion going for themselves in the science theories.

Cool

Nobody says that...
I don't understand what you're saying...

I had been accused of saying that science is religion. I was using the statement Science theories are not religion to show that I understand that not even science theory is religion.

Look at it this way. Imagine that a sculptor makes a little statue. He carves it out of stone, or maybe even wood. It is a nice little statue. Is it religion? Of course not.

If people start to worship the little statue, they have a religion regarding the little statue. The statue itself is not religion. Yet, the worshipers have a religion regarding the statue.

In a similar way, science and science theory are not religion. But if people "worship" science theory by calling it truth when it is not known to be truth, they are starting into their own religion regarding the science theory involved. And their religion is exceptionally religious if they KNOW that the theory has not been proven to be fact, but they treat it as fact anyway.

Big bang, relativity, evolution, and black hole theories are not known to be factual. They are not laws.

Big bang is not known to be something that could exist. But if it were know to be possible, it still would not be known to have been the way the universe came about.

Relativity still has strong opposition in other things. It is not known to be fact.

Evolution should have been dropped as theory long ago. The whole thing is just stories, most of which do not fit what has happened. But if the stories fit, there are other things that fit as well, making evolution something that should not even be considered theory.

Black holes exist. Black hole theory tries to explain them. So far, nobody knows if the theory fits what is actually happening in a black hole. Black holes are fact. Black hole theory is not known to be fact.

People who know that theories are not necessarily factual, but believe them to be factual, must be betting in the lottery a lot. For them, science theory is like a religion. If they are adamant "believers," the theories are a religion for them.

Cool

Holy extra big bundle of bollocks Batman!!
Gonna need an extra large bottle of chunky badecker blue cheese drivel dressing
to drizzle all over that gigantic tossed word salad....

That's okay. Your religion is a good thing for you. Thanks for expressing it.

Cool

just to clarify.. and I'll say it reeeeeal slow....
I   don't    have     a      phucking               stupid          religion       ...got it?

you retarded delusional willfully ignorant arrogant godswill-evangelizing full of bollocks pious preaching  evolution science denying jerk.
but i still love ya dude!!
how's that for expressing my non-religion?

Just to clarify, and I'll say it real slow,
you   aren't   an   atheist.

Atheists believe that God doesn't exist. You know that He might exist somewhere that you haven't examined, yet. So you don't believe that He doesn't exist.

Cool
legendary
Activity: 3388
Merit: 3514
born once atheist
May 20, 2017, 10:07:49 PM

Wrong.
Science is not a religion. You say that theories are acknowledged by scientists to not be facts?
Well that's the very difference between theories and theorems... But only few theories remain. Most science aspects have been proven right now.

Could you give an example of a scientific theory that is not proven? Cause the only ones I see are... Well no scientist "believe in them" they just find those theories interesting and we think it MIGHT be the answer but that's all.

I agree with you that science is not religion. So you are wrong with your "wrong," because I didn't say that science is religion.

If science theories had been proven, they would be science laws. The fact that they remain theories shows that they have not been proven.
Most of them are laws yeah... Do you have an example of what is called a theory and not a law?

People who believe unproven things to be fact, have religion going for themselves. Science theories are not religion. Only the people who believe that they are factual when it is not known, are the people who have a religion going for themselves in the science theories.

Cool

Nobody says that...

I had been accused of saying that science is religion. I was using the statement Science theories are not religion to show that I understand that not even science theory is religion.

Look at it this way. Imagine that a sculptor makes a little statue. He carves it out of stone, or maybe even wood. It is a nice little statue. Is it religion? Of course not.

If people start to worship the little statue, they have a religion regarding the little statue. The statue itself is not religion. Yet, the worshipers have a religion regarding the statue.

In a similar way, science and science theory are not religion. But if people "worship" science theory by calling it truth when it is not known to be truth, they are starting into their own religion regarding the science theory involved. And their religion is exceptionally religious if they KNOW that the theory has not been proven to be fact, but they treat it as fact anyway.

Big bang, relativity, evolution, and black hole theories are not known to be factual. They are not laws.

Big bang is not known to be something that could exist. But if it were know to be possible, it still would not be known to have been the way the universe came about.

Relativity still has strong opposition in other things. It is not known to be fact.

Evolution should have been dropped as theory long ago. The whole thing is just stories, most of which do not fit what has happened. But if the stories fit, there are other things that fit as well, making evolution something that should not even be considered theory.

Black holes exist. Black hole theory tries to explain them. So far, nobody knows if the theory fits what is actually happening in a black hole. Black holes are fact. Black hole theory is not known to be fact.

People who know that theories are not necessarily factual, but believe them to be factual, must be betting in the lottery a lot. For them, science theory is like a religion. If they are adamant "believers," the theories are a religion for them.

Cool

Cool

just to clarify.. and I'll say it reeeeeal slow....
I   don't    have     a      phucking               stupid          religion       ...got it?

you retarded delusional willfully ignorant arrogant godswill-evangelizing full of bollocks pious preaching  evolution science denying jerk.
but i still love ya dude!!
how's that for expressing my non-religion?
legendary
May 18, 2017, 09:09:44 PM

Wrong.

Cool

Nobody says that...

Cool

Cool
legendary
born once atheist
May 18, 2017, 09:03:51 PM

Wrong.

Cool

Nobody says that...

Cool

legendary
May 18, 2017, 11:44:19 AM

Wrong.

Cool

Nobody says that...

Cool
Activity: 840
Merit: 529
May 18, 2017, 10:53:30 AM

Wrong.

Cool

Nobody says that...
Activity: 560
Merit: 257
May 17, 2017, 10:10:58 AM
You contradict yourself. According to the definition of religion (http://www.dictionary.com/browse/religion?s=t), whatever you believe in is a religion for you. Nobody, not even you, can walk around without having any beliefs whatsoever.

A sane person will believe in things that seem logical. It is not logical to believe that science theory is fact when it is acknowledged by scientists to not be know to be fact. Belief in science theory as fact is religious belief.

Cool

Wrong.

I agree, it would be wrong to call a science a religion. Because they do not deal with things that can not be proven. There were theories that was proven wrong, but in science things are always like that... right or wrong. In religion everything is based on belief, and that people cant prove to be right, because people believe in many things. Maybe atheists are a bit more on scientist side than on religion, and that is why they need proof for religions teachings.
Activity: 630
Merit: 250
May 17, 2017, 09:51:48 AM
Atheists are who they are, it isn't like they hate religion but they don't want to participate for whatever their reason is. The same reason Christians don't want to be Muslims or Buddhist and vice versa. We all have our beliefs but the fact that we are trying to impose it on them or see them as insane or outcasts actually drives them insane. Sure, who shouldn't believe there is a higher power which is God but should we be the one to judge them?

Society is beginning to make them hate the fact that religion exist. They are being marginalised in our societies today, people dislike them just because of who they are. They are viewed as buzzkills and as a general rule, people favor members of their own group. Most people in the world are religious and thus to reject religion makes one a member of a minority outgroup. So if you are one, what would you do?

Let us also note that there is a common belief that rejecting God is the same as rejecting morality. However, countries that have high rates of atheism (Scandinavian nations) tend to have much lower violent crime and teen pregnancy rates than countries high in religiosity such as the United States.  In addition, in the United States, the least religious states have the lowest violent crime rates. Like it or not, there is no compelling evidence that atheists are less moral than believers. Morality can be found with and without religion. In fact, research indicates that atheist parents spend a lot of time teaching their children to be moral, compassionate, and fair.

I don't believe in atheism, I love God and I accept them because they are God's creation. I have some of them as friends and from what I have been able to find out they have no problem with my religion. All I do is pray for them for God to reveal himself cause they have their own beliefs just as I do and that is just in their own existence and that what would be would be as long as they keep doing the right things (conscience driven) and honestly, they even have the best of behaviours than some of us.
Activity: 234
Merit: 100
May 17, 2017, 04:20:38 AM
You contradict yourself. According to the definition of religion (http://www.dictionary.com/browse/religion?s=t), whatever you believe in is a religion for you. Nobody, not even you, can walk around without having any beliefs whatsoever.

A sane person will believe in things that seem logical. It is not logical to believe that science theory is fact when it is acknowledged by scientists to not be know to be fact. Belief in science theory as fact is religious belief.

Cool

Wrong.

Cool

By definition of religion is a belief of existence of a divinity or supreme being. Religion and belief are two word with different meanings. I believe that vegetables are healthy then does that mean this is a religion? No of course. I believe that democracy is the best form of government then does this mean this is a religion? Of course not. You see science is not a religion but rather a systematic and organize body of knowledge and logical reasonings by the help of actual evidences. The theories which they have not proven yet or not certain like Big Bang is an example that they do use the evidences they have gathered to unravel history but at the same time they stated that they are unsure due to lack of evidence of proofs regarding this. The point is science is not a religion.

Don't get me wrong and saying that I'm an atheist or what. It is just that you have a wrong definition of religion there.

Definition of religion:
religion
[ri-lij-uh n]

noun

1. a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.

2. a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects:
the Christian religion; the Buddhist religion.

3. the body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices:
a world council of religions.

4. the life or state of a monk, nun, etc.:
to enter religion.

5. the practice of religious beliefs; ritual observance of faith.

6. something one believes in and follows devotedly; a point or matter of ethics or conscience:
to make a religion of fighting prejudice.

7. religions, Archaic. religious rites:
painted priests performing religions deep into the night.

8. Archaic. strict faithfulness; devotion:
a religion to one's vow.

As you can see from the definition, religion does not necessarily always pertain to a supreme being.

If you tell yourself and others that you believe that vegetables are healthy, you may not really believe it. But if you do really believe it, it is part of your religion of life... by the definition.

If you tell yourself and others that you believe that democracy is the best form of government, you may not really believe it. But if you do really believe it, it is part of your religion of life... by the definition.

As I have stated, above, science is not a religion. Even science theories are not a religion. But, if you tell yourself and others that you believe that the subject of a science theory is factual when you know that it is not, you may not really believe it. But if you do really believe it, it is part of your religion of life... by the definition.

You might have your own definition of religion, or there might be several different public definitions of religion, but when you get into the detailed definition of religion that is shown in various encyclopedias, the, above, definition is one of the most accurate.

Cool

You don't make sense actually like saying not believing then believing and concludes that it is a religio  of life. Can't you read it and understand the definition you have given? What the hell that you are saying by believung vegetables are healthy that it is a religion of life you say? Examine the definitions with scrutinity no just understanding thay believing or belief into something equates to religion because it is not. It requires ritual as it state, a devotion, faith, fundamental set of beliefs, practices. It is indirectly stated that religion has something to do i  worshipping someone or something that is either a God or considered to be God like in the ancient times where people worship trees, seas, rivers and etc. This involves some practices like praying, singing, and performing some rituals. Also it afdects how you live your life like you tend not to cut trees in ancient times because they believe that it will anger the spirit or spirits or a god or gods by doing so.

google defines religion as:

re·li·gion
/rəˈlijən/
noun

noun: religion

》the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.
》》》》"ideas about the relationship between science and religion"
》》》》synonyms:   faith, belief, worship, creed; More
》sect, church, cult, denomination
》》》》"the freedom to practice their own religion"
a particular system of faith and worship.
plural noun: religions
"the world's great religions"
》a pursuit or interest to which someone ascribes supreme importance.
》》》》"consumerism is the new religion"

and Wikepedia also defines religion as:

Religion is any cultural system of designated behaviors and practices, world views, texts, sancitifed places, ethics, or organizations, that relate humanity to the supernatural or transcendental. Religions relate humanity to what anthropologist Clifford Geertz has referred to as a cosmic "order of existence".[1]

Different religions may or may not contain various elements ranging from the "divine",[2] "sacred things",[3] "faith",[4] a "supernatural being or supernatural beings"[5] or "some sort of ultimacy and transcendence that will provide norms and power for the rest of life".[6] Religious practices may include rituals, sermons, commemoration or veneration (of deities), sacrifices, festivals, feasts, trances, initiations, funerary services, matrimonial services, meditation, prayer, music, art, dance, public service, or other aspects of human culture. Religions have sacred histories and narratives, which may be preserved in sacred scriptures, and symbols and holy places, that aim mostly to give a meaning to life. Religions may contain symbolic stories, which are sometimes said by followers to be true, that have the side purpose of explaining the origin of life, the Universe and other things. Traditionally, faith, in addition to reason, has been considered a source of religious beliefs.[7] There are an estimated 10,000 distinct religions worldwide.[8] About 84% of the world's population is affiliated with one of the five largest religions, namely Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism or forms of folk religion.[9]

With the onset of the modernisation of and the scientific revolution in the western world, some aspects of religion have cumulatively been criticized. The religiously unaffiliated demographic include those who do not identify with any particular religion, atheists and agnostics. While the religiously unaffiliated have grown globally, many of the religiously unaffiliated still have various religious beliefs.[10] About 16% of the world's population is religiously unaffiliated.[9] The study of religion encompasses a wide variety of academic disciplines, including theology, comparative religion and social scientific studies. Theories of religion offer various explanations for the origins and workings of religion.

I hope that's enough for you. Not even one in those definitions agreed that by believing vegetables healthy or democracy as good government is a religion. Improve your comprehension please.
Activity: 644
May 16, 2017, 11:01:07 AM

Cool

This guy is soooooooooooo dumb
I mean everytime he writes something I lose more and more faith in humanity ><

People like this are soooooooooooooo silly. They have something important to say... they think... but they don't even understand their own reasons why.

Cool

I think because they are just rushing their post on their signature campaign. they need to fill the quota on their signature campaign thats why even if they construct a sentence that makes no sense, it will be okay for them just to finish their quotas.
legendary
May 16, 2017, 10:24:21 AM

Cool

People like this are soooooooooooooo silly. They have something important to say... they think... but they don't even understand their own reasons why.

Cool
Activity: 448
May 16, 2017, 07:39:55 AM

Cool

Activity: 560
Merit: 257
May 14, 2017, 02:24:08 PM
I am not an atheists, but tilting towards it. Mainly because the biggest of wars were fought to show that one's religion is better and still these wars are being waged. Even less violent religions like Hinduism have so many evil things associated with them. Religion is doing no good to the society. It's better to be an atheist and just don't harm other people or animals, contribute towards a better society and stay far from the crimes. 
So many bad things had been done in the name of God or religion. But we must not forgot that every bad thing that is done it is done by man, and man alone. I do not think that it is fair to blame everything on religion, because religion on its own teach us to be good and help and love each other. Corrupted people who use religion for there own gain are bad, not religion.
Activity: 952
Merit: 284
In love with Bitcoin!! 💓💕
May 14, 2017, 12:37:11 PM
I am not an atheists, but tilting towards it. Mainly because the biggest of wars were fought to show that one's religion is better and still these wars are being waged. Even less violent religions like Hinduism have so many evil things associated with them. Religion is doing no good to the society. It's better to be an atheist and just don't harm other people or animals, contribute towards a better society and stay far from the crimes. 
legendary
born once atheist
May 14, 2017, 11:43:02 AM
note how in that definition posted above, nowhere are the words "evidence" or "reason" ....
small wonder...when it comes to religion, there is neither

legendary
May 14, 2017, 09:47:36 AM

Cool

Wrong.

Cool

By definition of religion is a belief of existence of a divinity or supreme being. Religion and belief are two word with different meanings. I believe that vegetables are healthy then does that mean this is a religion? No of course. I believe that democracy is the best form of government then does this mean this is a religion? Of course not. You see science is not a religion but rather a systematic and organize body of knowledge and logical reasonings by the help of actual evidences. The theories which they have not proven yet or not certain like Big Bang is an example that they do use the evidences they have gathered to unravel history but at the same time they stated that they are unsure due to lack of evidence of proofs regarding this. The point is science is not a religion.

Don't get me wrong and saying that I'm an atheist or what. It is just that you have a wrong definition of religion there.

Definition of religion:
religion
[ri-lij-uh n]

noun

1. a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.

2. a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects:
the Christian religion; the Buddhist religion.

3. the body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices:
a world council of religions.

4. the life or state of a monk, nun, etc.:
to enter religion.

5. the practice of religious beliefs; ritual observance of faith.

6. something one believes in and follows devotedly; a point or matter of ethics or conscience:
to make a religion of fighting prejudice.

7. religions, Archaic. religious rites:
painted priests performing religions deep into the night.

8. Archaic. strict faithfulness; devotion:
a religion to one's vow.

As you can see from the definition, religion does not necessarily always pertain to a supreme being.

If you tell yourself and others that you believe that vegetables are healthy, you may not really believe it. But if you do really believe it, it is part of your religion of life... by the definition.

If you tell yourself and others that you believe that democracy is the best form of government, you may not really believe it. But if you do really believe it, it is part of your religion of life... by the definition.

As I have stated, above, science is not a religion. Even science theories are not a religion. But, if you tell yourself and others that you believe that the subject of a science theory is factual when you know that it is not, you may not really believe it. But if you do really believe it, it is part of your religion of life... by the definition.

You might have your own definition of religion, or there might be several different public definitions of religion, but when you get into the detailed definition of religion that is shown in various encyclopedias, the, above, definition is one of the most accurate.

Cool
Pages:
Jump to: