Pages:
Author

Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion? - page 78. (Read 901342 times)

legendary
Activity: 3388
Merit: 3514
born once atheist
April 30, 2017, 10:07:31 AM
I think that this topic is getting ridiculous. People hate religions because they have their own reason. I also dont believe at them that they dont believe in God of course they do before yet their fate lessen but deep inside they are still hoping

no seriously, I don't believe any gods exist, or ever existed

If a god exists, it is an utter failure

God cannot even get people to believe he/she exists... that's a failure

If any god played an active role in manipulating events on earth it would be obvious to everyone, and we would all believe in that god

What god creates Hitler, mosquitoes, malaria, aids, and child cancer? (to name a few)

There is no reason to believe any god exists, and many reasons to believe no gods exist

Yet, you are so far above the next most intelligent animal (chimp, dolphin), that you are a god with regard to them.

Yet, you are so ignorant regarding the knowledge and intelligence behind and within the universe, that God is way greater than you.

Cool

You failed to address his point entirely but just did what you always do
when you have no rebuttal, deflect and make some retarded "yet....bla bla" statement... in this particular case, proclaiming how
great your imaginary god is and how ignorant we all are.
Your arrogance shines and its people like you that make atheists hate religion. Id be willing to
bet even a lot of your fellow believers find many of your posts rather off-putting.

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
April 29, 2017, 10:04:19 AM
Atheist has faith that there is no God --------------- A gambler
Relegionist  has faith there is one or more God ---- A gambler   and I coined the word relegionist
Agnostic is honest and simply admits I don't know for sure what the truth is.

Any hatred of the three types of people above against each other is due to the fact that humans make tribes or groups that fight each other.

ie human nature  is to be fearful of  a stranger or different groups of strangers.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
April 29, 2017, 09:48:18 AM
I think that this topic is getting ridiculous. People hate religions because they have their own reason. I also dont believe at them that they dont believe in God of course they do before yet their fate lessen but deep inside they are still hoping

If any god played an active role in manipulating events on earth it would be obvious to everyone, and we would all believe in that god

What god creates Hitler, mosquitoes, malaria, aids, and child cancer? (to name a few)

There is no reason to believe any god exists, and many reasons to believe no gods exist

Yet, you are so far above the next most intelligent animal (chimp, dolphin), that you are a god with regard to them.

Yet, you are so ignorant regarding the knowledge and intelligence behind and within the universe, that God is way greater than you.

Cool
Activity: 798
Merit: 258
April 29, 2017, 06:46:41 AM
So I see 2 threads of why islam hates people or why people hate Islam. I dont see the point of such a mundane debate based on religion any debate for or against religion would be stupid. Either you are stupid to believe what a prophet / god / divine entity said or you are stupid enough to believe you can change the minds of the bleak minded people who follow such a prophet / god / divine entity.

But since its fun let me initiate my own brand of 'why do' topic.

WHY DO ATHEISTS (like me) HATE RELIGION ?

Seriously what has to happen in a person's life for them to seriously give up hope on the one true everlasting brand (of religion) which their ancestors have followed for generations.

Everyone has their own story even I have mine, so lets hear some of it.

Some people hate Islam because, because most terrorist was muslim member. Then, regarding about the atheist why they hate religion, it is because felt to themselves that they are the highest level of people which thinking they are the most intelligent one in the world were they know everything. But thing is not, and most of them don't believed in God.
Activity: 910
Merit: 500
April 29, 2017, 04:08:26 AM

You cant say that you wouldnt believe into something that you couldnt see. As far as i know you have faith for any of the things in life not all. Simple thing that you have to remember is that if god does not exist explain where all did came from. Lets say you really doesnt believe in god yet still you know that there is really a creator(hmm maybe you think that the creator is an engineer)
Activity: 128
Merit: 100
April 29, 2017, 02:20:57 AM
Because they think religion is stupid, yet so many people follow one. To them, it gets frustrating.
I can not understand atheists why they are so anti-God and against people who believe in him. After all, they do not interfere with this and do not harm anything. And why this confrontation I can not understand.
Activity: 285
Merit: 250
April 28, 2017, 11:42:00 PM
Because they think religion is stupid, yet so many people follow one. To them, it gets frustrating.
Merit: 722
April 28, 2017, 11:11:57 PM

Activity: 910
Merit: 500
April 28, 2017, 11:04:38 PM
Activity: 632
Merit: 250
April 28, 2017, 10:32:11 PM
If I could find one religious person with the capability to discuss the below, maybe I'll believe.

If everything must have been created, who created the creator?

Your answer has to be either:
1. No one, God doesn't exist
2. No one, God always existed

If you chose 2, what stops the Universe from having always existed as well?

Entropy.

If there was no beginning to the universe, the energy within (which can't be destroyed or created) would have, long ago, been dispersed and diffused by entropy to the point that there would be no complexity.

Cool

Again, science has explained how the current version of our universe could have spawned from literally nothing (as far as we are concerned) and proved that matter survives at a higher rate than antimatter.

This universe could easily die out and another born out of nothing, just like ours was.

Still, the question is left unanswered and you just tried to deflect to a different question, I didn't ask you how long a universe can survive. Who made God so he could make energy that a universe/universes form from?
In you have never thought that the very God is not a man, but the very energy that created the world and the whole universe in general. Just in e perceive things literally and it's not right.
April 28, 2017, 06:52:19 PM
if someone says he is an atheist, he is a liar

You are a horrible person who is not worthy of my time

Back on ignore
legendary
April 28, 2017, 06:37:22 PM
If I could find one religious person with the capability to discuss the below, maybe I'll believe.

Entropy.

If there was no beginning to the universe, the energy within (which can't be destroyed or created) would have, long ago, been dispersed and diffused by entropy to the point that there would be no complexity.

Cool

Again, science has explained how the current version of our universe could have spawned from literally nothing (as far as we are concerned) and proved that matter survives at a higher rate than antimatter.

This universe could easily die out and another born out of nothing, just like ours was.

Still, the question is left unanswered and you just tried to deflect to a different question, I didn't ask you how long a universe can survive. Who made God so he could make energy that a universe/universes form from?

Entropy is a scientific law. It is not a guesswork thing like the idea of universes spawned from nothing. Therefore, the answer stands... entropy.

Cool

Entropy answers this question: How does our universe eventually decay and become nothing?

It does not answer my question, which questions the source of the energy itself, not the fact that it will eventually decay. If it must have a source, and you say it must since it decays, what is the source of that source? Why could the Universe not have spawned out of nothing just like your source of everything?

Your original question had to do with an eternal universe. The answer was "entropy."

We have no evidence of machines that simply pop into being. Yet, the universe is a complex machine full of countless machines.

All our evidence says that machines are built by someone. All our evidence says that the less intelligent the machine maker, the less complex the machine. We haven't even identified all the complex machines of the universe, to say nothing about duplicating them. So, the Maker of these universe machines is like God to us.

Cool
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1052
April 28, 2017, 06:24:08 PM

Entropy.

Cool

Entropy is a scientific law. It is not a guesswork thing like the idea of universes spawned from nothing. Therefore, the answer stands... entropy.

Cool

Entropy answers this question: How does our universe eventually decay and become nothing?

It does not answer my question, which questions the source of the energy itself, not the fact that it will eventually decay. If it must have a source, and you say it must since it decays, what is the source of that source? Why could the Universe not have spawned out of nothing just like your source of everything?
legendary
April 28, 2017, 06:20:28 PM

Entropy.

Cool

Cool
legendary
April 28, 2017, 06:17:07 PM

Entropy.

Cool

legendary
April 28, 2017, 06:13:13 PM
You state definitely that God doesn't exist.

Nobody says this...

Atheists say there is no evidence of god

We don't believe in things without evidence:
Unicorns
Aliens
Gremlins
Faeries
Dragons
Gods

Atheists are evidence based... if you have evidence of a god, present it (not your same old 4 links bullshit)

The one thing I like about atheists is that they state what they believe. Then they stop being atheists, because they know that God might exist. This doesn't stop them from being liars that they are still atheists.

atheism
[ey-thee-iz-uh m]

noun

1. the doctrine or belief that there is no God.

2. disbelief in the existence of a supreme being or beings.

Again, not believing in something is different from claiming it doesn't exist

Why do we keep going over the same simple concepts?

Are you being daft intentionally?

Disbelief is not an affirmative claim

Do you even read the stuff you quote?

Stop calling me a liar unless you want to quote where I lied... if you cannot provide evidence, you are simple projecting your lying behavior onto me

There is no such thing a void belief about something that has been suggested. This means that when "God" is talked about, He is either believed to exist or He is believed to not exist.

This is what the dictionary definition means. And since there is the possibility that God might exist, then God is NOT believed to NOT exist. So, there is no atheism once the suggestion of God has been brought up.

Again, read the dictionary definition you quoted...

Atheism is a disbelief in gods... a belief that no gods exist... not a claim that there is proof no gods exist

I don't believe the Flying Spaghetti Monster exists, but I don't claim to know for certain it doesn't...

You aren't good at subtlety are you?

Exactly as you say.

There is no atheism in people who have heard about the idea of God. The only place where there might be some atheism is in people who have never heard the idea of God.

So, if someone says he is an atheist, he is a liar, or at best, a deeply atheism religious person. What he isn't is an atheist.

Cool
April 28, 2017, 06:08:15 PM

Nobody says this...

Unicorns
Aliens
Gremlins
Faeries
Dragons
Gods

Atheists are evidence based... if you have evidence of a god, present it (not your same old 4 links bullshit)

The one thing I like about atheists is that they state what they believe. Then they stop being atheists, because they know that God might exist. This doesn't stop them from being liars that they are still atheists.

atheism
[ey-thee-iz-uh m]

noun

Stop calling me a liar unless you want to quote where I lied... if you cannot provide evidence, you are simple projecting your lying behavior onto me

There is no such thing a void belief about something that has been suggested. This means that when "God" is talked about, He is either believed to exist or He is believed to not exist.

This is what the dictionary definition means. And since there is the possibility that God might exist, then God is NOT believed to NOT exist. So, there is no atheism once the suggestion of God has been brought up.

Again, read the dictionary definition you quoted...

Atheism is a disbelief in gods... a belief that no gods exist... not a claim that there is proof no gods exist

I don't believe the Flying Spaghetti Monster exists, but I don't claim to know for certain it doesn't...

There is a possibility faeries, unicorns, and leprechauns exist... but I don't believe in them, pray to them, or bet my soul on their existance

You aren't good at subtlety are you?
(answer: daft intentionally)
legendary
April 28, 2017, 06:07:54 PM

Entropy.

Cool
legendary
April 28, 2017, 05:56:31 PM

Either way, the need for a creator is nonsense as that means you'd need a creator for them and so on to infinity.
legendary
April 28, 2017, 05:46:52 PM

Nobody says this...

Unicorns
Aliens
Gremlins
Faeries
Dragons
Gods

atheism
[ey-thee-iz-uh m]

noun

Cool
Pages:
Jump to: