Pages:
Author

Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion? - page 71. (Read 901342 times)

Activity: 636
Merit: 505
September 08, 2017, 11:05:53 PM

The most common "skeptical" fallacy is to equate an untested and hypothetical explanation with a theory based on empirical data.
People who believe in Materialism often try to discredit the empirical evidence for the afterlife by making up stories about why that evidence might be wrong without really investigating the evidence or by backing up their stories with facts. They don't even realize their stories are contradicted by facts because they never investigated the evidence in the first place.

Vod wants to say that the afterlife is a fairy tale, but he has zero credibility. He never wants to talk about hard evidence, he likes to play pretend with his untested and hypothetical stories.
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
August 31, 2017, 06:48:55 PM
There aren't any atheists.

I'm an atheist. 

Cool

No. You are a user of political science.    Cool

No, I am an atheist.

Cool
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1003
August 31, 2017, 06:46:00 PM

I'm an atheist. 

Cool

And you are a CIA agent.

Best regards.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
August 31, 2017, 05:13:15 PM

I'm an atheist. 

Cool

Vod
legendary
August 31, 2017, 05:01:42 PM

I'm an atheist. 

Cool
legendary
August 31, 2017, 12:22:08 PM
By the definition of "religion," atheism is a religion - http://www.dictionary.com/browse/search?s=t. Read the whole definition, slowly.

Cool

If you refer to the "a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects" part then traffic laws are religions as well, and that is just a stupid way to go about it.

And if you follow traffic laws religiously, then they are a religion for you.

Cool
legendary
August 31, 2017, 12:19:14 PM
If you refer to the "a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects" part then traffic laws are religions as well, and that is just a stupid way to go about it.

Do atheists have a fundamental set of practices?   No - we have an absence of such things.   Definition does not apply to us.

Cool

So-called atheists have the fundamental practice of absenting themselves from fundamental practices.

There aren't any atheists. Why not? Because all the so-called atheists know for a fact that there are at least a few spots in the universe they haven't checked out to see if God is there or not. This means that they might be attempting to be atheists. But they are not atheists.

Cool
Activity: 505
Merit: 100
August 31, 2017, 10:48:36 AM
I can see one reason why atheists dont like religion. As I know, atheists are logical people. Meaning, for them, there is always a logical explanation for everything. Now, on the other hand, religion as a whole really don't go with logic. There are so many things that are just cannot be explained by science. Atheists need to see before they believe, which is normal. But religion wants you to believe even without seeing, which is very hard to do.
Vod
legendary
August 30, 2017, 02:07:35 AM

Do atheists have a fundamental set of practices?   No - we have an absence of such things.   Definition does not apply to us.

Cool
Activity: 195
THE GAME OF CHANCE. CHANGED.
August 30, 2017, 02:02:53 AM
By the definition of "religion," atheism is a religion - http://www.dictionary.com/browse/search?s=t. Read the whole definition, slowly.

Cool

Activity: 93
Merit: 10
August 29, 2017, 04:11:58 PM
Religion can be defined as one's or a collective's belief and worship of an entity or entities with greater power. Atheists dont hate religion. They just dismiss it. You cannot really hate what for you doesn't exist.
Vod
legendary
August 29, 2017, 04:01:15 PM
Science proves the existence of God:

Circular argument.  "Jesus christ exists because god says so!"   

Science and your fairy tale are incompatible.  You'll learn this eventually, no matter how long I have to teach you.

Cool

legendary
August 29, 2017, 03:17:49 PM
So I see 2 threads of why islam hates people or why people hate Islam. I dont see the point of such a mundane debate based on religion any debate for or against religion would be stupid. Either you are stupid to believe what a prophet / god / divine entity said or you are stupid enough to believe you can change the minds of the bleak minded people who follow such a prophet / god / divine entity.

But since its fun let me initiate my own brand of 'why do' topic.

WHY DO ATHEISTS (like me) HATE RELIGION ?

Seriously what has to happen in a person's life for them to seriously give up hope on the one true everlasting brand (of religion) which their ancestors have followed for generations.

Everyone has their own story even I have mine, so lets hear some of it.

There are many reasons why atheists hate religions, but i suppose the main reason of it is the argument of God's existence.
We all know that religions do believe in God, any God, depending on their religion which is for atheists, is a mere lie and false fact. Atheist depends on the law of science, they won't believe a thing until it has been proven, but of course, with a solid proof. Like the dinosaurs existence for example.
But then, on the other hand, religions just have their faith on believing to something they can't see, which is for the atheists is a pretty dumb thing to do.
I've encountered many theists and atheists arguing about their beliefs, how life started, who wrote the bible and the contradiction that it contains, why there were dinosaurs back then and many other questions between them. Yet, i might say that not all atheists hate religions, perhaps most, but not all.

Science proves the existence of God:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10718395
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14047133
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1662153.40
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.16803380.

Cool
Activity: 339
August 29, 2017, 12:39:06 PM
So I see 2 threads of why islam hates people or why people hate Islam. I dont see the point of such a mundane debate based on religion any debate for or against religion would be stupid. Either you are stupid to believe what a prophet / god / divine entity said or you are stupid enough to believe you can change the minds of the bleak minded people who follow such a prophet / god / divine entity.

Seriously what has to happen in a person's life for them to seriously give up hope on the one true everlasting brand (of religion) which their ancestors have followed for generations.

There are many reasons why atheists hate religions, but i suppose the main reason of it is the argument of God's existence.
We all know that religions do believe in God, any God, depending on their religion which is for atheists, is a mere lie and false fact. Atheist depends on the law of science, they won't believe a thing until it has been proven, but of course, with a solid proof. Like the dinosaurs existence for example.
But then, on the other hand, religions just have their faith on believing to something they can't see, which is for the atheists is a pretty dumb thing to do.
I've encountered many theists and atheists arguing about their beliefs, how life started, who wrote the bible and the contradiction that it contains, why there were dinosaurs back then and many other questions between them. Yet, i might say that not all atheists hate religions, perhaps most, but not all.
Activity: 462
August 29, 2017, 06:52:49 AM
Atheists are indifferent to all religious currents. I do not understand whence such an opinion that atheists hate something that simply does not exist. These religious fans exaggerate the significance of their religion.
Activity: 154
August 29, 2017, 03:49:40 AM
It is because they don't believe the existence of God. They don’t actually like moral constraints and wants to make their your own rules, or have none at all.
legendary
August 27, 2017, 07:49:15 PM
Atheists don't even exist. Why not? Because they don't understand that atheism is a religion.

Cool
Activity: 171
August 27, 2017, 09:01:30 AM
Atheists simply do not believe in religion and there can be no talk of hatred. So can only consider ardent religious fanatics who can not make atheists believe in their religion.
copper member
Activity: 346
August 26, 2017, 11:25:50 AM

I am not an atheist and have no atheist friend, but from some conversation and from what I read is that an atheist basically does not believe in God so that he does not believe or even hate religious rules.
You hate religion because you have no belief in God, you are convinced that without God you are able to do anything freely and unboundly, all according to what you want, you feel that you are able to live life without the help of God or anyone else, and by chance you Seeing that religious people do not have what you have, their lives are bothered by their religious rules, not according to what you believe, all things in religious life are against what you understand.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 500
August 26, 2017, 08:53:35 AM
I don't hate any religion but yeah, some facts and rituals are quite unfair. Almost all religions have different rules for men and women. I don't think any religion should differentiate between two genders.

My religion as well has some facts I don't agree with. "If someone strikes you on the cheek, offer the other cheek as well." "If one doesn't go to the Church on every Sunday, he is a sinner".

Religion shouldn't make someone lose their self respect or make anything compulsory for a person else they are called sinners. I'm not an atheist but do criticize religion at times.
You have a point in that matter, as what you had mentioned above which is written in the bible. I also don't agreed in someone doesn't go to the Church is a sinner. There is no person who don't get sin in a day, in fact, we don't know as well how many times we commit sin before end of the day whether unintentional or intentional sin. 
Pages:
Jump to: