Pages:
Author

Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion? - page 70. (Read 901342 times)

Activity: 284
Merit: 112
September 12, 2017, 06:49:19 PM
People always hate just part of themselves in others, so if Atheists hate religions is because they hate the religious part which is still hiding inside themselves.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
September 12, 2017, 02:53:36 PM
I think some see it as an influence on their surroundings.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
September 11, 2017, 08:44:09 PM
Islam wants all christians dead, and vice versa.

One could make a killing (pun intended) by selling weapons to both sides, and make the world a better place all at once!

Cool

Christianity wants the Islam religion dead... not the Muslims. Christians would rather Muslims became Christian and found true life.

Cool
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
September 11, 2017, 08:34:21 PM
Islam wants all christians dead, and vice versa.

One could make a killing (pun intended) by selling weapons to both sides, and make the world a better place all at once!

Cool
legendary
September 11, 2017, 08:31:20 PM
I'm an atheist and i don't hate any religion. I just hate anyone who kills people for nothing like ISIS. I've never seen any good come from a radical religious people. They are just to fanatic to admit the truths.

ISIS doesn't kill for nothing. Rather, the strict Islam religion requires all Muslims to kill all people who won't become Muslims. ISIS is simply doing what should have been done long ago by all Muslims. Time to get rid of Islam.

Cool
Activity: 103
Merit: 10
ICO Live! betterbetting.org
September 11, 2017, 04:04:58 PM
I'm an atheist and i don't hate any religion. I just hate anyone who kills people for nothing like ISIS. I've never seen any good come from a radical religious people. They are just to fanatic to admit the truths.
legendary
September 11, 2017, 02:11:58 PM
Atheists are people. All people are religious beings. Atheists hate religion because (deep down) they hate themselves for being atheists.

Cool

Atheists do not hate religion, but simply do not believe in it, although sometimes those who try to impersonate an atheist come across and actively oppose religion.

And the more adamant they are about not believing in religion, the more they are making a non-religion religion for themselves.

Cool
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Comprehensive Blockchain Billing Protocol
September 11, 2017, 11:57:54 AM
Atheists are people. All people are religious beings. Atheists hate religion because (deep down) they hate themselves for being atheists.

Cool

Atheists do not hate religion, but simply do not believe in it, although sometimes those who try to impersonate an atheist come across and actively oppose religion.
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
September 10, 2017, 05:24:17 PM
Well, if you don't believe in eating or breathing, just stop for a few days. What!?! You're not going to do this?!? Your death is bothering your conscience already.

Eating and breathing is not something we believe in - it's something we do that we have no control over.

Cool
legendary
September 10, 2017, 05:04:20 PM

Cool

Where is your proof for the statement that "all people are religious beings"?

From Dictionary.com:
religion
[ri-lij-uh n]

6. something one believes in and follows devotedly; a point or matter of ethics or conscience:
to make a religion of fighting prejudice.

All people have the religion of eating or breathing, if nothing else.

Cool

False, you do not believe in eating, and you don't eat as a matter of ethics or conscience. Thus, this definition does not match your statement.

Well, if you don't believe in eating or breathing, just stop for a few days. What!?! You're not going to do this?!? Your death is bothering your conscience already.

Cool
Activity: 98
September 10, 2017, 04:46:31 PM

Cool

From Dictionary.com:
religion
[ri-lij-uh n]

6. something one believes in and follows devotedly; a point or matter of ethics or conscience:

Cool

False, you do not believe in eating, and you don't eat as a matter of ethics or conscience. Thus, this definition does not match your statement.
legendary
September 10, 2017, 04:41:03 PM

Cool

From Dictionary.com:
religion
[ri-lij-uh n]

Cool
Activity: 98
September 10, 2017, 04:24:14 PM

Cool

legendary
September 10, 2017, 10:16:20 AM

Cool
Activity: 868
Merit: 266
September 10, 2017, 10:12:51 AM
No one was born an atheist in life, They all become atheist because at a point in time, they really needed something that no man can give and they turned to the respective Deity that they believe in and when they prayed and nothing happened, they begun to doubt that God even existed in the first place.
Activity: 221
September 10, 2017, 12:37:15 AM
So I see 2 threads of why islam hates people or why people hate Islam. I dont see the point of such a mundane debate based on religion any debate for or against religion would be stupid. Either you are stupid to believe what a prophet / god / divine entity said or you are stupid enough to believe you can change the minds of the bleak minded people who follow such a prophet / god / divine entity.

But since its fun let me initiate my own brand of 'why do' topic.

WHY DO ATHEISTS (like me) HATE RELIGION ?

Seriously what has to happen in a person's life for them to seriously give up hope on the one true everlasting brand (of religion) which their ancestors have followed for generations.

Everyone has their own story even I have mine, so lets hear some of it.

atheists hate religion because they find it wrong.. they seen the people not the religion. the wrong doings of people have nothing to do with GOD. humans are naturally a sinner. everyone commits a sin. the wrong interpretation of people doesn't mean that GOD is also wrong.
Activity: 462
September 09, 2017, 07:23:31 PM
Hi Guys! I suggest that you watch this Bollywood movie "PK". It is about an alien trying to return to his world. He ends up praying to every god there is. Turning to every religion just to wish for a return home.
I guess thisnkovoe sims up why some atheist hate religion because religion makes you do different rituals. Some religions contradict some other religions rituals which is quite confusing.
But hey, in the end, It is not the question of religion but more of your relationship with God.
Activity: 13
September 09, 2017, 02:57:15 PM
Oh right!  Intelligent design!!!
Activity: 13
September 09, 2017, 02:24:37 PM
I can't tell the difference between ABC News, Hill Street Blues
And a preacher on the old time gospel hour
Activity: 35
September 09, 2017, 12:58:51 AM
I don't hate any religion but yeah, some facts and rituals are quite unfair. Almost all religions have different rules for men and women. I don't think any religion should differentiate between two genders.

My religion as well has some facts I don't agree with. "If someone strikes you on the cheek, offer the other cheek as well." "If one doesn't go to the Church on every Sunday, he is a sinner".

Religion shouldn't make someone lose their self respect or make anything compulsory for a person else they are called sinners. I'm not an atheist but do criticize religion at times.
I just want to tell about the verse you have quoted "if someone strikes you to the cheek, offer the other cheek as well" it is not a verse created by any religion it is a command commanded by our Creator, it is written in the bible. It is stated because, the best way to win with your enemy is to make him as your friend.
Pages:
Jump to: