Pages:
Author

Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion? - page 81. (Read 901342 times)

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
April 20, 2017, 11:23:10 AM
I am not all-knowing but, it is really hard to comment on a topic that you have little or no information on what you are against or what do you believe. All I saw in this thread is ignorance on both parties, just insulting each other rather than expressing each other's point of view and have a rational explanation based on real facts, rather than on speculations. Shame it's a waste of time, why did I even read back here.

You also saw why atheists hate religion. It's simple.

Everybody likes freedom. Atheists want freedom from religion. But atheism IS religion. They hate their slavery to it.

Cool

Oh Puddleduck..... here you go again with more assumptions.

You have stated that you are not atheist, yet you continually tell others why atheists hate religion.

You assume yourself to be correct.

How about letting atheists answer for themselves!

Or are you so desperate to be heard that you need to force your thoughts on others? If this is the case, I suggest you start becoming a better person, then people will listen to you more freely!

As far as you go, my statements that you call assumptions are not assumptions. Why not? Because you know that they fit you perfectly.

Somebody else might be accurate in stating that my statements are assumptions. But you aren't accurate that way. Because you know that I speak the truth.

Cool
legendary
April 20, 2017, 11:20:26 AM
So that our lives are quiet, never store your hatred, I will respect whatever religion you even if you atheists, but you have to respect my religion.

No. Respect the people. Don't respect their religion if you don't agree with it.

Cool
legendary
April 20, 2017, 11:19:28 AM
I am not all-knowing but, it is really hard to comment on a topic that you have little or no information on what you are against or what do you believe. All I saw in this thread is ignorance on both parties, just insulting each other rather than expressing each other's point of view and have a rational explanation based on real facts, rather than on speculations. Shame it's a waste of time, why did I even read back here.

Everybody likes freedom. Atheists want freedom from religion. But atheism IS religion. They hate their slavery to it.

Cool

They are indifferent to religion, because they are free from this slavish thinking. They can not hate slaves, they just feel sorry for them.

Atheists act like atheism is a religion. How do they do this? They know that God might exist somewhere in the universe that they haven't examined. So, they know atheism is false. Yet they attempt to maintain atheism as true. Just like any other religion. They are slaves to their atheism.

Cool
Activity: 112
Merit: 100
April 20, 2017, 06:00:10 AM
So that our lives are quiet, never store your hatred, I will respect whatever religion you even if you atheists, but you have to respect my religion.

As an atheist, I respect YOUR choice to follow whatever religion you want to choose.

I do not hate religion, but I hate those who try to force their ideology onto me without providing any proof.

It is many people who hate this ideology of imposing, and not the religious currents themselves. It does not matter who believes what, the main thing is that I do not screw up my brain with my fanatical beliefs.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
April 20, 2017, 05:35:43 AM

As an atheist, I respect YOUR choice to follow whatever religion you want to choose.

I do not hate religion, but I hate those who try to force their ideology onto me without providing any proof.

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
April 20, 2017, 05:33:35 AM

Cool

Oh Puddleduck..... here you go again with more assumptions.

You have stated that you are not atheist, yet you continually tell others why atheists hate religion.

You assume yourself to be correct.

How about letting atheists answer for themselves!

Or are you so desperate to be heard that you need to force your thoughts on others? If this is the case, I suggest you start becoming a better person, then people will listen to you more freely!
Activity: 299
Merit: 11
April 20, 2017, 05:31:51 AM
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
April 20, 2017, 05:09:48 AM

Cool

They are indifferent to religion, because they are free from this slavish thinking. They can not hate slaves, they just feel sorry for them.
legendary
April 19, 2017, 09:54:30 PM

Cool
Activity: 144
Merit: 101
April 19, 2017, 08:31:22 AM
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
April 19, 2017, 01:05:13 AM
Because there are some religious people that are hypocrite.
Some of it is too little. I think that the majority of believers hypocrites. The only exception is religious fanatics, but they are even worse.

It's given and they are everywhere, I admit even I is religious but there are times that I'm acting like one of them.
legendary
April 18, 2017, 12:50:38 PM
Here is the chart for you:

There are a few things in the above chart that are true. Aspects of much of the above is accurate. However, the generally accepted big picture of each and all of them is wrong. The earth is a little over 6,000 years old.

Most of the above are theoretical, which means that they are interpretations, which means nobody really knows that they are factual. The Bible age of the earth is a very strict thing, based on eye witness records.

If a factual time viewer is invented - I mean, one that is proven to work - then we can go back and look. Otherwise, the Bible is the best record that we have.

Probably you won't like this, but check it out. It is the way things are.

Cool

Computers, medicine, seismic detectors and gps are real.  Not sure what is not real in your world.

The things that are not real, are the theories about why these ^^^ real things work the way they do.

The thing that makes these ^^^ real things real is the engineering. The engineers might start out by looking at the theory, but then they have to tweak the application of the theories, or entirely scrap the theories, to make these ^^^ real things work. Seldom can the theory be applied exactly as it is written, to get any results that work.

The result is that things work for reasons other than what the theories say. Why? Because the theories are incomplete, or wrong. This is why believing that the universe is billions of years old is wrong. There too many other ages that it can be. The theories are inconclusive.

The best we have for the age of the earth is the Bible record.

Cool
Activity: 98
April 18, 2017, 07:45:45 AM
I am a victim of hatred by atheists. In my state, the communist party is in power. They are harassing religious people (with the exception of Muslims and Christians) by destroying our places of worship and intimidating us to abandon our religion.

Be lucky communists are not Muslims.
Actually knows that better than the Communists or the Muslims. The Communist state uses terrorism as a promotion of national interests and struggle with the opposition. Muslims all clear, the Communists live nearby and are licensed under the creative Commons
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1468
April 18, 2017, 07:02:32 AM

There are a few things in the above chart that are true. Aspects of much of the above is accurate. However, the generally accepted big picture of each and all of them is wrong. The earth is a little over 6,000 years old.

Most of the above are theoretical, which means that they are interpretations, which means nobody really knows that they are factual. The Bible age of the earth is a very strict thing, based on eye witness records.

If a factual time viewer is invented - I mean, one that is proven to work - then we can go back and look. Otherwise, the Bible is the best record that we have.

Cool

Computers, medicine, seismic detectors and gps are real.  Not sure what is not real in your world.
Activity: 84
April 18, 2017, 07:00:13 AM
I am a victim of hatred by atheists. In my state, the communist party is in power. They are harassing religious people (with the exception of Muslims and Christians) by destroying our places of worship and intimidating us to abandon our religion.
Communists in General have always been atheists. I am sure that they are against Christianity and Islam too. When the Communists came to power in the Soviet Union, they destroyed a lot of Christian churches and looted relics. The best option for you is to change the country of residence.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
April 18, 2017, 06:55:21 AM
legendary
April 18, 2017, 12:04:33 AM

Cool
legendary
April 17, 2017, 06:28:10 PM

Because of entropy, Bronze Age people were smarter than many of us are.

Nonsense.  These people were simpletons. They shit where they ate.
You can find multitudes of people who have bad hygiene all over the world today.

Smarter than us?  You are seriously deluded.
One of the greatest religions that introduced hygiene to people was the Hebrew religion. The laws of Moses ordered the nation of ancient Israel to use hygiene. Israelites practiced their religion so firmly, that the hygiene of it has lasted until today, and has spread all over the world. Without it, we of the western world wouldn't have the standard, family cleanliness that we have.

Unless of course if you speak about religious freaks and flat Earthers, those people have an intelligence level similar to the Bronze Age
people.

Most Atheists are way more intelligent than religious people.
There are many different forms of intelligence. IQ tests have been made to measure almost everything. As an example, a woman may not be very logically intelligent math-wise. But she might outdo most men with emotional intelligence.

You think the world is 6000-7000 years old.  Do you even realize how crazy you sound?
I am talking about a mental ward crazy.

If you don't understand that the universe is barely more than 6,000 years old, it's because you lack intelligence for the truth. You are stuck in false religious intelligence. That's why you keep on talking about religion, while you continue to believe your atheism religion, even though you hate it, because you cannot stop it from being a false religion (added to remain on topic).

Cool
Activity: 84
April 17, 2017, 03:49:59 PM

Are they street performers?  Or just some Atheists making fun of Christians?

I don't see the money tray so I'm guessing they are not Catholic :-)
I see that some people really do not have anything sacred, so they are so meanly ridicule all that is connected with Jesus and religion in general.

Nothing is sacred because there is no reason to believe in the supernatural.  God only exists in people's minds.

And don't tell me God exists because Bible says so.  Bible says a lot of things that are not true because people who wrote it did not know any better.
Slavery?  Really, God who supports slavery but explicitly tells you not to wear wool and linen clothes together?  Where is logic in that?
People were just writing what they knew at that time and said God told them.

Flat Earth, with a dome over it, 6000-year-old Earth, the flood that did not happen, the universe created in 6 days etc.
Not to mention the creation of man from dirt and woman from a rib bone.  The whole story of the few-thousand-year-old incest is ridiculous.

Never mind the talking snake, walking on water, turning water into wine, casting demons out, and the big mother lode of them all, resurrection.

You've got to be kidding me.  People who follow this completely suspend their logic and critical thinking.

So, you want to talk religion, eh? The idea that God only exists in people's minds is religion. Why? Because neither you nor anyone else knows that God doesn't exist elsewhere, as well. It might be your guess, but you have a lot of unexplored earth and universe to go through to be sure.

Since it is your statement that God doesn't exist, rather than that He might exist, you have a religion/cult going for yourself. And that's the point of this thread. The proof that you as an atheist hate religion, is that you won't admit that atheism is the religion that it is.

If you want to start a thread entitled something like, "The Religion of Atheism vs. the Religion of Christianity," have at it. But rather than do that, you would attempt to distract from the point that you hate that atheism is a religion, by focusing on other religions, and particularly Christianity.

However, I can understand why you hate atheism. Atheism is like a beautiful, wonderful obedient wife for you. You are hooked, and you love her possibilities. But you hate religion because you know atheism is a religious cult.

Cool
In all religions there are radical movements. Additionally, the Russian Orthodox Church is Patriarch Kirill, who is campaigning people to go to war in the Ukraine and kill Ukrainians to protect the "Russian world". He is a Christian. How does it differ from Muslim terrorists?
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
April 17, 2017, 11:51:22 AM

Are they street performers?  Or just some Atheists making fun of Christians?

I don't see the money tray so I'm guessing they are not Catholic :-)
I see that some people really do not have anything sacred, so they are so meanly ridicule all that is connected with Jesus and religion in general.

Nothing is sacred because there is no reason to believe in the supernatural.  God only exists in people's minds.

And don't tell me God exists because Bible says so.  Bible says a lot of things that are not true because people who wrote it did not know any better.
Slavery?  Really, God who supports slavery but explicitly tells you not to wear wool and linen clothes together?  Where is logic in that?
People were just writing what they knew at that time and said God told them.

Flat Earth, with a dome over it, 6000-year-old Earth, the flood that did not happen, the universe created in 6 days etc.
Not to mention the creation of man from dirt and woman from a rib bone.  The whole story of the few-thousand-year-old incest is ridiculous.

Never mind the talking snake, walking on water, turning water into wine, casting demons out, and the big mother lode of them all, resurrection.

You've got to be kidding me.  People who follow this completely suspend their logic and critical thinking.

So, you want to talk religion, eh? The idea that God only exists in people's minds is religion. Why? Because neither you nor anyone else knows that God doesn't exist elsewhere, as well. It might be your guess, but you have a lot of unexplored earth and universe to go through to be sure.

Since it is your statement that God doesn't exist, rather than that He might exist, you have a religion/cult going for yourself. And that's the point of this thread. The proof that you as an atheist hate religion, is that you won't admit that atheism is the religion that it is.

If you want to start a thread entitled something like, "The Religion of Atheism vs. the Religion of Christianity," have at it. But rather than do that, you would attempt to distract from the point that you hate that atheism is a religion, by focusing on other religions, and particularly Christianity.

However, I can understand why you hate atheism. Atheism is like a beautiful, wonderful obedient wife for you. You are hooked, and you love her possibilities. But you hate religion because you know atheism is a religious cult.

Cool

Now you are talking nonsense....I noticed that about you, when cornered you completely break down and end up babbling some random words...

Well, what does any of what you say have to do with atheists hating religion?

Notice that the thread topic says religion in general. Since you talk about why atheists might hate OTHER religions, why don't you state it from the standpoint of atheists hating others but not their own? After all, few people might hate the religion of atheism, but many despise it as the utter stupidity that it is.

Get a life.

Cool

Exactly like af_nembie says. This post above ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ shows the complete change of argument.

Arguing one point then trying to change the subject to be about the topic.

Poor Puddleduck..... you are way out of your depth.

All my post says is that atheists hate religion because,
They can't get away from it even in atheism because,
atheism is a religion.

Cool

Atheists do not hate religion, we are amazed by the stupidity of the religious dogmas.  How people can cling to the Bronze Age world view and function in today's world?

We don't hate religious folks, flat Earthers, tinfoil hats etc.  When you talk to a crazy person you don't hate that person, do you?

Not all religious people are completely crazy.  You need to talk to those people to show them the mistakes in their reasoning (or lack of).
All other religious loonies, well, those people need professional help.

World without Abrahamic religions would be a much safer place.  You want religion? Try Jainism.

Right words. In life you have to communicate with many people, but to hate a person only because he believes in religion is stupid and even strange.
Pages:
Jump to: