Pages:
Author

Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion? - page 79. (Read 901342 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 722
April 28, 2017, 05:34:26 PM
You state definitely that God doesn't exist.

Nobody says this...

Atheists say there is no evidence of god

We don't believe in things without evidence:
Unicorns
Aliens
Gremlins
Faeries
Dragons
Gods

Atheists are evidence based... if you have evidence of a god, present it (not your same old 4 links bullshit)

The one thing I like about atheists is that they state what they believe. Then they stop being atheists, because they know that God might exist. This doesn't stop them from being liars that they are still atheists.

atheism
[ey-thee-iz-uh m]

noun

1. the doctrine or belief that there is no God.

2. disbelief in the existence of a supreme being or beings.

Again, not believing in something is different from claiming it doesn't exist

Why do we keep going over the same simple concepts?

Are you being daft intentionally?

Disbelief is not an affirmative claim

Do you even read the stuff you quote?

Stop calling me a liar unless you want to quote where I lied...
If you cannot provide evidence, you are simple projecting your lying behavior onto me
Poor form BADlogic
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
April 28, 2017, 05:23:42 PM

Nobody says this...

Unicorns
Aliens
Gremlins
Faeries
Dragons
Gods

Atheists are evidence based... if you have evidence of a god, present it (not your same old 4 links bullshit)

The one thing I like about atheists is that they state what they believe. Then they stop being atheists, because they know that God might exist. This doesn't stop them from being liars that they are still atheists.

atheism
[ey-thee-iz-uh m]

noun

1. the doctrine or belief that there is no God.

2. disbelief in the existence of a supreme being or beings.

If this is all that it was, a so-called atheist might have a shot of believing atheism as a religion. But the proof and evidence that God exists destroys the last shreds of even his atheism religion:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10718395
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14047133
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1662153.40
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.16803380.

Cool
Activity: 798
Merit: 722
April 28, 2017, 05:15:21 PM

Nobody says this...

Unicorns
Aliens
Gremlins
Faeries
Dragons
Gods

Atheists are evidence based... if you have physical evidence of a god, present it (not your same old 4 links bullshit)
legendary
April 28, 2017, 05:13:19 PM
Well, I believe atheists hate religions because they never have one... Seeing people with religion practicing is freaking them out and the only way to express their feelings is by going against that religion which is very bad at all. I hope you guys understand what I mean here, thank you. Grin
That could be the cast also, in some people cases of course. But i think most of people like to be right, and even they believe in something that can not be proven, oh boy its better not to say that they are wrong. Because they will give there belief and try to prove that they are right and that you are wrong. I have meat only two persons with whom i could talk openly about religion, and i was non believing one in both cases Cheesy .

I think it is more about 'having answers to everything' than being right.  Having answers provides a mental comfort, it helps people cope with the hardships of life.

The more you know the less need you have to have answers to everything.  

When you do not know much, you fill your understanding with given answers and accept religion.  It is a cop-out.
Most religious people do not care if their world view is true.  They assumed it is true and it is good enough for them.
They do not want to investigate it further.

That is why you hear the arguments: "The Bible says so, so it must be true", or "Who else could create the world with such a complexity?  Only God can do that."
There you are right, no doubt about that. But in that case for that kind of question i always say, that if we don't understand something it does not mean its some kind of miracle or magic Cheesy . What people can do in this day and age, in middle ages and before, they would be magicians or wizards (scientist was wizards in that time) Cheesy . For some people its easier to say its God work, for everything they do not understand or don't want to admit its human error. I do not think that way, that is stupid. I don't like to lie, to my self and other people.

You are not right because of one, major, little point. The more you know, the more you realize that there is way more to know than you will ever find out.

The closest thing to gaining comfort in knowing things is, when you finally realize that you will never find out enough... ever... you can stop trying to find things out, and relax in the despair that you will never find it out.

Cool

You got it.  That is what religious people (like yourself) do.  They stop trying.  They cop-out for a solution, even though the solution
is wrong.  This does not matter to them.

But people who say they are atheists, simply lie about their atheism religion when they say that atheism is real, or that God doesn't exist. Since they lie about that, they might be lying about anything. Why even listen to them at all?!

Cool

What are you talking about?  Atheist position is not lying.  

It is just stating a position that there is a lack of any physical evidence in the existence of any deity.
How is it lying?  It is just stating a fact.

It is not about who is right and who is wrong.  It is about what is the truth.

Some unknown, undetectable entity creating Earth 7000 years ago is simply not true.  It is nonsense.

Wrong. If you were only stating a position, you might say that you haven't found any evidence of God, but that since you haven't examined everything, God might exist somewhere that you haven't examined.

However, that isn't what you say. You state definitely that God doesn't exist. Since you know that you haven't checked everywhere, you know that God might exist somewhere you haven't examined. So, you prove yourself to be a liar.

Cool

Why do I have to examine everything to state that (so far) there is no evidence of this entity? - Who are you asking why you have to state anything or nothing?

I am just stating 'there is no evidence'.  The evidence that people who believe in this shit provide. - Certainly you can state that there is no evidence. How do we know? We know because you have stated it many times.

The proof and evidence for the existence of God is found here:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10718395
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14047133
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1662153.40
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.16803380.

Trust me, amateur astronomers have some powerful telescopes, and they watch sky all the time.  They discover stuff before NASA does.

They would report 'God' if there was ANY evidence of it. - Some of them do report such. The simple fact of the order in the heavens is evidence of God.

If you are stating something is true, you should provide the evidence to support your 'true statement' position.

I am just stating there is no evidence (that God exist).  I have nothing to prove. - Proof and evidence is listed in the links above.

I don't have to prove that God does not exist. - True. You don't really have to do anything but die... and then come to life again in the resurrection.

I frankly have little interest in proving the existence or non-existence of God.  All I see is people create imaginary characters to help
them understand the complex world.  That is all. - But you seem to be interested in being a liar, by claiming that there is no evidence for God, and that atheism is real.

That is why throughout history these characters and stories around them change.  That is the reason why we have 5000+ stories about Gods.  

- The evidence for the existence of god is right in this that you say. If there wasn't any God, why would billions of people have tried to explain Him down through the ages?

All you are doing is trying to be a god, yourself, by setting yourself up above God, by saying that He doesn't exist, when there is more evidence and proof of Him than you could ever hope to shake a stick at.

Cool
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
April 28, 2017, 04:59:10 PM
When talking about religion I always tell people I'm a apathetic agnost.

Apathetic agnosticism
A view related to apatheism, apathetic agnosticism claims that no amount of debate can prove or disprove the existence of one or more deities, and if one or more deities exist, they do not appear to be concerned about the fate of humans. Therefore, their existence has little to no impact on personal human affairs and should be of little interest. It can be summarized by the statement "I don't know and I don't care."

I truly believe it impossible for mankind to ever fully prove or disprove the existence of some kind of higher power(beyond a shadow of a doubt). I don't mind Atheists or theists as long as their believes don't obstruct me in my daily life. I do however find the whole "god/no god" discussion redundant and a huge waste of time  Smiley and I can't help to mention just that everytime I see such a discussion.
legendary
April 28, 2017, 04:45:50 PM
Well, I believe atheists hate religions because they never have one... Seeing people with religion practicing is freaking them out and the only way to express their feelings is by going against that religion which is very bad at all. I hope you guys understand what I mean here, thank you. Grin
That could be the cast also, in some people cases of course. But i think most of people like to be right, and even they believe in something that can not be proven, oh boy its better not to say that they are wrong. Because they will give there belief and try to prove that they are right and that you are wrong. I have meat only two persons with whom i could talk openly about religion, and i was non believing one in both cases Cheesy .

I think it is more about 'having answers to everything' than being right.  Having answers provides a mental comfort, it helps people cope with the hardships of life.

When you do not know much, you fill your understanding with given answers and accept religion.  It is a cop-out.
Most religious people do not care if their world view is true.  They assumed it is true and it is good enough for them.

That is why you hear the arguments: "The Bible says so, so it must be true", or "Who else could create the world with such a complexity?  Only God can do that."
There you are right, no doubt about that. But in that case for that kind of question i always say, that if we don't understand something it does not mean its some kind of miracle or magic Cheesy . What people can do in this day and age, in middle ages and before, they would be magicians or wizards (scientist was wizards in that time) Cheesy . For some people its easier to say its God work, for everything they do not understand or don't want to admit its human error. I do not think that way, that is stupid. I don't like to lie, to my self and other people.

You are not right because of one, major, little point. The more you know, the more you realize that there is way more to know than you will ever find out.

The closest thing to gaining comfort in knowing things is, when you finally realize that you will never find out enough... ever... you can stop trying to find things out, and relax in the despair that you will never find it out.

Cool

You got it.  That is what religious people (like yourself) do.  They stop trying.  They cop-out for a solution, even though the solution
is wrong.  This does not matter to them.

But people who say they are atheists, simply lie about their atheism religion when they say that atheism is real, or that God doesn't exist. Since they lie about that, they might be lying about anything. Why even listen to them at all?!

Cool

What are you talking about?  Atheist position is not lying.  

It is just stating a position that there is a lack of any physical evidence in the existence of any deity.
How is it lying?  It is just stating a fact.

It is not about who is right and who is wrong.  It is about what is the truth.

Some unknown, undetectable entity creating Earth 7000 years ago is simply not true.  It is nonsense.

Wrong. If you were only stating a position, you might say that you haven't found any evidence of God, but that since you haven't examined everything, God might exist somewhere that you haven't examined.

However, that isn't what you say. You state definitely that God doesn't exist. Since you know that you haven't checked everywhere, you know that God might exist somewhere you haven't examined. So, you prove yourself to be a liar.

Cool

EDIT: After all, even the evolution idea suggests that God might exist. How? By admitting that we don't know all the details of how evolution might work. Consider:

Imagine that evolution is real. Imagine that in some galaxy things worked a lot faster than evolution did on earth. Imagine that by this time in history some other evolved being had evolved all the way to being able to manipulate the time-space continuum in the same way that God would, using His mind.

You don't know that He hasn't recreated the universe into what it is today, leaving some of the things of evolution-evidence in it. So, God could have evolved, originally, and then changed things so that He always existed with no beginning and no end. And we would never know it if He didn't tell us.
legendary
April 28, 2017, 04:31:05 PM

Cool

You got it.  That is what religious people (like yourself) do.  They stop trying.  They cop-out for a solution, even though the solution
is wrong.  This does not matter to them.

Cool
legendary
April 28, 2017, 04:28:16 PM

Just because YOU say there wouldn't be any evil around if God existed, doesn't necessarily make it so, right? Got any proof for that idea?

As for my words being false, if they were false, you could rebut them easily. All you do is say that you rebut them. Any rebuttal you have given, I have rebutted easily.

Looks like it is you who are the false one here.

Btw, can I have a ride on your space ship? You know, the one you used to examine all the corners of the universe to make sure God wasn't out there somewhere.

Cool

So, are you saying your god, if real, would be a narcissistic asshole who would allow children to suffer?

Regarding your proof, you still have not answered when someone else has used your links as proof of your god. Can you do that now?

Looks like you are the false one here.

BTW, I do not own a spaceship, I am happy here on earth without a god. I think you are showing your delusions again. Your Psychiatrist might be able to help you with that.

Tsk, tsk. Talking about God like that will get you a place in Hell if you don't do penance.   Cheesy

Well, I someone else used my links as proof of God, I would agree with him. My answer would be congratulations.

Okay, maybe it's not a religion for you. Maybe it's simply a mental disorder.

Cool

A mental disorder is believing the shit you write.

Lying for no reason is a mental disorder. And you have it.

Cool
legendary
April 28, 2017, 04:05:34 PM

Cool
Activity: 560
Merit: 257
April 28, 2017, 03:15:31 PM

Activity: 560
Merit: 257
April 28, 2017, 02:45:08 PM
copper member
Activity: 658
Merit: 284
April 27, 2017, 09:57:32 PM

Just because YOU say there wouldn't be any evil around if God existed, doesn't necessarily make it so, right? Got any proof for that idea?

As for my words being false, if they were false, you could rebut them easily. All you do is say that you rebut them. Any rebuttal you have given, I have rebutted easily.

Btw, can I have a ride on your space ship? You know, the one you used to examine all the corners of the universe to make sure God wasn't out there somewhere.

Cool

So, are you saying your god, if real, would be a narcissistic asshole who would allow children to suffer?

Regarding your proof, you still have not answered when someone else has used your links as proof of your god. Can you do that now?

BTW, I do not own a spaceship, I am happy here on earth without a god. I think you are showing your delusions again. Your Psychiatrist might be able to help you with that.

Tsk, tsk. Talking about God like that will get you a place in Hell if you don't do penance.   Cheesy

Well, I someone else used my links as proof of God, I would agree with him. My answer would be congratulations.

Cool

It seems you are the one suppose to by diagnose for mental instability. Look at this world, oceans, mountains and everything, do you think they just appear by themselves naturally, huh? You must be very st*pid to believe that! The house where you live now does it also appear just like that by itself or it's someone that built it??? If the house just appear by itself like that, then the same thing happened to this world, if not then you better go and get yourself a religion because GOD built this planet and he's watching everything.
copper member
Activity: 658
Merit: 284
April 27, 2017, 09:37:16 PM
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
April 27, 2017, 12:55:55 PM

Cool

Cool

legendary
April 27, 2017, 12:09:32 PM

Cool

Cool
April 27, 2017, 12:05:38 PM

Cool

legendary
April 27, 2017, 11:59:11 AM
How can Atheism be a religion when a religion is belief in a deity? Atheism has no deities, holy books or sacraments. I'm an atheist and I don't have any beliefs. You need to prove to me without a doubt that something is real for me to believe understand it. Otherwise its just made up stories.

I also do not hate on anyone. From my experiences the only people that have that emotion are religious people.

Not all religions formally have belief in a deity. However, atheists do... have faith in a deity. They believe that they can judge that God doesn't exist anywhere, when they haven't examined everywhere to find out for sure. When they believe this way, they have made themselves into deities, at least in their own minds, even if they don't realize it.

Any atheist who doesn't understand that he is making himself a god by being an atheist, is simply one who is too ignorant to realize that God might be living on Jupiter or somewhere else in the universe. And that because the atheist only realizes that God might exist out there when someone tells him, it isn't until then that he isn't an atheist any longer.

Some atheists try to uphold the idea of atheism even after it has been shown to them that real atheism can't exist in a thinking person. Such people have a religion going for themselves in atheism.

Cool

Interesting how you know the thought's of an atheist yet you claim to be a theist.

Does this mean you know every single thought going on in my head?

Making yourself out to be something special there old boy!

The thoughts of an atheist are self evident if he expresses his atheism. When an atheist expresses his atheism, he says words to the effect that God doesn't exist. Yet, if he thinks about it, there are multitudes of places on earth and in outer space that he hasn't checked out to make sure that God isn't there, somewhere. This means that he realizes that God might exist.

Since every thinking person realizes that God might exist somewhere, there aren't any thinking atheists. If they say that they are atheists, they are liars, and/or they have  a religion going for themselves.

Regarding these things, it is easy to see what atheists are thinking... religion, liar, or both.

Cool

atheist

noun
a person who disbelieves or lacks belief in the existence of God or gods.

As you are a self confessing theist, you have no idea what I think.

Your words do not speak of my thoughts, so you are unable to comment on the thoughts of an atheist.

Sorry Puddleduck, once again you have fallen into your assumption life which makes you look like an asshole.

However, one of the things I know about you is that you are not an atheist. Why not? Because you know that God might exist somewhere that you have examined.

Knowing this, you are either a religious person, deep into the false religion of atheism, or you are a liar, or both.

Cool

No such thing as a god.

No need to look.

If there was a god, there would be no cancer, no pedophiles, no starving children.... etc etc etc.

I have asked for proof and you never give it. You instead link to your words which are false.

Cool
April 27, 2017, 11:50:39 AM
How can Atheism be a religion when a religion is belief in a deity? Atheism has no deities, holy books or sacraments. I'm an atheist and I don't have any beliefs. You need to prove to me without a doubt that something is real for me to believe understand it. Otherwise its just made up stories.

I also do not hate on anyone. From my experiences the only people that have that emotion are religious people.

Not all religions formally have belief in a deity. However, atheists do... have faith in a deity. They believe that they can judge that God doesn't exist anywhere, when they haven't examined everywhere to find out for sure. When they believe this way, they have made themselves into deities, at least in their own minds, even if they don't realize it.

Any atheist who doesn't understand that he is making himself a god by being an atheist, is simply one who is too ignorant to realize that God might be living on Jupiter or somewhere else in the universe. And that because the atheist only realizes that God might exist out there when someone tells him, it isn't until then that he isn't an atheist any longer.

Some atheists try to uphold the idea of atheism even after it has been shown to them that real atheism can't exist in a thinking person. Such people have a religion going for themselves in atheism.

Cool

Interesting how you know the thought's of an atheist yet you claim to be a theist.

The thoughts of an atheist are self evident if he expresses his atheism. When an atheist expresses his atheism, he says words to the effect that God doesn't exist. Yet, if he thinks about it, there are multitudes of places on earth and in outer space that he hasn't checked out to make sure that God isn't there, somewhere. This means that he realizes that God might exist.

Since every thinking person realizes that God might exist somewhere, there aren't any thinking atheists. If they say that they are atheists, they are liars, and/or they have  a religion going for themselves.

Regarding these things, it is easy to see what atheists are thinking... religion, liar, or both.

Cool

atheist

noun

Your words do not speak of my thoughts, so you are unable to comment on the thoughts of an atheist.

Sorry Puddleduck, once again you have fallen into your assumption life which makes you look like an asshole.

However, one of the things I know about you is that you are not an atheist. Why not? Because you know that God might exist somewhere that you have examined.

Knowing this, you are either a religious person, deep into the false religion of atheism, or you are a liar, or both.

Cool

No such thing as a god.

No need to look.

If there was a god, there would be no cancer, no pedophiles, no starving children.... etc etc etc.

I have asked for proof and you never give it. You instead link to your words which are false.
legendary
April 27, 2017, 11:47:05 AM

Cool

Cool

atheist

noun

Cool
April 27, 2017, 11:41:22 AM

Cool

Cool

atheist

noun

Pages:
Jump to: