Pages:
Author

Topic: Why do members switch campaigns always? - page 2. (Read 1349 times)

Activity: 826
Merit: 1010
Only BTC
October 29, 2023, 08:03:54 AM
like campaign managers remove participants from their campaigns without prior warning so with that there is no loyalty from the participants again. Campaign managers have to respect the participants as well so that there would be mutual friendship so that when a participant want to leave a campaign then the both parties would understand themselves and peaceful exit would take place.
It is hard to take if a member is removed from a campaign that they enjoy advertising, but take note that every campaign manager reserves the right to remove participants without warning or notice and you can find that information in the rules of every campaign thread.
There should be respect from the both sides.
I agree, and i think most managers usually leave notes of warning to participants that they think aren't advertising the project well and even for some who don't leave notes, they do not just remove members if they have a 'bad' few weeks, but after months and months of really poor posting habits.
Activity: 812
Merit: 257
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
October 27, 2023, 09:50:57 PM

~snipp~And for those who move always, is it money driving the motive? ~snipp~

Maybe, some posters who already have a good reputation, the quality of their posts and have the required merits they will take the opportunity and look for several managers who have a relatively long campaign duration, managers are not all the same and rarely even given esrow first, in other words there are also paid impromptu by the dev himself [the manager only checks to manage the posts of participants who are accepted], sometimes it is so and it is not an open secret to know the manager one by one and the campaign signature project that is managed means that it already has a characteristic and rating in the eyes of the posters here.

On the other hand for posters who are difficult to accept in the weekly campaign will definitely regret and swear, it's normal  Huh. the value I take is that there are posters who are easy and there are those who are difficult in applying, even though the potential is the same but the correction is only in each person.

I do feel like merit is a popularity contest. It's totally worthless for Legendary members, just bragging rights yet you see Legendary members getting merited for everything.
It depends. If you are an active campaign participant, the merits are important even for legendary accounts. We have seen many campaigns where the earned merits in the last 120 days are taken into account. Nowadays, we are seeing campaigns where there is a merit-rank, enabling those with 3k or 4k of earned merits better pay rates than the rest of the participants. If you earn 2k and start thinking, now I don't care anymore and can relax, your position may be filled by someone who didn't relax. So, they have their uses. Let's call it that.  
Someone who's capable of acquiring 2.000 merit in the first place is likely to earn more without any extravagant effort, firstly due to their status and secondly due to their knowledge. It's unlikely that someone with a legendary account with so much merit would sit back and relax and start posting gibberish. Creating constructive content isn't that difficult after all; it's possible if you're determined and patient enough.

However, I understand your point; this scenario is more probable with someone who ranks up from Full Member to Sr.Member or Hero, where you practically reach the peak of the signature campaign payment rates.
  Excuse me sir, I realized that there are several legendary members or rank up above me, which I admire and have not put up a signature or not followed any manager's siganture campaign for a long time, their activeness is very loyal and the merits they get are increasing drastically from day to day, I assume that quality posts by some people are based on daily habbits by strengthening themselves and getting used to having a good quality mindset, that's why I'm excited until now and embarrassed, even accounts like mine are even lazy to look for new things, they have to keep learning and not just expect fortune to come, it makes me a little surprised with myself.

Regarding merit as popularity or pride, for me it is natural with his results up to that point, because I am struggling to increase rank, the biggest rival is with myself. in the past I was satisfied with my performance or did not want to develop. and in the end I blamed the situation because it was difficult to find a signature, now I am aware and sincere that fortune will not come if I am silent, and my presence rarely may affect the views of others.

Whatever the number of merits and pay will not be the main goal if the habit is to be active and contribute to the forum, but if there are few merits for people who are always complacent, of course they will feel themselves better than others like I felt before, and I had a vacuum, a few years ago, It's been 12 months since I became active again and I'm enjoying the ride, sir.
legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 1213
Call your grandparents and tell them you love them
October 27, 2023, 07:27:27 AM
I am one of those users who tend to stick with the campaign as long as it runs even if a new campaign comes up with a bigger pay for my rank. Call me lazy but having to adjust to a routine that would be new, I tend to not change campaigns unless the last one ends or shuts down or plain stops paying.

Considering the reason for being on this forum is making money for most people, I can understand that they will look for better opportunities that pay their posts, but I like to stress the manager less from my side. Can only start to think the sheer amount of extra work that managers have to put in when a large volume of flux happens. Grin
Activity: 532
Merit: 390
Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game
October 27, 2023, 06:13:51 AM
Most conditions attached to change of campaign is because of payrate, this payrate we are also talking about is not the fault of the campaigns manager, it's what their clients wants, you could discover some are paying high while some moderately, we can also look into the organization financial strength and capability, we all know what we want irrespective of the type of campaign, high paying campaigns last and same also are some low paying campaigns which do last as well, but our individual conclusion on wether staying or not depends on the campaign requirements and payrate as well.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 744
October 25, 2023, 04:16:57 PM
I do feel like merit is a popularity contest. It's totally worthless for Legendary members, just bragging rights yet you see Legendary members getting merited for everything.
It depends. If you are an active campaign participant, the merits are important even for legendary accounts. We have seen many campaigns where the earned merits in the last 120 days are taken into account. Nowadays, we are seeing campaigns where there is a merit-rank, enabling those with 3k or 4k of earned merits better pay rates than the rest of the participants. If you earn 2k and start thinking, now I don't care anymore and can relax, your position may be filled by someone who didn't relax. So, they have their uses. Let's call it that. 
Someone who's capable of acquiring 2.000 merit in the first place is likely to earn more without any extravagant effort, firstly due to their status and secondly due to their knowledge. It's unlikely that someone with a legendary account with so much merit would sit back and relax and start posting gibberish. Creating constructive content isn't that difficult after all; it's possible if you're determined and patient enough.

However, I understand your point; this scenario is more probable with someone who ranks up from Full Member to Sr.Member or Hero, where you practically reach the peak of the signature campaign payment rates.
Activity: 854
Merit: 1246
October 24, 2023, 12:09:23 PM
I think people change campaign is because, first they want a better pay rate, second the respect and honor you receive from the people you are co-operating with.
You have said well. These are the two major ones making people to change campaigns and mostly the first one. And also add it to what you have said, the latest exhibition of campaign managers to Participants also contributing to the changing of Campaign, like campaign managers remove participants from their campaigns without prior warning so with that there is no loyalty from the participants again. Campaign managers have to respect the participants as well so that there would be mutual friendship so that when a participant want to leave a campaign then the both parties would understand themselves and peaceful exit would take place. Like as you did is the perfect way to do it. When a participant is not doing well again, make a comment on the spreadsheet or pm so the person can sit up again, writing is not easy and not all time one has something to write. There are sometimes you navigate through the forum but nothing to write about. Though one of the rules in Campaign is to remove lost quality posts without warning but to have peaceful coexistence write small note for them. Like my present campaign manager, he does write note on those who were not doing well and if they persist for 2 or 3 he would remove them. That is nice because he has informed them but they could not meet up the demand. There should be respect from the both sides.
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 2645
Farewell LEO: o_e_l_e_o
October 24, 2023, 11:10:19 AM
What makes members move everytime? I need your contribution on this to make me understand it better.
I was with Stake for long time. What I remember is, I realized Stake was paying better than the existing campaign I was in [I can not remember which one I was with LOL] so I thought to talk to their campaign manager. She was nice and also understand what I will accept and what not. I had two requests [1.] I don't want to replace my avatar [2.] receive the expected payment I think is okay with me.

After discussing many things, many possibilities she agreed and I was promoting Stake.

Then a few weeks ago Coins.Game manager reached out to me and showed his interest to help the brand. The project looks promising and challenging. I also like the way he approached and wanted help. Additionally he offered me a better pay rate too. I felt okay with it. So I went back to Stake management, told them if they are fine if I want to move from them. They offered me some alternatives, it's not that I did not like but I wanted to take some new challenge but with less work [lazy LOL, it keeps my mind fresh].

I think people change campaign is because, first they want a better pay rate, second the respect and honor you receive from the people you are co-operating with.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
Farewell, Leo. You will be missed!
October 24, 2023, 10:36:00 AM
In terms of merit, it should not be normal for the user to "relax" and not earn more merits.
It shouldn't but that's exactly what can happen if you do. Apply that in every segment in life. If you don't do your best, you can't expect the best results and/or the greatest rewards. Those who work harder, will reap more benefits.

I want to say, does it have to be a battle for every merit or should it still be possible to get them with a relaxed attitude towards it?
You are not going to get them in the same quantity if you stop caring what you write and how. The content might still be merit-worthy to some degree but not like if you really applied yourself.

Should Legendary users submit their posts in various prize "unmerited post to be merited" contests, or create an endless "overview of XYZ" threads, which was able to help in getting merit?
Everyone does what they believe they should. If legendary users stopped writing quality threads and posts, I don't think low-level account holders will do it instead. The forum would then be at a loss regardless of the motives behind those posts. 
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 3098
October 23, 2023, 11:31:48 AM
Nowadays, we are seeing campaigns where there is a merit-rank, enabling those with 3k or 4k of earned merits better pay rates than the rest of the participants. If you earn 2k and start thinking, now I don't care anymore and can relax, your position may be filled by someone who didn't relax. So, they have their uses. Let's call it that. 

You are absolutely right here, although I see it differently. In terms of merit, it should not be normal for the user to "relax" and not earn more merits. I want to say, does it have to be a battle for every merit or should it still be possible to get them with a relaxed attitude towards it?
Should Legendary users submit their posts in various prize "unmerited post to be merited" contests, or create an endless "overview of XYZ" threads, which was able to help in getting merit?
legendary
October 23, 2023, 11:07:04 AM
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1703
Blackjack.fun
October 22, 2023, 05:20:23 PM
-snip-
That only goes to show that you have to be at the right place at the right time and with the right sets of eyes looking at you.   
Yes, I understand about that, the point is that we have to be in the right circle to get more benefits compared to other places that do not have the same view and like being a stranger in someone else's place.

Yeah, franky1 hates LN with a passion and considers it an altcoin. He was also banned from posting in the technical discussion areas of the forum for that and other reasons, which would again limit his abilities to regularly receive merits.
franky1 is just one of those forum members who are passionate about his arguments, always consistent with what he likes and what he doesn't like.
There are several other members who have the same disposition as franky1 and they continue to attack what they think is right and oppose anyone who disagrees.

The rule was 1 I was trying out, Compared to what some of the other managers require to even be accepted, I don't think it's a bad ask from participants. Trying to give some of the people who get passed over a chance to grow.

Regardless, you are semi correct. I do feel like merit is a popularity contest. It's totally worthless for Legendary members, just bragging rights yet you see Legendary members getting merited for everything.
And thank you @yahoo62278 for being there to explain the rule, even though in the latest campaign the rule is no longer used.
But it was a different rule to the other managers, suppressing those who missed out on developing, but it did become a bragging point for the legendary members.

-snip-
Thus, I personally don't see a reason to look for another. It's understandable that people are switching campaigns, as newer ones keep appearing and may pay higher rates. It's nothing different with job hopping, it's way more probable to achieve a higher salary by changing jobs, rather than wait for an increase.
You are a member who is loyal to your current campaign.
Moreover, if some of the rules have changed and you can still survive, then you deserve to be in that campaign.
However, you can still look for other campaigns that are still accepting new participants.

-snip-
I also believe your 'merit fans' and how popular you are is also important, there are certain members who would naturally like most of the things you post, and if you are so good or lucky enough to have a lot of merit sources as merit fans, you'll be earning a lot of merits.
Getting many sources of achievements is an advantage, but it will be proportional to the quality of the posts you provide.
If the quality of your posts decreases they won't give you anything either.
But some local or non-local achievement sources will always reward those who deserve it.
Activity: 826
Merit: 1010
Only BTC
October 22, 2023, 12:34:46 PM
That only goes to show that you have to be at the right place at the right time and with the right sets of eyes looking at you.    
This is true, to earn merits you have to earn them from others and to do that you have to show up in sections where merit sources and generous merit givers read and post in, most of the members who earn a lot of merits make really good posts in a lot of sections. So if for any reason you make most of your posts in sections where the most generous merit givers do not have their eyes on, you'll probably go long periods without being merited.

I also believe your 'merit fans' and how popular you are is also important, there are certain members who would naturally like most of the things you post, and if you are so good or lucky enough to have a lot of merit sources as merit fans, you'll be earning a lot of merits.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 744
October 22, 2023, 11:51:57 AM
It's a free market and nobody should be forcing anyone to be where they don't want to be. Loyalty can't be forced upon you, otherwise it's not real loyalty. It's based on fear and uncertainty. You choose who or what you want to be loyal to because it's not a requirement that someone should make you respect.    
I'm 100% with you when it comes to campaigns, I don't expect the most qualified people to be held somewhere in the name of loyalty. If at all, the loyalty must always be relative to something (pay and value), not on a compulsion basis.

It happens in real life in a centralized system as well, once you are qualified for higher benefits, you try your luck and let the market forces play their role, especially if you are a dedicated campaigner. In the second to the last campaign I was in, the value was paid in BTC and there was a time I received $49+ in a week while elsewhere with a bonus of the same rank as mine received almost twice it.

It will not pinch if I did less work, I did more posting than anybody there and my posts are of quality. I don't expect to be loyal to such a campaign in the long run. It was only hurt that I parted ways early with a new campaign manager.
As someone who generally prefers a stable environment, I don't mind staying loyal. I've been in the Roobet campaign for over two years and I'm satisfied with the requirements and the payment rates are generally fine, not the highest paying one, but decent enough. Thus, I personally don't see a reason to look for another. It's understandable that people are switching campaigns, as newer ones keep appearing and may pay higher rates. It's nothing different with job hopping, it's way more probable to achieve a higher salary by changing jobs, rather than wait for an increase.
legendary
Activity: 3556
Merit: 4191
October 22, 2023, 11:25:38 AM
and in the signature campaign @yahoo62278 uses a rule for selected participants to get 1 merit/week,if you can't get it you can still get half the payment.
I didn't know about that rule. Getting at least one merit shouldn't be difficult even for decent posters, let alone the best ones but I still don't like it. Regardless of what anyone says, getting merits is also a popularity contest and it greatly depends on where the person posts the most. Those posts could be merit-worthy, but because they are in subs where there aren't any merit sources or the person isn't very likable by the community for whatever reason, they might not even get that one merit a week. That doesn't necessarily mean their posts weren't good enough. Besides, the campaign got the promotion they wanted and so they should pay for it in full, not half.

The rule was 1 I was trying out, Compared to what some of the other managers require to even be accepted, I don't think it's a bad ask from participants. Trying to give some of the people who get passed over a chance to grow.

Regardless, you are semi correct. I do feel like merit is a popularity contest. It's totally worthless for Legendary members, just bragging rights yet you see Legendary members getting merited for everything.
legendary
October 22, 2023, 03:14:31 AM
This is what I often feel, when I'm in the wrong circle no matter how good the quality is it won't mean anything.
But when I find a good circle that accepts me, it's even easier to get.
My point exactly. Your posting didn't change from good quality to bad quality and back to good quality, you were just writing in the "wrong" places at the time. I am someone who likes to visit many subs, probably about 10 or so. Everyone knows that certain boards receive more merits than the others. So, when I am reading and writing in less merited subs, I sometimes go 3-4 days without getting a single merit. That negative run could potentially increase to more days. And then I find something worth discussing in a "better" place on the forum and get 10-20 merits for those posts. That only goes to show that you have to be at the right place at the right time and with the right sets of eyes looking at you.   

In regards to @franky1, he's a pretty cool member, active, and always full of controversy.
A few days ago had a debate in my thread about Lightning Network with senior members.
He doesn't seem to like Lightning Network very much and keeps attacking it.
Yeah, franky1 hates LN with a passion and considers it an altcoin. He was also banned from posting in the technical discussion areas of the forum for that and other reasons, which would again limit his abilities to regularly receive merits.
legendary
Blackjack.fun
October 22, 2023, 02:45:13 AM
I didn't know about that rule. Getting at least one merit shouldn't be difficult even for decent posters, let alone the best ones but I still don't like it. Regardless of what anyone says, getting merits is also a popularity contest and it greatly depends on where the person posts the most.
I also only found out about the rules made by yahoo after looking through the old campaign.
But in the new campaign, the rule is no longer written.
Yes, but it's a rule that can be changed at any time because he is the manager.

Those posts could be merit-worthy, but because they are in subs where there aren't any merit sources or the person isn't very likable by the community for whatever reason, they might not even get that one merit a week. That doesn't necessarily mean there posts weren't good enough. Besides, the campaign got the promotion they wanted and so they should pay for it in full, not half.
This is what I often feel, when I'm in the wrong circle no matter how good the quality is it won't mean anything.
But when I find a good circle that accepts me, it's even easier to get.
And yes, the home that I still love is in my Local Board.

The first person that comes to mind is franky1. I don't even think he can get into a good campaign because of his many negative tags, and there are many people on the forum that he irritates, and they don't like him. No idea how many merits the dude gets per week, but I don't think it's many because he gets on everyone's nerves all the time. Whatever he receives, he would earn many more if he wasn't like that. Still, he isn't an unknowledgeable shit poster that shouldn't get paid because he lacks the needed popularity.
In regards to @franky1, he's a pretty cool member, active, and always full of controversy.
A few days ago had a debate in my thread about Lightning Network with senior members.
He doesn't seem to like Lightning Network very much and keeps attacking it.
Although full of controversy and some negative assumptions, he is a genius member and often gets on everyone's nerves.
And he's a poster who doesn't support any projects.
Activity: 966
Merit: 280
October 22, 2023, 02:44:02 AM
-snip-
To be straightforward, just like the company wants the best participants in the campaign, it is the right of the Signature participants to keep finding the best campaign for themselves too.
As in some signature campaigns that update the rules to find the best members with high-quality contributions.
And it won't look at who is more loyal, but at how qualified the member is while in the campaign.

If there is no good development or just paying off the posting target without any quality improvement, there is nothing to care about.
And this also depends on how the developer wants the best participants and replaces them with other and more competent ones.

See how @Royse777's signature campaign gave special payouts to members with over 3.5k merits and higher minimum posts.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/close-sinbadio-mix-your-btc-quickly-signature-campaign-up-to-225w-5419242

and in the signature campaign @yahoo62278 uses a rule for selected participants to get 1 merit/week,if you can't get it you can still get half the payment.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.61057317

Those examples of different campaigns of getting the perfect members for the campaign are perfectly fine. Since the companies are promoting their products, they will always want to hire the best of the best. We never mind that, do we?

My only point of view is that if a Signature Campaign Member changes the campaigns often, he should not be looked in a bad way as not being loyal or something. For sure, he got selected in campaigns because he is a quality poster. He also got a better opportunity and he moved.
legendary
October 22, 2023, 02:05:47 AM
I didn't know about that rule. Getting at least one merit shouldn't be difficult even for decent posters, let alone the best ones but I still don't like it. Regardless of what anyone says, getting merits is also a popularity contest and it greatly depends on where the person posts the most. Those posts could be merit-worthy, but because they are in subs where there aren't any merit sources or the person isn't very likable by the community for whatever reason, they might not even get that one merit a week. That doesn't necessarily mean their posts weren't good enough. Besides, the campaign got the promotion they wanted and so they should pay for it in full, not half.

The first person that comes to mind is franky1. I don't even think he can get into a good campaign because of his many negative tags, and there are many people on the forum that he irritates, and they don't like him. No idea how many merits the dude gets per week, but I don't think it's many because he gets on everyone's nerves all the time. Whatever he receives, he would earn many more if he wasn't like that. Still, he isn't an unknowledgeable shit poster that shouldn't get paid because he lacks the needed popularity.
legendary
Blackjack.fun
October 21, 2023, 08:47:28 PM
-snip-
To be straightforward, just like the company wants the best participants in the campaign, it is the right of the Signature participants to keep finding the best campaign for themselves too.
As in some signature campaigns that update the rules to find the best members with high-quality contributions.
And it won't look at who is more loyal, but at how qualified the member is while in the campaign.

If there is no good development or just paying off the posting target without any quality improvement, there is nothing to care about.
And this also depends on how the developer wants the best participants and replaces them with other and more competent ones.

See how @Royse777's signature campaign gave special payouts to members with over 3.5k merits and higher minimum posts.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/close-sinbadio-mix-your-btc-quickly-signature-campaign-up-to-225w-5419242

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.61057317
Activity: 966
Merit: 280
October 21, 2023, 05:26:03 PM
It's a free market and nobody should be forcing anyone to be where they don't want to be. Loyalty can't be forced upon you, otherwise it's not real loyalty. It's based on fear and uncertainty. You choose who or what you want to be loyal to because it's not a requirement that someone should make you respect.     

It's more related to the better signature payments than the Loyalty itself. When anyone gets selected in a campaign, which pays more than the current one, the people will usually switch the campaigns. There may be few so called "Loyal" to the company who will not switch but do you think that the company they are promoting with always remain loyal to them?

We sometimes see that the company downsizes the signature participants and sometimes if a more trusted member applies to a campaign, the company may not take time to replace those "Loyal" participants.

Pages:
Jump to: