Author

Topic: why do people agree to pay taxes? - page 114. (Read 50995 times)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500
January 31, 2015, 07:16:04 AM
whats so wrong with taxes? i assume most of you have a computer in front of you, the people who build and designed the computers had educations paid for by government taxes, the government pays for the internet backbones in there country. if you dont want to be apart of civilization then go get a block of wood and go waterworld it, but no mater what ends up happening you will end up paying someone a tax of some sort(protection money, the fees for exchanging gold into oranges ) your just someone who is only reading half a book

Hardware equipement is close to a free market and it is why the prices are going down, if computers were made by a public company they would not exist or there would only be one very expensive computer of very poor quality.
Activity: 560
where am i? HELLO WORLD
January 31, 2015, 06:02:57 AM
whats so wrong with taxes? i assume most of you have a computer in front of you, the people who build and designed the computers had educations paid for by government taxes, the government pays for the internet backbones in there country. if you dont want to be apart of civilization then go get a block of wood and go waterworld it, but no mater what ends up happening you will end up paying someone a tax of some sort(protection money, the fees for exchanging gold into oranges ) your just someone who is only reading half a book
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005
January 31, 2015, 05:50:43 AM
Heard about saxation, and do you agree it is fair?

Aiden Gregg and Jeff Berwick:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uL_6rC3A4sU
January 31, 2015, 05:38:03 AM
why is it ok for a group of people calling themselves the government to force everyone to buy their services?
if enough armed people refused to pay and told the government to go fuck itself there is nothing they could do.

"Armed people" , mmm ... so there will be a lot of blood to get freedom . I don't think it's a necessary sacrifice .
Beside you have BTC , so they will never know what you really have , do they ? Wink that's the beauty of BTC

Coercision is evil.
Activity: 644
My goal is becaming a billionaire.
January 28, 2015, 01:32:36 PM
why is it ok for a group of people calling themselves the government to force everyone to buy their services?
if enough armed people refused to pay and told the government to go fuck itself there is nothing they could do.

"Armed people" , mmm ... so there will be a lot of blood to get freedom . I don't think it's a necessary sacrifice .
Beside you have BTC , so they will never know what you really have , do they ? Wink that's the beauty of BTC
legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 1514
January 28, 2015, 10:53:43 AM
You are using an established system. Everyone uses the government's system in one way or another. So you have to pay for that in a way.
Right. It would not be fair for the government to provide you with something and for you to not have to pay for it

Well,government build many infrastructure,so the people can use it
I think it's pretty normal for us to pay taxes

We don't need the government to provide a service that will end up being of poor quality and high price

That's a snap judgement. It's very easy to undermine what the government has done for a country. Taking the US for example, roads, public schooling, Emergency services, ect. are a key for society to develop and remain healthy. The government's job is to moderate and regulate. Despite looking at it from a conservative or liberal standpoint, their job is always to remain neutral. Whether or not they do a good job is beyond me, however, paying them to maintain things is how it works. In terms of the price, I'd say it's pretty cheap to pay taxes and allow yourself and your children to have a virtually free high school education and access to emergency services.
Activity: 378
Merit: 254
January 28, 2015, 10:22:08 AM
If a digital currency replaced a fiat currency, wouldn't it then in fact be fiat?

Depends what you mean by fiat.  The word itself means "not voluntary", but in the context of economics, it is taken to mean "a virtual (valueless) currency" because those are the currencies that people will not use by choice.

Bitcoin is new.  It is a fully virtual currency, but not one that anyone is being forced to use.  Kinda hard to call that fiat.  We need a new word to describe it.

Fiat: A Latin word meaning “let it be done”
Currencies can be classified into two monetary systems: fiat money and commodity money.--wikip
"Fiat money" is money that's not backed by a physical commodity, e.g. precious metals.  It is typically backed by governments,

Bitcoin's not backed by physical commodities.  Nor is it backed by governments, so yah, it's sorta hard to call it fiat.
Or "currency," for that matter Cheesy
January 28, 2015, 10:15:25 AM
If a digital currency replaced a fiat currency, wouldn't it then in fact be fiat?

TT

No because bitcoin cannot be created by a central bank.
kjj
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1026
January 28, 2015, 10:00:20 AM

Depends what you mean by fiat.  The word itself means "not voluntary", but in the context of economics, it is taken to mean "a virtual (valueless) currency" because those are the currencies that people will not use by choice.

Bitcoin is new.  It is a fully virtual currency, but not one that anyone is being forced to use.  Kinda hard to call that fiat.  We need a new word to describe it.
Activity: 500
Merit: 501
http://digitalcoin.org/
January 28, 2015, 08:07:52 AM

TT
Activity: 364
Merit: 256
January 08, 2015, 07:50:42 PM
I wonder how a proper global tax system could be achieved, so blockchain payments are better accepted by all. Right now it is all dependent on fiat stuff, but getting rid of the fiat at all would bring a major boost to all crypto (except those which are crippled by attacks/premine/superblocks)
January 06, 2015, 12:04:18 PM
I'm a minarchist then.

I am an antichrist
I am a minarchist!

Coz I
Wanna beeeeee E
Minarchy!

How did you get hold of my picture, bastard ? :-)

I got some from your younger days, too.  You aged well Smiley

Activity: 770
Merit: 629
January 06, 2015, 11:50:45 AM
I'm a minarchist then.

I am an antichrist
I am a minarchist!

Coz I
Wanna beeeeee E
Minarchy!

How did you get hold of my picture, bastard ? :-)
January 06, 2015, 11:21:42 AM
People agree to pay taxes but as the taxes go up in the US and Europe, they agree less to pay and try to illegally avoid to pay taxes.
January 06, 2015, 10:18:16 AM
I'm a minarchist then.

I am an antichrist
I am a minarchist!

Coz I
Wanna beeeeee E
Minarchy!
Activity: 770
Merit: 629
January 06, 2015, 09:12:20 AM

Learn to libertarianism.  From the FAQ on wikip libertarianism "talk" page:

I'm a minarchist then.
January 06, 2015, 06:49:11 AM
We should develop...a tool. "The Peoples Network of the United States". Some sort of system every verified American citizen can join and be apart of. To vote collectively and collaborate with eachother. Develop an app around that idea.

We should push for less taxes and smaller government.
donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1010
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
January 05, 2015, 11:23:06 PM
We should develop...a tool. "The Peoples Network of the United States". Some sort of system every verified American citizen can join and be apart of. To vote collectively and collaborate with eachother. Develop an app around that idea.
Yeah. And we should write a Declaration of Independence for that collaboration. Then we can write a Constitution delineating our responsibilities to our collective arrangement. Yeah, that's the ticket!
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
January 05, 2015, 10:49:03 PM
STT
legendary
Activity: 4004
Merit: 1428
Catalog Websites
January 05, 2015, 09:58:50 PM
Capitalism has the value of the currency distributed among the people.   We have a breakdown now with government dominating commerce and also the debasement of currency and this is done centrally.  Formerly USA was a demonstration of how a massive country could be productive with fair laws so I wont agree its always the case.  Sadly its become that power is centralised and people are no longer the owners and producers but functions of the state
Jump to: