Pages:
Author

Topic: why do people agree to pay taxes? - page 39. (Read 50995 times)

Activity: 373
Merit: 250
May 22, 2018, 05:40:37 AM
That does not make sense to question the most common law that the majority of countries have because taxes is like a systematic regulation that has been working for a long time.
Activity: 742
Merit: 128
Coinbene.com - Experience Fast Crypto Trading
May 22, 2018, 02:58:12 AM
They thinking about their future. That when they will retire, they have some money
If we don't need to pay taxes, I'm sure, this money can't be safe. People just spent and stay without money
maybe you're right. there are some government regulations that make it happen. but only the use of taxes for the development of a better state. but there are still many parties who object to it, and there are also parties who support it happens.

For me, I am agree to pay tax because I know that the money will I pay for tax will be used for the development of the country where I belong and it is good for the future.
Activity: 63
Merit: 0
May 22, 2018, 02:32:05 AM
Taxes is one of every government monetary policy in countries. Taxes is usually used for the development in all areas. It's usually to develop infrastructure, for salaries of government employees, make people prosperous etc. It's the obligation of every people to his country.
Activity: 2072
Merit: 503
May 22, 2018, 01:47:24 AM
They thinking about their future. That when they will retire, they have some money
If we don't need to pay taxes, I'm sure, this money can't be safe. People just spent and stay without money
maybe you're right. there are some government regulations that make it happen. but only the use of taxes for the development of a better state. but there are still many parties who object to it, and there are also parties who support it happens.
Activity: 278
Merit: 10
May 22, 2018, 12:23:35 AM
Activity: 134
May 22, 2018, 12:07:51 AM
For me the biggest problem is that we all pay wildly different taxes. Furthermore, the wealthiest people often pay the lowest rates. And corporations have gamed the system to a point of corruption.  They get tax breaks for sending jobs out of the country and are rewarded by paying almost nothing (or nothing). Of course the bills still come in and that leaves you and me to pay for their breaks.
Activity: 182
May 21, 2018, 12:42:35 PM
we can only follow the rules of government, I think paying taxes is for public facilities we have. the government has facilitated us. I think paying taxes is not a problem as long as it suits our ability.
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
May 21, 2018, 12:31:08 PM
Collected taxes from the Government are very essential to establish a solid economic status of one's country, There are many uses of tax, they used for infrastructures, Charity, building schools and offices, and a source of salary for public employees and government officials, and the good thing is if taxes are managed properly, everybody are benefited. Taxes had a significant role in one's country.
Activity: 146
May 21, 2018, 10:19:12 AM
the form of compulsory contribution that must be paid to the government and is coercive by not getting the rewards directly, but the rewards can be received indirectly. It seems like the construction of public facilities such as road construction, street lighting and other facilities. Many things are taxed, ranging from Income Tax (PPH), Land and Building Tax (PBB), Value Added Tax (VAT), Luxury Goods Tax (PPnBM), and Motor Vehicle Tax (PKB).

Taxes must be and should be paid as the taxes we pay are also used by the state for the purposes of government administration, such as paying civil servants' salaries, payments for army expenses, police and other state purposes.
Activity: 301
Merit: 3
DAEFROM.com
May 21, 2018, 10:14:58 AM
I think people are obligated to pay taxes, it doesn't matter if we agree or disagree about this matter, it is our obligation and we should fulfill that obligation. Taxes are very important to our society. We use the money earned from paying taxes in order to build infrastructures that can help or will be a big help to our society. Also, we use this taxes as a basis of growing or getting rich society/country. These taxes will surely help us and will surely benefits us people living in a country where taxes are used for the good of the society/country.
Activity: 728
Merit: 169
What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger
May 21, 2018, 10:09:32 AM
why is it ok for a group of people calling themselves the government to force everyone to buy their services?
if enough armed people refused to pay and told the government to go fuck itself there is nothing they could do.
I am sure that you are aware on what is the importance of taxes, we pay taxes because our society needs it. The government collecting taxes to develop and to improve the economy of a country. They are also giving services to their citizen for the citizen to keep safe and get better lives.

You're obviously not living in Greece! Grin
We have no security, we pay for doctor visits or else we wait 2 months, we pay a big part of the medicines, most towns have terrible enviroments (no parks, bad roads, limited lighting), I hear about retirements being cut 50% down and in some case even more (but I have no personal experience on that unlike the rest of the problems).

In a country like that, you don't feel very thrilled to pay taxes!
Activity: 339
Merit: 120
May 21, 2018, 10:06:43 AM
becuase people are dumb brainwashed sheep.

I think they're not , taxes were essential to a country's life and progression, this is not just for a country to be called ruler but it shows how capable a person can turn back all the efforts of his or her country's services and effort. I think taxes were used to build infrastructures and used for offering public services which may help its people to have a better community, it just that corruption is always present.
Activity: 728
Merit: 169
What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger
May 21, 2018, 10:03:31 AM
I did some calculations on the profits I make from the stock market and it's pretty "funny" if you think of how much you pay on fees and taxes.

I use the broker FxPro, after some research and demo-ing I found them to have the smallest fees. Depending on which stock I buy, how long I keep it and for what profit I sell it the fee is different, but on average 15% of my earnings are going to fees (I'm trading with margin so that's fair). I've summed the fees of both my lost and win trades which is why the figure is high. Also note that this is based on my 1 year average.

On top of that 15% I get taxed another 15% if I declare my winings at the end of the year.
After I've received the money, I obviously want to use them, but the VAT on goods in Greece is 24% !

So whatever money I make in a risky environment such as the stock market, 45,09% are fees and tax and I only keep the 54,91% (if you don't understand the math behind it, don't ask me how I calculated this!).
Of course if I lose more than I gain, I keep all the loses to myself! Grin

At least with cryptocurrencies I can use them to buy goods directly from shops and ignore any tax on earnings. I still pay for the VAT on goods but some tax paying should always exist, it's good for the national services to work.
Activity: 651
Merit: 103
May 21, 2018, 09:51:40 AM
why is it ok for a group of people calling themselves the government to force everyone to buy their services?
if enough armed people refused to pay and told the government to go fuck itself there is nothing they could do.
I am sure that you are aware on what is the importance of taxes, we pay taxes because our society needs it. The government collecting taxes to develop and to improve the economy of a country. They are also giving services to their citizen for the citizen to keep safe and get better lives.
Activity: 168
Merit: 1
May 21, 2018, 09:43:02 AM
As an able-bodied and a qualified Citizen of your country it is your duty to pay your taxes exactly and on time. It's a bitter pill to swallow but you can't do anything about it, unless you want to turn against your govt. Just pay your taxes diligently and it will come back to you multiple folds but in other forms. I hope
Activity: 434
Merit: 100
May 21, 2018, 09:34:23 AM

They agree to pay taxes because they have no choice but to follow the rules of the government on the country where they live on but i believe that if most of them can actually have their own way then no one will really pay anything for the taxes because most of the government today are just corrupted.
Activity: 224
Merit: 10
One Token to Move Anything Anywhere
May 21, 2018, 09:32:06 AM

Historically, a tax is a tribute (free gift) but its nature is a compulsory duty that must be exercised by the people (society) to a king or ruler. Taxes provided are used for public purposes such as to safeguard people's security, maintain roads, build waterways, build other social facilities, and other public interests. So that's why people still pay taxes to the government.
Activity: 72
May 21, 2018, 09:19:55 AM
People pay taxes because they are a law abiding citizen. Because taxes are made by law to be abide by its citizen. And non payment are subject for punishment. And i am hoping that government wont make regulations in bitcoin that may make members to pay taxes from earnings in bitcoin.
Activity: 756
Merit: 505
May 21, 2018, 06:32:00 AM
people have to do it. the state is the greatest mafia. The tax is actually a tribute. education, health and so on. people need the state. unfortunately we have to pay taxes. the state has a lot of sanctions.
Activity: 110
Merit: 5
May 21, 2018, 06:01:41 AM
We have to pay taxes. Otherwise, GOVT will arrest us or corrupt our beloved property. Do we really have any other choices?
I don't think that we really have any other option but paying taxes. Besides taxes are really an important part of our govt's earning. If we want to be a good citizen than we have to pay our taxes regularly.
Pages:
Jump to: