Pages:
Author

Topic: why do people agree to pay taxes? - page 72. (Read 50995 times)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0
March 03, 2018, 11:23:30 AM
why do people agree to pay taxes? That is because the money we pay in taxes goes to many places. In addition to paying the salaries of government workers, our tax dollars also help to support common resources, such as police and firefighters. Tax money helps to ensure the roads we travel on are safe and well-maintained. We ay tax for the better of our community and economy. To make, build, develop our country.
Activity: 714
Merit: 261
March 02, 2018, 05:40:37 AM
why is it ok for a group of people calling themselves the government to force everyone to buy their services?
if enough armed people refused to pay and told the government to go fuck itself there is nothing they could do.

Taxes are always taken for granted by people like us but to be honest they are very important for the development of nation itself. I mean if you don't pay the taxes then I am pretty sure our nation can't develop. Obviously government is system with thoughtful process of getting the taxes and to circulate it within states and cities to develop them internally and externally. They always have tremendous stress and need money which we can't imagine. Where from that comes? The only source is taxes. So it's for your good only.
Activity: 36
March 02, 2018, 05:38:33 AM
Without law and government, people are more likely to act like animals and do whatever that want to.
We pay taxes ask for some public service to protect us and live without fear.....
But you know sometimes things don't work like that.
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1001
Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data
March 02, 2018, 05:20:44 AM
i think people will realize to pay tax even though the government didn't pushed them because we're live in the particular countries which is required public facility such as hospitals or public transportation and government only can build those facilities if their citizen paying tax so basically tax will be used that to people to feel the comfort of living  
That is right if the government does not use it for personal purposes. If the government can does that, no one cares about the corruption in the economy and the tax. Every year, you pay a lot of money but the government can not give you a comfortable environment, better infrastructure, etc. That proves they have used it for self-interest.
Activity: 119
February 27, 2018, 08:03:26 AM
the only reason this works is because the citizens are unorganized and unarmed.
if people gather in groups of tens of people to protect each other against the government there is no way they could throw anyone in jail.

Well then they would probably make an example of a few to intimidate the rest.

how will they do that if they have a million armed people marching on their jail.
there are millions of us and only a few thousand of them, its insane that people haven't gathered up and thrown those government thugs in a cage yet.

It has happened many times in history.
Those people then form a new government which, in time, turns out to be pretty similar to the old one.
We pay taxes because we can benefit from it, I t can help our community grow if the tax we pay is in good hands and in a good ruler that can control its community and people. Taxes can also help in a emergency or disaster that causes big amounts of resources, tax helps to regain all the damages that has been done by a disaster. And it can help a lot of people too.
Activity: 182
Merit: 10
February 27, 2018, 07:50:36 AM
It is difficult for people to admit that they pay taxes only because of fear of retaliation on the part of state representatives. It was hard for me to admit it to myself. I'm not stealing because I'm afraid of falling into hell or jail, but because I understand that it's bad to steal. And with taxes, what's the difference? A person is told that he pays taxes only because he is afraid that he will be caught and punished, means to admit that he is bad. It's very uncomfortable, people want to be good. That is why it is important for the state representatives that everyone should think that it is good, noble and civilized to pay taxes, and not to pay is bad.  But this is a lie. Theft and non-payment of taxes have nothing to do with the moral point of view. Stealing is bad, not paying taxes is dangerous.
Activity: 50
February 27, 2018, 06:18:10 AM
why is it ok for a group of people calling themselves the government to force everyone to buy their services?
if enough armed people refused to pay and told the government to go fuck itself there is nothing they could do.

Well, in an ideal world, people pay taxes in exchange for public service from the government. Most social welfare needs to run on a large scale in order to lower its cost to a feasible level. But you are right, if enough armed people refused to pay and told the government to go fuck itself there is nothing the government could do. I guess the problem is whether the government established a trustworthy system to build infrastructure that people enjoy and feel like their payment to the government is worth every penny.
Activity: 210
February 27, 2018, 04:16:47 AM

It is our obligations as a citizen to pay taxes in our country. The government needed the money for new infrastracture, free and free or low cost education and health and wellness of the people especially  in a developing country. Unfortunately it is very disappointing to know that these taxes are corrupted by politicians and only a small part are being benefited by the poor.
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
February 27, 2018, 03:26:34 AM
yo! there~~, I'll respond with logical arguments once you stop posting anarcap slogans and cliches.
And you're a randian on top of all the other fail?  Once you graduate to Go, Dog, Go!, we can talk some more Smiley
In the mean time,

Activity: 20
February 27, 2018, 02:52:49 AM
Because we are obligate to pay taxes. Our goverment obligates us to pay taxes. But churches dont pay taxes. That's my one reason why im anti-gov
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000
February 27, 2018, 02:48:14 AM
i think people will realize to pay tax even though the government didn't pushed them because we're live in the particular countries which is required public facility such as hospitals or public transportation and government only can build those facilities if their citizen paying tax so basically tax will be used that to people to feel the comfort of living  
Activity: 140
February 27, 2018, 01:05:55 AM
Paying tax help the government to provide the pu lic the benefits and the services which in the public welfare it never do it for its own benefit the main benefit is of the public itself.The tax money collected by the government from the public is best utilised by the government to provide the better services which helps in the economic development of the country and it's the taxes which runs the couch countries administration.
Activity: 93
February 27, 2018, 12:39:00 AM
It’s not that all people agree to paying taxes. It’s just that people are obliged to pay taxes whether they were consulted about it or not. Perhaps, a single meal you eat in a fastfood is inclusive of taxes already. Taxes are imposed to be serve as the bloodstream of the government. The benefits that we enjoyed from the services offered by the government prove that whether we like it or not,we must pay taxes. We agree to pay taxes not only for ourselves but for the future of the next generation.
Activity: 392
Merit: 100
February 26, 2018, 09:05:32 AM

They cannot do anything butbto pay taxes because in everything that we buy even the foo have taces because that is where the government get their power through the money and where do they get the money that they pay to those government employees through taxes and their build schools and some infrastructures. Some just are corrupt that is why the taxes are being wasted into some other things.
Activity: 154
Merit: 12
February 26, 2018, 07:20:51 AM
We don't necessarily agree; more particularly I don't really agree rather I don't have a choice. If I don't pay, I'll get massive penalties plus court cases. Let's just say that it wouldn't be hard for myself to give out a huge chunk of my salary for taxes if only I can see improvements on our way of living, I mean I am already paying taxes from the goods I eat everywhere plus taxes on any services I avail but still everything seems to be going up and inflating. Plus hearing on the news that there are corrupt high ranking government officials whom have the luxury to spend a life of a king.
Activity: 119
February 26, 2018, 06:47:30 AM
My opinion somebody agrees because it wants to get facilities from the government such as health, infrastructure, and security. Because taxes are used to give us a comfortable place to live.
Activity: 952
Merit: 107
February 26, 2018, 06:34:21 AM
People to the national tax - assign part of its natural property rights - is to be able to better enjoy the rest of his natural rights, and once in its natural rights violations can seek national public aid force; The state collects taxes in order to be able to meet the requirements of the above countries effectively and to the maximum extent.
Tax from people is collected for the growth and development of one country. Tax is being paid for the assets that we have and the goods and services we take because it is private enterprises which allows by the government to be manage and serve everyone.
Activity: 147
Merit: 21
February 26, 2018, 06:26:01 AM
People pay taxes for hospitals, infrastructure, streets and the rest of the system. Of course it would be glad if the taxes are a little lower, but if no one would pay taxes the government and so the country would go down very quickly.

This is nothing you have to agree, this is duty.
Activity: 693
Merit: 100
February 26, 2018, 06:20:11 AM
It's because people are open of following the rules that their governments on their countries that they live and I think I also gonna do what they are doing and as I see to bitcoins life now any body can be afraid of not paying their taxes when bitcoin accepted the taxed rules that other people has accepted too.
Yes, tax is a government mandated so people have nothing to do nor refuse on it and if time come that we need to pay income tax for bitcoin then i think everyone will force to do, but i wonder how government will do that since bitcoin is having no central control.
Activity: 700
Merit: 553
February 26, 2018, 05:47:04 AM
People pay taxes because in the end it is a necessity on a certain level and people cannot fight the government about something like that. Ever since the roman ages people were paying taxes. Nothing has changed.
Pages:
Jump to: