Pages:
Author

Topic: Why do people believe and invest in fraudulent ICO? - page 12. (Read 3339 times)

Activity: 952
Merit: 503
As far as I heard, the ICO Scam raised over $ 1 billion. Why did people invest in these ICO? Do you think this situation has changed now?

They invsst in the scam ICOs because they do not know how to look for a good ICOs they just invest and invest just to have money they do not think what will happen if they just invest and invest without looking and checking out the ICOs carefully.
Basically, I would say most people actually lack the knowledge and the enthusiasm to learn their environment before even getting into anything and that is what has affected a whole lot of people when it comes to making ICO investment decisions.

This is an unregulated space and the issue at hand is that a lot of people want to get rich fast and they are so gullible that the scammers are using that as an opportunity to get them since they really do not know how to play their card when it comes to due diligence before investing in any project.
Activity: 518
Merit: 101
the situation has changed a lot, you also have to realize that, there is no consistency in the development of the current project. both in terms of investment or bounty
copper member
Activity: 118
Merit: 0
Sometimes ICO seems as potential and scammers are prepared on a top level. Even for experienced investor such ICO can seem as usual and he won't determine scam.
Activity: 840
Merit: 252
Nobody wants to be scammed especially in ICO. All investment schemes and start up involves risk so if you are an investor, uninformed or not you should know that risks is highly probable in any investments that's why you need to research the project you want to put your money in.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016
Guys, let's not forget that each of the investors has its own risk management. I think that some people understand that the risk (when investing in a suspicious project) is great, but also see a profit that they can get at the same time, having to sell the coins first.
You have to realize one thing that no one in their sane mind will see a possible scam and be willing to take a risk on a scam. How is that possible? The issue here is that people who claim they wannabe investors usually do not get to understand all they should when it comes to investing in this space and that is one thing they really need to get to understand before even making an attempt.

Take a look around, and all you will see is people who are basically looking for fast means to get rich and then not even taking the zeal to want to understand how they should be making decisions and then they just see themselves being a victim of fraudulent ICOs.
Activity: 406
Merit: 36
Guys, let's not forget that each of the investors has its own risk management. I think that some people understand that the risk (when investing in a suspicious project) is great, but also see a profit that they can get at the same time, having to sell the coins first.
This is far more than the profit alone as this should have more to do with potential of what you are actually investing in. What a lot of people who want to be investors do not know is that due diligence is the only thing that can always help them to make the best decisions in this space as long as ICOs are concerned.

Investors have a huge part to play when it comes to investing in ICOs and it is simply because some are lazy when it comes to learning their environment and getting familiar with it which is what has made them to eventually get screwed by investing in scam.
Activity: 249
Merit: 13
dApps Development Automation Platform
Now people are starting to believe less in ICO, because the word has spreaded that many are scam but in the past, people made millions with just a shitty web page and a few pics.
Activity: 392
Merit: 12
It is actually difficult to spot scam ICOs, they behave like real and they invest a lot of money to promote the project, that's why people don't spot them. You have to do a lot of research to know about them.
Activity: 504
Merit: 100
The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation
The claim that ICO have raised One Billion dollars is still subject to different interpretations and arguement. However, many people have lost money to scam be it in ICO or some other form of scam. People loss money generally because of lack of knowledge of where they are putting their money into!
Activity: 62
Merit: 1

Nothing has changed, as they have invested in such ICOs and will invest, because fraudsters there promise them a lot of money.
Activity: 728
Merit: 14
people only invest because they do not know that it is a fraud ico. nobody wants to lose their money, and if people were to recognize it before, they would not invest.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 103
Activity: 532
Merit: 100
In my opinion, the reason people believe and invest in fraudulent ICOs is that they are eager to make a quick profit. They have overlooked the principle of careful research and selection of potential ICOs for investment.
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
As far as I heard, the ICO Scam raised over $ 1 billion. Why did people invest in these ICO? Do you think this situation has changed now?

They invsst in the scam ICOs because they do not know how to look for a good ICOs they just invest and invest just to have money they do not think what will happen if they just invest and invest without looking and checking out the ICOs carefully.
Activity: 336
Merit: 12
Newbies are the ones that fall victim for this and they will invest there hard earned money in this fraudulent projects, something have to be done about this ,I'd advice newbies to becareful and only invest in serious projects only ,scamy projects will only hurt you
Activity: 868
Merit: 16
of course because the person is not careful in determining the ICO. people are currently following the ICO because they expect big profits from there. if I have assets, it is better to buy altcoins / tokens that are already listed in the market and have cheap prices at this time. because it could be the price will increase at the end of the year
That doesn't determine you will get profit even though the altcoin has been listed on the market. Many shitcoins who doesn't has a good projects so that only a few times in exchange and then doesn't has value cause there are no investors who contribute to make it worth. Bitcoin is one of the crypto currencies that will continue to survive, many investors in it and pump and dumps rarely occur even though has never happened. Someone who has long been in the crypto currency industry they will choose bitcoin compared to altcoin.
Activity: 924
Merit: 511

We can not say ICOs are scam on the whole but most of ICOs are definitely scam and many of them comes with less than $0.01 even their coin value is $0.5 during ICO sales.
These investors are mostly newbies who don't research before opting a coin and then they lose their money, we should always give priority to bitcoin first
Activity: 350
Merit: 10
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
Most of the time most of the people do not know that they are investing in some thing fraudulent. They are just trying to make money and trying to get into projects early enough that they have the most advantage to make money from the market. Then there are the people who know they are investing in something fraudulent but are just trying to make money before they pull out
Activity: 252
Merit: 1

well orchestrated story is much more interesting compare true and sincere technology that improve life. people are loss minded sheep they like to follow charismatic story teller, regardless what story it is, true or scam. remember during high school every one like to follow popular kid instead of nerds?? the real people who actually build the world are the nerds. not those popular kids. so make choice wisely.
Activity: 714
Merit: 252
of course because the person is not careful in determining the ICO. people are currently following the ICO because they expect big profits from there. if I have assets, it is better to buy altcoins / tokens that are already listed in the market and have cheap prices at this time. because it could be the price will increase at the end of the year
Pages:
Jump to: