Pages:
Author

Topic: Why do people believe and invest in fraudulent ICO? - page 11. (Read 3339 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 100
Justice as a Service Infrastructure
As far as I heard, the ICO Scam raised over $ 1 billion. Why did people invest in these ICO? Do you think this situation has changed now?

People are greedy. They heard a story about BTC and they consider that every token will be able to become as popular as BTC.
Agreed, I don't see any other reasons. Many clear scam ICO's get funds. Little, I saw new idea on the hype/ponzi market - exchange with one coin  Grin Clear ponzi on the smartcontract. But it offers as exchange or as ICO. Be smart, don't participate
Activity: 294
Merit: 14
As far as I heard, the ICO Scam raised over $ 1 billion. Why did people invest in these ICO? Do you think this situation has changed now?

People are greedy. They heard a story about BTC and they consider that every token will be able to become as popular as BTC.
Activity: 319
Merit: 10

People want to get rich and do nothing for it. I mean that there is no way to become rich doing nothing and it is obvious for most of traders all over the world.
Activity: 392
Merit: 114
What is the name of the ico raised over 1$ billionand became scam project?
The big problem is,no one know the project is scam or not.
Many scammers very smart nowadays,they can manipulate all of details about ico.
Its hard to know ico legit or not
Why did people invest in these ICO?
Because they wanna get profit,ico can give you high profit with 1-100 x profit
but very high risk to turn your money,if you don't carefully
Activity: 854
Merit: 12
arcs-chain.com
people hear about crypto and go crazy, rushing in, looking for a quick way to get rich... I honnestly think that a lot of people make blind investments, without even reading the WP...
It is maybe a phase, those people have learnt and are now more carefull...
don't really know what will happen on the next bull run, as a new wave of crazy newbies full of fiat will rush in looking for easy money...
We all have to contribute to stop these scams, spread the word, teach, comment... blockchain is a marvelous tool, we just have to use it wisely
Activity: 280
Merit: 1

I dont think its change the more ICO's implementing day by day i think its getting worse. Its all up to us to be aware in every project we've joining. In crypto were are prone of scam thats why we must be careful when investing in ICO.
Activity: 280
Merit: 100
And because there are a lot of newbies who act standardly. They check the white paper, the team and the project covers, and the scammers have already learned everything and it is difficult to identify them among such a multitude. I will not say that the experienced do not fall, this is the case.
Activity: 247
I think those who have less experience with ico or new investors are the easy targets of scammers. Some people believe in outrageous promises of icos because of their greed and wants to get rich fast. Scam icos are often too good to be true with unbelievable targets and goals and people always falls for that.
Activity: 686
too much marketing and they were able to attract those investors. may be they gave big discounts for early buyers. but i cant understand that why those investors didnt do any good research about them before investing money. there are lot of good projects too. may be they tried to get huge profits. sad to see this type of news
Activity: 406
Merit: 2
I suppose those people are just plain lazy without checking out that ICO but just throw money into it. Maybe that ICO offer an irresistible deals like big discount to their tokens and pay money for good reviews by ICO bench mark sides and many fall into the trap. 
Activity: 602
Merit: 250
Because fraudsters are improving and developing. And to understand that a fraudster is a fraudster at times is incredibly difficult. Sometimes even the most reliable project can be a fraud. So be careful guys.
Activity: 115

The very problem is that no one knows that an ICO is a scam ICO. The managers and owners wont tell the crypto community that their project is a scam I mean why would they?
Activity: 658
Merit: 250
What ICO did you mean that rised $1 billion? I don't think that people choose that scam project because they wanted to. That would be because they got scammed from the information that the project gave. So there is a lesson for us to learn better about new project with ICO, before we decide to put our money in it.
Activity: 308
Merit: 11
I thought at first I didn't know that the ICO was a scam, so they invested there, but half of the ICO trip was considered a scam, so nobody knew and all of this was made a lesson to be more rigorous and not find a scam anymore. This ignorance should not be considered to believe in a scam ICO.
Activity: 504
Maybe they think that investing in ico cheat can get more results, even though I don't think so, they lack understanding about ico, I think it would be better if we study with experienced people about ico and cryptocurrency
Activity: 826
Merit: 265

Same question why gamblers continue to gamble when the truth is they know that smaller percentage of chance in winning is in their hands,putting the logic this is the same situation why ico investors fall from ico scam

And added into this are the capacity of every project team to mislead people for promising income in a very perfect manner that every people might believe.

You are asking this because you have no capacity to invest but when time comes that you will have money enough for sure you will break this thread
Activity: 714
Merit: 11
BountyMarketCap
at the beginning of the project they always presented a lot of positive things from whitepaper, road map and development team. big expectations are in the minds of everyone, including investors. but at the end of the period, sometimes ico is not on target and is considered a scam. but not all of them, maybe only a few who did not succeed in achieving their soft cap or hard cap.
Activity: 322
Because most of the investors right now especially newbies are attracted immediately by its features and its growth return of investment. Without looking further on the whitepaper or even making verification of the team members that is involved in the ICO.
Activity: 420
Merit: 1
Had it been those who invested in fraudulent ICOs knew they were scams, they would not have invested. They problem here now is in knowing.
Not everyone has the ability or has learnt how to identify scam ICOs. Some just invest because they see others do the same or that they were deceived into investing. This is one of the reasons we need to take our time, in order to learn some things before investing.
Activity: 378
Had it been those who invested in fraudulent ICOs knew they were scams, they would not have invested. They problem here now is in knowing.
Not everyone has the ability or has learnt how to identify scam ICOs. Some just invest because they see others do the same or that they were deceived into investing. This is one of the reasons we need to take our time, in order to learn some things before investing.
Pages:
Jump to: