Pages:
Author

Topic: Why people are holding Bitcoin? - page 87. (Read 58467 times)

Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
August 17, 2017, 05:18:39 PM
because selling at any time results in orders of magnitude loss several years later.

its hard to trade orders of magnitude profit over that time.

eg sell under $1, jumps over $1 forever, buy back in at $100, because you were waiting for it to drop under $1 again.

how can you trade that?

sell under 10K, jumps to 15K, never goes below 10K, you wait and have to buy back in at 50K or 100K.

how do you trade that....?

and that is the history of BTC.
The scenario that you are suggesting in your post can happen but you can also profit from the ups and the down of the market, someone that got bitcoin at 2400 and sold and then waited when the price touched 1800 and bought bitcoin got 33% more bitcoin and if he sold at the current price of 4300 could have gotten earnings over 138% its starting capital in less than a month and if the price goes lower, which is likely, then he can get even more profits.
Activity: 672
Merit: 526
August 17, 2017, 04:17:53 PM
For the crypto economy, it would be way better if people buy, sell and use. People holding just make it more difficult to new entrants.
Activity: 994
Merit: 252
August 17, 2017, 03:39:58 PM
Bitcoin has becamed a digital gold, soo the question is why would you sell something that you believe and know that can grow more over time, soo it does make sense to save your coins, unless you need money i wouldnt moove any coin till 2020, where for some people will be enought and will left crypto investment rich, or with a lot money to use.

I believe that in the coming 2020s will make bitcoin prices very expensive. And maybe for those of us who hold bitcoin in large quantities will be a millionaire in 2020

For 2017 it is too late to buy and hold large bitcoin quantity. Because price is more than 4000$ and it will not exceed 6000$ for current year imo.
Well, I think nobody is too late to buy bitcoin, because bitcoin always increases in faithful years, it always happens and has been reflected in every year
yeah, it’s never to0 late, by reading these words a real example came in my mind which I want to share with all of you, 1 month ago, same question I answered and I told people that it is not too late, some of them do not believe in me but some believe me and they invest at that time and now they get 119% profit in one month, so take some lesson from this example and go
Activity: 784
Merit: 500
August 17, 2017, 01:38:09 PM
What makes people compel to hold the bitcoin in this critical situation? What are they waiting for? Any good reason?

They wait and hold them because they know that it would be dumb to sell them now as price will rise again soon. There are people that been holding bitcoins ever since they bought them at 100$ or less, they hold them for future.

Only people that sell now are ones that plan to buy them again once they drop by few hundreds just to re-buy them again and make profit.

Agreed with you, people believes that bitcoin price will keep increasing in coming months so its better to hold them rather booking small profit. it has been also observed that people sell btc when price is up and then they wait for price to fall to buy btc again.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
August 17, 2017, 01:25:50 PM
People are holding Bitcoin, because they believe its price will rise highly soon, and this way they make good profit. Of course there is some risk, because the price increasing is not guaranteed, but if you plan to hold for long term period it will be profitable in my opinion.
I agree. With prices that tend to rise, bitcoin can be used as future investment so that many people who keep it. In addition, bircoin can also be used as a heritage
Activity: 434
Merit: 255
August 17, 2017, 12:14:34 PM
People hold bitcoins because that is the only way to earn extra money without having any skills in the trade. The price is rising steadily and at the moment it seems that it will never end. Maybe bitcoin will be those that will change our world forever.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
August 17, 2017, 12:10:45 PM
Bitcoin has becamed a digital gold, soo the question is why would you sell something that you believe and know that can grow more over time, soo it does make sense to save your coins, unless you need money i wouldnt moove any coin till 2020, where for some people will be enought and will left crypto investment rich, or with a lot money to use.

I believe that in the coming 2020s will make bitcoin prices very expensive. And maybe for those of us who hold bitcoin in large quantities will be a millionaire in 2020

For 2017 it is too late to buy and hold large bitcoin quantity. Because price is more than 4000$ and it will not exceed 6000$ for current year imo.
Well, I think nobody is too late to buy bitcoin, because bitcoin always increases in faithful years, it always happens and has been reflected in every year
Haha, but you know Bitcoin in past time maybe in last year and skip it, you will very regret why in past time you don't buy Bitcoin Grin? This is the reason make many people want holding Bitcoin for long term and enjoy profit.
Activity: 338
Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies
August 17, 2017, 12:01:30 PM
What makes people compel to hold the bitcoin in this critical situation? What are they waiting for? Any good reason?
They are waiting for their profit to be bigger especially those who are holding Bitcoin for a long period of time. They patiently waited until this time came that its market value is contuously increasing, and consistently. Even if there are dumps that happened , they believed that pumps will take place days after the dumps because it usually happens.
Activity: 658
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
August 17, 2017, 12:00:18 PM

They wait and hold them because they know that it would be dumb to sell them now as price will rise again soon. There are people that been holding bitcoins ever since they bought them at 100$ or less, they hold them for future.

Only people that sell now are ones that plan to buy them again once they drop by few hundreds just to re-buy them again and make profit.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
August 17, 2017, 11:38:29 AM
People are holding Bitcoin, because they believe its price will rise highly soon, and this way they make good profit. Of course there is some risk, because the price increasing is not guaranteed, but if you plan to hold for long term period it will be profitable in my opinion.
yeah you are right that bitcoin price increasing too much faster and people strongly believe that bitcoin will more increase its price too much faster and a lot of people going to invest their money in huge amount in bitcoin. and i think there is no risk to invest your money in bitcoin.
Activity: 345
August 17, 2017, 11:33:30 AM
Bitcoin's value increased way big than its price before. It is obviously in favor to those who has Bitcoin and who are holding it for a long period of time. They've waited for a long time so they won't sell it easily. They are now seeing bigger profit from Bitcoin that made them hold it until the time and price is right for them.
Activity: 742
Merit: 253
August 17, 2017, 11:33:17 AM

Activity: 360
Merit: 250
August 17, 2017, 11:30:56 AM
Many people think that the price of Bitcoin is going to rise in short amount of time, thats why they are holding Bitcoin. For example if the Bitcoin hit $10k in the few next months it will generate a huge profit for the current Bitcoin's holders.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
August 17, 2017, 11:29:22 AM
I think only 1 reason for this is the profit Smiley)) as you can see if you buy a Bitcoin when it cost about 600 - 800$/ Bitcoin but now it more than 4400$/Bitcoin that mean you earn more than 3000$ only with holding bitcoin and sell them at the right time Smiley)
Activity: 644
Transact Safer / Chase Better
August 17, 2017, 11:27:30 AM
Now many people understand that Bitcoin is an investment where you can make more money if you hold them for long.
Holding Bitcoin is the best option to the people who are holding Bitcoin, it will give fruitful income in future.
Activity: 126
August 17, 2017, 11:18:58 AM
Because news shows that Bitcoin may somehow be a Big Thing in the future. And people want to be with the BIG THING. Investors doesn't want to be left out of the boat, or rocket going to the moon.
Activity: 798
Merit: 250
August 17, 2017, 11:17:18 AM
Activity: 966
August 17, 2017, 11:08:45 AM
Of course for long-term investment. And I'm sure with the current prices, many are interested in bitcoin to make bitcoin a long-term investment. They believe that bitcoin prices will continue to skyrocket
Activity: 339
Merit: 102
The Exchange for EOS Community
August 17, 2017, 11:01:48 AM
I think many people hold the bitcoins because bitcoin's price will be more expensive in the future,
bitcoins be considered as new digital gold and digital asset, bitcoins can protect their whealty from inflation
so they hold bitcoins for long time.

True, and each everyone of us were dreaming about a successful life and for now we see bitcoin as a stepoing stone for the endeavor we aim to chase and for me people were holding bitcoin because they believe and patiently waiting that bitcoin is about to raise its value and luckily they can have the opportunity to exchange the profit that they have for a bigger amount of money in their pwn different purposes.
Activity: 411
Merit: 335
August 17, 2017, 10:59:30 AM
They are reserving it in the near future because they know price will become higher more than today. They simply want to sell at a higher price so that they could gain a much better profit. Or simply they are still waiting for Aug.1 result.

Exactly. The main reason why people are holding bitcoin is that they believe that in the near future the value of it will become high and high because we all know that the value of bitcoin isn't stable. Many people are become rich in that kind of strategy. And many people are trying their luck because they know that strategy is effective.
Pages:
Jump to: