Pages:
Author

Topic: Why people sell bitcoins? - page 14. (Read 9911 times)

Activity: 48
Merit: 1
January 25, 2018, 06:17:26 AM
Well bitcoin is where their money are, so definitely when they need their money they'll sell their bitcoin. Smiley or...people sell their bitcoin cause price are getting lower everyday 😂
Activity: 392
Merit: 100
January 25, 2018, 05:53:54 AM
For me personally the reason why I sell or trade for alt coins is because it's BS that BTC can't be sent quick, transactions are too expensive. This is everything Bitcoin promises from day one.

I remember how bitcoin die hard fan boys were against banks, slow transactions and how costly it was.

Now BTC is everything it was against back in the day. It's centralized (ooh yes), transactions are too slow and sometimes MORE expensive than banks!!

Fok this shit, I bet on Alts and Ether.
Activity: 180
January 25, 2018, 05:45:09 AM
Well ideally bitcoin is a means of investment, but if you really need the money for whatever reason, you have to sell the coins to get some sort of fiat currency back.

True,  having a bitcoin is a form of investment  but when time comes that we really need a cash with us, we have to sell our bitcoin. But if your are rich and doesn't need a lot of money  or you have an extra cash with you, bitcoin can give us a good investment if we hold it for a long time.

In my opinion there are two main reason for selling. One of them which is quite happening is panic selling as most of you know. When bitcoin holder sees that prices are going down sharply, he or she get scare and start selling with the herd. Second reason is the need for cash.
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
January 25, 2018, 05:42:29 AM
One of the reason is maybe they have an emergency payment or just like what you said, they need money. Even your savings save it in bitcoin in a long time the time will come that you sell it to the purpose to earn money. So if the btc become money you may buy everey thing through selling of bitcoin.
Activity: 83
January 25, 2018, 05:40:54 AM
People sell bitcoins to earn profit. But there is a speculation that people sell bitcoins before the bubble pops so that they could outsmart the investors. Since you invested in bitcoin, you ought to have your investment returned to you. Even if you say that bitcoin value will continue to skyrocket so you should HODL, it is impractical because hodling bitcoins forever is unrealistic. At some point in time, you will have to exchange it to cash.
Activity: 392
January 25, 2018, 05:39:39 AM
Well ideally bitcoin is a means of investment, but if you really need the money for whatever reason, you have to sell the coins to get some sort of fiat currency back.

True,  having a bitcoin is a form of investment  but when time comes that we really need a cash with us, we have to sell our bitcoin. But if your are rich and doesn't need a lot of money  or you have an extra cash with you, bitcoin can give us a good investment if we hold it for a long time.
Activity: 71
Merit: 20
January 25, 2018, 05:39:02 AM
This is a common scenario for ordinary people who don't own many bitcoins but i think this percentage is small compare to people who owns big bags. I'm selling my bitcoin too whenever i don't have funds to pay for something but i make sure i can buy again bitcoin as soon i earn.I think the y have less confidence in the system so they started to sell because of panic.
Activity: 75
January 25, 2018, 05:37:30 AM
here are many reasons why, first maybe they need cash in real life, or some are in panic,Most people use bitcoins as a means of investment, When a small move in price result in profit , they sell. On other hand, some people trade bitcoins for other crypto currencies which has a potential of becoming a next bitcoin.
Activity: 75
January 25, 2018, 05:35:43 AM
It is good question, Bitcoin is digital currency in the world. If it is determined that investing in Bitcoin is a long-term investment, it is unlikely that the exchange rate will drop during this time and sell is likely to be a loss.
Activity: 79
January 25, 2018, 05:33:48 AM
however it is still depends on the situation because there were still some days that you may need to spend your bitcoins in an important event or emergency situations.They sell it for profit and they don't need to hold it for longer because it is considered illegal and worst case they may receive sanctions when caught getting involved with bitcoin. In other places where bitcoin is not illegal, people do buy and sell bitcoins to maximize their profits and of course for other personal use.
Activity: 65
January 25, 2018, 05:32:04 AM
People buy bitcoin as an investment, and when they are satisfied with their investment returns, they choose to sell it.
Because now bitcoin is not legal tender, there are very few places in the world that accept bitcoin, and we can't pay it in bitcoin, so people are selling bitcoins.
Activity: 115
Merit: 2
January 25, 2018, 05:31:49 AM
People makes sense to sell some of their  bitcoin if they don't want to wait years for a potentially massive payoff.
people do not have enough money for current obligations
Activity: 59
January 25, 2018, 05:31:24 AM
Same as when bitcoin reach to profitable stage than people sell their bitcoon.On the other side when people need money than they sell bitcoin. In result they will not patronize bitcoin or get interested to that. So in order to transact with them, you have to use fiat.
January 25, 2018, 05:28:07 AM
 Somehow people get panic when the value of bitcoin going down and selling it directly unexpectedly.  But in other cities like in our area, users sells thier bitcoin because they need to buy things that they needed or they're just securing thier earnings because they afraid that bitcoin value may go down to its lowest in the time that they never expected it to happen.
Activity: 63
January 25, 2018, 05:24:37 AM
who are involved into the world of crypto for a long time, sell Bitcoins as they are scared by the rapid growth of BTC. They suspect it is a trick, and very soon Bitcoin can fall down. Another reason maybe a simple need for fiat money.So for me, I'll sell them when I got minimum 30% profits from the price when I buy them. Because I'm affraid the price decreased if I kept them for a long time in my wallet.
January 25, 2018, 05:22:35 AM
It will come more saling at 10k price next year, so those who sale now is really too early and lose the most profit as well.There are so many reasons to sell their bitcoin. Just like if we need an expense that must be paid for money. Then sometimes the others sell it to earn huge amounts.
Activity: 728
Merit: 252
January 25, 2018, 05:18:27 AM
The reason why people sell their bitcoin is because they need money and because the price is up and they have got their profit. So they sell it. Or may be they sell bitcoin because they afraid bitcoin will be banned in their country.
Activity: 67
January 25, 2018, 04:56:30 AM
Others sell their bitcoin..because the value is higher..they think that they earned..
Activity: 126
January 25, 2018, 04:45:32 AM
People makes sense to sell some of their  bitcoin if they don't want to wait years for a potentially massive payoff.
Activity: 17
January 24, 2018, 11:56:59 PM
bitcoin price will reduce so peoples are like to sell and there are getting bad trust on bitcoin
Pages:
Jump to: