Pages:
Author

Topic: Why people try to create their own coins? - page 15. (Read 11254 times)

Activity: 1162
Merit: 260
September 14, 2018, 12:10:30 PM
People try to create their coins because they want to present their skills and other people can buy their time by theirs own tokens. It is a really great idea!
NO. developing coin that's literally copycat of the existed coin is really easy, just rename here and there and your coin will magically ready to be published
its not about people want to present their skill but more of people are curious about how to make coin or just trying to make profit out of it.
Activity: 602
Merit: 105
September 14, 2018, 12:03:57 PM
People try to create their coins because they want to present their skills and other people can buy their time by theirs own tokens. It is a really great idea!
Activity: 52
Merit: 2
September 14, 2018, 11:56:30 AM
There are so many coins, but many of them just a copy of anothers. Why they waste their time for nothing? Grin

"Nothing" is one of the options. Million of $ Worth of created coins is the other options, which is a very strong motivation for most of the people who create copy/paste coins. And - look at Dogecoin: by copy-pasting a coin you may even end up with a Billion $ capitalization at some point.... In this case you surely didn't waist your time.
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
September 14, 2018, 11:43:06 AM
Obviously money is the main reason for that. Thats why these days many scammer can steal money from investors easily.
They just copy other coins and give some time on discord and bitcointalk. After collecting btc from the investors they do a exit scam.
So, it is very easy for a bad person to make money with that.
Activity: 210
September 14, 2018, 11:39:54 AM
I think it actually depends on the individual/company that creates their own coins. Alot of the times their main motive is just to earn money and many of them don't care about anything else. Still sometimes people try to do something good and introduce new features which can make things more convineant.
Activity: 182
September 14, 2018, 11:34:00 AM
Current cryptocurrencies that are popular today like Bitcoin and Ethereum have many problems (transaction time, can't be used day-to-day, dApp support). We're in the fight for who can invent the best crypto for the future, so it makes sense.

well it is true, now an awful lot of companies that are developing new crypto menciptakn and with better technology and fast. If later there will be a crypto can be used as a daily transaction I think it would be very useful.

Foir me I think people are trying to create their own coins it';s because they want to be known in the country where they are living and to earn more profit once accepted on it.
Activity: 672
Merit: 10
September 14, 2018, 11:31:42 AM
Current cryptocurrencies that are popular today like Bitcoin and Ethereum have many problems (transaction time, can't be used day-to-day, dApp support). We're in the fight for who can invent the best crypto for the future, so it makes sense.

well it is true, now an awful lot of companies that are developing new crypto menciptakn and with better technology and fast. If later there will be a crypto can be used as a daily transaction I think it would be very useful.
Activity: 90
September 14, 2018, 11:27:57 AM
Activity: 499
Merit: 1
September 14, 2018, 11:18:30 AM
Money is the root of everything, most of them are after making money, so they copy most of other people project and they try to make their own way. Let just be careful of bounty or ICO we joined.
Activity: 25
September 14, 2018, 11:12:28 AM
A physical person it is not necessary for sure. It is beneficial for the company to convert the entire business into digital form.
Activity: 462
Merit: 102
September 13, 2018, 08:57:46 PM
There are so many coins, but many of them just a copy of anothers. Why they waste their time for nothing? Grin

Not every token however has the same function. One key does not ope all doors and not one coin or token can access certain areas of the internet and/or functions. That's why we have other people developing a lot more tokens for other people, they have their own functions that can be very beneficial to both parties.
Activity: 179
September 13, 2018, 08:40:49 PM
Most of them want money . they don't have new ideas so just copy another . some of them are scammers trying to sell fake coins .
Activity: 134
September 13, 2018, 07:14:21 PM

I'm sure you are not alone, i found most Ico are just a copy/paste of each other. It has turned into a market whereby Managers promote them for marketing deals. Hunters and airdropers contribute in spreading the scams rapidly.
Activity: 392
Merit: 10
September 13, 2018, 07:02:35 PM
Yes, to a greater extent, of course , now people create projects because they want to make money, the blockchain of course very few people care
Activity: 854
Merit: 21
September 13, 2018, 07:01:20 PM
The truth is they are very very few innovative new projects out there because most of the existing projects and the new projects are made copies a lot of teams copy the concept of other people's projects and create their own platform mostly with the aim of raising capital from unsuspecting investors. this is the more reason why I believe this market of ico's needs to be regulated because more regulation will bring more scrutiny of new projects launching their decentralized platforms.
Activity: 98
September 13, 2018, 06:55:14 PM
This is the smart contract technology that has done more harm than good. It is now easy to create your own token and in turn run away with eth and btc thereby increasing scamming rate.
Activity: 714
Merit: 3
September 13, 2018, 06:30:22 PM
Technically speaking it's an easy way of becoming super rich in a short period of time.
Activity: 882
Merit: 502
September 13, 2018, 06:29:28 PM
It seems to me that these people just want to collect money under a name of already known and successful coin. Beginners in the market of cryptocurrencies do not understand yet where a fake and where the original can be invetirovat in their projects. All wish to receive easy and big money. And the sphere of cryptocurrencies became very attractive to swindlers.
Activity: 378
Merit: 11
September 13, 2018, 06:26:25 PM
Only very strange (or naive) people create own tokens and then try to sell it. I even know the cases where such people try to apply their tokens for listing on exchanges -  very strange and naive people.
Activity: 84
September 13, 2018, 06:22:42 PM
 Most of them want to finance their project, so they offers some programs to be funded. And this cryptocurrency world provides them with these coins.
Pages:
Jump to: