Pages:
Author

Topic: Why privacy matters - page 13. (Read 3731 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 135
August 07, 2020, 07:56:47 AM
We all concern us with privacy and protect ourselves when we work on the Internet, and it is good that Altecoin and alternative currencies provide the advantage of privacy and anonymity. In addition, you can protect ourselves and your privacy by using a paid proxy or a free VPN, but the paid proxy is safer. You can also protect yourself by using private browsers to hide the user’s identity, such as Tor Browser, and you should beware of sites that request to send personal information such as a passport photo or a picture of personal identity because it is possible that these sites are fraudulent and their aim is to steal personal information only
Activity: 916
Merit: 1
August 07, 2020, 07:17:08 AM
Yes you are right. the internet is not a place to talk about privacy. The same goes for smartphones, surveillance cameras and more.

Then where is the right place? Do you have much privacy in a real life? And in internet you can get it, no matter how wondering does it sound. You just have to do a great work and refuse from all the popular services online
Activity: 588
Merit: 5
August 03, 2020, 07:26:57 AM
Would you like others to see what's inside your underwear? I believe you don't like that. All of us needs privacy in our life.
lol and  do OP likes others using His toothbrush?i'm sure now so Privacy always matter  in everything.

And do He want someone  will go inside  His room while he is sleeping and turn on the radio loudly?

Privacy is part of our living,yeah we need  exposure  but we also need time for our self alone.
Yes you are right. the internet is not a place to talk about privacy. The same goes for smartphones, surveillance cameras and more.
Activity: 2618
Merit: 439
July 30, 2020, 07:22:47 AM
Would you like others to see what's inside your underwear? I believe you don't like that. All of us needs privacy in our life.
lol and  do OP likes others using His toothbrush?i'm sure now so Privacy always matter  in everything.

And do He want someone  will go inside  His room while he is sleeping and turn on the radio loudly?

Privacy is part of our living,yeah we need  exposure  but we also need time for our self alone.
July 30, 2020, 05:35:42 AM
in reality I have nothing to hide but it bothers me very much that others see and are interested in my activities on the internet regarding cryptocurrencies which is why for me privacy is fundamental

For sure you can choose what to share and what not. But it's hard when it goes to big corporations, that like to collect all the data. And when it goes to financial questions, it's better to use something encrypted as a small lack of information can lead to disaster.
Activity: 759
Merit: 15
July 28, 2020, 03:35:03 PM
in reality I have nothing to hide but it bothers me very much that others see and are interested in my activities on the internet regarding cryptocurrencies which is why for me privacy is fundamental
July 28, 2020, 05:38:11 AM
Sounds great! These words can also explain my opinion on a closed source code. It became so popular to run all the new apps with an open source, but 1st - it's hard to monetize, 2nd - your idea can be stolen by the more experienced team, which will develop a better project and all your work will be simply ruined.
YES, overall closed source is much better than open source. And this is not only because no one will steal your idea. Often the customers themselves make changes to the open source and only add work to the developers.

In general, companies don't sell open source software. Companies that provide open source software sell support and consulting.

Many companies develop, use, or contribute to open source software because there are many benefits to letting others contribute to code you use and there is often no benefit to keeping it secret. Netflix is a great example. Much (though certainly not all) of the software they develop is open source.

Something like that, but fin general I meant was that closed source is more secure and much harder to crack. I would even say that this is almost impossible to do. So I choose this option

"Almost impossible"? That statement is false.

Closed-source software is not more secure. It is frequently cracked. Keep in mind that even closed-source software is accessible, perhaps not in its original form, but certainly in a form that can be analyzed and exploited.

Open-source software is safer because unlike closed-source software, there are many people looking at its security.

On the contrary, I saw information that closed source code is safer. Just because of its closed nature, and even code fragments are not shared. Although, I do not really understand this, maybe you are right.
legendary
Activity: 4298
Merit: 3209
July 27, 2020, 12:45:47 PM
Sounds great! These words can also explain my opinion on a closed source code. It became so popular to run all the new apps with an open source, but 1st - it's hard to monetize, 2nd - your idea can be stolen by the more experienced team, which will develop a better project and all your work will be simply ruined.
YES, overall closed source is much better than open source. And this is not only because no one will steal your idea. Often the customers themselves make changes to the open source and only add work to the developers.

In general, companies don't sell open source software. Companies that provide open source software sell support and consulting.

Many companies develop, use, or contribute to open source software because there are many benefits to letting others contribute to code you use and there is often no benefit to keeping it secret. Netflix is a great example. Much (though certainly not all) of the software they develop is open source.

Something like that, but fin general I meant was that closed source is more secure and much harder to crack. I would even say that this is almost impossible to do. So I choose this option

"Almost impossible"? That statement is false.

Closed-source software is not more secure. It is frequently cracked. Keep in mind that even closed-source software is accessible, perhaps not in its original form, but certainly in a form that can be analyzed and exploited.

Open-source software is safer because unlike closed-source software, there are many people looking at its security.
July 27, 2020, 09:56:44 AM
July 20, 2020, 04:22:25 AM

July 16, 2020, 05:28:08 AM

July 13, 2020, 10:37:11 AM
Oh come on. Everyone understands the importance of privacy in the life of a modern Internet user. That is why it is so important to pay attention to truly worthy applications that guarantee this security.
copper member
Activity: 112
Merit: 0
July 08, 2020, 11:37:36 AM
July 08, 2020, 09:32:10 AM
I use the Tor browser...
Tor network is famous for its ability to hide user data, but sometimes opening several sites is very difficult with Tor network, especially sites that use Captcha.

You use only Tor and do everything there? What about all the google projects, social media? I felt in love with Utopia as it includes everything and looks as a secured Facebook for me. But with email, mining and browser also. I think it's the best way out now for those, who cares about privacy.
July 06, 2020, 11:02:04 AM
Well, I hope no one makes such mistakes! Because this is a pretty funny mistake. Grin

For some people it's okay. They will use the most secured network not even knowing what security is Smiley Many have no idea about data collection by big corporations and which money do they make on it. I prefer to keep my data safe, so happy to have such an app for that.
YES, that’s absolutely correct. After all, the name access to some kind of inbox, a hacker can bring a lot of problems to a simple us
Activity: 2044
Merit: 329
July 04, 2020, 08:36:56 AM
I also use vpn to hide my ip location, i use http injector and psiphon pro. I don't like exchange using kyc to verify account because giving your identity that easily can be use as identify theft.
I use the Tor browser...
Tor network is famous for its ability to hide user data, but sometimes opening several sites is very difficult with Tor network, especially sites that use Captcha.
Activity: 431
Merit: 108
July 04, 2020, 07:42:34 AM
I use Opera as a browser, as there is a build-in VPN. For my phone, I use VPN Proxy Master. It's not turned on all the time, but I know I can be tracked. So I have no photos with my personal data and also there is a webcam cover privacy protection on my laptop.
I also use vpn to hide my ip location, i use http injector and psiphon pro. I don't like exchange using kyc to verify account because giving your identity that easily can be use as identify theft.
Activity: 66
July 03, 2020, 10:30:46 AM
I use Opera as a browser, as there is a build-in VPN. For my phone, I use VPN Proxy Master. It's not turned on all the time, but I know I can be tracked. So I have no photos with my personal data and also there is a webcam cover privacy protection on my laptop.
July 02, 2020, 08:04:15 AM
Well, I hope no one makes such mistakes! Because this is a pretty funny mistake. Grin

For some people it's okay. They will use the most secured network not even knowing what security is Smiley Many have no idea about data collection by big corporations and which money do they make on it. I prefer to keep my data safe, so happy to have such an app for that.
Activity: 2
June 29, 2020, 12:09:54 PM
Security is number #1 in my books. I tend not to stray from well-known software nor do I bother filling in a form field or clicking around on web applications that seem less savory.

My three basic steps for security
- Keep all software up to date as well as your anti-virus! Even MS defenders is an okay choice if things are updated
- Never use the same credentials for all your accounts obvs
- Trust no one and for that matter no file either! Even websites that seem good may be a risk to data breaches leaking your information out.
- Is it worth giving away your information to a site you might only use once or twice Smiley
- Do research before anything!!

It's not much of a list and it's simple enough that my grandparents could follow so im hoping that someone might find this useful and if more people like it we can make a more in-depth version

Peace all
Pages:
Jump to: