Pages:
Author

Topic: Why privacy matters - page 17. (Read 3731 times)

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146
March 24, 2020, 03:17:05 PM
Ask the question to yourself, Is your privacy matters more than money making then stop using centralized exchanges.You can liquidate your funds on Dex but probably you get hit on the price due to less volume.
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368
March 24, 2020, 02:23:56 PM
Localbitcoins is a shit. Their politics now force all the users to upload the id documents. Even if you want to make a small deal for 20$ you have to upload the documents and prove it is you.

What concerns Telegram, it's been a long time I don't believe in it. So many data leaks and no one is gonna improve the  soft. If you give your phone number, be ready to be tracked.

Just remember one thing. Technically the docs aren't you. They are only docs. Even if a doc has your sig on it, you are signing it as controller of the doc. Most of the time the docs don't state that you have any obligation from signing. The obligation comes when you agree that you have an obligation of some sort.

Cool
legendary
March 24, 2020, 02:21:04 PM
Privacy matters so that they don't catch you when you are sneaking out of quarantine.

Grin
legendary
Activity: 4298
Merit: 3209
March 24, 2020, 02:08:54 PM
People who say they don’t care about privacy because they have got nothing to hide have not thought too deeply about these issues. What they are really saying is I do not care about this right.

When you say I don’t care about the right to privacy because I have nothing to hide, that is no different than saying I don’t care about freedom of speech because I have nothing to say or freedom of the press because I have nothing to write.

-- Edward Snowden
Activity: 2982
Merit: 678
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
March 23, 2020, 11:00:56 AM
Luckily Binance offers the no kyc/verification accounts and it still has a nice amount for daily limit. As if you are a heavy trader that can fill 2 BTC per day.

So let's share which apps do you use for browsing, messaging, emailing, etc.
Answers will be the usual apps that offers these services.
Activity: 588
Merit: 5
March 23, 2020, 10:10:16 AM
A few days ago I read an interesting article about an application that does not require any data at all. It seems to be called utopia p2p, but I have not heard anything about it. Maybe you know more about this application and can tell
Activity: 916
Merit: 1
March 23, 2020, 02:29:10 AM
Localbitcoins is a shit. Their politics now force all the users to upload the id documents. Even if you want to make a small deal for 20$ you have to upload the documents and prove it is you.

What concerns Telegram, it's been a long time I don't believe in it. So many data leaks and no one is gonna improve the  soft. If you give your phone number, be ready to be tracked.
Activity: 588
Merit: 5
March 17, 2020, 06:22:54 AM
Well, data security is important to me, but it's not that I'm really worried about it. Although, of course, in recent years there has been some huge number of hacker attacks on users. Especially, as I heard, TG users suffer. I don’t understand only one thing as users of the application, whose developers claim that it is completely anonymous, can I be attacked by hackers who also stole their personal information?

What applications can be used to be absolutely sure in your own safety?
legendary
March 15, 2020, 10:30:59 AM
This is why we use listing companies like Bitquick (https://www.bitquick.co/) or LocalBitcoins (https://localbitcoins.com/)... so that the exchanging is done in private, yet is protected by escrow from the listing company.

Cool
Activity: 50
Merit: 2
March 15, 2020, 10:14:46 AM
All centralized exchanges require you to complete KYC due to legal reason, to prevent money washing. It's ok if they only use our personal information for verifying and only provide our information to legal departments when they are required. But by some way, i many times see exchange user information are sell, it's such a big problem.
Activity: 916
Merit: 1
March 15, 2020, 08:12:48 AM
Dear bitcointalkers, does privacy matters for you? When I started to trade btc I was sure it will always remain anonymous, but nowadays more and more exchangers ask for some identification documents for some reason. I decided to check what happens with other spheres and found that article https://hackernoon.com/why-privacy-matters-and-how-to-stop-online-harassment-q174930dm

It's really important for me to be safe online due to the several reasons. As I make payments and run the business. I don't want anyone know all the information about me.

So let's share which apps do you use for browsing, messaging, emailing, etc. Maybe you can also offer good VPN (I don't really believe them, but anyway)

Let's help each other to save our personal information.
Pages:
Jump to: