Pages:
Author

Topic: Why privacy matters - page 14. (Read 3731 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 5
June 29, 2020, 09:23:08 AM
Well, as far as I know, the exchange of money inside the Utopia p2p application occurs absolutely anonymously, also at a very favorable rate.

Sure as you don't fill in any personal info during the registration. And as its a separate network, you simply can't be found anyhow, even by ip or something. The only way to lose your anonymity there is to type all your data in a public channel Smiley

Well, I hope no one makes such mistakes! Because this is a pretty funny mistake. Grin
Activity: 916
Merit: 1
June 24, 2020, 11:19:13 AM
Well, as far as I know, the exchange of money inside the Utopia p2p application occurs absolutely anonymously, also at a very favorable rate.

Sure as you don't fill in any personal info during the registration. And as its a separate network, you simply can't be found anyhow, even by ip or something. The only way to lose your anonymity there is to type all your data in a public channel Smiley
June 22, 2020, 10:57:04 AM
copper member
Activity: 98
Merit: 4
June 18, 2020, 01:17:32 PM
Dear bitcointalkers, does privacy matters for you? When I started to trade btc I was sure it will always remain anonymous, but nowadays more and more exchangers ask for some identification documents for some reason. I decided to check what happens with other spheres and found that article https://hackernoon.com/why-privacy-matters-and-how-to-stop-online-harassment-q174930dm

It's really important for me to be safe online due to the several reasons. As I make payments and run the business. I don't want anyone know all the information about me.

So let's share which apps do you use for browsing, messaging, emailing, etc. Maybe you can also offer good VPN (I don't really believe them, but anyway)

Let's help each other to save our personal information.

I would generally tend to agree, in principle.

All centralized exchanges require you to complete KYC due to legal reason, to prevent money washing. It's ok if they only use our personal information for verifying and only provide our information to legal departments when they are required. But by some way, i many times see exchange user information are sell, it's such a big problem.

And you've got a valid point also re: the need to provide and pass KYC requirements. But still, the possible abuse of our information is what the OP is basically concerned with, is totally understandable under the circumstances mentioned.
June 18, 2020, 09:37:08 AM

Everyone of us needs some privacy at some part of our lives specially when getting old. From life issues and specially online transactions, we need a privacy given the situation now in the online world

So have you checked Utopia p2p? It seems to be the most secured now. And I've read that more than 100 000 active users are participating there. It's not very useful to run a business there as all your customers should have to install the soft. But it's quite nice as a new social media.
copper member
Activity: 252
Merit: 6
June 16, 2020, 07:46:10 AM
Dear bitcointalkers, does privacy matters for you? When I started to trade btc I was sure it will always remain anonymous, but nowadays more and more exchangers ask for some identification documents for some reason. I decided to check what happens with other spheres and found that article https://hackernoon.com/why-privacy-matters-and-how-to-stop-online-harassment-q174930dm

It's really important for me to be safe online due to the several reasons. As I make payments and run the business. I don't want anyone know all the information about me.

So let's share which apps do you use for browsing, messaging, emailing, etc. Maybe you can also offer good VPN (I don't really believe them, but anyway)

Let's help each other to save our personal information.

Everyone of us needs some privacy at some part of our lives specially when getting old. From life issues and specially online transactions, we need a privacy given the situation now in the online world
June 15, 2020, 05:27:26 AM
The problem was in my PC, you're right .. now everything works fine, I communicate with other users, I have mining enabled and this does not affect the speed of work

Is there any possibilities for withdrawal? As I didn't see the coin on the market even now. And as I know, the app is working for 6 months already, or even more.. So it's interesting what do developers think about.
Well, in general, I found information on the forums that there are special chats where you can find users who can exchange crypto. But to be honest, I haven’t been looking for anything yet ... I want to save up a little

On the whole, before you hold, you have to get sure you could withdraw it. In other case it loses any sense. So I think I'll spent some time browsing channels in order to find the exchangers and ask for reviews of those who already used their service. Thanks for the info.

You're right we'd like to require an honest check out the location before exchanging. Hackers can easily gain access to everything if privacy isn't a really important issue when it involves working in crypto this is often why users should benefit research before saving.

Well, yes, as far as I know, this project was created by developers for a very long time and was tested for quite some time, so I can say that this is not very similar to the search for investors.
June 12, 2020, 08:52:49 AM
all forms of self-identity are of course very important. and dangerous if someone is misusing data for negative actions.
Yes, it seems to me that this indicates the imminent appearance of a mobile application. Probably, the developers have already debugged the application, and decided to withdraw the coin on crypto-exchanges. Waiting for updates.

I didn't thought about it from that side. Maybe you're right and it's one more step to the mobile application. But on the other hand, imagine, how much do they have to pay in order to add the coin on several trading platforms and exchanges.. So maybe you're mistaken..

In that way,they can prove about their legitimacy,spending money to be added in legit platform is one way attracting investors and users.
[/quote]

If you hadn't seen, it was already added to a trading platform officially. And the second thing is that no investors are needed there. As the soft is absolutely self-financed, no one is needed to make it alive. It will live on its own, until it will have active users. And even now it's already more than 100k of them.
Activity: 2618
Merit: 439
June 09, 2020, 01:32:53 AM
Oh, I don’t know about this, but I found out that they had their own fan site https://utopia.fans/ , maybe there users know more about further plans for the development of the application. I am more than sure that the creator of the site will definitely be the biggest fan of the application.

Fan site?lol is this how they really serious in this matter?

all forms of self-identity are of course very important. and dangerous if someone is misusing data for negative actions.
Yes, it seems to me that this indicates the imminent appearance of a mobile application. Probably, the developers have already debugged the application, and decided to withdraw the coin on crypto-exchanges. Waiting for updates.

I didn't thought about it from that side. Maybe you're right and it's one more step to the mobile application. But on the other hand, imagine, how much do they have to pay in order to add the coin on several trading platforms and exchanges.. So maybe you're mistaken..

In that way,they can prove about their legitimacy,spending money to be added in legit platform is one way attracting investors and users.
Activity: 179
Merit: 16
June 08, 2020, 05:43:34 PM
This is why we use listing companies like Bitquick (https://www.bitquick.co/) or LocalBitcoins (https://localbitcoins.com/)... so that the exchanging is done in private, yet is protected by escrow from the listing company.

Cool

https://www.virieproject.com/ lets you actually buy and sell goods and services in private with a built-in escrow system.  Wink
June 08, 2020, 08:44:27 AM
Oh, I don’t know about this, but I found out that they had their own fan site https://utopia.fans/ , maybe there users know more about further plans for the development of the application. I am more than sure that the creator of the site will definitely be the biggest fan of the application.
June 07, 2020, 10:22:20 AM

Activity: 2618
Merit: 439
June 01, 2020, 08:53:51 AM
Privacy matters is the reason why we are anonymous here. It is also the reason behind cryptocurrency and blockchain. I think all pf us here wants anonymity because we need to secure ourselves from our hold assets.
thats why we are here because of privacy because if not then we should stay in bankings.

we also wanted our personality be safe for the attacjs since there are so many online cases now that involves crypto or other electronic currencies.
June 01, 2020, 08:14:55 AM
Activity: 518
May 28, 2020, 07:30:48 PM
May 27, 2020, 11:25:03 AM

Oh, cool. Thank you so much! I will try to look for this guy. By the way, maybe you know something about the release of the mobile application? that would be very cool

Mobile app seems to be in a development mode. But I have another good news for you. Its coin Crypton was announced on a trading platform https://www.qbtc.me/trade?symbol=CRP_USDT which gives more proofs it's not a scam. For me it's very pleasing to use messenger and mine some coins while it's running. Agree?
Activity: 137
Merit: 0
May 25, 2020, 04:49:10 AM
Privacy matters is the reason why we are anonymous here. It is also the reason behind cryptocurrency and blockchain. I think all pf us here wants anonymity because we need to secure ourselves from our hold assets.
May 25, 2020, 04:38:50 AM
Well, what I've found is enough, I guess. There are lots of guys who're ready to help you with a withdrawal. Chinese, Russian, American, etc. All of them can be found in a related channels. They mostly exchange the CRP to PM, but crypto ones can be also found. So it's quite easy. Moreover, there's a guy called Merchant, which is the most trustful.
Oh, cool. Thank you so much! I will try to look for this guy. By the way, maybe you know something about the release of the mobile application? that would be very cool
Activity: 141
Merit: 100
May 24, 2020, 09:24:49 AM
Privacy matters because the history shows that personal information could be abused by "hackers" or by authorities during paradigm shifts.

Everyone who is interested in privacy has to do some trade offs because increasing privacy means more work to do.

What I'm (not) doing:
  • I don't use Facebook or any other social platform with mandatory real names. But I don't care about privacy when doing company related things.
  • I use a VPN for private surfing but I don't use a VPN for anything which is linked with my real identity like banking.
  • The whole computer is encrypted including every backup drive. But some USB devices aren't because some devices like TVs can't read it.
  • I prefer cable over wireless in my house. But wireless is still enabled, because cable is very annoying when using mobile devices in the bed. To prevent taking over the whole network in the case of an attack, the wireless network has a own vLAN.
  • My door is surveilled with a Raspberry but I don't care about the windows because you would need pretty good climbing experiences.

I don't need 100% security, I'm caring about privacy while doing only a fair amount of efforts.

It's not hard to spy on me but it's hard to get any crucial out of me.
May 24, 2020, 08:48:39 AM
Well, what I've found is enough, I guess. There are lots of guys who're ready to help you with a withdrawal. Chinese, Russian, American, etc. All of them can be found in a related channels. They mostly exchange the CRP to PM, but crypto ones can be also found. So it's quite easy. Moreover, there's a guy called Merchant, which is the most trustful.
Pages:
Jump to: