Pages:
Author

Topic: Why privacy matters - page 8. (Read 3731 times)

Activity: 43
Merit: 10
March 03, 2021, 07:48:06 AM
I use the operating system Tails and the Tor browser, that's all I can do Roll Eyes
Activity: 916
Merit: 1
March 03, 2021, 07:04:52 AM
By the way, have you tried a built-in exchange? Or you don't mine. I'm interested in how fast it proceeds and where can I get USDT. On any wallet I have? And is there any commission for the transfer?
Activity: 588
Merit: 5
March 02, 2021, 08:10:21 AM
YES, I absolutely agree with you! However, I think that developing a mobile app is a little more difficult than building a website, for example. Therefore, I think that the development of the application is proceeding as quickly as possible in order to reduce the number of possible bugs.
March 01, 2021, 12:57:55 AM
Many updates is good, but what about a mobile application? Now when everyone are looking what to choose instead of WhatsApp - they could hype on that if they'd release mobile version now. But seems like nothing was made till now and probably it won't be released even in 2021.. Maybe they've decided to stop on what they already have?
February 21, 2021, 07:12:43 AM
A few days ago I read an interesting article about an application that does not require any data at all. It seems to be called utopia p2p, but I have not heard anything about it. Maybe you know more about this application and can tell
what application is this? Sounds fascinating tho...
Oh, we have been discussing this application here for a long time. Frankly speaking , for a non-profit and self-funded system, they released a lot of updates over the last year. In general, you can find out more here https://utopia-ecosystem.com/
Activity: 1498
Merit: 146
February 20, 2021, 12:34:17 PM
A few days ago I read an interesting article about an application that does not require any data at all. It seems to be called utopia p2p, but I have not heard anything about it. Maybe you know more about this application and can tell
If you are looking for a non KYC crypto p2p then Localcryptos is the best option for you, don't trust the random websites which arise at the time of bull run.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
February 19, 2021, 07:04:46 AM
February 18, 2021, 02:57:42 PM
Look, having your own exchange doesn't give any profit to you. As adding your coin to popular exchanges won't happen if you'll only pay for it. Every exchange checks if your coin will be profitable to them as they have a percent from each exchange. And if it's a bulls**t - no one will add it. If it was listed - it was trusted.
February 16, 2021, 07:36:55 AM
For a self-funded project, it is really unprofitable to invest in advertising or placing coins on third-party sites. However, I think that the developers ' decision was justified, slowly but surely they will develop their coin.
February 15, 2021, 12:46:05 PM
Do you really think that exchanges and trading platforms choose and decide on coins by themselves and contact the owner? Ofc not. The Utopia devs have to pay to each platform in order to get listed. That's why they've created their own exchange also. As they know they don't have enough money to get listed on top websites.
February 09, 2021, 04:45:07 AM
Cool! Also, I find that CRP was added to another cryptocurrency exchange https://cryptex.net/trade/CRPUSD . The number of sites that trust this coin is growing, and developers are devoting time to development not only inside but also outside of the software
February 06, 2021, 03:16:35 PM
Nice to hear that. Moreover a secured file storage had appeared in Utopia. You can upload anything you want from there absolutely free and anonymous. The only thing is that in order to make that thing completely safe, it can be accessed through the Idyll browser only.
January 29, 2021, 08:57:46 AM
By the way, exchange platform was added to a usual web already. So anyone who's interested can check all the information by the next address https://crp.is/ It's a smart step, I guess as people could check everything and then decide whether they're interested. If yes - download the soft and start mining, if not - then not Smiley
Activity: 22
January 28, 2021, 10:09:10 PM
Privacy is a kind of personal information that has nothing to do with public interest and group interest, and the party does not want others to know or it is inconvenient for others to know.
January 28, 2021, 10:31:54 AM
Everyone has some expectation of privacy. We don't want to indiscriminately share every single aspect of our lives with everyone else.
But as we move more of activities online, there is an ever increasing portion of our lives which is being recorded by corporations and governments, and these records can be used to our disadvantage, at any time, now or any-time in the future. Essentially, we're now in an information arms race. But unlike other historical analogies that might be cited, the scale of our storage and processing capabilities are immense and extremely powerful, and that changes the game.
January 28, 2021, 04:23:16 AM
Fully agree. Even Telegram and Signal both require a mobile number for registration.. But people trust it because of its popularity, that's strange for me. Isn't it better to choose something really safe as I think they'll made the same step as WhatsApp did sooner or later.. If Utopia would have a mobile app already, it would be in the list of main alternatives, I'm 100% sure.
January 25, 2021, 09:55:10 AM
Well, especially considering the latest WhatsApp scandal, a lot of attention has been paid to other apps. Therefore, I can say that most of the popular applications are generally far from the concept of security.
January 24, 2021, 12:54:23 PM
Privacy is foundational to who we are as human beings, and every day it helps us define our relationships with the outside world. It gives us space to be ourselves free of judgement, and allows us to think freely without discrimination. It gives us the freedom of autonomy, and to live in dignity.

So where do you find that privacy? Especially during the latest scandals with WhatsApp. People for some reason decided to switch to Signal and Telegram both of which require a mobile number. It's a disaster for me when I have to add my phone number. So Utopia remains one of the best for me now.
January 18, 2021, 12:52:07 PM
Privacy is foundational to who we are as human beings, and every day it helps us define our relationships with the outside world. It gives us space to be ourselves free of judgement, and allows us to think freely without discrimination. It gives us the freedom of autonomy, and to live in dignity.
January 18, 2021, 07:59:12 AM
YES, but the use of Tor can also threaten the loss of personal data or the installation of malware. Therefore, many people prefer to use alternative applications.
Pages:
Jump to: