Pages:
Author

Topic: Wilder vs. Fury II: The Rematch is On - page 14. (Read 2558 times)

Activity: 2660
Merit: 651
Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me
January 21, 2020, 07:51:13 PM
Well, Fury was down 2 times in the last fight if I count it correctly but he was able to get up and fight as nothing happens,, therefore I would say that he can take the punch of Fury, but it that knock down happens in the early round, it could be different.
Wilder was not even able to connect the punch for most of the entire fight until he connected one in the final bouts and Fury went down and he is the first fighter that got up from a Wilder punch and then went on to win the rest of the rounds. Tyson Fury now predicts that he is going to knock out Wilder but i am sure Fury knows that it is impossible for him to win a decision in the US.

Fury is strong, but he got careless because he got knock down in the fight, he should avoid that in order for him to win.
He has the advantage on the height and the reach I guess, so he needs to just calm down, stick around and just continue to the scoring, without a knock down by Wilder
If that be the issue, then Fury have to left aside all his fighting entertainment skills (taunting and showboating) and focus more on his opponent just like the Clash of the dunes which some people criticized not be fascinating or else Wilder will knock him down more than he expect.

in fight number 1, Fury could have won the fight easily, probably a UD.
Dont have a clue of what you mean by UD.
Activity: 3164
Merit: 660
Live with peace and enjoy life!
January 21, 2020, 06:46:06 PM
Well, Fury was down 2 times in the last fight if I count it correctly but he was able to get up and fight as nothing happens,, therefore I would say that he can take the punch of Fury, but it that knock down happens in the early round, it could be different.
Wilder was not even able to connect the punch for most of the entire fight until he connected one in the final bouts and Fury went down and he is the first fighter that got up from a Wilder punch and then went on to win the rest of the rounds. Tyson Fury now predicts that he is going to knock out Wilder but i am sure Fury knows that it is impossible for him to win a decision in the US.

Fury is strong, but he got careless because he got knock down in the fight, he should avoid that in order for him to win.
He has the advantage on the height and the reach I guess, so he needs to just calm down, stick around and just continue to the scoring, without a knock down by Wilder in fight number 1, Fury could have won the fight easily, probably a UD.
January 21, 2020, 04:26:53 PM
I will agree with you on this one if their last fight don't end in a controversial way and with all the statement made by Fury on Instagram challenging Wilder calling him a room trainer,
Tyson Fury is known to crack jokes and that is the way he is normally and there is no doubt that the first fight was controversial because if you make the rounds then it is clear that Tyson Fury won majority of the rounds but Wilder had a few good moments in the entire fight and even after getting knocked out Fury was landing punches till the final bell.
This is one of the reasons why their previous fight was controversial because Wilder worth to be winning the fight due to the punches he landed on Fury's body but the upcoming fight will clear all the doubt though.

i dont think the previous fight should be use to judge Wilder action in the upcoming fight.
Both the fighters now have a clear understanding about the opponent and so it is really interesting on how they are going to game plan this fight, will Wilder wait till the last moment to land the knockout punch or Fury will avoid that.
You're right cause i also believe both fighters have somehow understand each either but i dont think Wilder will wait till the last moment before he unleash his knockout punch.
Activity: 2002
Merit: 535
January 20, 2020, 03:18:04 PM
I will agree with you on this one if their last fight dont end in a controversial way and with all the statement made by Fury on Instagram challenging Wilder calling him a room trainer,
Tyson Fury is known to crack jokes and that is the way he is normally and there is no doubt that the first fight was controversial because if you take the rounds then it is clear that Tyson Fury won majority of the rounds but Wilder had a few good moments in the entire fight and even after getting knocked out Fury was landing punches till the final bell.

i dont think the previous fight should be use to judge Wilder action in the upcoming fight.
Both the fighters now have a clear understanding about the opponent and so it is really interesting on how they are going to game plan this fight, will Wilder wait till the last moment to land the knockout punch or Fury will avoid that.
January 20, 2020, 02:37:41 PM
Either of both fighters deserve a win after this match. It seems Fury can win this fight if he is not caught with a straight that would put him to sleep on the canvas.

Fury could take the punch of Wilder you mean? Yes, I agree. Wilder is a strong puncher but not a volume puncher. He lacks the follow up to put Fury down once again very quickly right after the previous one. Because of that, Fury could have enough time to recover.
I will agree with you on this one if their last fight dont end in a controversial way and with all the statement made by Fury on Instagram challenging Wilder calling him a room trainer, i dont think the previous fight should be use to judge Wilder action in the upcoming fight.

Wilder has the punch but if that punch won't put an end to the fight, Fury can still earn point after point and make winning rounds. I just wish Fury would leave away the nonsense taunting and showboating inside the ring. They are unnecessary.
That's his style, and that's what makes him gain the support of the fans, though he is taunting but his action speaks as well.

I guess this second match is going to be a little different. He cannot be as relaxed as before.
I Fundamental Fury need to keep his taunting cause there's no need for that cause he need to focus most on the fight and hos opponet strategy which is also what Anthony did to regain his belt.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 366
January 19, 2020, 11:09:49 PM
Either of both fighters deserve a win after this match. It seems Fury can win this fight if he is not caught with a straight that would put him to sleep on the canvas.

Fury could take the punch of Wilder you mean? Yes, I agree. Wilder is a strong puncher but not a volume puncher. He lacks the follow up to put Fury down once again very quickly right after the previous one. Because of that, Fury could have enough time to recover.

Wilder has the punch but if that punch won't put an end to the fight, Fury can still earn point after point and make winning rounds. I just wish Fury would leave away the nonsense taunting and showboating inside the ring. They are unnecessary.
That's his style, and that's what makes him gain the support of the fans, though he is taunting but his action speaks as well.

I guess this second match is going to be a little different. He cannot be as relaxed as before.
January 19, 2020, 03:34:04 PM
Wilder was not even able to connect the punch for most of the entire fight until he connected one in the final bouts and Fury went down and he is the first fighter that got up from a Wilder punch
Deontay Wilder does not need to connect every punch and throughout his career his fighting strategy is simple all he needs is to have the patience and wait for the opportunity to land his knockout punch and once it is connected they are going down and Tyson Fury is the only fighter that got up after getting connected with a Deontay Wilder knockout punch and so is the reason the rematch is interesting.
Activity: 2632
Merit: 833
January 19, 2020, 03:28:48 PM
Find out recently, that Fury had changed his coach. As I understood, he expects, that new coach will teach him how to KO Wilder (as he said, he could have done it in first fight, but don't have enough strength to do it)
The knockout power is something that cannot be coached, either you got the power or you do not and Wilder is the scariest knockout fighter i have seen considering the size and weight in the heavyweight division in a long time and Tyson Fury is all about technical. I saw the press conference but it was a bit boring.

Well if you have a great coach + God given talents then that is one potent combination.

And if everything is presents itself to you, even a non knock out puncher can literally smash someone and knock them cold. But I would agree that Fury shouldn't look for the knock out here, I mean he is a technical boxer, he should use it because it was really effective against Fury in their first fight. But as I have said, he was caught in the last round, but miraculously was able to get up finished the fight. He had tasted Fury's power, he just need to adjust again in order to win in their rematch.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 505
January 19, 2020, 01:35:34 PM

January 19, 2020, 02:28:18 AM

January 19, 2020, 12:08:17 AM
And now that this fight is already set in stone, we will be seeing a nice showdown of great fighters this early in the year. I will not be predicting at this stage. I am torn 50:50 on both fighters. Both are obviously capable enough to defeat each other. Wilder is a strong one-puncher, as proven in their last battle, but we also saw how Fury proved that he is man enough to withstand it and make a draw.
This will be as good as the fight one, or even better, if the fight out turns out a draw, probably we will see a winner here as for sure Fury will adjust and he will make sure he will not be rob again, while Wilder is looking for a one time kO.

My idea is that this is going to be much better than the previous one. There is already increasing bad blood between the two in this match compared to their first match. Words are getting sharper and harsher. This will probably end up in a KO. There is more excitement and the anticipation is higher in this second fight.

It is indeed higher but if anyone of them will be more careful is Fury he was down twice in the fight, Wilder can score a big knock out here if he can land big punches in the early round, the big problem is Fury is such a good technical boxer, his hands are very fast and can always land, anyone who wins the match will have a megabuck fight against Joshua.

Either of both fighters deserve a win after this match. It seems Fury can win this fight if he is not caught with a straight that would put him to sleep on the canvas. Wilder has the punch but if that punch won't put an end to the fight, Fury can still earn point after point and make winning rounds. I just wish Fury would leave away the nonsense taunting and showboating inside the ring. They are unnecessary.
legendary
Activity: 2394
Merit: 1476
January 18, 2020, 05:30:14 PM
The knockout power is something that cannot be coached, either you got the power or you do not

Really? The knockout power is just a kinetic energy. But in fact, it is more about technique (that can be taught or improved), than just energy Smiley
Activity: 1302
Merit: 532
January 18, 2020, 12:53:21 PM
Find out recently, that Fury had changed his coach. As I understood, he expects, that new coach will teach him how to KO Wilder (as he said, he could have done it in first fight, but don't have enough strength to do it)
The knockout power is something that cannot be coached, either you got the power or you do not and Wilder is the scariest knockout fighter i have seen considering the size and weight in the heavyweight division in a long time and Tyson Fury is all about technical. I saw the press conference but it was a bit boring.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023
January 18, 2020, 12:49:42 PM
So let's see if he can do it he is more focus on this fight than ever. I doubt it though, but who knows, when the knock out presented itself, I'm sure Fury (or any other boxers) will go for it.
It shows that Tyson Fury is really confident in his rematch as he might be thinking that if it goes to the judge the possibility of getting a decision in favor of Fury is really slim as we saw in the last fight but it is a huge task as Tyson Fury is not known as a knockout fighter but an accumulation guy. The fight is really interesting because of the hype and the contest is really interesting and Fury and Wilder will improve and up their performance in the rematch.
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047
January 18, 2020, 12:31:55 PM
And now that this fight is already set in stone, we will be seeing a nice showdown of great fighters this early in the year. I will not be predicting at this stage. I am torn 50:50 on both fighters. Both are obviously capable enough to defeat each other. Wilder is a strong one-puncher, as proven in their last battle, but we also saw how Fury proved that he is man enough to withstand it and make a draw.
This will be as good as the fight one, or even better, if the fight out turns out a draw, probably we will see a winner here as for sure Fury will adjust and he will make sure he will not be rob again, while Wilder is looking for a one time kO.

My idea is that this is going to be much better than the previous one. There is already increasing bad blood between the two in this match compared to their first match. Words are getting sharper and harsher. This will probably end up in a KO. There is more excitement and the anticipation is higher in this second fight.

It is indeed higher but if anyone of them will be more careful is Fury he was down twice in the fight, Wilder can score a big knock out here if he can land big punches in the early round, the big problem is Fury is such a good technical boxer, his hands are very fast and can always land, anyone who wins the match will have a megabuck fight against Joshua.
Activity: 2128
Merit: 520
January 18, 2020, 12:03:29 PM

More aggressive from both ends One boxer will prove that he deserve the win and the other one will do everything to prove also that he should have the title. It's more exciting as for sure we will see more  adjustments and the aimed for both fighters to win with a KO proving that the  win is more sweeter once you give the big punch out.
January 18, 2020, 07:03:40 AM

January 18, 2020, 06:32:33 AM

And this is what Fury says,

"If I Don't Knock Wilder Out, It Doesn't Count!"

“I’m really eliminating all of the outside distractions this time. I eat, sleep, train and repeat. I’m eating five-to-six meals a day. I’m drinking many liters of water a day. I don’t really do anything else. I don’t go out. I don’t see people. I don’t speak to anyone on the phone. I don’t do emails. I don’t search Google,” said Fury.

“This is the first training camp in 10 years that I haven’t had a Diet Coke. This is the first training camp where I’m literally going to bed early every night at 9:30 p.m. I wake up every morning at 7 a.m. fresh as a daisy. I literally live in training camp like a Spartan and Trojan warrior, and that’s it. I don’t really know if any of that even matters on the night. It didn’t matter before. But if it’s willing to give me an edge on the night of the fight, than I’m willing to try it. Why not? What will happen on Feb. 22 is all in the hands of the gods.

https://www.boxingscene.com/tyson-fury-if-i-knock-wilder-out-it-count--145980

So let's see if he can do it he is more focus on this fight than ever. I doubt it though, but who knows, when the knock out presented itself, I'm sure Fury (or any other boxers) will go for it.

Fury looking for KO is a bad idea, he just have to stay with his jab as its where he is more effected because if he will go aggressive trying to KO Wilder, he might get hit by a good counter and we know the strength of Wilder, he is capable of knocking an opponent with one punch only.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655
January 18, 2020, 06:10:22 AM

And this is what Fury says,

"If I Don't Knock Wilder Out, It Doesn't Count!"

“I’m really eliminating all of the outside distractions this time. I eat, sleep, train and repeat. I’m eating five-to-six meals a day. I’m drinking many liters of water a day. I don’t really do anything else. I don’t go out. I don’t see people. I don’t speak to anyone on the phone. I don’t do emails. I don’t search Google,” said Fury.

“This is the first training camp in 10 years that I haven’t had a Diet Coke. This is the first training camp where I’m literally going to bed early every night at 9:30 p.m. I wake up every morning at 7 a.m. fresh as a daisy. I literally live in training camp like a Spartan and Trojan warrior, and that’s it. I don’t really know if any of that even matters on the night. It didn’t matter before. But if it’s willing to give me an edge on the night of the fight, than I’m willing to try it. Why not? What will happen on Feb. 22 is all in the hands of the gods.

https://www.boxingscene.com/tyson-fury-if-i-knock-wilder-out-it-count--145980

January 17, 2020, 12:09:14 PM
The numerous knockouts of Wilder proving that he is ruling the heavyweight world in boxing. If the rematch is on, my chicken will be Wilder; I'll bet on his side because there is a high chance that the history will repeat itself. It is obvious that wilder has a lot of odds in terms of skill and power. They are both arrogant but the important thing is only one of them who can become champion again.
In a long time the heavyweight boxing is interesting again because of exciting characters and fighters who can attract the audience with their personality and fighting skills and it was lacking i boxing for a long time, there is no doubt about the power of Wilder and if he is able to land that punch he is able to drop any fighter and how long the opponent is able to avoid that is the interesting fact in his fights.

I don't think AJ can survive all 12 rounds with him.
If AJ makes his mind to fight Wilder then i am going to make a bet for knockout win for Wilder within 8 rounds  Cheesy.
Pages:
Jump to: