Pages:
Author

Topic: Will Altcoin be as important as Bitcoin? - page 3. (Read 3835 times)

Activity: 151
Merit: 2
November 21, 2018, 05:12:35 AM
It is very unlikely, bitcoin has a very strong position and limit mining only increases its value, I don't think it will yield the first place to some other cryptocurrency.
Activity: 584
Merit: 250
November 21, 2018, 05:06:47 AM
Now everything is connected with each other. Of course, you have to try very hard to make one coin affect the whole market, but it is possible to imagine.
Activity: 798
Merit: 10
November 19, 2018, 08:21:56 PM
In any ecosystem, be it in nature or business, there is always a competition. And most often than not, the best always rises to the top. And here in our crypto ecosystem, a competition do also exist. Between Bitcoin and Altcoin. We all very well known that bitcoin, being the first and most proven cryptocurrency already took the center stage in crypto market. Now that altcoins came into the picture, where does it really stands? What will be the selling point of altcoin that will eventually led the bitcoin enthusiasts to finally switch places?

Altcoin have important part in cryptocurrency market. We already saw ethereum with the smart contract or others with their project. Altcoin will decrease bitcoin domination in cryptomarket and market will more healthy with altcoin because investor have many option to choose when they start to invest in cryptomarket
Activity: 100
Merit: 1
November 19, 2018, 07:17:31 PM
i never ever say that sometimes any of coin is goign to beat the bitcoin because it is the boss but also altcoins are very good and good potenatial  even though it is not going to beat..
copper member
Activity: 308
Merit: 1
November 19, 2018, 06:56:57 PM
Not sure if any crypto will ever match with bitcoin in terms of what crypto stands for. It is already known that bitcoin was the first and have already assumed the kingship, it would be very difficult to build a match
Activity: 574
Merit: 11
November 19, 2018, 06:17:37 PM
Yes if Bitcoin will not be updated. But many updated can be implemented only throuhg hardfork. So what will be common in new Bitcoin after several fundamental hardforks? It seems to be only name.
Activity: 434
November 19, 2018, 05:29:39 PM
I think it is possible altcoin like ethereum have become an important coin in the crypto space and I think in the near future more altcoin will be more important too, the importance starts when the coin utility increases.
I totally agree. Who was the first won't matter if people see the utility of the coin and how easy it has become to pay for things and go about your business with altcoins!
Activity: 1022
Merit: 535
November 18, 2018, 02:48:30 PM
altcoins are as important as bitcoin. because there are many good altcoin projects that provide better alternative blockchain solutions. a faster and better blockchains like neo and ethereum.
Activity: 798
Merit: 14
November 18, 2018, 02:20:45 PM
Altcoins can't be as important as Bitcoin. Bitcoin has been around for years before Alts not just this, Bitcoin is a store of value and as such no altcoin has or will ever attain that height. Bitcoin will always lead the way and Alts will follow.
Activity: 180
Merit: 0
November 18, 2018, 02:18:57 PM
No never
Activity: 504
ONe Social Network.
November 18, 2018, 02:18:23 PM
I believe that one does not have to replace the other, at the end of the day the alts are simply different types of coins with different objectives, many times the best coins have other projects in addition to serving as transaction currency or investment, many serve as development platforms for example, which bitcoin has nothing to do with.
Activity: 98
Merit: 2
November 18, 2018, 02:14:09 PM
New things come with the time and has updated and modified version and make there place in market so it is possible that alt will become important in future but my personal opinion is that Bitcoin know as the father of crypto coins and all are directly evaluate with Bitcoin and Bitcoin is also updating along with time and it has it own importance so it will be very difficult for any alt coins to become like  Bitcoin.
Activity: 533
November 18, 2018, 12:54:41 PM
I'm asking you, what would you mean "important" about bitcoin, as far as i know that bitcoin isn't widely accepted as the mean of payment for transaction. perhaps its just several places that accept it as tool of transaction. We mostly used bitcoin as a mean of investment in the crytpocurrency world.

Probably, the guy means popularity. He worries if altcoins can become as popular as BTC. I suppose, some of them will do it. Take, for instance, Ethereum - it is loved by many people and has many fans.

At the very uptrend of the end of 2017, many predicted that XRP or ETH would infiltrate Bitcoin. And yes, there are times when ETH's market cap is very close to BTC. However, virtually all coffin altcoin can do that. But not altcoin is small compared to Bitcoin, which suggests that atlcoin is a counterweight to Bitcoin.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 254
United Crowd
November 18, 2018, 12:54:26 PM
Bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency, its cost and capitalization are due to the trust of a large number of people and the innovative blockchain technology. But at this moment there are a lot of altcoins, which have an improved program code and can offer the community new convenient features. Altcoins such as ETH and XRP are already winning their target audience and I think they may soon be competing for BTC in their segment.

that's true but until now if I see eth and xrp still follow bitcoin where to go
I hope that in the future there will certainly be altcoins that can grow without having to see the condition of the bitcoin prices on the market
Activity: 1106
Merit: 310
November 18, 2018, 12:27:55 PM
altcoins are important as well but , unless they declare what kind of token are they,
it will be not necessary  they will do significant things in the blockchain,
knowing what will it do and what will it bring to the table is the very important thing
they should be doing and present to the public and the technology that will help us grow as a whole
Activity: 714
November 18, 2018, 12:25:06 PM
Bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency, its cost and capitalization are due to the trust of a large number of people and the innovative blockchain technology. But at this moment there are a lot of altcoins, which have an improved program code and can offer the community new convenient features. Altcoins such as ETH and XRP are already winning their target audience and I think they may soon be competing for BTC in their segment.
Activity: 490
Merit: 100
November 18, 2018, 12:14:24 PM
Everything must be taken into account here, because there are situations when investing in BTC is simply not enough, because we all understand that the market today is very weak, but here you can invest in altcoins because they will have the strongest growth in the future.
Activity: 420
Merit: 14
November 18, 2018, 12:11:32 PM
 For my own observation,altcoin cannot scared bitcoin because altcoin is  token but bitcoin is coins but if will be happened what should be the problem is still can trade with it..the problem of the new token is long time will be post in exchanger
No, Altcoins are all types of cryptocurrencies except Bitcoin. That is all the coins and tokens that exist today, with the exception of Bitcoin. Bitcoin is only one coin, although it is the first and main one, and today it is developing very poorly and improving. Many cryptocurrencies are already far ahead of Bitcoin in their development and therefore, in this respect, they pose a threat to Bitcoin. However, this is the law of the market. The whole cryptocurrency must be competitive, otherwise it will leave the market.
Activity: 812
Merit: 310
November 18, 2018, 12:10:34 PM
For me both are important, and both are inseparable. Both altcoin and bitcoin give each other interactions that will affect each other. On this occasion, I think I should have and collect as many of the two types of coins as possible. The potential for income is large enough to generate profits. Investment in bitcoin and altcoin is one land that can be used as a long-term investment.
Activity: 490
November 18, 2018, 11:52:49 AM
Altcoins will be important as Bitcoin, but they will unsuccessful as Bitcoin. Because Bitcoin was the first cryptocurrency and Altcoins is too young to be as successful as Bitcoin.
I think in the long term, 10 years from now, altcoins will be as successful and as important, where it won't matter who was the first, but the only thing that will matter is whose product is the most beneficial for humanity.
Pages:
Jump to: