Pages:
Author

Topic: Will banks ever offer bitcoin deposits? - page 8. (Read 6362 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 11
August 25, 2018, 11:45:26 PM
i think deposit bitcoin can be made if your country accepting bitcoin cause some country highly ban bitcoin and other cryptocurrency. so if your country receives bitcoin maybe in the future there will be a bank that will receive a bitcoin deposit.
copper member
Activity: 364
Merit: 0
August 25, 2018, 11:38:16 PM
We all know how risky bitcoin is. Let's imagine the most riskiest money deposit situation.
What do you think guys, will this moment ever come and banks decide to offer us Bitcoin deposits (e.g. fixed profit on 1 year deposit and etc).
This can be very, very profitable for banks if they make correct decisions.
P.S I don't mean freebitco.in's offer of holds on their wallet. I mean if official banks ever offer us this service.

If we will use banks to deposit our bitcoins i think we are defeating the purpose of eliminating a middle man in our transactions. You may even have to pay taxes in this form. I don't like depositing ny coins in the banks.
Activity: 686
Merit: 104
August 25, 2018, 11:35:08 PM
if within a year, bitcoin experienced a significant growth from the initial deposit, then the bank will make a big profit. but if the opposite happens, the bank will suffer a large loss, while the bank will still have a liability to pay the% fee to the deposit. that is why bitcoin is difficult if it has to be linked to the bank.
Activity: 3
August 25, 2018, 11:25:33 PM
This depends on how banks can see bitcoins as way of their investment, on how they can profit with this. But I think, bitcoins have the possibilities for this. If they can see stability and no security issues, if ever minimal. Banks may offer bitcoin deposits.
Activity: 602
Merit: 10
August 25, 2018, 10:53:15 PM
I think banks and governments hate and prohibit the circulation of Bitcoins in their countries, and they are thinking of ways to undermine the value of Bitcoin, but they can not do it. I think in the present or in the future, central banks of countries will still be unable to release Bitcoin.

I think big banks like goldman sachs or jp morgan start to adapting on bitcoin. Banks is big institution and i am believe they will take benefits from cryptocurrency. Crypto transaction getting bigger and getting more popular and I am believe banks will adapting on this market
Activity: 25
August 25, 2018, 08:27:25 PM
If Bitcoin is officially accepted as a means of payment, then naturally the banks will work with It as with the usual currency.
Activity: 44
Merit: 1
August 25, 2018, 05:00:06 PM
I think everything that deals with money and profit and investment requires risk. the world is changing and its moving towards a digital world. banks have been around for centuries but they survived because they adapt to changes.
well, actually there’s no safe place for monet transactions online there’s always that risk, and its up to you whether you gonna risk your money or not. Our technology nowadays is getting more and more complicated there’s a lot hackers and scammers we need to be careful when dealing with money online.
Activity: 210
August 25, 2018, 08:35:04 AM
Banks do not own their own currency, they only help people that wants to save or transact business with their currency, secondly Banks are profit making ventures, they engage in any services that will maximize their profit legally so if bitcoin is accepted by the people the bank does not have any option than to accept bitcoin deposit and transactions
Activity: 490
Merit: 11
August 25, 2018, 08:24:48 AM
We all know how risky bitcoin is. Let's imagine the most riskiest money deposit situation.
What do you think guys, will this moment ever come and banks decide to offer us Bitcoin deposits (e.g. fixed profit on 1 year deposit and etc).
P.S I don't mean freebitco.in's offer of holds on their wallet. I mean if official banks ever offer us this service.

Maybe in other times that bank will accept cryptocurrency since people are starting to be influence to used cryptocurrency, and the popularization of bitcoin can help banks to gain more clients

Perhaps, it could also be a good opportunity for the banks to gained more investors that will possibly invest a good amounts of savings. And at the same time, it will make bitcoins and all altcoins be a location of choice in regards to investments and probably more likely for all people to engaged with cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 98
August 25, 2018, 08:10:30 AM
indeed if it can happen it will be very profitable for bitcoin investors. but I think that is impossible because all this time I know that banks are very opposite to bitcoin and hate cryptocurrency because banks feel that their function will be reduced by bitcoin.
Activity: 322
The New Pharma-Centric Marketplace
August 25, 2018, 08:01:20 AM
It is possible that in the near future there will be bank deposits in the crypto currency. I've heard about giving private loans in bitcoins and if you believe those who provide such services - it's quite a profitable business.
Activity: 26
August 25, 2018, 07:06:37 AM
I think banks and governments hate and prohibit the circulation of Bitcoins in their countries, and they are thinking of ways to undermine the value of Bitcoin, but they can not do it. I think in the present or in the future, central banks of countries will still be unable to release Bitcoin.
Activity: 246
Merit: 13
August 25, 2018, 06:41:13 AM
I think so because many people, investor and student used bitcoin to earn money and they need the banks that store of money and it is the factors that could banks accepting bitcoin.
Activity: 688
Merit: 106
August 25, 2018, 06:38:01 AM

Maybe in other times that bank will accept cryptocurrency since people are starting to be influence to used cryptocurrency, and the popularization of bitcoin can help banks to gain more clients
Activity: 96
Merit: 2
🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀
August 24, 2018, 05:30:12 PM
Only time will tell but I am sure as some banks move on the blockchain system there is definitely going to be a day they will accept bitcoin as deposit. Seems quite risky but I see that if we make currency deposit at banks without recognising its risk then it possible for bitcoin.
Activity: 103
August 24, 2018, 05:01:11 PM
I think everything that deals with money and profit and investment requires risk. the world is changing and its moving towards a digital world. banks have been around for centuries but they survived because they adapt to changes.
Activity: 239
August 24, 2018, 04:44:29 PM
I mean this sounds just silly, because if you are not confident in the price movement Direction tomorrow how can you offer the deposit which means that money will grow in amount and value?
Activity: 1274
Merit: 519
Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back
August 24, 2018, 01:32:10 PM

I think that's already happening mate, and in fact, many banks have been seriously considering adding up cryptocurrencies in their roster in terms of assets that they accept besides the traditional currencies we have today. We should always consider that banks are business institutions that wants to gain money and enter into good investments and business to further their goals of improving their holdings. Therefore, if they see a market that is, in all its aspects, a good and legitimate moneymaker, then I am sure that they would venture into adjusting their systems to cater it.
Activity: 238
Merit: 1
August 24, 2018, 12:30:20 PM
Yes, I think it will come. It may not happen now, but in the future it will happen. Bitcoin is a part of many people's lives. Seeing the demand for bitcoyne is growing rapidly, as a business institute, banks will fill this need and see that it is better to accept it, rather than go against it. In any case, bitcoin technology far exceeds the capabilities of banks.
Activity: 378
August 24, 2018, 12:26:56 PM
Some of the banks internally in their banking system works with bitcoin. What majority of the organisations do especially financial institutions do is to establish a subsidiary that runs on its own to handle their cryptocurrencies due to raise of eyebrow and moreso, it does not help the financial systems to make their own money because of the decentralised nature of bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: