Pages:
Author

Topic: Will banks ever offer bitcoin deposits? - page 59. (Read 6362 times)

Activity: 130
Merit: 0
I think a bank still has not dared to offer bitcoin deposits to its customers. This is obvious because bitcoins have a very big and high risk, rising and falling bitcoin prices can happen very quickly and very unexpectedly. This can result in the bank being able to incur losses if it offers bitcoin deposits.
Activity: 127
Merit: 1
in this country not all banks are willing and willing to provide such facilities and it seems that there are only a few banks that accept bitcoin purchases and help buy bitcoin
Activity: 77
There are some projects that are trying to create cryptocurrency banks where the transactions/services are done in cryptocurrencies and with the help of blockchain technology.The world has no choice than to embrace the change of the moment,digital currency is the way to go.
Activity: 84
Banks are always afraid of bitcoin due to it high volatility and it ability not to be controlled by any third part in doing it transactions,subscribe TV channels  and some other subscription.
Activity: 182
Merit: 10
I don't think that banks will offer such options, because fiat money (and banks themselves) and crypto currencies are competitors, and if banks change their policy about crypto, they will acknowledge the power of crypto. Banks will use crypto, but only for their own purposes, I think.
Activity: 686
Merit: 521
Once there is no way around and majority of the people starts accepting bitcoin or any other crypto they would be forced to do so.
Other wise it's going to be a very bad situation for those banks.
Activity: 630
Merit: 24
I think that such a future is possible and quite soon. Deposits in bitcoins will be profitable enough for the banking sector as soon as they legalize the cryptocurrency in many countries.

for this, commercial banks need more legislative initiatives to change their activities which are defined by the central(federal) banks,So I think it means that they don't have the right to do this and to offer bitcoin deposits,For example I know countries where banks create new,independent service/Site which offers bitcoin related services and exchange services,but what you said is not bank's profile and their job is very different, Also it partly depends on how does concrete government see the legal definition of bitcoin.
Activity: 149
Merit: 12
I hope common banks will never do it, I hope that there will be something like crypto-banks, they will be decentralized and transparent.
I think it will happen sometime in the future. Banks will eventually do the same what Telecommunication companies are doing right now by providing internet services as there is no longer use of call and sms packages because of whatsapp and facebook. same will be the case with banks. if they are not gonna offer bitcoin deposits, they will ultimately do something to provide services related to bitcoins.
Activity: 252
Merit: 71
I hope common banks will never do it, I hope that there will be something like crypto-banks, they will be decentralized and transparent.
Yeah I think it is possible and I am looking forward to it to happen someday or sooner. Its a very good decision to the banks if they decide to offer this bitcoin deposit. It will give a good opportunity in the banks. But for now, it is impossible because many countries is still deciding if they want to accept crypto currency in their country or they will banned it because it can cause a negative effect in the economy. But I am hoping that bitcoin will possible to deposit in the banks.
Activity: 70
Banks know for sure that Bitcoin offers much benefits and wish to tap this benefit if only they can gain access to control Bitcoin in their own way,all countries before we see banks offering bitcoin deposits and as long as bitcoin is not authorized in all countries in the world.
Activity: 126
As the technology on electronics grow the banks might offer bitcoin deposits through their advance ,electronics banking system that will run for bitcoin deposits separately from fiat money, because bitcoin is decentralized and there should be a special programme system that will run intented for cryptocurrency deposits in bank if ever it will be realize.
Activity: 523
Merit: 285
For now, it is very difficult for banks around the world to recognize bitcoin as electronic money. So you want to send bitcoin to the bank is harder. But we still hope that a future not far from banks will recognize bitcoin as the common currency of the world.
Activity: 696
Merit: 258
I don't think so at this point of time because banks are opposite to Bitcoin and they spread negatives on Bitcoin to make their institution stay for ever to steal people's money in the form of fees and charges. Bitcoin and crypto have been introduced to make these banks disappear and make people's economy grow.

It may happen as you said but it would take some time like 10 to 20 years from now.
Activity: 182
We all know how risky bitcoin is. Let's imagine the most riskiest money deposit situation.
What do you think guys, will this moment ever come and banks decide to offer us Bitcoin deposits (e.g. fixed profit on 1 year deposit and etc).
This can be very, very profitable for banks if they make correct decisions.
P.S I don't mean freebitco.in's offer of holds on their wallet. I mean if official banks ever offer us this service.
It maybe possible. I think those in the banks are already studying this carefully. And someday maybe its going to happen. We are always embracing changes maybe the banks could find a way for this.
Activity: 729
Merit: 502
Activity: 532
Merit: 15
found this on google- WB21 is the First Digital Bank Accepting

https://www.wb21.com/WBPressRelease14.06.16/
Activity: 546
Merit: 100
Do you know that Bitcoin was created to free us from the hands of banks and make us the sole owner of our money? Now you are talking about going around and giving the same Bitcoins to bankers. Why would you do that. Also why deposit your bitcoin with a third party when you can securely store them yourself in a hardware wallet.
Activity: 490
Merit: 251
Each business finds another approach to gain an ever increasing number of benefits. Bitcoin and the bank are each other's rivals. It is conceivable, yet it doesn't appear like they not so distant in the future. On the off chance that this happens, bitcoin will get immense changes in economy. Despite the fact that bitcoin assumes its part in the economy effectively.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 259
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
it seems that it is very risky for the bank because it might be going to make the bank bankrupt, better the banks do not interfere with bitcoin trading game, pity if the bank makes a lot of people lose. for freebitcoin you better get out of there because it is not good and has a very high risk.
Activity: 82
Yeah i think this will come. It might not come now, but in the future it will. Bitcoin has a part of the lives of many people.Indeed, bitcoin is different from fiat money, hence, it needs other mechanisms.
Pages:
Jump to: