Pages:
Author

Topic: Will banks ever offer bitcoin deposits? - page 57. (Read 6362 times)

copper member
Activity: 99
Merit: 1
well! for me i can't even say but what i know is that bitcoin will go places
Activity: 2254
Merit: 658
Looking for gigs
In my country, I think there are two banks who are already riding on with the Bitcoin trend. One of them have decided to implement blockchain payments later on which includes Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Bitcoin Cash and so on. We can say that Bitcoin is a threat to government and banks, but others have a different perspective. It's either you stick with the old system or you should ride on with the trend. Either way, the blockchain age is coming and BTC might replace cash in 10 years or more.
Activity: 82
Merit: 0
I do not know, but it looks like it will not happen any time soon. Currently bitcoins and banks are the opposite parties. So I do not think that's possible.

I think Banks may have a plan on how they can survive if people would choose to invest on bitcoins rather than their own bank.
As a solution for them, banks have to do an application or develop a work and create a digital wallet for them to get even those who invest in Bitcoin.
If Bitcoin will become an Alternative Currency in the near future, especially businesses should adopt it wisely. Particularly the Bank, as a banker or a businessman, you must be in a trend and be able to follow trends.
Activity: 128
Merit: 10
I do not think that this will happen in the next 5 years.

Banks are not technologically ready for this yet, moreover, the question of anonymity is important here.
Activity: 138
I don't think they will offer bitcoin deposits because the banks are centralized and they want to get control of what they are using and since the bitcoin is not stable then it is not a good option for them because they might loss some profit or money if they will accept or offer cryptocurrency deposits so i think, they will never offer bitcoin deposits.
It seems to me that they will, but only when the bitcoin's volatility becomes very small.
Activity: 32
come on wtf?Huh?
we do not need banks deposit if we can store easily our money in our computer!!!
bro what are you doing here??? do you understand what cryptos are???
LOL
Activity: 140
i guess if bank are really looking about the trend it will followed what the people choice, because it sustain to getting involved and still alive using any method that makes people using banks, because bank getting profit most by the people itself
Activity: 214
Every buisness with the time go through a big changes to maintain their market so i will not be suprising if banks will even offer bitcoin deposits as now a days bitcoin is popular so every one thinks to have them.
Activity: 112
I think we will only see more manipulation if this happens , if the banks will profit of bitcoin going up are down then they are gonna make sure that is what happens.Like someone said above , this defeats one of the reasons why bitcoin was invented in the first place.but maybe this is will happen if someday bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies is accepted in all country ang governtment.
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
We all know how risky bitcoin is. Let's imagine the most riskiest money deposit situation.
What do you think guys, will this moment ever come and banks decide to offer us Bitcoin deposits (e.g. fixed profit on 1 year deposit and etc).
This can be very, very profitable for banks if they make correct decisions.
P.S I don't mean freebitco.in's offer of holds on their wallet. I mean if official banks ever offer us this service.
let alone to offer deposits with bitcoin in my country transactions with bitcoin directly it is prohibited maybe in another country it can already be done
copper member
Activity: 280
I think it is possible in the future. But at this time the bank is not expect Bitcoin. Because all the world's banks are unable to explain their opinion on crypto currency. Whether the crypto currency is illegal or not. There are only a few banks which have adopted the crypto currency. But there are still many banks who have considered this currency as illegal currency.
Activity: 266
Merit: 33
I don't think they will offer bitcoin deposits because the banks are centralized and they want to get control of what they are using and since the bitcoin is not stable then it is not a good option for them because they might loss some profit or money if they will accept or offer cryptocurrency deposits so i think, they will never offer bitcoin deposits.
but they will allow it though. as far as there are no interest concern. you can deposit bitcoin in bank in my country
but the thing is they will make it as a fiat currency because of its stability
if ever bitcoin will be stabilized(the price will not be highly volatile like the scenario at the moment) then they will allow it to deposit and let it sleep with an interest
in the future maybe. not right now but a decade or something . when all bitcoins are mined . things will change for sure, the concern of the banks why they are not allowing it is because of its volatility
Activity: 278
It can be real in near future, but the price will be high for that service. Commission and taxes, for this feed their finances. I think, it will not be popular in the world. Banks are afraid about their future.
Activity: 21
So far there has been no bank offering about btc, most likely it will never happen because of the many countries that oppose.
Activity: 117
it is always good to have some kind of dreams like this one, but i think that this is more than unrealistic from all the sides, i do not think that it can happen anytime soon.
Activity: 221
Merit: 1
I think that's impossible because maybe later there will be big problems due to bitcoin price fluctuations. Besides the bitcoin properties are not easy to cashout. Well related to the value of bitcoin is very high if there are users who have a total value of bitcoin as much as 1 million dollars for example whether the bank will also be able to cashout it in a short time?
Activity: 406
Yes that a nice idea. Banks also can join the crypto community and use their technology and also btc as withdrawal or deposit option as well. But I feel even banks will be benefitted from that increasing their user base as well. I would see in the future that even banks will join this community and even make more influential community ever.
Activity: 462
Merit: 260
If the bank accepts the deposit of bitcoins it can be a huge demand for the bitcoins to increase the price. Certainly many bank investors and also buy bitcoins and are sure that this will be the beginning of the crypto currency revolution. It will be legal and applicable to all payments.
Activity: 2590
Merit: 644
Activity: 123
Banks can also offer deposits in USD, EUR and so on. If banks will offer deposits in BTC, they convert them to USD, EUR and other currencies and then make their profit, so most probably they convert BTC deposits, so it is quite simple bank job.
Pages:
Jump to: