Pages:
Author

Topic: Will banks ever offer bitcoin deposits? - page 87. (Read 6362 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 20
April 29, 2018, 11:57:14 AM
I think, for today nobody wants to accept the risk of bitcoin, I analyze that FOMO higher than panicked sellers, so it requires a long process, even the majority of banks also refuse bitcoin, so how will banks offer to deposit?
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000
April 29, 2018, 11:49:57 AM
Some financial organization already did it. The Tokyo-based digital currency exchange start offering bitcoin fixed-term deposit accounts to its users.
Activity: 238
Merit: 0
April 29, 2018, 11:38:01 AM
I think there will be a willingness to deposits a bank crypto currency. Because the two centers center two. However, the crypto currency has the same effect. Bitcoin is a few options where it is possible to store your own currencies.
Activity: 422
Merit: 251
April 29, 2018, 11:31:49 AM
I think (some) banks will accept crypto deposits in the future.

I know the dutch bank Rabobank is investigating a new prodcut called Rabobit.
If this goes live, you can deposit BTC\crypto by the Rabobank.
Not sure if that is something to like...

https://themerkle.com/what-is-rabobit/

Activity: 127
April 29, 2018, 11:18:32 AM
If ever Bitcoin will be Alternative Currency in the near future everybody specially businesses must adopt it wisely. Particularly Banks, as a banker or a business person you must be on trend and capable to keep pace on the trends. Banks may be have plans on how they can survive if people will choose to invest on bitcoin than their own bank.
As of my solution for them the banks must do application or developing works and make digital wallets for them to gain even people investing on Bitcoins.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 510
April 28, 2018, 12:26:41 PM
We all know how risky bitcoin is. Let's imagine the most riskiest money deposit situation.
What do you think guys, will this moment ever come and banks decide to offer us Bitcoin deposits (e.g. fixed profit on 1 year deposit and etc).
This can be very, very profitable for banks if they make correct decisions.
P.S I don't mean freebitco.in's offer of holds on their wallet. I mean if official banks ever offer us this service.

The current banking system most likely sees cryptocurrencies as their competition for several reasons which is why we have seen some negative comments from Jamie Dimon and other bank executives.

However, at some point, I think banks will have to adapt to cryptocurrencies and incorporate that into their regular banking activities if they want to survive.

I see this happening from the reverse direction with Coinbase. At first Coinbase only let you use you bank account to purchase Bitcoins. Now they are letting customers hold US dollars in their Coinbase accounts.
Activity: 350
Merit: 110
April 28, 2018, 12:00:37 PM
We all know how risky bitcoin is. Let's imagine the most riskiest money deposit situation.
What do you think guys, will this moment ever come and banks decide to offer us Bitcoin deposits (e.g. fixed profit on 1 year deposit and etc).
P.S I don't mean freebitco.in's offer of holds on their wallet. I mean if official banks ever offer us this service.
Isn't it one of the main purposes of bitcoin is decentralization? So our transaction will be free from being tracked by these third-party entities and provide privacy in our every transaction. If bitcoin users will use banks if ever they will offer bitcoin deposits, doesn't it disregards its purpose by becoming centralized?
Activity: 504
Merit: 10
YOUC | John McAfee Supports
April 28, 2018, 11:54:01 AM

cryptocurrency is the most volatile thing that i ever see.
i dont think banks will accept deposit of bitcoin because its value can change anytime at huge difference.
Activity: 224
April 28, 2018, 08:21:13 AM
Of course they will. It's a lot of money, they will not stay away. But I did not trust them and I will not trust them. I never took loans and did not hold deposits. Continuous scam. I saw how others in them lost still had to remain.
Activity: 154
April 28, 2018, 08:09:27 AM

It can't be ruled out that this is not possible. There has been some companies working to provide loan on crypto assets. So, in future banks has to think about ways how to incorporate bitcoin or other altcoins in their own scope.
Activity: 994
Merit: 544
April 28, 2018, 08:06:27 AM
We actually dont need banks anymore with regards to your bitcoin since your own wallet is your own bank. But if there is a case that banks will offer such services then I am also willing to place some of my bitcoins inside of the bank as long as they keep the volatility and not freeze my bitcoins. There are already movement by the G7 banks to invest on bitcoin and cryptocurrency thus we will be seeing a huge impact on bitcoins value soon enough.
Activity: 308
Merit: 101
April 28, 2018, 07:42:27 AM
I don't think there's serious problem for banks to be officially accepting bitcoin as deposit. If bank will only allow withdrawal in bitcoin, therefore, you're withdrawing  the same quantity you deposit, then the bank has nothing to loose in case of any volatility. However, the major problem facing bank is how to integrate a suitable platform that will accommodate cryptocurrency.
Merit: 10
TRONscratch.com
April 28, 2018, 07:37:20 AM
I think it is most likely possible. Banks now will need to adopt especially in this great innovation. As of now long it takes before we could feel the effect of it then let's just wait.
Activity: 704
Merit: 270
April 28, 2018, 07:20:43 AM
No, I don't think that banks would offer bitcoin deposits as their confidence on bitcoin is very low as they only dig that thing in which they have confidence that it would give them profit, otherwise they keep their hands away from that thing.
Merit: 101
Your professional profile on the blockchain
April 28, 2018, 07:12:28 AM
I`m totally almost sure that such idea is impossible due huge bitcoin volatility. How can they guarantee any profit to you if BTC can be dumped x3 next month?
Activity: 224
April 28, 2018, 07:03:53 AM
We all know that Bitcoin is volatile in nature. Again we also know that the banks always submit them to the stable money.
If they accept Bitcoin as a payment, and if its price decreases, the banks will face big problems. For these reasons, no bank will deposit other coins, including Bitcoin or Altcoin. But in the future, banks may offer bitcoin and cryptocurrency in the hope of bigger profits.
Activity: 238
Merit: 57
April 28, 2018, 05:54:03 AM
I am not  expecting any banks concocting offers that way, the banks realize that it is a hazardous undertaking to begin tolerating bitcoin as stores as there are numerous hacks from the trades left and right and even in this short run we know what number of billions are lost through real hacks all through its short history more finished for what reason should I store my coins in a bank when I can store painstakingly.
Activity: 196
April 28, 2018, 05:45:38 AM
I think that for banks this kind of deposit is not completely understandable, the fact is that bitcoin has very high volatility, so the bank will find it difficult to calculate the percentage of profits and the risks associated with this instrument. BTC is a great product for trading on stock exchanges but not for a deposit in a bank.
Activity: 533
Merit: 100
April 28, 2018, 05:15:56 AM

If they do that, that could be their doom. But who knows.
I see banks in some form in the future.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273
April 28, 2018, 05:05:29 AM
Bitcoin is beyond their control, the only thing why they offer a fixed rate for FIAT deposits is because of they able to fully control and maximize the deposited money for their own profit. And that is completely a different story if the deposit amount is Bitcoin since its decentralized.
Pages:
Jump to: